Arizer Solo

bigdjohnson

I just fire up the Solo at 6-7, suck the herb in with the stem from my grinder, place the stem (GonG) on my vapor lung and two-three lung busting hits later I am thinking that while it was definitely enough to medicate me, the taste was so good that I throw the dark brown ABV out and suck in another load! :D No stirring needed, loose coarse grind for best convection effects! Cheers!

Hold on, you only take 3 hits a bowl?

OF

i have reviewed this forum and last i checked 3 people did it and only one had success

i was told the original one from arizer was 8.5v at 5a so why wouldn't an 8.5v 5.56A (i think) power source work is the current too much?

what do you mean by long term current?

I don't think you have your arms firmly around the electricity part. The current rating is a capacity rating. The ability to provide XX amount of current if it's required. Same as the outlet in the wall circuit is capable of providing 20 Amps total if needed (no more than 15 from any outlet) before the circuit breaker trips, the total current actually used depends on what you plug in and turn on. I've never messed with those supplies, but there have been serious problems reported (including one melt down). Perhaps you rent so that's not as big a deal, but some wish to avoid potential house fires.

If you looked into it and still wish to press forward since only two out of the 3 cases you know had problems, good luck with it.

My assumption (and we all know where that can lead) is that the supply you want is OK with 5 Amps (we only need two or so) but not for long time periods. As a supply for a game this might be plenty but with the 15 or so minutes it's run as a PA heat may be catching up with it. Just a guess. What we do know is others have reported serious issues.

Also mixed in there are reports of sub standard supplies out there. Yes, the official PA supply is 8.5 Volts, as I said before you need to stay between 7 and 9, under all conditions. The PA prototypes I built are 'tuned' to a bit over 8 and do just fine, as does the Jameco 7.5 supply some are using. The simiilar Jameco 9 Volt supply does not work since it can be about .2 Volts above that (9.2 total) without load and tilts the Solo out.

Just because your car has 150 HP and can go 120 MPH doesn't mean it's always producing 150 HP or that it will do 120 for very long without overheating. Same deal on power supples. Not everything is as simple as comparing a couple numbers and knowing all you need to know.

Or consider the hose in the yard. It can provide some level of flow (current in electric terms) depending on the valve setting the hose/sprinkler resistances. Electricity works like that, total flow of electrons (current) is controlled by the pressure (voltage) and the circuit resistance. If we measure voltage in Volts and resistance in Ohms and divide the voltage by the current in those units we get an answer for resistance in Ohms and have Ohms law. Change the current (or resistance) and the conditions shift.

I think Exit has a handle on it below. Others have reported problems with what you propose doing, money is tight, I just suggest you start out with an idea not known to be a problem.

Best of luck.

The short answer is that not all power supplies are made equal. It's not that the PS2 Slim supply delivers too much current, it's that the PS2 Slim PSU can't handle the kind of power the Solo wants

OF

Edit: Let me suggest a different take on 'only 2 out of 3 guys reported problems' using he game supply idea: One of the three hasn't had trouble yet? Or maybe he has, and just hasn't reported it back? We've no idea how much use it's been put to. No matter how you look at it, your having troubles ranges from 'what happens to most guys' to 'it's a statistical certainty' (whatever that is). Based on your own observations. The odds are against you, I'd suggest a different source.

Best wishes.

OF

thesoloman

If you must use a ps2 slim charger cut the end off that fits in your solo, and hook it up to a car jack outlet of any shitty car charger, and wallah you have a car charger. not quite what you wanted but we can't have everything now can we? lol

thesoloman,
Reactions: ataxian

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So i decided to break out the solo and Bate Dizzle

SAM_0069_zps56a3fcb1.jpg

Packed my 18 mm Gong with weed and oil....

SAM_0071_zps0dbb086f.jpg

ready to rip

SAM_0072_zps7ba49785.jpg

Fucking clouds

SAM_0077_zps054b0c05.jpg

SAM_0079_zpsc4f87762.jpg

SAM_0080_zpsc5d27b0d.jpg

some-ecards-awesome-bitches_zpsd056acc4.jpg

Dunii

I just got my Solo yesterday and I wanted to post and say that my experience was excellent! I didn't try the glass stems that come with the unit, because I was afraid the large holes would allow herb to suck through. I will definitely be researching water tubes and the like for this unit.

Dunii,
Reactions: mvapes

clouded vision

I just got my Solo yesterday and I wanted to post and say that my experience was excellent! I didn't try the glass stems that come with the unit, because I was afraid the large holes would allow herb to suck through. I will definitely be researching water tubes and the like for this unit.
If you didn't use the glass stems, then what did you use? did you get a wood stem also? try putting a domed screen in the glass stems, it works very well. If you can't picture it try a search for "domed screen" posted by me, there are a couple of pictures of it in this thread

exit

Hey guys I realized I never posted this in here.

Even though the plug fits into the 5.5/2.1mm->EIAG 02 adapter I have for my VAPOLUTION 2.0 car adapter and the specs match up they don't work.

I got this car charger for my Solo and it works just fine with my 5.5/2.1MM -> EIAG 02 adapters. Less than $10 shipped too and a good brand, not eBay cheapo

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/ZA5077/ZA5077-ND/221569

abhishek

:( totally agree with u mate
I am getting another Solo,,,so the next one is surely looking like a Red bull..and next month I am off to Nepal(Kathmandu) so let's see how all that good stuff ,will work with my new Solo

If it looks good you would have him come on here, he could have a wwhole new market, not just solos either. I bet he would sell a bunch

Haha that's what I told him...anyways if all goes well..I will try to help all of u to get these decalskins...
BTW don't worry bout heating of Solo, as according to that guy, skin will not raise Solo temperature significantly

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Haha just ordered a decal skin for my Solo....this guy, promised me a custom fit... my Solo will soon look like a deodorant stick....I have asked him to copy Armani code deo stick....if all goes well pics coming in next 48hrs

Something like this
http://perfumeblvd.com/armani-code-deodorant-stick-by-giorgio-armani-2.5oz-for-men
That's cool man! I have this sticker on mine http://www.redbubble.com/people/mouseman/works/9043039-kush-puppie?p=sticker
Red bubble has alot of cool stickers buy 5 or 6 and they are half off!

GKritz

I think I'm going to sell my pursei for a solo instead of getting an herb chamber. Solo seems to be doing good things. I rarely get erl anymore I need something for the car. Good idea ?

GKritz,
Reactions: OF

exit

I think I'm going to sell my pursei for a solo instead of getting an herb chamber. Solo seems to be doing good things. I rarely get erl anymore I need something for the car. Good idea ?

well it depends. do you ever vape oil? (did autocorrect change oil to erl?) if the answer is no, sell your persei and the solo is the best thing you'd do with the money you got if you're looking to vape flowers. if you do like vaping oil though then keep the persei. maybe even get a bender! bender tastes amazing!

if its gonna be used in the car a lot (that's where i use mine almost always) i recommend either getting a normal car charger or wait to get one of Pipes' modular PA's when he's done with them.

i do between 1-6 sessions on the road depending on how long my commute is but when i get home i always put it right on the charger and don't take it off until it's full... if you don't wear the battery below the last few dots it recharges to full pretty fast. but drain it past that and you'll be waiting all day....

ps love that avatar

GKritz

ps love that avatar

Thanks for the input exit!

I used to vape oil all the time but haven't been able to get my hands on any for a while now. Flowers are all I have now. I was a little concerned about the battery life but from what you say it sounds like it would work well for what I need.

I am also considering the bender. Unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to try either the bender or solo. If you could tell me, which would you say produces thicker/more effective hits and whats the difference in drag like ?

GKritz,

salivape

If it looks good you would have him come on here, he could have a wwhole new market, not just solos either. I bet he would sell a bunch

Yeah for sure! Id buy one straight away.. In particular the red bull one Frederick mentioned! Stellar idea

salivape,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am also considering the bender. Unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to try either the bender or solo. If you could tell me, which would you say produces thicker/more effective hits and whats the difference in drag like ?

EXIT knows the subject very well.

I own both the SOLO and the PERSEI.
Both are used daily.
When the budget is tight I make my own concentrates.
SOLO'S are very efficient.
The BENDER the taste is pretty amazing.
BENTLEY = BENDER
SOLO = CADILLAC

Both are good devices.

It comes down to what you can afford?

I use both!

Primasilva

Professional Procras... I'll finish this later ;-)
Haha just ordered a decal skin for my Solo....this guy, promised me a custom fit... my Solo will soon look like a deodorant stick....I have asked him to copy Armani code deo stick....if all goes well pics coming in next 48hrs

Something like this
http://perfumeblvd.com/armani-code-deodorant-stick-by-giorgio-armani-2.5oz-for-men

That's awesome! I'd totally pay to see all the crazy looks you'll get when your friends see you sucking on a can of deodorant :lol:

I'd definitely be down for a Red Bull decal!

abhishek

That's awesome! I'd totally pay to see all the crazy looks you'll get when your friends see you sucking on a can of deodorant :lol:

I'd definitely be down for a Red Bull decal!
Haha totally agree with u..brah
But at that time , I really thought it would be easy to carry Solo in deo disguise, inside cinema hall, auditoriums and lot of other places...jus that eatables and drinks are not allowed in such places..

Top Bottom