Arizer Solo

al bundy

Vaporist
Hello everyone! I've been using my solo for about 2 weeks now and I'm loving it. Just had a few quick questions. I ordered a straight stem from planet vape that comes with the o-ring. The problem is my solo cap won't screw all the way down with the o ring in. It seems like the the ring is just a tad too thick. Anyone else have this problem?

Also thinking about getting the infamous bubbler as someone mentioned above since its cheap. Just wondering what kind of gong adapter I need for the infamous and where I should order it from. Thanks

You MAY be able to remove the cap and put it across 2 blocks of wood or just use your hands and push out a little where the stem goes through the hole from the inside of the cap. I did that and it worked fine.

al bundy,

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
Just ordered a Solo M1A4 from puffitup.com. After reading all the positive reviews here and the $160 price tag it was too good to pass up. Wish they also carried the water pipe adapter but I can always get it elsewhere.

Any tips for using the stock stems in a water piece?

Vaponly,
Reactions: exit

al bundy

Vaporist
if you have a 14 mm fitting then an o ring or rubberbands should let you use the stock straight stem
Or you could use silicone tubing to attach it(my friend puts tubing inside of stock stem to water pipe)
Or just go to planetvape.ca and order them.

H.K

Hey guys just ran into some issues with my Solo. I figured this would be the place to ask since I initially started my Solo research here with the best results. Some background info - I purchased my Solo on October 19, 2012. Over the past year I've used it pretty sparingly, probably less than 30 hours of total use.

So the issue I'm having is that my Solo won't heat past level 3 while in use. If the Solo is just sitting on a table and heating up it will get up to about 5 then immediately die down to heat level 1, 2, or 3. When it does this (heat level going from 5 to 1, 2, or 3) the LED rapidly alternates between HEAT and CHARGE. It will still do this even after I've fully charged the Solo, full green light no flashing. I've tried full charges and let it run until it shut itself off a few times over the past couple of months to no avail.

All help is appreciated!

Edit: Just now let it heat up sitting on a table, as soon as it reached heat level 7 it died down to 3-4ish, and the LED started the HEAT and CHARGE alternation. It's now sitting at heat level 2 and won't heat any further.

H.K,

poonman

Hey guys just ran into some issues with my Solo. I figured this would be the place to ask since I initially started my Solo research here with the best results. Some background info - I purchased my Solo on October 19, 2012. Over the past year I've used it pretty sparingly, probably less than 30 hours of total use.

So the issue I'm having is that my Solo won't heat past level 3 while in use. If the Solo is just sitting on a table and heating up it will get up to about 5 then immediately die down to heat level 1, 2, or 3. When it does this (heat level going from 5 to 1, 2, or 3) the LED rapidly alternates between HEAT and CHARGE. It will still do this even after I've fully charged the Solo, full green light no flashing. I've tried full charges and let it run until it shut itself off a few times over the past couple of months to no avail.

All help is appreciated!

Edit: Just now let it heat up sitting on a table, as soon as it reached heat level 7 it died down to 3-4ish, and the LED started the HEAT and CHARGE alternation. It's now sitting at heat level 2 and won't heat any further.

Ya, that doesn't sound good .
Especially if you can't heat up .
I believe the battery has a 1 year warranty on it ,
so maybe it's time to activate your warranty . imo
At least , it sounds like a battery problem .

poonman,

poonman

Do you remember where you purchased it from ?
Maybe they have a copy or your info on file ?
It couldn't hurt .

edit ;
Not necessarily , you can always replace your battery .
Either by yourself or from an FC member .

edit 2 ;
Try resetting your Solo , there's a way .....it's back a few pages .
here it is ;
You may be able to manually reset your Solo.
Please try the following:
  • plug in the Solo unit to charger
  • press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds
  • wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger
Once you have done this try out the unit again.

poonman,

OF

"OF" made a great recommendation concerning the PA for the SOLO.
Works amazingly!

Great! Glad to hear it, it all came out of the box, plugged in and flew? Cool. Looks just like the one I lost somewhere....at least I think it does. Except for the numbers it looks the same as the nine Volt one I did find, which doesn't work because it's really 9.2 something Volts....

Thanks much for passing the word.

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Great! Glad to hear it, it all came out of the box, plugged in and flew? Cool. Looks just like the one I lost somewhere....at least I think it does. Except for the numbers it looks the same as the nine Volt one I did find, which doesn't work because it's really 9.2 something Volts....

Thanks much for passing the word.

OF
For the price?
SO AFFORDABLE!

ataxian,

H.K

Do you remember where you purchased it from ?
Maybe they have a copy or your info on file ?

edit 2 ;
Try resetting your Solo , there's a way .....it's back a few pages .
here it is ;
You may be able to manually reset your Solo.
Please try the following:
  • plug in the Solo unit to charger
  • press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds
  • wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger
  • Yea, got it from puffitup. Thought I needed different information than what's on my order info. I did the reset twice, still won't heat up.

