Arizer Solo

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi

I was a heavy combustion user for 5years always rolling fattys with tobacco

I have my first vape the solo for a week or so, hitting it dry with original stem no screen, mostly on temp 5 and i end on 6, i fill the bowl like 3/4

The first days i used the solo on 5 it was irrititating my lungs were peeping really bad it was like i had asthma

Now the last days i used it, it's gone no more peeping, but the high/effect is not the same anymore it's like i need more every time

Give it a bit more time, the lung irriation/coughing might be the bronchiodilation and expectorant properties of THC (the first meaning it expands the airways and the second means it makes you cough.) You mentioned smoking tobacco as well, that might be the reason you're coughing/feeling different, your body's trying to clear out the tar that's been trapped in there. You might also be missing the nicotine kick you were getting from smoking spliffs. It took me about two weeks to go from smoking weed and tobacco (separately) to acclimating myself to the high of vaping. It's different for sure, much cleaner in my experience, but I went from smoking a gram a day to a quarter lasting me a month. The high is a bit more subtle, too, not so much "in your face you just went from sober to baked" but more like a gradual lift, and then when I overdo it I know I over did it.

I mean it can only be coming out of those little holes. The question is if the material thats stuck there is getting burned by the heating element. But its interesting the newer models have smaller holes.

I'm not sure, someone else will have to answer that. I don't own a Solo but have used one before (a friend owns one.)

Hydro-only

Hi

I was a heavy combustion user for 5years always rolling fattys with tobacco

I have my first vape the solo for a week or so, hitting it dry with original stem no screen, mostly on temp 5 and i end on 6, i fill the bowl like 3/4

The first days i used the solo on 5 it was irrititating my lungs were peeping really bad it was like i had asthma

Now the last days i used it, it's gone no more peeping, but the high/effect is not the same anymore it's like i need more every time

I still cough after big pulls from the straight stem because it drys my throat and irritates it. Using a water pipe should work to add moisture and cool the vapor. I learned from this forum that putting a small piece of silicon tubing around the end of the mouth piece allows it to fit a 14mm downstem perfectly. As for the effects, I feel more of the head highs and it does feel more "clean" to me.

Hydro-only,

Bouldorado

I guess you misunderstood what I was saying. I would pull from the crucible with my mouth, no stem attatched. The crucible would look clean and have no plantmaterial inside it. But when I would pull little pieces of plant material would go into my mouth. Try it out on yours, you will see lol.
Also, I called puffitup to ask exactly what the PA does and they didnt know forsure. I know that it lets your solo be powered by AC power but does it it charge the battery and pull from the battery at the same time? Or Does it charge the battery and then the heating element is directly powered from the AC charger? or does it just power the heating element from AC power? I know that its converted to DC im just trying to make it easier to understand my question.

The PA only allows the Solo to heat up, it does not charge the battery.

For your first question, I believe what you call the crucible is what others refer to as the "heating chamber". That said, why are you sucking on the solo with no stem attached? It's normal for weed particles to fall into the heating chamber. Use the solo correctly, with a loaded stem, and you shouldn't have an issue with plant matter pulling through.

Bouldorado,

420HazeCandykushkush

Give it a bit more time, the lung irriation/coughing might be the bronchiodilation and expectorant properties of THC (the first meaning it expands the airways and the second means it makes you cough.) You mentioned smoking tobacco as well, that might be the reason you're coughing/feeling different, your body's trying to clear out the tar that's been trapped in there. You might also be missing the nicotine kick you were getting from smoking spliffs. It took me about two weeks to go from smoking weed and tobacco (separately) to acclimating myself to the high of vaping. It's different for sure, much cleaner in my experience, but I went from smoking a gram a day to a quarter lasting me a month. The high is a bit more subtle, too, not so much "in your face you just went from sober to baked" but more like a gradual lift, and then when I overdo it I know I over did it.

Yeah, i only smoked spliffs with tobacco in it no cigarettes, but i'm using more now :D

420HazeCandykushkush,

Hydro-only

The PA only allows the Solo to heat up, it does not charge the battery.

For your first question, I believe what you call the crucible is what others refer to as the "heating chamber". That said, why are you sucking on the solo with no stem attached? It's normal for weed particles to fall into the heating chamber. Use the solo correctly, with a loaded stem, and you shouldn't have an issue with plant matter pulling through.

The first time I used the solo after I was done I took the stem out and made sure no visible particles were left in the heating chamber then I decided to pull from it to see if anything fell down into the holes. And guess what? The first try I got particles in my mouth. The reason this bothers me is because that plant material can combust if its by the heating element which I do Not want to happen.

Hydro-only,

Bouldorado

The first time I used the solo after I was done I took the stem out and made sure no visible particles were left in the heating chamber then I decided to pull from it to see if anything fell down into the holes. And guess what? The first try I got particles in my mouth. The reason this bothers me is because that plant material can combust if its by the heating element which I do Not want to happen.

Ok I know what you mean. You could try putting a fine screen or two in the chamber. However, this is not an end-all since the screen only stops particles bigger than its hole size. Another option is to put a screen in the stem after you load it, a cap of sorts. This should be effective, although it creates more work.

I've had my solo 6 months or so and haven't had any issue with combustion while vaping. I do notice occasional smoke during the heat-up period, but it's burned off by the time the solo is warmed.

Bouldorado,

Hydro-only

Ok I know what you mean. You could try putting a fine screen or two in the chamber. However, this is not an end-all since the screen only stops particles bigger than its hole size. Another option is to put a screen in the stem after you load it, a cap of sorts. This should be effective, although it creates more work.

I've had my solo 6 months or so and haven't had any issue with combustion while vaping. I do notice occasional smoke during the heat-up period, but it's burned off by the time the solo is warmed.

I didn't think about putting a screen down in there :tup: I may try that out. I havn't noticed any smoke off my unit during heat up.

Hydro-only,

exit

What's the difference between the PVHES normal and shorty stems? Was gonna buy a bent turbo but its out of stock. They do have the shorty bent turbo though...

exit,

clouded vision

shorty is a 30% smaller bowl, if you are getting a turbo and have a domed screen in your stock stem it should be roughly the same size bowl because you just use a flat screen in the turbo

clouded vision,

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
So is there a cheap way to have a pa for the solo ?

OF suggested something a few pages back. I've made the purchase, and it's working fantastically. However, it didn't come with a AC input cable from the outlet to the transformer. It uses the same sort of power cord as a PC or monitor, though, so I used one I had lying around. I've emailed them to see if that was a shipping error, because the overview says it has a 6 foot AC input cord. Then again, it also says it has a 6 foot DC output cord, and it's more around 3 feet.

Main point is, it works, and it's cheaper than the official PA.

Gentle Friends,

The other day I mentioned I was messing around with finding power supplies, both replacement for the charger and for Power Adapter use.

While the first is pretty easy, the second use is a bit of a problem voltage wise. As I've said before the "9 Volts" on the unit is deceptive. The Solo PA is actually 8.5 Volts. Get a small bit over 9.0 and the 'light show' of flashing lights happens instead of either charging or PA use. I've now tried 3 different 9 Volt supplies, but since each was a tenth or two of a Volt high (no doubt to compensate for 'sag' under load) each faults the Solo out for being too high a voltage. The best match to the need I can find to suggest is this one, a 7.5 Volt unit that seems to work just fine:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...0001&productId=206529&catalogId=10001&CID=PDF

To match with the 'funny little connector' on the Solo you'll also need one of these guys:
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=2113703&storeId=10001&krypto=vFgRhKXJZKuM8sLfuPRmxv3tw+Np1UpMVks4N7ZnwCUxYpbmHmDQ4w==&ddkey=https:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

Together they're twenty bucks, half the regular price?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Hydro-only, welcome to the forum. I think what you are trying to say is stuff falls into the ss bowl. Sucking it out in my opinion works great. I think there is a better way to do it however. After the solo is cooled use either a real straw, not suggested, or a piece of 1/4 inch silicon which fits inside the bowl and vacuum it up. I also suggest to unscrew the top occasionally and shake the bits and pieces out.

Dreamerr,

OF

OF suggested something a few pages back. I've made the purchase, and it's working fantastically. However, it didn't come with a AC input cable from the outlet to the transformer. It uses the same sort of power cord as a PC or monitor, though, so I used one I had lying around. I've emailed them to see if that was a shipping error, because the overview says it has a 6 foot AC input cord.

Welcome to the fun, glad you're already enjoying your Solo in PA mode. Thanks for the feedback.

I hope it's an oversight, I'm almost positive mine came with a cord (although I too have a pile of them collected over the years, they tend to stay when the computer goes to computer heaven....). Then again, I couldn't find mine when I went looking for it, all I could find was the 9 Volt version, which doesn't work.

Several other guys bought these too, did yours come with the cord?

TIA

OF

OF,

kingtut106

I have had a solo for awhile now and have used it with a few bubblers that were my friends. I was looking into getting a bub of my own for it, I saw on the thread a lot of people have the black leaf bub mostly because of the price. What type of diffusion do you think is best and are multiple stacks of percs better or worse with the vape.

kingtut106,

exit

shorty is a 30% smaller bowl, if you are getting a turbo and have a domed screen in your stock stem it should be roughly the same size bowl because you just use a flat screen in the turbo

Thanks, I want biggest bowl possible so I'll wait for the bent turbo to come back... hopefully AW IMR 18650s are back in stock then

exit,
Reactions: OF

Bouldorado

I have had a solo for awhile now and have used it with a few bubblers that were my friends. I was looking into getting a bub of my own for it, I saw on the thread a lot of people have the black leaf bub mostly because of the price. What type of diffusion do you think is best and are multiple stacks of percs better or worse with the vape.

A double perc piece isn't really necessary, though it does add some smoothness. I like circs/showerheads since they provide good diffusion and are pretty durable.

poonman

Hey Hydro ,
First off welcome ,
Can you post pics of the 2 Solos with the holes up close ?
I had to try your test b/c I don't want herbs falling thru the holes either .
Not for fear of Combusting , but for compromising my taste after a while in there .
I don't think the Solo can combust , a proper working one anyways . imo

I tried your suction test with the screw cap on , and got a bit of particulates .
Then I tried it without the screw cap on , putting my lips over the oven chamber directly .
I got nothing , meaning , I think you inhaled the herbs from around the oven .

Next time you try ,
Do it without the Screw cap off , only the oven chamber first . See what happens .
Then with the Screw cap back on .

Let us know .

OF suggested something a few pages back. I've made the purchase, and it's working fantastically. However, it didn't come with a AC input cable from the outlet to the transformer. It uses the same sort of power cord as a PC or monitor, though, so I used one I had lying around. I've emailed them to see if that was a shipping error, because the overview says it has a 6 foot AC input cord. Then again, it also says it has a 6 foot DC output cord, and it's more around 3 feet.

Main point is, it works, and it's cheaper than the official PA.

Welcome Han Solo ,
I got to admit , I love your username on FC .....I wished I thought of it .:tup:

al bundy

Vaporist
OF mine didn't come with the cord either.
I also used an old Pc one.
Works great.and the dental floss idea for the stem works greatt.

al bundy,
Reactions: OF

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Personally, I'm very partial to the Dave Goldstein Micro or Mini Fritted Disc Percs. The diffusion is amazing without the feel of draw. The flavor somehow does get through, though a bit less...but with the Solo you get a fuller rip and faster higher high. I find it to be the PERFECT combo. Yes, the DG is premium priced, but in these pieces the price is JUSTIFIED! Heavy guage glass with 22nd century design and effectiveness!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Those are batteries for the Persei pen vapes from Delta9 products .
PV sells them also .

Welcome Soul_Ace
and Snappo .

So many new Solo owners .:rockon:
Yea!!!!! :rockon:Always experimenting, always getting better! :tup:

Snappo,
Reactions: poonman

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
Welcome to the fun, glad you're already enjoying your Solo in PA mode. Thanks for the feedback.

I hope it's an oversight, I'm almost positive mine came with a cord (although I too have a pile of them collected over the years, they tend to stay when the computer goes to computer heaven....). Then again, I couldn't find mine when I went looking for it, all I could find was the 9 Volt version, which doesn't work.

Several other guys bought these too, did yours come with the cord?

TIA

OF
I got an email back. Apparently they used to come with 6 foot AC input cords and they used to have 6 foot DC output cords, but now they have 4 foot DC out cords and no AC input cords, so you'll have to buy them separately. This has to do with their supplier, apparently. The documentation was just never updated. The documentation should be fixed soon.

Oh well.

Top Bottom