Arizer Solo

OF

Which would be basically what I do swap one plug to the other. You do have to wait that fraction of time or you do get the light show so you suspect correctly from my no knowledge:).

Yeah, funny thing is it doesn't repeat for me every time. I'll do it several times in a row and get different answers so I gave up on the 'switch under load' idea. I notice unplugging the PA sometimes takes a few seconds to shut down, obviously the battery is still there to run the processor which is still flashing the heat light like it knows what it's doing but I bet it's not actually pulling heating power from the battery.

One of these fine days I really want to crack it open again and put a meter on the battery and cycle it some and see if I can figure out what it's doing.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you have a switch that has three positions why can't it be turned off in between the functions and if an ass does it to fast well light show it is:lol: .

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Kief

OF

If you have a switch that has three positions why can't it be turned off in between the functions and if an ass does it to fast well light show it is:lol: .

Actually that didn't work either. At last not every time. It can take several seconds to 'reset'. Try it on yours. In PA mode, pull the cord and see what happens. Do it a few times. It's not always the same. My guess is it gets in trouble when it hasn't shut down fully from PA mode and shifts into charging awkwardly?

I want to play with it some more eventually, but for now I'm finding putting the regulator into or out of the circuit as needed works just fine.

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Heck no I am not doing that on purpose. I do not have the skills to fix squat so I will wait in between. I learned my lesson the one or two times it happened. That is why I keep you around :tup:.

OF

Heck no I am not doing that on purpose. I do not have the skills to fix squat so I will wait in between. I learned my lesson the one or two times it happened. That is why I keep you around :tup:.

OK, I get it, my function is to do the unexpected dumb and risky stuff......I can live with that.

It's nice to have a purpose in life, so few do these days past "enlightened self interest"......

Thanks for setting the record straight.

OF

exit

It was asked a while ago but not answered (at least not within the next 10~ pages)...

Would any of you be so kind as to measure the power adapter plug size for the Solo?

I would do it myself but I don't have any sort of ruler :lol: i should order one on amazon now probably...

BTW anyone using Vapir NO2 screens in a solo? I'm curious just because I have several boxes of NO2 screens but no other kind of screen :mental:

exit,
Reactions: poonman

OF

Would any of you be so kind as to measure the power adapter plug size for the Solo?

.153 inches. The usual designation is, however, '1.7mm Male' since they're rated by pin diameter not body size....which of course you can't measure.

EIAJ-02 I believe?

OF

H1GH

Hey everyone, been lurking these forums doing research for a while, and finally joined. So, I'm gonna get a solo as soon as PV has them back in stock. Just one question... Call me cheap but I can't justify spending $50 between a PVHES and a PVHEGonG. Can the GonG stem be used as a regular stem for dry vaping or is it too short (might get too hot)? Maybe I'd be better off just getting a PVHES and some tubing for water tools instead? What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

H1GH,

al bundy

Vaporist
It was asked a while ago but not answered (at least not within the next 10~ pages)...

I would do it myself but I don't have any sort of ruler :lol: i should order one on amazon now probably...

BTW anyone using Vapir NO2 screens in a solo? I'm curious just because I have several boxes of NO2 screens but no other kind of screen :mental:

I've used No2 screens in the solo stem its like loading a half stem.
I've used them both ways inserted like a thimble and inserted like a top hat.
Now I just use them pushed in the stem where you hit it,sort if a filter Catches a lot of stuff that I would have inhaled.
Now I use the ultra fine screens from PV.

Also use the screen in the pong for the Pinnacle the same way as the solo

clouded vision

Hey everyone, been lurking these forums doing research for a while, and finally joined. So, I'm gonna get a solo as soon as PV has them back in stock. Just one question... Call me cheap but I can't justify spending $50 between a PVHES and a PVHEGonG. Can the GonG stem be used as a regular stem for dry vaping or is it too short (might get too hot)? Maybe I'd be better off just getting a PVHES and some tubing for water tools instead? What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
I think you should try the stock stem before deciding you need a PVHES, and yes you can use the gong to hit it dry but I wouldn't go past 5 but I also won't go past 5 dry with a stock stem either

H1GH

I think you should try the stock stem before deciding you need a PVHES, and yes you can use the gong to hit it dry but I wouldn't go past 5 but I also won't go past 5 dry with a stock stem either

I was thinking that, but there seems to be so much love for the PVHES throughout the thread. Was hoping to save on shipping costs and buy it all at once. You're right though, I should probably not be a cheap-ass and hold off :D.

H1GH,

SirDarkened

Can anyone answer the question I had earlier?

Should you dry run using battery or is it okay to dry run using the power adapter?

SirDarkened,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine

Thanks in advance.

I just use a piece of tubing to connect my gong to an Extreme Q balloon mouthpiece:

solo3.jpg

I hold the gong in place with a couple of small "O" rings. This way I can switch from the water tool to the stem easily. By the way, the almost useless oil diffuser that comes with the solo can be converted to a gong if you have a local glass blower in your area. I'm sure the notches could be added to make the air flow better, if that is impotant to you. I was charged $20.00 which was fine: fast service and no shipping, plus keeps your money in your local economy. Works great, I use this setup more than any of the others.

Dr. Soxhlet,

Vapodudule

If you order from PV, you can take their silicone tubing and with pieces of 2 cm you make a glass joints for the end of every simple tubed stem. either 14 mm (one piece of tubing) or 18 mm (2 close diameter). You can hit directly too!

for example regular stems (bent or straight) are greats with a screen or two in the heat chamber: big clouds. regular stems are cheap!

Vapodudule,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

.153 inches. The usual designation is, however, '1.7mm Male' since they're rated by pin diameter not body size....which of course you can't measure.

EIAJ-02 I believe?

OF

Ok OF this is why I am the watcher not the doer. I had no idea what he was asking and am still not sure.
I did get a good laugh that a man doesn't have a ruler or measuring tape. I am still perplexed.

Edit: HIGH and to every else doesn't have the bucks for a PVHES stem. Use those tips we have been talking about in the last few pages. I put the stock bent stem in last night and there is no restriction. You are able to take bigger hits, I was able to leave my solo in 3 whereas with the PVHES I had to go to 4, and the vape is coooooooooool. It almost feels like cold from the fridge. I highly recommend them.

Ok to all my peeps. I tried the tips with the PVHES, bent stock and PN and I must say as much as I am confused about the science the airflow is much improved but you need a new technique to get what you need. I got the technique down quickly but it does take longer to get that first visible vapor hit if not properly warmed up. I guess it would be more like a t1 or cera type deal with the test puff. The taste stays better way longer and doesn't get as bad as normal.

The only negatives is the feel of rubber in your mouth. The other issue is it take effort to put it on and you are putting a lot of pressure on the glass to do so. I was worried about cracking the glass or believe it or not the plastic pong since that was a bit harder to get it on.

Overall the cheapest fix to the airflow issue if you think it is an issue.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I always use my GonG stem for dry vaping.
NOT too hot.
(I use the Solo from 4-6 with the GonG shorty. It is not uncomfortable in the least)

Soul_Ace

I just purchased my very first portable vape and well as you read it was the Solo... I ordered the travel caps, variety pack of screens, PVHES bent stem (straight is still sold out) as well as the PHVES GonG (I will only be using to get hits with....I have no bongs or other vapes to connect)

I'm just wondering if i'm missing anything or did I pretty much nail it?......

What are your must have accessories for your Arizer Solo ?

mod note: Merged with Solo thread.

Soul_Ace,

bluerap00

I just hit my PVHES Gong stem dry on level four. Tasty and warm, but started to get a bit uncomfortably hot towards 10 seconds. I figure this feels warmer only slightly faster than my normal PVHEStem. If I only had my Gong stem (and no water path), I think 5-7 second hits would be the way to go for irritation-free solo sessions. Miles may vary, of course.

Besides that, it's been water-path since I got my Chinese mini bubbler. Irritation-free sessions every time, no matter the length or heater level. The moist smooth hits are deceptively potent, though I do believe there is an alteration at least, decline at worst, in flavor.

Aaaand I'm vaked.

lauz

Apprentice vaporist
I'm going to get the power adapter next for mine. What makes the PHVES tubes so much better than regular ones?

lauz,

exit

found a few power adapters for old LCDs that run at 9V 3A. the plugs don't fit but i soldered on some new plugs and they work nice :science:

Ok OF this is why I am the watcher not the doer. I had no idea what he was asking and am still not sure.
I did get a good laugh that a man doesn't have a ruler or measuring tape. I am still perplexed.

well you know... just moved, need to re-buy/acquire most of the "small things",don't have anything that measures accurate enough to the millimeter (or smaller), centimeters at best....

and don't be calling me no man either! :cuss::lol:

exit,

bigtvapes

So I got mine in the mail today.

My first impression was like, "Wow this is smaller than I thought!" I couldn't believe how small them stem load is for materials. If I'm being honest I'm like, "well I don't know if this is gonna do the trick for me. Oh well just have to reload a few times no big deal."

I impatiently waited for it to fully charge and finally gave it a try.

All I heard about this thing is "You won't believe the clouds this little guy makes!" Well, honestly, the clouds weren't that huge for me. I put it up to 4 for my first attempt and took several hits. Drawing on it seems like it'll take some time to get my rhythm down. I wasn't pulling massive hits from my DBV either my first few times but once I did... I loved it :-)

So anyway, like I said the cloud size wasn't massive but they were there. I should note the clouds blew away anything I could get from my old Puffit. While i'm no expert at vaping I'm not a total newb either. so I took quite a few hits (maybe like 6-8 solid hits) and put it down. Gave it a minute. Yep... it works! It works WELL! Glad I didn't go for a reload lol. The ABV is even and golden toasted. I mean I literally could not be more happy with this little guy.

The only other portable I've had is the afformentioned Puffit and it was a struggle with that thing to get the hits. Took me a long time and a lot of experimentation to get satisfying hits with that thing. This one... that was not the problem :-) Can I get I get better hits? Sure. But for a portable right out of the box I have to say my overall first impression day 1 is extremely high. Great product at a great price.

Question for you guys. When I load the device I turn it upside down, insert the stem, put it back upright. Now... should I do this only AFTER I get it to the desired temp setting or should I let the materials heat with the device?

clouded vision

All I heard about this thing is "You won't believe the clouds this little guy makes!" Well, honestly, the clouds weren't that huge for me. I put it up to 4 for my first attempt and took several hits. Drawing on it seems like it'll take some time to get my rhythm down. I wasn't pulling massive hits from my DBV either my first few times but once I did... I loved it :-)

So anyway, like I said the cloud size wasn't massive but they were there. I should note the clouds blew away anything I could get from my old Puffit. While i'm no expert at vaping I'm not a total newb either. so I took quite a few hits (maybe like 6-8 solid hits) and put it down. Gave it a minute. Yep... it works! It works WELL! Glad I didn't go for a reload lol. The ABV is even and golden toasted. I mean I literally could not be more happy with this little guy.

The only other portable I've had is the afformentioned Puffit and it was a struggle with that thing to get the hits. Took me a long time and a lot of experimentation to get satisfying hits with that thing. This one... that was not the problem :-) Can I get I get better hits? Sure. But for a portable right out of the box I have to say my overall first impression day 1 is extremely high. Great product at a great price.

Question for you guys. When I load the device I turn it upside down, insert the stem, put it back upright. Now... should I do this only AFTER I get it to the desired temp setting or should I let the materials heat with the device?

Glad you are enjoying it. I love mine. If you are comparing it to the DBV the clouds just aren't going to be as big, I know my LSV produces thicker clouds but the solo is just effortless to me, I pack the stem tight, turn it on & put it in the crucible while it warms up then just go to town until it is done, no stirring no concentrating on my draw speed, just easy clouds. As soon as you get the draw it becomes so easy, don't suck at all just pull slow enough that it matches the natural restriction of the unit. If you haven't done it already you should try a domed screen, it will slightly improve airflow & that will help cook it even more evenly (boy that felt weird to type), it will also prevent the 4 little holes from clogging up.
t3tqqiz.jpg

clouded vision,
Reactions: jds32

al bundy

Vaporist
I was looking/cleaning inside my Solo. in the first( #J2) and second photo(the red pointer)
is where the power supply goes to recharge the Solo

PTt2KJm.jpg

YiONyM8.jpg

Why cant they flip the power port and have us charge from here.
9zQ1dNp.jpg

I wouldnt care if the power port was on the front at least then when im using OF's Jameco power adapter(Which works really great so far)
I could leave it standing straight up!!

Top Bottom