Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Damn pipes, I show you my secret holder and now you make a business out of it...you go pipes. I still need an all in one adapter so I will wait to see if yours works...said I didn't get to test. It is good you set the plug up high...mine is set a low but still in back.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Damn pipes, I show you my secret holder and now you make a business out of it...you go pipes. I still need an all in one adapter so I will wait to see if yours works...said I didn't get to test. It is good you set the plug up high...mine is set a low but still in back.
Well you know what us guys are like. You wave those things in front of us and we just must have. :dog:

eyewhites

personally I grind with a SCS which gives me a medium-fine grind then pack fairly tight. I usually weigh out .18-.2 per bowl of light weight haze. I find a tighter pack gives me better hits.Pockets of air are not good for heat transfer.

I do agree though that too fine a grind and a tight pack could well cause problems. I've never got on with the suck to fill method. I always end up with bud in my mouth even with a screen.

i must need a new grinder, i cant fit more than .12 in mine :(

eyewhites,

redrum

How can you guys be using a bong with the solo? mine barrely lets any air flow trough, like when I suck it it feels like my lungs are getting vaciuum sealed.... does bong make it better or ?

clouded vision

How can you guys be using a bong with the solo? mine barrely lets any air flow trough, like when I suck it it feels like my lungs are getting vaciuum sealed.... does bong make it better or ?
To start with you really don't need to suck that hard. You are working against the restriction that is there fir a reason. Try relaxing a little more when you are hitting it and slow your draw to match the restriction. Think of the solo as a big luxury boat of a car ( like an old Lincoln or caddy), it isn't designed to mash on the gas and get you there as fast as possible but if you slow down instead of racing to the finish, you will get there in style and comfort.
Also I find that using a bong actually helps improve the draw

dos equis

To start with you really don't need to suck that hard. You are working against the restriction that is there fir a reason. Try relaxing a little more when you are hitting it and slow your draw to match the restriction. Think of the solo as a big luxury boat of a car ( like an old Lincoln or caddy), it isn't designed to mash on the gas and get you there as fast as possible but if you slow down instead of racing to the finish, you will get there in style and comfort.
Also I find that using a bong actually helps improve the draw
Surely a GonG helps the airflow though? I have an SG14 bong, and I've used my Solo with it a few times but only by sticking the stem into the bong so it fits, but I'm assuming it's not exactly that efficient.

OF

Surely a GonG helps the airflow though?

Not in and of itself. It's just the same old stem with a different top end. It doesn't change the physics any.

If you want more flow (less restriction) go for the PVHES version. Understand that this will not produce any more vapor, all it will do it dilute what's produced by the available heat. But it will draw easier. The WP will fill easier but be less potent.

Ironically, flushing cold air though to ease the draw robs heat (to heat that air) that would otherwise produce vapor. So the extra flow actually slows the rate of vapor production........

No real magic, just different tunes on the same machine.

OF

dos equis

Not in and of itself. It's just the same old stem with a different top end. It doesn't change the physics any.

If you want more flow (less restriction) go for the PVHES version. Understand that this will not produce any more vapor, all it will do it dilute what's produced by the available heat. But it will draw easier. The WP will fill easier but be less potent.

Ironically, flushing cold air though to ease the draw robs heat (to heat that air) that would otherwise produce vapor. So the extra flow actually slows the rate of vapor production........

No real magic, just different tunes on the same machine.

OF
I have a PVHEGonG on the way, if anything it will at least be much more convenient than just shoving the stem into the bong! :D

Does anyone know if the power adapter is small enough to fit in a mailbox? (Small package/letter)

BowChamp

I actually just broke my straight stem from sticking it in a 14mm bong so I guess its time for that GOnG

Which is odd because somone once dropped the stem 5 feet onto concrete and it didnt break! Oh well

Last edited:

thesoloman

Im so happy i have O-rings in my solo, having a tight stem just saved my last one falling to its death on the tile floor, when i knocked my solo over. :tup:
In my opinion that would be welcome is a steel plate that could go on the bottom of a solo, I made a DIY one that wasn't quite the right shape.. but had the idea there, I can see a plate saving the solo from the dreaded chipped corners that happen with over tightened topcaps/orings or over tightened screws.
A black aluminum one would be baddass
@BowChamp I've broken one like that too before.

dos equis

I've flipped my Solo around a few times, dropped it on the floor and shit. I've noticed that thing can get really fucking slippery, not good when you're high as fuck and trying to go for some more. :p

OF

In my opinion that would be welcome is a steel plate that could go on the bottom of a solo, I made a DIY one that wasn't quite the right shape.. but had the idea there, I can see a plate saving the solo from the dreaded chipped corners that happen with over tightened topcaps/orings or over tightened screws.
A black aluminum one would be baddass

I had a similar idea when faced with the broken corners, but I used a couple applications of Devcon 'Plastic Welder' epoxy. I used scotch tape stuck to the flat back of the floor plate to keep the epoxy in line and keep it from gluing the thing up tight. Grease the screws and put them back in to form the screw countersink. Use an xacto knife or similar to slice it to shape (follow the curves and flats of the plate) when the glue is 'half set' (about 3 or 4 minutes out, work fast). The only problem is the color, it's 'cream' and while sharpie covers it, it rapidly wears off. Next time I mix the black die in the glue before mixing part A and B.

Anyway, it works great, sticks to the plastic like a big dog.

If you do make a backup plate, be sure to window out the area around the connector so the plug will go in far enough.

Good luck.

I've flipped my Solo around a few times, dropped it on the floor and shit. I've noticed that thing can get really fucking slippery, not good when you're high as fuck and trying to go for some more. :p

I swear you new guys.....you buy a vape and figure you're good to go, sweaty hands and all.....

Don't you know to wax stuff like that? I put a couple thickish coats of Johnson's Paste Wax (a personal fav) on the whole body. Not only does it keep it much cleaner (stuff doesn't stick nearly as well) but you get a solid grip with soggy hands. Great protection, too. Ever notice the fancy guns in museum display cases? Yup, they're waxed.

I wax the MFLB and several others as well. Give it a go, just use a real hard wax, look for lots of Caranuba. Once you get started, it's a good thing to carry on. Garden tools are another good place to lay a few coats on, wood and metal alike.

OF

dos equis

Sounds like a simple and good way to possibly save a vape, may have to do that eventually. Also want to get some kind of charging base, that and a PA would be amazing. I'm assuming using a PA forces you to lay it down or constantly hold it, sounds like quite a hassle when I think about it. :p

What do you guys do with the amber vape oil that gets left in your stem? I've been cleaning it out with q-tips and re-vaping it, but it's really hard to properly clean out the part directly above/below the chamber, before/after it gets thinner (I couldn't decide what way you'd normally be looking at it so I included both). Any other good uses for it? Making hash with powdered ABV wasn't really a success for me.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Sounds like a simple and good way to possibly save a vape, may have to do that eventually. Also want to get some kind of charging base, that and a PA would be amazing. I'm assuming using a PA forces you to lay it down or constantly hold it, sounds like quite a hassle when I think about it. :p

What do you guys do with the amber vape oil that gets left in your stem? I've been cleaning it out with q-tips and re-vaping it, but it's really hard to properly clean out the part directly above/below the chamber, before/after it gets thinner (I couldn't decide what way you'd normally be looking at it so I included both). Any other good uses for it? Making hash with powdered ABV wasn't really a success for me.
I use a specific bottle of ISO alcohol that I wash my dirty stems in, and then strain/evaporate it. The reclaim is good to throw in a pack or by itself with some cotton.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What are you making with that mahogany Ataxian?
It's a display for W9 Tech products like the PERSEI and OMNICRON.
The wood does look like Mahogany however is an exotic called PAROTA.

My water path is all set up for the SOLO.
Time to sit back relax and enjoy!

SS = SOLO STYLE

wootze

Hey dood bros and sis's, I did the search, got zip. Somewhere I thought I remember reading that the newest solos run hotter?
Amirite?

wootze,
Top Bottom