Is it connected to a PA?

It is not; if I got one I wouldn't need to worry about the battery anymore right? As in it would heat up every time no problem?

OF

• Yea, got it from puffitup. Thought I needed different information than what's on my order info.
Puffitup? I think you're golden. If you've got the ship date (or a close approximation) I bet Randy can find it for you in their files. He's a good sort, definitely 'hangs in there' until it's solved correctly.

Contact the man, work with him?

OF

OF,
Reactions: poonman

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF do you think this might be a charger problem? The reason I asked about the PA is because if the connection was loose I bet strange things can happen. Also I am not sure if you have a dead battery if the PA will work but I am sure OF will tell us. I lose a light a day at the very least so it does use battery. Now does it totally by pass I have no idea.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OF do you think this might be a charger problem? The reason I asked about the PA is because if the connection was loose I bet strange things can happen. Also I am not sure if you have a dead battery if the PA will work but I am sure OF will tell us. I lose a light a day at the very least so it does use battery. Now does it totally by pass I have no idea.
This PA is pretty nice to have.
I find it harder to stop medicating!
3 extra stem loads and feeling extremely relaxed!
DREAMER uses a PA!

ataxian,
Reactions: poonman

Dreamerr

Many many pages back when I got my PA, more then two month or so(what is time), I said it was dangerous and now you know why ataxian.

exit

I would be concerned about the battery in the unit. IF you are adventurous/brave its just a 18650 and you could probably change it out. (NOT TRUE, CONFUSING MY VAPES AGAIN!) That said we can't know for sure what's wrong with it but just make educated guesses...

Today I accidentally dropped my bent stem (stock stem) out of my car onto pavement.... TWICE! and it still looks like new :ko: :lol: I might need Ed to hurry up with those wood stems :lol:

Does PA stand for power adapter??? doesnt seem like it...

exit,

OF

OF do you think this might be a charger problem?

I lose a light a day at the very least so it does use battery. Now does it totally by pass I have no idea.

No, I don't. I don't think he has a PA, I think he's charging the battery then trying to run. To me that means it's not a charger issue (since it does charge eventually?). I'm smelling a battery problem....maybe some thermal issue like the heater going open circuit when it heats up and expands?

I think the computer, display, temperature measurement circuits and so on continue to be driven by the battery (indeed, the computer never really shuts down, it just 'goes to sleep' killing the display and waiting for two button presses. I've never measured it, but I'd be surprised if that's not the case.

The PA supplies the bulk of the power, when used. But when it does so the computer and the rest is lit off as well from the battery.

I think. Might be fun sometime to crack it open and measure stuff....

I would be concerned about the battery in the unit. IF you are adventurous/brave its just a 18650 and you could probably change it out.

Actually, no, it's not. It's a two cell pack with protection board. The current level is probably not an issue, but the correct board is.

One of the members has done this, I believe using a Tenergy pack. It looks fairly easy, but requires soldering unless you buy the factory battery pack from somewhere (you need to swap the connector over). One other caution IIRC the polarity is backwards from normal for that connector, extra caution is advised to keep plus and minus going to the right places.......

OF

Dreamerr

Open it and pull the batteries and see if it still runs while you are measuring all the Knowledge stuff.

Dreamerr,

OF

Open it and pull the batteries and see if it still runs while you are measuring all the Knowledge stuff.

Actually more useful is to measure battery current (both in and out) in the various modes I think. Charging, standby, off (idle), heating from battery, heating from PA, and so on? If the PA current goes to zero we'll know.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
One of the members has done this, I believe using a Tenergy pack. It looks fairly easy, but requires soldering unless you buy the factory battery pack from somewhere (you need to swap the connector over).
OF
All I did was change out a battery pack of one of my SOLO's.
I used a TENERY already made pack because I was LAZY. (could have made my own)
Their are other batteries I could have used.
I had a bad cell in one of my units (it was a no brainer)!
Swapping the connector over is basically all I did.
If it was something else I would have just changed what was wrong.
Or I could of just bought a PA and been done.
Now I have two powerful units that function 100%
The PA I just got works so well. (Thanks to "OF")
One other thing the SERIAL NUMBERS are just numbers.

OF

All I did was change out a battery pack of one of my SOLO's.
I used a TENERY already made pack because I was LAZY. (could have made my own)
Their are other batteries I could have used.
This was cheap and easy.

Thanks for self identifying on this one Ataxian, now if you get 'PM bombed' it's your fault......

Not to be critical but you say "cheap and easy" like it was a bad thing. That very screening criteria formed the basis of my love life for a lot of years.......

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not to be critical but you say "cheap and easy" like it was a bad thing. That very screening criteria formed the basis of my love life for a lot of years.......
OF
I deleted that comment.
I was being over the top in that statement.
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!
This is a true fact!

What day is it?
Saturday?
PA trials!
Did PA trials last night however need to make sure the results were valid so I will have to run some more tests to confirm!

ataxian,
Top Bottom