Arizer Solo

Growvaper

Ok thanks a lot guys. It's a sweet device. Any way to use it while it is plugged in (home use?) or is it only meant to be used when not charging? I used it for a few hours and it is empty. If I want to vape some more now, what can I do? Turn on my Extreme tower? :lol:

Growvaper,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You'll need a different power supply to use it on an outlet and it won't charge while using it that way. But I really recommend reading this thread, sounds like it can teach you a lot you don't know about your Solo yet.

OhTheAgony,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^^ Growvaper.

There are accessories that are just coming to market that will allow "plug in" vaping. I would give those accessories a bit of time to be vetted and sorted out. A car charger has been around since release of the solo.
Carrying cases are offered too or you can look to the various camera bags on the market.

I never let my Solo battery expire. I put mine on the charger after every session and a session for me is about 3-4 12 min cycles. I like to use temp setting 3-4 for best flavor/performance. Other users have different preferences.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

GoGlass

@ Da Ape

My Glassblower has just finished the new stem for my Solo with the Glass on Glass 14.4 mm attachment :
(sorry for the quality)

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/Image18.jpg[/img]

Works pretty well !!!!!!

On the other side, it was not possible to make a standard stem, but with a bigger bowl.
It doesnt work, or i have to stir, because only the bottom of the bowl will be vape correctly.

I work on a new stem but with holes on the side, i keep you informed of my works.......

I have also a bowl only , without the main body of the stem.
When i receive the silicon tube of the WISPR i will post pictures of my new stealth solo !!!!

GoGlass,

thecragus

I have found (as mentioned some pages back) that placing a small lock-washer into the chamber first, followed by a flat screen, improves the draw significantly. This only minimally reduces the chamber space. By not having the screen lying flat against the glass, the air flow works it's way through the chamber more evenly. IMHO

thecragus,

Growvaper

Ok thanks a lot I'll read as well. :cool:
I tried placing a screen but the vapor was thick and I looked and the bud was smoldering (hot). I vape on 5 and I use a grinder. I think the screen (in the bowl) heated up. I took it out asap as it didn't do that without the screen. Strange that the builders didn't have a screen for their vape. It's like you're inhaling grass without a screen. It works very well (no air flow pb) but I'm a little surprised about this pb. I know how to clean it with isopropyl alcohol but it's too bad imo (not clean vapor as a balloon). Do you guys have any pics of how to place the screen? Thank you.

edit: i vaped at 4 and drew slowly and it was fiine. Maybe if you hit slowly, the weed doesn't fly up so much in the glass piece.

Growvaper,

Ash057

These are down to $175 !!! on eBay now.
Will still use my trusty MFLB when I need more stealth but the Solo is nice for that harder/quicker fix on the go.

Ash057,

August West

Hey Now...
Haven't posted in awhile. I've been too busy testing out the a/c adapter for the solo. :D No not really but I have come to like having that plug next to the couch for when I'm sitting having a vape session. I saw someone posted pics so I won't worry about that but I can give you the info that's on the power supply if that will help the electronic guys among us.
Its a QILI Power Class 2 Power Supply
Model: QL-09005-B0855000F
INPUT: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 1.5A
OUTPUT: 8.5V 5000mA

I'm not sure if it's just me but it does seem to heat up nice and quick and work really well at my preferred 3 setting. 4 if I have to. The placement of the plug sucks but I knew that going in. You need to make a stand if you want it to stand up while plugged in.

I also got the auto adaptor. Just to clarify that it is for charging only. Between these 2 accesories I'm able to keep using my Solo all day pretty much if I want to.
I also got some of the stem caps from planetvape. They fit perfectly over the stem for prepacked bowls or saving what you just vaped.

As far as the chipping issue.....my Solo is still unaffected (knock on wood) and I have never had a smell issue other than the sweet aromas of what I'm putting in it. I always use a screen. I think I will have to try that washer trick.
I also have found that less packed bowls seem to work a little better. It's been the summer of the Solo for me and I still love mine.

Happy Vaping everybody

August West,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
To place my screen, I just took a 1" screen that I had laying around and began trimming it with scissors until it fit snugly into the stem.
:2c:

Stu,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Some thoughts.

I received my Solo a few days ago [from puffitup] and it has quickly lived up to the positive reputation it's gained here. I had purchased a 'shellz' brand hard case to store a few stems in, however - i'll be using it for the solo itself. Bonus !

Anyhow - my experience is somewhat limited - .1g KB and a shitload of qwiso. That .1g [finely ground] filled 4 bowls nicely and oh my was it fun ! The most fun i've had on .1g since i got the LB. More fun, in fact. Anyhow, before i even obtained the Solo, i got this idea regarding screen placement:

ss8514801.png

I hope that's clear... i'll get some better shots if need be. Basically, the screen is upside down or inside out of what i'm thinking most people's screens are. Convex as opposed to concave, i suppose is another way of putting it. Advantage being that it stays in place quite well and IMO does a good job keeping scoobies out of ur mouth. It's also very easy to get it in to place: bend it *too much* so it will very easily plop in there, then 'crush' it into place. I use the butt end of my poke, but you could probably use your pinky or any device of your choosing. Once in place, as long as the screens are cut nice and round and not too small, it will stay in place very well [like as in not moving around AT ALL] and after maybe a hit or 2, offer very effective de-scoobization.

The only person i've shared this idea with so far dismissed it as being less efficient than the perhaps more common concave method. I can sort of picture ways in which either setup would be more or less efficient, but this setup is for me. It is an effortless, effective method of installing screens. After all, that's supposed to be one of the main design advantages with the solo. Cut it, fold it, poke it.

Now onto the one thing i am loving the most about it: concentrates. As i will be moving to colorado for the sake of legality as soon as financially feasible [not too far off, i have 6k saved up] in order to honor the 3oz limit, i will be converting alot of my growth into bubble hash. Knowing i will be a heavy hash user in the future has had me kinda 'meh' in the past, not having a vape which handles hash particularily well. However, with the solo on TWO i was getting hit after hit after hit of what i can only call "perfect" hits - where you can feel that you just got a heavy-ass hit and upon exhale you see just a bit of cloud - not so much that it could be considered a waste. I don't know how it is that there are times that i feel i just got a weak hit, yet still exhale just as much visible vapor as other times that almost immediately sets in couchlock-type sensations... But whatever the cause, i can easily obtain these 'perfect' hits off either hash or bud. It impresses me to be able to get this level of performance with hash starting at setting 2 with this vape. Using the VB and a standard whip [not ez change] or even a mini-whip for that matter, taking the vape to full temp and getting the glass too hot to touch still did not perform anywhere near as well as the solo. With the EZ Change whip, the performance was on par at it's best, but required frequent cleanings of the ceramic screen. Solo = win.

I'm not very good at writing these types of things, so if i think of anything else to share i will pop in and do so. Any questions concerns comments criticisms money pizza weed anything, shoot 'em my way.

The solo is kinda like the lb's big brother in a way. Bigger but younger, lol.

PS: Another thing i do like about the solo, is the stems. Some comment they are kind of ... crack-pipey... too paraphernalia-ey... But i've always been a fan of the stem concept. Having a set of stems loaded up at the beginning of the day, doing your thing, and cleaning or repacking or what have you at the end of the day. The vaper in me prefers this over a more traditional one-bowl scenario. I also appreciate the functionality that comes hand in hand with their simplicity. They are also as easily cleaned as one could possibly hope. Oh and they're glass ;)

PPS: Ash057 - Fuck Ebay. At least in this context.

PPPS: Sorry for the hugeass pic - original photo was an 8MP so i dont know why i couldnt manage to get the cropped section clear enough to keep the pic size down. Brain farts or something ?

McNerdius,

Vaped Ape

With regards to the washer trick I posted several pages back. I used what is called a star washer that has serrated edges commonly found in the screw section of the hardware rather than a split lock washer used with bolts. I worked the edges with a pair of needle nose pliers and developed a bit of a crown allowing it to seat between the holes and the internal side of the stem. That way I have no coverage or blockage of the factory stem holes.

Now years back I recall that an Italian made car I had used cone shaped washers behind countersunk door hinge bolts. If I could find some of those in a wee bit smaller size they would work great I believe. I guess you would go to a well supplied fastener outlet and ask for lock washers for countersunk bolts. You might have to buy a box but they can't be that much $.

Lastly, if GoGlass comes up with a slightly taller stem bowl that would have the same volume as the original AFTER a raised screen was installed that might be tits. Or if GoGlass could develop a glass intergrated ledge or collar just above the holes there would be no need for a washer to support the screen.

Da Aoe

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

@ McNerdius ^^^^

To respond in part to your post. There is a thread somewhere that I saw that debates whether a visible cloud is necessary to get ripped. This individual noted that a brand X vaporizer he had would get him very stoned without a vapor trail, begging the question, what is exhaled vapor, how long you should hold the drawn vapor, etc. Don't want to stray off too far from the Solo thread but certainly something to ponder. I too have exhaled a good size cloud when I was sure the herb was played only to be surprised and pissed I "let it go to soon".

Edit: Fastenal might be a start for the coned countersunk washer. You won't find them at Menards or the like but you could find the star washer there.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

McNerdius

god of nerds
OhTheAgony said:
McNerdius said:
Vaped Ape said:
I guess you would go to a well supplied fastener outlet and ask for lock washers for countersunk bolts. You might have to buy a box but they can't be that much $.

Well supplied fastener outlet.

I'm not gonna look for the right part, but they most likely have it, and for a reasonable cost.

:)

Yay, they even make them with a build in screen!

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/washers/hosescreen.gif

Holy assnuggets ! I might need to get myself one if they have it in the right size. Jesus that would be incredible !

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Vaped Ape said:
@ McNerdius ^^^^

To respond in part to your post. There is a thread somewhere that I saw that debates whether a visible cloud is necessary to get ripped. This individual noted that a brand X vaporizer he had would get him very stoned without a vapor trail, begging the question, what is exhaled vapor, how long you should hold the drawn vapor, etc.
Da Ape

Oddly enough i read that thread start to finish the day before the Solo arrived. By chance. What i was trying to get at though is kind of a compromise of the two worlds... My view of the "cloud/hit density" issue is that basically, if you are exhaling nothing, your lungs are doing everything they can. Once you begin to see vapor, you begin to waste. If i see *nothing* on exhale, that doesnt really tell me much. If i see a wee tiny bit on exhale, it means i just inhaled 101% of my lungs' capacity to absorb vapor. I can't think of a better way to word it, but basically, i referred to it a perfect hit because i knew it was the densest hit i could obtain without significant waste. [antiflame=to all those who swear by clouds]I like them too it's just not what i normally shoot for[/antiflame]

McNerdius,

Vaped Ape

Mutha fucka, Here is what I was talking about, countersunk lock washer. Available in stainless. $6. 59 for pack of 25

.46 is the closest diameter with 1/4 inch center hole. I am using a 1/4" center hole now and it works fine. 5/16" center whole might be best but not available. Remember you will also draw air around sides with this type of washer too. Compressing before install will increase diam if need be and conversely since it is a cone shape it could easily be side squeezed to make smaller---avail in stainless too.

link to image: http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/washers/90069a031b.gif

http://www.mcmaster.com/#lock-washers/=e0e2lw

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

I have ck'd E-bay and nothing there in 1/2" 0.D. stainless countersunk external tooth washers.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

WW Grainger has countersunk external tooth stainless washers too in larger qtys though-mo money

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/lock-washers/washers/fasteners/ecatalog/N-8oiZ1z0nsopZ1z1301j

Beware some countersunk external tooth stainless washers are flat when you buy them and countersink when you bolt them up. would work in a pinch if you were able to shape them before install but the pre-shaped look best.

Da Ape

Edit: Another option might be a stiff spring of the right O.D. cut down to a minimal height with flat screen resting on top. don't want to take up more than .125 of the bowl height though.

Vaped Ape,

vape4life

Banned for life
The Solo works great with hash. But has anyone tried it with budderking budder? Or are you only supposed to burn that shit? Not sure if it would just melt.

vape4life,

Growvaper

Thanks for the responses everybody. It's still ridiculous imo that it doesn't come with a screen made for it. For the price, c'mon! To stick a metal disk in and out of the bowl can scrape/break the glass. Also that screen heats up, can damage the device (not supposed to be there and be heated no?) and probably is toxic. Idk?!!! On a + note, I'm glad to see you can use hash in it.

Also I have a few others questions if you don't mind:
- do you empty the battery fully or charge between sessions (for battery life what is the best?)
- do you have a link to buy the charger (to use all day) and the carrying case.

Thank you very much, great site and people here!

Growvaper,

vape4life

Banned for life
I clean my stems (leaving the screens in them) in a medium size mason jar filled with iso. Just let it soak and then hot water rinse and I dry with a paper towel. Only thing is i'm not sure if it's the abrasiveness of the paper towel being used as a pipe cleaner but I notice that there are sort of white-ish streaks on the glass. Kinda the same thing that happens with glasses that have been thrownthrough a bunch of dishwasher cycles. no big deal. how do you guys dry?

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think the white streaks aren't scratches but a lime (not sure if I translated this word properly to english but I can't come up with better word right now, edit: scale perhaps?) residue from the water. I use a blow dryer to dry mine, but otherwise clean them the same way and they still look like new afterwards.

and another edit: I don't put mine in a jar with alcohol but instead I fill about half the stem with alcohol and plug both ends with tiny corks (carb hole plugs), let it sit for a few minutes and give it a good shake. I re-use the alcohol several times (adding in a little bit of fresh alcohol each cleaning) before I evaporate it off to collect the wand hash (hasn't come to that last part yet).

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom