Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
when I was a waiter we used to use diet coke to get caked on soup off the counters lol

I heard regular coca cola works better cause it can even take paint off your car.

My favorite set up is a standard stem (bent or straight) fitted with a CHILLUM tip.
Use a silicone tip from a omnicron or similar.

With direct the thickness of the glass there may be an effect on the heat transfer.
The thickness on the stock stem is more consistent. I was so lucky to find ones I could vaporize with.
It took some time and went through a lot of glass pieces to find the ones I did.

The glass tip using the CHILLUM I like very much.

Water Path is the way I vaporize mostly.
IMG_00531_zpsc1ab82bd.jpg

The CHILLUM's are fun and when I garden I bring it and a SOLO to pass the time correctly!

Ataxian you need to put my name on the pic cause it is mine alllllllllllllllllll mine lol. I was so happy using it last night.

For those who want to know if they would rather have the PVHES and can't find it in stock it has been said many times to get the omni tip. It is just about the same so this way you can try cheap before you buy the more expensive stem. I have a ed's, hes regular, turbo, stock, and omni tip oh and of course the chillum above that ataxian got for me. You can use that instead of the omni to see if you like that flow better. The omni and chillum are close in draw.

THIS post has been edited....
For the issue with the o-rings if you have patience they will loosen to a perfect size. I don't think the notches are necessary unless you NEED IT NOW. It didn't take but a week.

samirfuzzywuzzy

Dreammerr:
I'm not a cloud chaser however THICK MILKY CLOUDS of VAPOR with a SWEET FLAVOR!

My GOD!

Why would anybody keep you from experiencing NIRVANA?

The new O-Ring on a stock GonG?

Is it GOOD!
No SH^T SHERLOCK!
This photo is RAW!
The VAPOR is REAL!

I had a feeling you would say that......o-ring plus good custom pieces plus good material= nirvana

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

samirfuzzywuzzy

Anyone else with results on the lemonade?
Ataxian I know you have a clean piece ready for lemonade this evening....come on man
I find its great but i want to know what others think

samirfuzzywuzzy,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Anyone else with results on the lemonade?
Ataxian I know you have a clean piece ready for lemonade this evening....come on man
I find its great but i want to know what others think
I'm very much on the GOURMET side of life.
Drinking water pipe fluid seems odd to me however for the sake of scientific research I'll see about a few lemons from my neighbors tree.
My evening vaping will be different.
Lets just call it CANNABIS-AID!

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I don't think it's very safe for a robot to be drinking fluids, Ataxian. You might wanna pass.

Please report back if you do though. I'm strangely interested.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't think it's very safe for a robot to be drinking fluids, Ataxian. You might wanna pass.

Please report back if you do though. I'm strangely interested.
8:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
CANNABIS_AID!
Hopefully I don't get a rusty a@@!

Medicating with GOD'S GIFT was a bit over the top .
A water path SOLO set-up is extremely satisfying!
Cheap Set-up!

mod note: Please do not post pictures more than once. Picture removed.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
8:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
CANNABIS_AID!
Hopefully I don't get a rusty a@@!

Medicating with GOD'S GIFT was a bit over the top .
A water path SOLO set-up is extremely satisfying!
Cheap Set-up!
Wish I could order my lettuce from a menu like the lucky folks in free states. Here in Florida, we take pretty much what we can get - "Pot" luck, so to speak. Did get lucky recently though with some nice sticky lemon skunk. Just may have to relocate to receive better medical benefits.:nod:

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

Roger that!

Meghan

I recently bought a Pinnacle WT and a 14mm GonG for my Solo and am really loving it! I find that it encourages me to take much bigger hits, so it does make me cough a bit, but my throat isn't nearly as dry after a session. I love the way it feels in my hands...not nearly as clumsy on top of the Solo as I'd feared.

So yeah...for anyone wondering about the Pinnacle hydrotube, I highly recommend it. :) For about $100, it's a pretty economical and stealthy/easy-to-store way to hit the Solo through water.

Dreamerr

Not sure if these have been posted before but they are intriguing bc PV wants 20+ for one, but the million dollar question, does it fit good??? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/nove...s-accessories-free-shipping-14/958282410.html. Could be a two for less than one kind of deal!

Great find but who knows if it will fit. A chillum and gong all in one woohoo. I was just shopping for a gong on PV just for a shorter stem for those times when you need one. Also if I happen to want to use water it is easier although I have my ways to do it. Did you email them to ask if it fits the solo? I am willing to be quality control will be an issue as well.

EDIT: That is for two of them btw.

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
Looks a bit thin. The base of a Solo stem is thicker than the large end of a 14mm joint.

Han Solo,
Reactions: ataxian

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I heard regular coca cola works better cause it can even take paint off your car.
There was a mythbusters episode where they tested that, and I'm pretty sure the paint was fine (it cleaned chrome well though :lol:)

For those who want to know if they would rather have the PVHES and can't find it in stock it has been said many times to get the omni tip. It is just about the same so this way you can try cheap before you buy the more expensive stem. I have a ed's, hes regular, turbo, stock, and omni tip oh and of course the chillum above that ataxian got for me. You can use that instead of the omni to see if you like that flow better. The omni and chillum are close in draw.
I've seen this mentioned a few times, and I can't say my experiences have matched up :|
For me, the only difference the Omi tip made was a more comfortable mouthpiece...

I'm using a M102 Ceramic solo, so I don't think it has the factory retaining ring thingy (that came out around the M107s or so?:shrug:), and I don't use an o-ring (I like a slightly loose stem :)).

For direct draw, I pretty much hit the solo like it's a joint; draw gently (with my mouth, not lungs) until my mouth is full of vapor, inhale a little bit of fresh air with the vapor to get it into my lungs, and repeat that between 1 - 8 times before exhaling the whole hit (Is that the "sipping" technique some peeps have mentioned?).

I seem to have more power in my mouth (or my mouth is less sensitive to negative pressure?) than my lungs, so that technique is far more comfortable for direct draw for me. It also seems to mean that I don't really notice any difference in restriction between any of my stem setups.

When going through water though, I draw with my lungs, and definitely notice a difference.
For water use, I'd say an omi tipped stem and a regular stem have the same draw, my home modded HES (No side notches, just notches on the lip of the stem) is a bit better than that, and my PVHES is the best.

:shrug::peace:

Dreamerr

Thanks for that Frederick. I felt that omni was just a good gage but not as good as the pvhes. I was just trying to give some people an idea so they don't waste money. You seem to feel they are the same. I am going to test this out but not in the next few days. I will set up three stems, omni on stock, omni on pvhes, then the pvhes as is and stock as is. If I can still think I will hopefully have an answer as it works for me cause as we all know we are all different. I like all the stems except the turbos. I do feel the omni and chillum cool the air really fast so no heat in your throat at least for me.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah, I still think the omi tip improves the experience a bit, I've never felt the solo gave off hot vapor (possibly due to my inhaling technique), but the omi tip does seem to make the vapor a little bit smoother.

Another thought:
I've found that the solo only feels particularly restricted if you're pulling quite hard, fighting the draw resistance.
If you draw at what I've called a neutral rate (basically, not super slow, but not so hard that you're fighting the vape), it doesn't feel very restricted.
Maybe the omi tip regulates draw a bit and forces you to draw closer to the neutral rate?
So while flow isn't improved per se, the experience is one of less restriction?

Just an idea :)
Edit:
Or if someone could explain to me the science behind the thought of a restriction actually improving flow, I'd be very interested :brow:

zeko113

Cool. Gives me a chance to think this through a bit as well. Please be sure you have an appropriate screwdriver handy then if we 'go that way'.
Thanks.
OF

finally got a hold on a meter (ended up buying it online after a lot of complications).
so what is the next step? :D

zeko113,

OF

finally got a hold on a meter (ended up buying it online after a lot of complications).
so what is the next step? :D

OK, cool. Obvious first step, check the charger with no load. Plug the charger in, put the leads in the common and Voltage jacks, set the meter to 20 VDC and measure the voltage on the connector of the charger. You're looking for about 12 VDC, what do you get?

TIA

OF

OF,

zeko113

OK, cool. Obvious first step, check the charger with no load. Plug the charger in, put the leads in the common and Voltage jacks, set the meter to 20 VDC and measure the voltage on the connector of the charger. You're looking for about 12 VDC, what do you get?
TIA
OF

I'm getting 12.30V

zeko113,

OF

I'm getting 12.30V

Thanks. Probably OK. So much for the easy one....

Now for the fun part. Take the top off the Solo (unscrew the metal cover). Turn it over and take out the 4 small screws on the base. Be careful to support the metal of the case with your other hand and not press down too hard as you can break the plastic base corners out (where the screws go through it) easily. Then slide the metal cover off the Solo body (which includes the bottom and front panel).

On the back of the body (behind the keyboard/front panel) is the battery under it's cover. Carefully unlatch the cover (be careful putting it back on, it only goes on one way), swing the battery out and unplug it. If you look at the connector attached to the battery you'll find two little square holes near the end on one side? They are where the little latches are on the pins. Use the probe tips on the meter through those two little holes, what do you measure for the voltage there, please?

OF

OF,

OF

I'm getting 7.1V

OK, zeroing in on it. Now for the really fun part. Plug it back together then try to turn it on we need to get the battery voltage 'under load'. If you hold the connector and look in the end you can see the end of the pin (the metal crimped on the wire) a bit inside? Carefully probe between the pins as the Solo is trying to work using your three hands to hold the connector and each probe. I usually hold the probes in one hand like chopsticks, but you might have better luck holding the connector and one probe in contact with one hand while you stab the other. We need the 'loaded' voltage reading.

Then, with your fourth hand, plug the charger in and repeat the same reading as it's trying to charge the battery.

Hopefully you're using the 20 Volt range so you can read hundredths of a Volt (as in 7.14 rather than 7.1), the clue should be bigger than .1 Volt here, but if you don't find it, be ready to check again on the 20 Volt range.

Hang in there, we're getting close.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom