Arizer Solo

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
OhTheAgony said:
I think the white streaks aren't scratches but a lime (not sure if I translated this word properly to english but I can't come up with better word right now, edit: scale perhaps?)
Close- it's limescale! :p

I don't get any, but then my water is very soft- our source is a small burn (stream) off the mountain and so pretty close to rain water. It can freeze in the winter, and nearly dry up in a dry summer spell (never totally dry yet though), but it does mean that it's pure unadulterated water (it's still filtered and UV'd in the house) with minimal mineral content. (sheep/deer shit is another matter- we get the water tested and e-coli comes up bad after storms- glad of the UV treatment then!)

But woth my stems I've just been sticking it in the dishwasher every now and then. Doesn't clean it pristine, but 95%. Sometimes a bit left in there at the bottom. Not been too bothered about reclaiming from these, and haven't bothered at all. I also should say that I normally don't even bother to stir with the Solo and just dump it after the first run is done. It's a bit wasteful, but it's not easy to stir whilst in the stem, and emptying and repacking is just too much effort for lazy ol' me (at least whilst I've got adequate supplies).

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Almost then, ha! :lol:

We have very clean tap water here, but especially in my part of the country the water is very hard so limescale (my spell-checker doesn't recognize that word, lol) is a bit of a problem sometimes.

I'm back to my beloved whole-nugs-vaping right now, so I just flip the nug one time half way trough the bowl. But I had a strain that wouldn't vape well in nugs before this one so I had to grind it for a while and I have to agree. It's basically impossible to stir this tiny bowl without spilling everything. That was part of the reason why I ended up putting in a few stems in the bottom underneath the weed so at least all the bud would vape nicely. Bit of a fuss, but I preferred it over throwing everything out, mix it up, and put it back in again to re-vape.

OhTheAgony,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Growvaper said:
It's still ridiculous imo that it doesn't come with a screen made for it. For the price, c'mon! To stick a metal disk in and out of the bowl can scrape/break the glass. Also that screen heats up, can damage the device (not supposed to be there and be heated no?) and probably is toxic. Idk?!!! On a + note, I'm glad to see you can use hash in it.

Agreed, but you can obviously tell that Arizer is marketing this as an aromatherapy device rather than a vaporizing for obvious legal reasons. That's why they include no screens and the practically useless potpourri warmer. Hell, the instructions tell you how to use the solo for aromatherapy, not how to vape anything with it lol

And the screen material is up to you to use, I use stainless steel which leaves me with very little concern of toxins being leeched since vaping temps are too low for that with SS. I have a shit ton of extra SSV screens that I cut down easily to fit.

Growvaper said:
Also I have a few others questions if you don't mind:
- do you empty the battery fully or charge between sessions (for battery life what is the best?)

No it's best to not let the battery fully drain.

Growvaper said:
- do you have a link to buy the charger (to use all day) and the carrying case.

http://greatvape.com/items/accessories/list1.htm look in the retailer's thread, they have a 10% discount code posted.

aesthyrian,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
After coming out of the iso I give mine a good final wash with dish soap and hot water I blow stems out with an air gun hooked to my compressor in the garage. I am sure allot of you don't have a compressor but I was wondering if compressed air in a can, used by computer geeks would work to dry them out.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've used compressed can air for all my glass, I wonder if that could have done it? Not sure about it being mineral scale though...there is like a straight line too.

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

Vaped Ape said:
After coming out of the iso I give mine a good final wash with dish soap and hot water I blow stems out with an air gun hooked to my compressor in the garage. I am sure allot of you don't have a compressor but I was wondering if compressed air in a can, used by computer geeks would work to dry them out.

Da Ape

vape4life,

jackmormon

Those pics look exactly like limescale. Try soaking them in regular clear vinegar overnight and then rinse.

(I bet you have a scratch on the inside of your stem thus the line. Limescale deposits are more noticeable on any imperfections in the glass.)

jackmormon,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks, i'll try that tonight...

my solo...

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

from left to right, purple kush, ambrosia, tropicanna :p

jackmormon said:
Those pics look exactly like limescale. Try soaking them in regular clear vinegar overnight and then rinse.

(I bet you have a scratch on the inside of your stem thus the line. Limescale deposits are more noticeable on any imperfections in the glass.)

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
My replacement solo came with a crappy paint job :( It's mostly just the cap so i'll request a new one if mine chips down the road. I can't believe this shit makes it past QC!

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

:uhoh:

vape4life,

Vaped Ape

Some dish soap products are designed to rid glasses of streaks and deposits. I have never had the streaking results. I think a final vinegar soak might be a good option if some of you have hard water. My water is not the softest but no clouding or streaks here.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Apparently, that only holds true for the old cascade with tsp, which is why I think people started putting their glass in the dishwasher. New cascade doesn't have tsp in it. You can get tsp at home depot though.

Vinegar isn't usually strong enough to get hard water deposits off. Clr will work with varying results. I think it depends on the makeup of the water in your area. Distiller water is probably the best thing to use to wash glass though. Anyone know where to get a 50gallon drum of it?

notmyrealUSERname,

McNerdius

god of nerds
vape4life said:
I've used compressed can air for all my glass, I wonder if that could have done it? Not sure about it being mineral scale though...there is like a straight line too.

Hmm... sounds intriguing. I can see myself wanting to do a quick dry of my stems - such scenarios have come up in the past. I've never thought of using canned air before, but then i'm not much of a fan since they've been using the bittering agents. I don't know if im overly sensitive or something, but ive inadvertently inhaled that shit before and it's not something i wanna repeat. The real question is, though, what are the implications of those bittering agents in this context ? I'm assuming you've never tasted any such thing after drying with it, but as you yourself asked "i wonder if that could have done it ?" If so, eeeeew !

McNerdius,

vape4life

Banned for life
I didn't know about these bittering agents! I thought it was just compressed air! I haven't done that in a while, mostly just rolled up paper towel. I have 3 soaking in vinegar...will report back.

McNerdius said:
vape4life said:

Hmm... sounds intriguing. I can see myself wanting to do a quick dry of my stems - such scenarios have come up in the past. I've never thought of using canned air before, but then i'm not much of a fan since they've been using the bittering agents. I don't know if im overly sensitive or something, but ive inadvertently inhaled that shit before and it's not something i wanna repeat. The real question is, though, what are the implications of those bittering agents in this context ? I'm assuming you've never tasted any such thing after drying with it, but as you yourself asked "i wonder if that could have done it ?" If so, eeeeew !

vape4life,

McNerdius

god of nerds
vape4life said:
I didn't know about these bittering agents! I thought it was just compressed air! I haven't done that in a while, mostly just rolled up paper towel. I have 3 soaking in vinegar...will report back.

I hopped on wikipedia out of curiosity, to find out if the bittering stuff was a US-only type thing. Didn't find that, in fact i simply stopped reading after stumbling across this:

[h] "The gases themselves do not leave residues on sensitive equipment, however the bitterant added to prevent abuse will leave a residue, making gas dusters an inappropriate choice for cleaning anything users will come into contact with such as keyboards."[/h]

Eeeeeeeew ! :puke:

McNerdius,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Hi Guys

Just a quick update, my wife let me at the Solo on sat morning and ive been vaped every since.
The high is awsome and clean and my chest is feeling better already from the lack of smoke, not sure if thats just in my head but thats the way i feel. I love this thing , i was a little worried when i first used after smoking for well over ten years but really i had nothing to worry about. The only thing is this thing is hard to draw on but i manage it. Already saving my vaped bud to make fire crackers i think. Thanks for all your help every one.

Lefthook,

Vaped Ape

Glad you like it Lefthook. Just wonderin. What else did you get for birthday sat nite??? :brow:

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Lefthook,

You know every Christmas and birthday I get socks. This year I got both socks and a piece of tail and neither one fit.

But that faithful stem always fits and I don't have to beg. Enjoy your day on that parting note.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I had to look that one up. I thought it was an item of clothing or some other useful gift :cool: :lol:

piece of tail:
(Adult / Slang)
1. An act of sexual intercourse. See copulation for synonyms.
2. A woman regarded as a sex object or sex partner.

QUOTE: Topper Harley (Charley Sheen) in Hot Shots! (1991): ' My uncle used to tell me, not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister; sure she's a great piece of tail with a blouse full of goodies, but it's just illegal.'

3. A woman regarded as sexually accessible, hence promiscuous. See playgirl for synonyms.

WatTyler,

Vaped Ape

Yes and it's monosyllabic and easy to remember if begging late at nite (when also vaped) but never ever, ever, verbalize it to a women......just think it.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Anybody heard an update from Steve@Arizer about availability of the fully stainless chamber that was mention back around 8/26?

Further, has anyone seen the stainless insert yet? It was suppose to be avail in 10 days and I think that was around 8/23 with the stainless chamber a few weeks later. I wonder if the peeling chamber fiasco has run its course or if warranty claims are still coming in and we don't hear about them over here at FC.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Kaptan

Vaped Ape said:
Anybody heard an update from Steve@Arizer about availability of the fully stainless chamber that was mention back around 8/26?

Further, has anyone seen the stainless insert yet? It was suppose to be avail in 10 days and I think that was around 8/23 with the stainless chamber a few weeks later. I wonder if the peeling chamber fiasco has run its course or if warranty claims are still coming in and we don't hear about them over here at FC.

Da Ape

Yes, I emailed Arizer yesterday asking for a status on the stainless steel bowl Solos. I was told that they would be ready within 7 - 10 days.

Kaptan,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hey Kaptan, I just noticed you have both, how does the MFLB compare to the Solo in bowl-size & cloud-density? Do you use the BW inline with both of them or do you keep that one for the EQ?

OhTheAgony,

Vaped Ape

Kaptan said:
Vaped Ape said:

Da Ape

Yes, I emailed Arizer yesterday asking for a status on the stainless steel bowl Solos. I was told that they would be ready within 7 - 10 days.

Yup got the same story on the bowls today.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
Top Bottom