Arizer Solo

OF

I just recently got 2 solo's (the 2013 M1A4 models) Both of these solo's exhibited the robofart issue. I had to return the first one because the battery almost immediately crapped out (wouldnt charge, no green light just 1-3 temp lights flashing)

I'm sorry you're not happy. Hopefully you will be eventually, IMO it's a great unit.....and I seem to have a LOT of company there......

Actually, if you read this thread, you'll discover that's a problem with the charger not the battery or unit. And often this is user related in that the charger is marginal enough to work in some outlets but not others (typically when guys plug them into computer plug strips, often plugged into other plug strips that aren't giving full line voltage any more.

New heaters can smell, this one gets seriously hot, so it too can smell when new, like a coffee pot, toaster, hair dryer or whatever. Smell and taste are very subjective issues, hopefully as it dissipates (and it is or you wouldn't be able to smell it....) it'll get to a level you no longer object to (like the toaster).

Good luck with it, IMO it's a good vape, well worth working with.

OF

So I just hit a vape bong for the first time in my life

8HpgaCOl.jpg

It was awesome, thanks PVHEGonG (and JET too, although fuck how FedEx took their sweet time with it)
I've always thought these two were made for each other.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I'm sorry you're not happy. Hopefully you will be eventually, IMO it's a great unit.....and I seem to have a LOT of company there......

Actually, if you read this thread, you'll discover that's a problem with the charger not the battery or unit. And often this is user related in that the charger is marginal enough to work in some outlets but not others (typically when guys plug them into computer plug strips, often plugged into other plug strips that aren't giving full line voltage any more.

New heaters can smell, this one gets seriously hot, so it too can smell when new, like a coffee pot, toaster, hair dryer or whatever. Smell and taste are very subjective issues, hopefully as it dissipates (and it is or you wouldn't be able to smell it....) it'll get to a level you no longer object to (like the toaster).

Good luck with it, IMO it's a good vape, well worth working with.

OF
Mine performed flawlessly and oderlessly right out of the box. Just lucky, I guess:cheers:.

NoName

Mine performed flawlessly and oderlessly right out of the box. Just lucky, I guess:cheers:.

Hey Snappo,

As did mine. I have a model M1A3 purchased from Vapeworld during the past 420 sale. Don't remember reading that odor problems were model/source specific but I wonder......

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the valuable info that been contributed!!! Solo has been "very, very good to me". Guess I shouldn't be surprised - already had an Arizer Extreme Q that I love.

NoName

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
*****AIO PA Update*****

Moving right along here. Looking good for sometime next week.

Busy day today out working hard poolside. Actually got some work done.

These pigtails are hanging around with some jb-weld to double enforce the strain relief. They also have an piece of shrink wrap to add to the cable strength. Have to take care of those wire yankers out there...

P1050636_zpsb5c6497a.jpg

While waiting for the glue to firm, got some parts out to put some regulators together.

P1050642_zps1f02ec30.jpg

Here is a couple stages of assembly.

P1050644_zps19dbc3da.jpg

What the assembled regulator looks like.

P1050634_zps44d270a9.jpg

Mounted inside the enclosure.

P1050647_zps790578a5.jpg

P1050645_zpsae7ed3d8.jpg

So that's basically my version of "How'd they do that?"

On the first run numbers, there is still room for more.

In addition to the quest for 1st run adopters, I am also including an option for 10 units of the package to be geared for the car PA only. Meaning a packing which includes a 10 Amp Car adapter and step down unit with adapters. For those who already own a home PA but wish to include the automobile for the PA experience. Note: This is an older pic and the step down doesn't have the added shrink wrap.

This package will be $25 + $10 shipping or $35 shipped.

CarPA_zps557bbba9.jpg

Same as with the AIO, I will accommodate the first 10 PMs for the car PA.

Pipes :tup:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've been testing out Pipes' AIO for about a week now and it has been working flawlessly.

I do need to rig up something to keep the cord from touching my bubbler though. I don't like to feel the cord between my hand and the glass for some strange OCD reason.

Hey, Pipes.... can you make it a cordless PA? :p

:peace:

Last edited:

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Wuddup. :cool:

I'm back.

I haven't been posting much lately because I hit a bit of a rough patch. Didn't think the FC community would notice but then I logged back on and there was a PM from a concerned ROBOT! That was a first for me!!! :nod:

Still loving my Solo and using it even more than my DBV when I'm at home but I need to would like to buy something to go along with it, like a PVHES. I'm trying to hold off on any water attachments because I still plan on making it my traveling unit when I get either a Cloud or an Eagle so I'm thinking more along the lines of a PVHES and a Chillum. Or maybe just a stock stem and a Chillum?
I hear that The taste is SWEET when paired with a CHILLUM!

There's a nearby shop with a huge assortment of them but I think I'll still need that rubber or silicone piece to make sure it'll fit properly. I just sold something on here so I have some money on Paypal that I can send to someone if they can hook me up with some of that,, and maybe some o-rings too (everything's still stock).
If anybody can help me out please let me know. It would be nice if you have both the o-rings and the piece to connect a chillum with.

P.S. I just looked down at the little smiley face guy eating popcorn and now I want some popcorn.

Hoof Hearted,

BranFlakes188

Cheers for the links and all, but I might see how cheap we can get it as a group. I'm in Australia, so even at the high end of $120 (never thought I'd be saying that), it'd be worth it for me :) $45-60 shipping costs on the eBay listings is a bit steep.

Edit: also aren't there some warranty issues with eBay purchases?

BranFlakes188,

dos equis

Cheers for the links and all, but I might see how cheap we can get it as a group. I'm in Australia, so even at the high end of $120 (never thought I'd be saying that), it'd be worth it for me :) $45-60 shipping costs on the eBay listings is a bit steep.

Edit: also aren't there some warranty issues with eBay purchases?
Not if the seller is authorized, there was no issue registering my eBay-bought Solo for warranty. Not that I'd ever get to use it though, considering it is quite well used by now and it would have to cross a few borders. :p

dos equis,

poonman

fbrinsley

franklin
wait so paying $247 w/ tax at hippie gypsy yesterday was a rookie move on my part? i mean i've already got my monies worth with the vapor production compared to a half dozen other vapes just collecting dust. mflb, silver surfer, iolite, wispr, purple days - all great vapes. i dunno, i got my ass handed to me yesterday. and i'm back for more today. who's with me?

natural farmer

I'm back.

I haven't been posting much lately because I hit a bit of a rough patch. Didn't think the FC community would notice but then I logged back on and there was a PM from a concerned ROBOT! That was a first for me!!! :nod:

Still loving my Solo and using it even more than my DBV when I'm at home but I need to would like to buy something to go along with it, like a PVHES. I'm trying to hold off on any water attachments because I still plan on making it my traveling unit when I get either a Cloud or an Eagle so I'm thinking more along the lines of a PVHES and a Chillum. Or maybe just a stock stem and a Chillum?

There's a nearby shop with a huge assortment of them but I think I'll still need that rubber or silicone piece to make sure it'll fit properly. I just sold something on here so I have some money on Paypal that I can send to someone if they can hook me up with some of that,, and maybe some o-rings too (everything's still stock).
If anybody can help me out please let me know. It would be nice if you have both the o-rings and the piece to connect a chillum with.

P.S. I just looked down at the little smiley face guy eating popcorn and now I want some popcorn.

Welcome back then! :D Before investing in a PVHES or a chillum or a water tool, I would recommend trying a vapor lung paired with the Solo. It transforms it into a convection beast and one hit can send you to the stars! I cache a packed Solo stem in three hits, hence 3 vapor lung fillings, two super heavy hits and a heavy one. If made right a vapor lung can change your vaping life... :myday::2c:

EDIT: I would love a direct comparison of hits coming from the Solo and a vapor lung and ones from the Cloud or the Sub. I am pretty sure they are equally heavy and tasty. :smug:

samirfuzzywuzzy

Do you guys not believe in EBAY? I got my solo and 3 others for friends @ 110 a piece including 2nd day air. It might be that the seller re-listed a bulk deal for me but I think some people paying around 200 is just crazy. Id take the money I save over to PV and prepare myself for some Ketchup Lays. Just my :2c:

dncrgrl

Professional Lurker
For as much shade is thrown on eBay I have only been burned once, many years ago, and it was my own fault for getting too excited about a price and not reading feedback. I bought my solo for $132 shipped from an eBay authorized reseller with no problems. It's all in the research- gotta research the sellers as much as we research these vapes; combing the listing description will usually let U know right away if the reseller is authorized and reading seller feedback is a must!

poonman

Do you guys not believe in EBAY? I got my solo and 3 others for friends @ 110 a piece including 2nd day air. It might be that the seller re-listed a bulk deal for me but I think some people paying around 200 is just crazy. Id take the money I save over to PV and prepare myself for some Ketchup Lays. Just my :2c:

That's getting closer to what I was hoping for .
$ 110 in total ? and to India IIRC where you're located ? Nice .

I'm back.

When you order from PV , ask Robert to throw in a few Omicron tips for you to try .
And after usage , you can cut them to fit your glass chillums as they offer a perfect seal .

wait so paying $247 w/ tax at hippie gypsy yesterday was a rookie move on my part? i mean i've already got my monies worth with the vapor production compared to a half dozen other vapes just collecting dust. mflb, silver surfer, iolite, wispr, purple days - all great vapes. i dunno, i got my ass handed to me yesterday. and i'm back for more today. who's with me?

I'm surprised with all those other vapes you have already , that you didn't know about FC .
or did you ?
Since discovering FC , I'm with Alfred ,
" What me worry ? " ...nah , I have FC members to rely on .:tup:

Top Bottom