• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

OhTheAgony said:
Hey Kaptan, I just noticed you have both, how does the MFLB compare to the Solo in bowl-size & cloud-density? Do you use the BW inline with both of them or do you keep that one for the EQ?
I have both as well and the MFLB has a bigger herb area, but the solo gets bigger hits. Well you can get big hits with the box just takes a little more to do so.

VapeNStone,
Clouds are larger on the Solo, there is little to no learning curve as opposed to a very considerable one on the MFLB, the Solo is better for waterpipe usage as well in my opinion. The MFLB is smaller, has a lifetime warranty, is far more physically robust, does not suffer from a internal battery which cannot be swapped for a fresh one, and can be fired up in 2 seconds, hit, then immediately cools down as to minimize waste.

The MFLB doesn't have a case of the Organic-Ceramics.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for summing that up guys. I seem to have an itch to buy another vape but I can't decide which one. This will probably make it a little easier.

OhTheAgony,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Got my Solo 5 days ago and just noticed a chip in the ceramic already, a little dissapointed with this as i love this vape. Sent an email to Arizer now will have to wait and see what happens. Just on a side note the stem fits very tight on my solo.

Lefthook,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ay, sounds like you got a bad one. I know they'll make it right but it still sucks, especially since it was a birthday present.

Also adding a side note: I used a way to tight stem (I could only use it when I screwed the top cover off and the fit was so tight I often felt it would break upon insertion) for almost two weeks as well btw. Mine still doesn't chip.

edit: my cheap PS2 adapter just came in from the Orint, I didn't even expect it for another week. The plug is about a mm to thick with it's 5mm's but the polarity is the same as on the Solo charger. I'll have a look around locally to see if I can find something cheap that fits soon.

OhTheAgony,
I just got my Arizer solo yesterday, man this thing hit great. I hope mine doesn't chip cause so far I am super happy about mine.

tylershouse,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like your Solo. Sounds like you have read back a bit on the chipping/peeling issue. Develop you technique and you will love it even more.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

GoGlass

Hello to all,

just a few words to repeat again how the Solo is incredible for vaping pollen.

I am not talking about "Hash" Pollen, but the real pollen when you shake your herb, or when you grind it with an electric grinder grind (it's inside on the sides, or in the cap), yes this brown/green/yellow powder.

Ok if you have enough of this magic powder to fill the solo's stem, pack it but just a little, go and set it at level 3 or 4.

And now the magic begins : A-M-A-Z-I-N-G T-H-I-C-K S-T-R-O-N-G-S C-L-O-U-D-S !!!!!!!

So tasty, so thick (particulary at level 4), so bigs clouds !!!! Incredible have you tested this guys & girls ?

All of my friends are litteraly going crazy !!!!

Now the 2nd magic : with one stem, you have an incredible amount of clouds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont'know precisely how much but easiliy 5 X more than with a stem with herb.
Simple : i need just a little less of 3 cycles for ending the stem !!!!!!!!!!!

And the effects.................Imagine you take one stem with herb but .... x 4 !!!
Just give it a try, but.....not really good if you have to work seriously.....

On the other side, i have never try to vape hash with my solo.

So is there someone who is using it's Solo for vaping Hash, i mean regulary ?

PS : Have you see the new portable vape of vaporfection ?
[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/Sanstitre-2-1.jpg[/img]

i dont see infos here at FC. Looks sweet but seems gaz powered on the photo.....

GoGlass,

Egzoset

Banned
It seems people have started to complain about various materials getting cracked so i went through the whole thread looking for visual clues about how exactly the mechanical junction works between an Arizer Solo and its glass piece, hoping to understand what's this all about. There are posts from five different members with some pictures showing the vaporization chamber but i still didn't find what i was looking for. Searching around i finally got something else which i had been waiting for a while, though:

In my opinion these five "unpopulated" pads are reserved for installation of a factory maintenance connector, possibly the JTAG type (or maybe USB?), in case Arizer would need to make last minute changes in their FirmWare! So... Please, allow me to add my own items to DeepFried's wanted features list (about an eventual yet-to-come Arizer Solo v2.0), e.g. mainly:

• AC-Only (battery-less) trimed-down package option[/*]
  • User-customizable temperature setting(s) on LED "1"[/*]
  • Optional unbreakable Teflon replacement wand[/*]

I'm all for alternatives, options, etc. That's why a black stainless steel bowl, a 3100 mAh battery pack, a silicone ring (on top) and an ergonomic textured finish all sound nice to me. I don't own an Arizer Solo vaporizer so i won't comment DeepFried's suggestions about concave Up/Down buttons, aroma tubes and an eventual smell issue but i'll bet he's got a few good points there too.

Anyway, since the power connector appears to fit nicely between the circuit board and the battery pack, i think this 5 pins access port which i've mentioned above should join the power input under the device's base-side to become externally available as well - perhaps under the form of a $pecial-edition feature, whatever...

:2c:

Egzoset,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I like the idea of an unbreakable wand besides the glass one and a user customizable temperature setting, but I really enjoy my wireless vape so don't take out the batteries please. I also vote against a rubbery texture, it feels good as it is ( :brow: )

I'm also not fond of silicone rings close to the heat source and the air path, + I think that would probably seal off the air path as it is completely..

What would you do with that external connector? I doubt we would get down-loadable firmware updates.

Most important changes I would like to see for an upcoming model is to be able to turn off and program the 12 minute timer ourself, switchable battery packs, sturdy yet compact carrying case, and possible (I haven't actually had the need to yet) to be able to use and charge the unit at the same time with the power connector moved to the lower backside so it can still stand upward when charging.

It's nice to dream isn't it :)

OhTheAgony,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
All I wish for the solo is.....
- Longer lasting batteries.
- Unbreakable wands for out and about
- Some more options for wands, such as straight wands, and glass on glass ends....
- Include the do it all transformer in the package
- Some form of carry case included
- Options to change the cycle time
- wands that clip in somehow

But all this aside it's a great vaporizer

psyshaman,

vape4life

Banned for life
so are these "inserts" arizer was talking about for real? seems like there will only be a switch to bowls minus the ceramic paint?

vape4life,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Just got an email back from Kevin at Arizer offering the stainless steel bowl replacement when its out or a new solo with the stainless steel bowl. Now that is what i call good customer service.

:)

Lefthook,

Vaped Ape

Apparently an individual customer can retrofit his own bowl? I made a post sometime back posing the question about would it require soldering or is this a plug in stainless chamber. I have not had a Solo apart.
Anyone that has had one apart care to respond.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

al bundy

Vaporist
Lefthook said:
Just got an email back from Kevin at Arizer offering the stainless steel bowl replacement when its out or a new solo with the stainless steel bowl. Now that is what i call good customer service.

That don't make any sense either way you get a stainless bowl?
There's new ones with ss. bowl out ?

al bundy,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Here is the exact email.

Hello Ash,

Thank you for your email. We had a problem in one of the production runs where the ceramic didn't adhere properly to a small number of bowls. The flaking is the ceramic coating; it's organic and non toxic. Its a cosmetic issue and doesnt affect the performance of the product, and of course no flakes will travel through the herbs, then through the micro holes and into the mouthpiece. But, it still should not be flaking off.

We have a solution which is a stainless steel insert that lines the bottom of the bowl. As soon as theyre ready wed be happy to send you the insert, also, in future production runs we are going to switch production over to a 100% stainless bowl. In the meantime use your Solo, but I'll be happy to send you the stainless steel inserts or a new Solo with a stainless steel bowl when they're ready.

Please let me know if you are okay with receiving an insert or if you would prefer a new unit when they are available.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech

service@arizer.com

Just one question how will this insert effect the heating of the herbs?????

Lefthook,

Vaped Ape

Lefthook said:

OK, when you talk of a stainless steel bowl replacement you are actually talking about the stainless insert and not an entire stainless chamber that can be retrofitted by customer.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
GoGlass said:
Hello to all,

just a few words to repeat again how the Solo is incredible for vaping pollen.

I am not talking about "Hash" Pollen, but the real pollen when you shake your herb, or when you grind it with an electric grinder grind (it's inside on the sides, or in the cap), yes this brown/green/yellow powder.

Ok if you have enough of this magic powder to fill the solo's stem, pack it but just a little, go and set it at level 3 or 4.

And now the magic begins : A-M-A-Z-I-N-G T-H-I-C-K S-T-R-O-N-G-S C-L-O-U-D-S !!!!!!!

So tasty, so thick (particulary at level 4), so bigs clouds !!!! Incredible have you tested this guys & girls ?

All of my friends are litteraly going crazy !!!!

Now the 2nd magic : with one stem, you have an incredible amount of clouds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont'know precisely how much but easiliy 5 X more than with a stem with herb.
Simple : i need just a little less of 3 cycles for ending the stem !!!!!!!!!!!

And the effects.................Imagine you take one stem with herb but .... x 4 !!!
Just give it a try, but.....not really good if you have to work seriously.....

On the other side, i have never try to vape hash with my solo.

So is there someone who is using it's Solo for vaping Hash, i mean regulary ?

PS : Have you see the new portable vape of vaporfection ?
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/Sanstitre-2-1.jpg

i dont see infos here at FC. Looks sweet but seems gaz powered on the photo.....
you mean kief? Or keef? I don't know the correct way to spell it lol

VapeNStone,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
yes vaped ape , Sorry my mistake Arizer talked about the insert.
Think i may just get the new version of the solo though , what do you think.

Lefthook,

Vaped Ape

Absolutely I would wait. They say 7-14 days but that may be like "cks in the mail" or "I wont cum in your mouth" unless they already have hands on the new stainless chamber and are about to feed the new chamber into the production line. They do seem very confident in their time frame though. :lol:

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Egzoset

Banned
Hello OhTheAgony,

I'll focus my reply on FirmWare only to keep things short and simple.

The Arizer Solo owners don't need to be able to generate their own FirmWare code all by themselves, i'm only implying that access to the maintenance port would allow them to be sent customized FirmWare from the manufacturer via internet for on-site installation... Meaning the device wouldn't have to be returned for such adjustments. I also imagine that the Arizer web site could easily host more than one FirmWare version to accomodate various needs, like changing delay/temperature settings, whatever.

:peace:

Egzoset,

GoGlass

@VapeNStone:

Yep, sorry for my too long definition, yes i mean kief!
So easy to collect and so amazing to vape with the Solo !

I'am a little surprised that nobody has write something about this........

GoGlass,

Egzoset

Banned
Euh... On the subject of that stainless steel insert versus the ceramic coating, i'd like to point out that one material is a very good heat conductor while my guess is the other actually happens to be an insulator instead. Nobody seems to realize that this must have an impact on temperature control so i'll ask my question...

Isn't that insert going to mess up the quality of temperature control somewhat?...

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom