Arizer Solo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
IMO the solo offers the best flavor with concentrates. I spritz my flowers with essential e juice prior to puffing. By the 3rd or 4th hit I usually start forgetting what day of the week it is and who the president is.

Even Louis has to walk me around...

monkeydrunk_zpsfc45bdf7.jpg

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
i have reviewed this forum and last i checked 3 people did it and only one had success

i was told the original one from arizer was 8.5v at 5a so why wouldn't an 8.5v 5.56A (i think) power source work is the current too much?

what do you mean by long term current?

I've been using a PS2 slim power supply for several months with no problems. Hardly ever use the Solo battery anymore. Be sure to check the polarity with a meter before plugging in. I just scabbed a new connector on but you can get a nice adaptor here:
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=2113703&storeId=10001&krypto=vFgRhKXJZKuM8sLfuPRmxv3tw+Np1UpMVks4N7ZnwCUxYpbmHmDQ4w==&ddkey=https:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

The other reason I hardly ever use the internal Solo batteries anymore is this:
lenmar1.jpg

It is a 9V 2600mAh rechargable lithium-ion battery pak. Before everyone gets too excited, I should warn that it works, but not 100%. By that I mean it powers the Solo and it heats up fine, but when the temperature you set is reached it will stay there as long as you keep hitting it, but if the heater curcuit shuts off, you have to reset your temperature manually. Not too big a deal if you pay attention. But if you let the heater shut down and ignore it too long the display will start flashing the bottom three heat indicators(yellow LEDs). At this point all you have to do is plug and unplug. I have not counted to number of sessions it gives, but I have not even had to use the Solo batteries when out and about on our property, so I know it would at least double the number of sessions if you used both the battery pak and the Solos batteries. It came with a charger for the home and one for the car.

lenmar2.jpg

lenmar3.jpg

Last edited:

exit

Thanks for the input exit!

I used to vape oil all the time but haven't been able to get my hands on any for a while now. Flowers are all I have now. I was a little concerned about the battery life but from what you say it sounds like it would work well for what I need.

I am also considering the bender. Unfortunately I haven't had an opportunity to try either the bender or solo. If you could tell me, which would you say produces thicker/more effective hits and whats the difference in drag like ?

I agree with what ATAXIAN said a lot.
They both are comparable in flavor and vapor quality.
However they are still very different units!

Honestly if it's one or the other I would lean SOLO.
Reason being it's effortless. You pack it and hit it when it's ready and perfect every time.
The Bender you need to stir around once or twice mid-session to prevent burning on one side.

The solo you can wrap up the stem, put it anywhere, throw the unit in your pocket and be on your (smelly-free) way.
The bender is a lot more delicate.

Solo battery life is very good. You can get 3x as many sessions out of one battery charge on a solo vs. the persei w/ bender. 4x if you don't mind draining the solo's battery dead.

I was concerned about Solo battery life doing it how I do it but it really hasn't been an issue. First thing I do when I come in the house is take off my shoes and plug in my solo. If I only did one or two sessions, it's back up to full very quickly, and then I can be on my way knowing I can get 7 or 8 charges out of it while I'm on the go if i need to.

I don't wanna say sell your persei because the persei rules but the fact of the matter is if you're not buying or making your own concentrates what's the point.

Curiousone

Hey Pram, what else you paying top see? :cool:
^^God, please don't remind me of that one trip to Mexico! If I knew beforehand what would follow...let's just say I wouldn't have walked in...(there was no sign like the one in the pic)

In solo news, I broke both my stems!!! Ordered from PIU and two days later back in biz. Even used the FC discount. GReat retailer!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
See - you knew you should have stuck those stems in your ass! Safest place of and it does it while self cleaning. Alarming the but trumpets is somewhat the sanitizer method as well.

Your choice of words makes you a target of my kind, prepare to be followed.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I
I don't wanna say sell your persei because the persei rules but the fact of the matter is if you're not buying or making your own concentrates what's the point.

I don't want to sound like a pompous A@@hole.

The BENDER is for the GUY who has a endless supply of FLOWERS.
If your scraping to get your 1/8 each week then your better off with a SOLO no doubt. (1/4oz in my case!)
I use a SOLO every day almost all day long because this baby warms up fast and taste pretty nice.
Harsh hitting Vapes I've own and given away. I don't say which ones they were because people I respect like the Vapes I can't stand.

The BENDER is a different animal all together. You have to stir. However it's so sweet concerning flavor.
It consumes a lot more material than a SOLO. The BENDER is like a BENTLEY (You don't need one however what a ride!) Sorry for the car analogy however I relate to cars.

If your a medical user you need to grow your own medicine.
Then who cares how much you consume?

krs82

I think I'm going to sell my pursei for a solo instead of getting an herb chamber. Solo seems to be doing good things. I rarely get erl anymore I need something for the car. Good idea ?
after using my solo for about a week now, I can officially say.... I'm in love

I don't know anything about the pursei, I've only used an EQ, Volcano, Iolite and now the solo and it's probably the 2nd best (behind the EQ).
I never leave my house without it and so far have had no problems, it will be even better when my travel tubes and caps arrive tomorrow.

I definitely recommend the solo.

Just received my custom made Asian Amboyna Burl wood stem from Ed's ...WOW!!! GORGEOUS!!! Check it out: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eds-tnt-wooden-vapor-tubes-vapor-stems.3342/page-77#post-429694

Scroll through FC page to see the pics!
that's beautiful. It's going on my christmas list :rockon:

Last edited:

GKritz

I agree with what ATAXIAN said a lot.
They both are comparable in flavor and vapor quality.
However they are still very different units!

Honestly if it's one or the other I would lean SOLO.
Reason being it's effortless. You pack it and hit it when it's ready and perfect every time.
The Bender you need to stir around once or twice mid-session to prevent burning on one side.

The solo you can wrap up the stem, put it anywhere, throw the unit in your pocket and be on your (smelly-free) way.
The bender is a lot more delicate.

Solo battery life is very good. You can get 3x as many sessions out of one battery charge on a solo vs. the persei w/ bender. 4x if you don't mind draining the solo's battery dead.

I was concerned about Solo battery life doing it how I do it but it really hasn't been an issue. First thing I do when I come in the house is take off my shoes and plug in my solo. If I only did one or two sessions, it's back up to full very quickly, and then I can be on my way knowing I can get 7 or 8 charges out of it while I'm on the go if i need to.

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Its about effortlessness for me when I'm on the go.

In the hopes I can find concentrates again, I don't really want to sell my persei because it is awesome for just that. But if I don't find or make any, like you said, whats the point.

exit you've been a ton of help. Thanks much to ATAXIAN also for the input. Ill be buying a solo is due time. Where would you recommend I purchase from?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Just got my gong stem and it is very small and cute. I really didn't expect it to be so small so I am happy. FYI as others reported the hes the one I got is looser then all my other stems but it does stay in with the o-ring but takes zero effort to pull it out. Unlucky me got regular doritos again. I now have a full line up of all different size tubing as well which makes me happy.

poonman

after using my solo for about a week now, I can officially say.... I'm in love

I don't know anything about the pursei, I've only used an EQ, Volcano, Iolite and now the solo and it's probably the 2nd best (behind the EQ).
I never leave my house without it and so far have had no problems, it will be even better when my travel tubes and caps arrive tomorrow.

I definitely recommend the solo.

that's beautiful. It's going on my christmas list :rockon:

Welcome to FC krs82 ,
G.L.G.

poonman,
Reactions: krs82

exit

Just got my gong stem and it is very small and cute. I really didn't expect it to be so small so I am happy. FYI as others reported the hes the one I got is looser then all my other stems but it does stay in with the o-ring but takes zero effort to pull it out. Unlucky me got regular doritos again. I now have a full line up of all different size tubing as well which makes me happy.

Same, i was expecting it to be a lot bigger.
Especially because of shipping costs I totally regret not getting more stems from PV!
I think i'm gonna order a PVHES Turbo Shorty?

I know it's crazy coming from me saying I want a Shorty given all the crap I've talked on them before but it might help me control my intake a little bit :lol::lol:

Dreamerr how are you liking the PVHE? I can't remember if you only had stock stems before this or not?

Blurrycam reporting in!!!
XEjSzKll.jpg

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

Dreamerr

That pic don't help me with size lol.
I have a bunch of pvhes stems but didn't have a gong. I haven't used it yet but like that the side I will inhale from is small. I don't use water much but sometimes may want a shorter stem. I like both the hes and stock just fine. I don't like the turbo or the shorties. Shorties to me are a waste of money. As much as I like to spend I hate to waste. If you want less herb just dome a screen. Why pay for a shortie when it can be done for free. Not only that it cooks the herbs better with the dome. I used one for a while but I need more herb and I just run my stems twice.

exit

If you want less herb just dome a screen. Why pay for a shortie when it can be done for free. Not only that it cooks the herbs better with the dome. I used one for a while but I need more herb and I just run my stems twice.

Good call. i was thinking out loud N this is a way better idea.

Maybe a normal chapstick tube is a better thing to measure against?
This is the solo ground GonG, not the PVHE. but i think I might be ordering a PVHE tonight.

It fits really snugly in my Solo btw.

50AtqLml.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks much to ATAXIAN al

so for the input. Ill be buying a solo is due time. Where would you recommend I purchase from?

Their getting cheaper all the time.
I wouldn't even care about the warranty.

ebay is cheap.

Otherwise I like PLANET VAPES for so many accessories.

Regardless of what you pay for it.
I paid $300 two years ago for my first one.
It still works like it did when it was new.
I still got my monies worth!
Both of my SOLO's will be working long after I'm dead!

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Good call. i was thinking out loud N this is a way better idea.

Maybe a normal chapstick tube is a better thing to measure against?
This is the solo ground GonG, not the PVHE. but i think I might be ordering a PVHE tonight.

It fits really snugly in my Solo btw.

50AtqLml.jpg
I don't see why this couldn't also work perfectly as a regular shorty stem:cool:. Double duty, 2 for the price of 1.

Snappo,

Dreamerr

Here is mine with chapstick. I am not sure since I don't know where my burts is if they are the same size lol. This is the he version.
fFI2BQq.jpg

Edit: Poonman is correct shorty is bowl size which was said in a post I made sometime today.

poonman

Here is mine with chapstick. I am not sure since I don't know where my burts is if they are the same size lol. This is the he version.
fFI2BQq.jpg

I've attached an Omi-tip to it and used it dry also .
It's actually not that harsh , especially at the lower temps . ime

poonman,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom