Arizer Solo

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Still loving my Solo and just today placed an order at planetvape for some of the high temp O rings, PVHES straight tube with carry tube and the Solo stealth adapter :) cant wait!

Krizzle,
Reactions: ataxian
Thnx OF for the tip! i agree w/ you completely about how much weed you conserve through vaping. the bowl of the solo gets me where i need to be w/ basically the same amount of grinded weed that i would have left over after when i used to roll blunts!!!:brow: Its truly amazing how lil weed i need in order to get to where i need to be that used to take me a good amount in a blunt!!!

Vapingaway818,
Still loving my Solo and just today placed an order at planetvape for some of the high temp O rings, PVHES straight tube with carry tube and the Solo stealth adapter :) cant wait!

they include the o-rings free with any stem purchase so the straight tube will most likely come with one

GreenEmber,
Thnx OF for the tip! i agree w/ you completely about how much weed you conserve through vaping. the bowl of the solo gets me where i need to be w/ basically the same amount of grinded weed that i would have left over after when i used to roll blunts!!!:brow: Its truly amazing how lil weed i need in order to get to where i need to be that used to take me a good amount in a blunt!!!

I used to be a big blunt smoker. roll like a half gram to a gram in a blunt and get pretty high but all the soot and tobacco carcinogens... blech
Vaping all the way now with my solo. get high off .1g easily

Im starting to have the same problem ppl. are having about the twirling stem... my question is how do i put the o ring that came w/ my pvhe gong into the solo. i do apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked.

Vapingaway818,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
image.png

OF

Gentle Friends,

The other day I mentioned I was messing around with finding power supplies, both replacement for the charger and for Power Adapter use.

While the first is pretty easy, the second use is a bit of a problem voltage wise. As I've said before the "9 Volts" on the unit is deceptive. The Solo PA is actually 8.5 Volts. Get a small bit over 9.0 and the 'light show' of flashing lights happens instead of either charging or PA use. I've now tried 3 different 9 Volt supplies, but since each was a tenth or two of a Volt high (no doubt to compensate for 'sag' under load) each faults the Solo out for being too high a voltage. The best match to the need I can find to suggest is this one, a 7.5 Volt unit that seems to work just fine:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...0001&productId=206529&catalogId=10001&CID=PDF

To match with the 'funny little connector' on the Solo you'll also need one of these guys:
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...mDQ4w==&ddkey=https:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

Together they're twenty bucks, half the regular price?

For a replacement charging supply (for those who are having the common random charging failures) this guy seems to work well and is cheaper than the Radio Shack solution, half the factory supply price. Again it needs the above adapter.
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...logId=10001&langId=-1&ddkey=https:CookieLogon

These are fully rated supplies (UL, EC and the rest) running below ratings and should give good service. Jameco's a good outfit, fast and cheap shipping ($6 for First Class post last time). They are also the 'tabletop' (more usually on the floor.....) style which seems to work out better in permanent set ups in my experience.

I hope all those links work, they look strange but seem to work when I tested them......

OF

Hummus

Hello, I just ordered an Arizer Solo from Puffitup as my first vaporizer. Been lurking here for quite some time, and even though I didn't like spending all that money one something, getting the better vape, seemed like the recommended route. As to avoid ending up like the people, who wasted money on first getting a cheap vape, and then moving onto a better one.

Anyways, here's the question, I know that i'm suppose to do a dry-run when I first get the Solo to burn off any factory chemicals. But how long should I do this, and on what setting?​

Thank you.

Hummus,

OF

Anyways, here's the question, I know that i'm suppose to do a dry-run when I first get the Solo to burn off any factory chemicals. But how long should I do this, and on what setting?​

Welcome to the fun.

I'd say the average guy is good with 2 or 3 12 minute runs (it times out) on 'full blast' (step 7). Some don't bother of course, others are still putting their's through cycle after cycle after cycle......

IMO a good choice of vapes, I think you'll appreciate your wisdom making it quickly once you get it going.

Best wishes.

OF

hoptimum

Hello, I just ordered an Arizer Solo from Puffitup as my first vaporizer. Been lurking here for quite some time, and even though I didn't like spending all that money one something, getting the better vape, seemed like the recommended route. As to avoid ending up like the people, who wasted money on first getting a cheap vape, and then moving onto a better one.

Thank you.

charge it up all the way first, then do a dry burn or two on 7. Don't worry if you still have a little robotic smell. It should go away in a couple of days. You won't regret your purchase at all, and you should find that the amount of herb you conserve compensates for what you spent on your purchase. Unless, of course, like many of us your consumption goes up because you enjoy it so much more than smoking. But that's a good problem to have. And don't forget to save your abv.

clouded vision

start by wiping everything down with iso (damp towel not soaking so it doesn't drip. The general consensus is three 12 minute cycles at 7 then full charge and you should be good to go. the smell might linger slightly for a couple days but it should be safe and the smell will go away in a couple days

Im starting to have the same problem ppl. are having about the twirling stem... my question is how do i put the o ring that came w/ my pvhe gong into the solo. i do apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked.
the easiest way is to put it on a stem, unscrew the metal cap from your solo p ut the stem all the way in the crucible then put the cap back on over it and screw it on. Be careful not to over tighten the cap, when you feel resistance from the ring compressing stop because you can put too much presure in the 4 screw holes in the bottom and crack the plastic housing. There are actually 2 different style caps so you might be able to screw it all the way back on

420HazeCandykushkush

Hi proud to be a new solo owner got it today! Latest model M1A4

Gonna try to not roll any joints mixed with tobacco after 5years

Not going to be easy to stop the nicotine..

I must say this super silver haze taste really good with the solo

Already did 2 vapesessions vaped at highest temperature 7 hitting it dry

A bit weird in the beginning but i'm getting a little high with the stembowl max filled

I must say it's not the same heavy stoned effect as you get from joints..

Any tips suggestions?

420HazeCandykushkush,

Hummus

charge it up all the way first, then do a dry burn or two on 7. Don't worry if you still have a little robotic smell. It should go away in a couple of days. You won't regret your purchase at all, and you should find that the amount of herb you conserve compensates for what you spent on your purchase.

start by wiping everything down with iso (damp towel not soaking so it doesn't drip. The general consensus is three 12 minute cycles at 7 then full charge and you should be good to go. the smell might linger slightly for a couple days but it should be safe and the smell will go away in a couple days

Welcome to the fun.

IMO a good choice of vapes, I think you'll appreciate your wisdom making it quickly once you get it going.

OF

Thanks for the help, and quick replies. I'm getting more, and more anxious for my Solo to come. I was going to not smoke until it got here, but i'm not so sure anymore.

Hummus,
Reactions: OF

hoptimum

Hi proud to be a new solo owner got it today! Latest model M1A4

Gonna try to not roll any joints mixed with tobacco after 5years

Not going to be easy to stop the nicotine..

I must say this super silver haze taste really good with the solo

Already did 2 vapesessions vaped at highest temperature 7 hitting it dry

A bit weird in the beginning but i'm getting a little high with the stembowl max filled

Any tips suggestions?

Try starting at a lower temperature like 4 for better flavor and dial it up slowly. Also, don't pack the bowl too tight

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
Hello,
I am a newbie here, but Arizer Solo have some time. Unfortunately, it happened to me that the bottom plastic is damaged. I need to get this part even quietly partially damaged. Already have devised a method for repairing. I made ​​replacement metal bottom on CNC that fits perfectly, but my damaged part is unusable. Anybody got some damage this great device?

partp.jpg

kilrtjat

kilrtjat,

Curiousone

Any tips suggestions?

Hey and congrats on the solo. I was also a long time combuster. As you've already figured out, vaping produces a high that is "cleaner or lighter" than combusting. You won't have the same degree of heaviness that you get with smoking--no matter the material...just the nature of the beast.

However, I suggest giving yourself about two weeks of vaping only...you will see the light! It takes a while for your body to adjust to the differences and get used to the "cleaner" high. If you're like I was, you are still fiending to smoke after vaping. This caused me to use a significant amount at first...once my body and mind adjusted, my usage dropped dramatically. I'm vaked most of the time I'm not working and I only use a about a 8th per 2 week period.

One more suggestion, taking a short t-break to bring your tolerance down will speed the adjustment process. A few days to a week is plenty. Hope this helps. Peace

abcva1

I bought the solo about 3 weeks and enjoyed it, however it no longer charges. When I plug it in the blue idle light, 1, 2 and 3 light, and the red charge light just keep blinking. Also, it makes a continuous beep sound. If anyone knows what's up please aware me

abcva1,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
awkwardsauce, did you ask if he can make a glass insert? I guess now we know I imagined it...unless he was just talking about trying :hmm:

Dreamerr,

bluerap00

I bought the solo about 3 weeks and enjoyed it, however it no longer charges. When I plug it in the blue idle light, 1, 2 and 3 light, and the red charge light just keep blinking. Also, it makes a continuous beep sound. If anyone knows what's up please aware me
Not to worry, you've got a common problem and it's most likely your charger. But first search the thread for the reset method, this sometimes fixes it.

If its your charger you'll need to buy a new one from online or radio shack. Check out OF's post above for specifications.

Also remember to use the search function, or read the thread for about 20 pages back to learn a whole lot about your Solo than you might not know now.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Gentle Friends,

The other day I mentioned I was messing around with finding power supplies, both replacement for the charger and for Power Adapter use.
I hope all those links work, they look strange but seem to work when I tested them......

OF

Summary for Order

ItemJameco #QuantityUnit CostTotal
PWR SPLY,TBL,7.5VDC/5.34AMP,F2
2.1mmX5.5mm,100-240VAC,UL,CEC 206529 1 $18.49 $18.49
PLUG,DC,POWER ADAPTER
2.1mm MALE TO 1.7mm FEMALE 2113703 1 $1.49 $1.49
CATALOG 82368 1 $0.00 $0.00
Subtotal: $19.98
Shipping: $5.53
Tax: $1.50
Total for this Order: $27.01

Now I need of of these for my transport.
http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-solo-parts/37-solo-car-charger.html

ataxian,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
Summary for Order

ItemJameco #QuantityUnit CostTotal
PWR SPLY,TBL,7.5VDC/5.34AMP,F2
2.1mmX5.5mm,100-240VAC,UL,CEC 206529 1 $18.49 $18.49
PLUG,DC,POWER ADAPTER
2.1mm MALE TO 1.7mm FEMALE 2113703 1 $1.49 $1.49
CATALOG 82368 1 $0.00 $0.00
Subtotal: $19.98
Shipping: $5.53
Tax: $1.50
Total for this Order: $27.01

Now I need of of these for my transport.
http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-solo-parts/37-solo-car-charger.html

or one of these...mine looks a lil different (slimmer) but ive even plugged my laptop, iphone/ipad charger, my old DB vape, livescribe pen, etc. into it on long trips (my apple cord charger is regularly plugged into this 24/7)...

30434_i_1.jpg

hey dreamerr,

i mentioned it in that message but i think it got lost in everything else he was telling me about...but i sent another message so ill post his reply whenever he can get back to me...eds a really nice dude by the tone of that message.

also, heres the most ghetto-est setup you will prolly see here on fc, but fuck it, i got no shame.

F32_DE975_117_A_4290_8_A87_D9_B014_C6_AD7_B.jpg

the stock arizer solo glass wand brought my old bingy back to life.

10_C30878_7683_4031_BA39_55_AB79_E9630_E.jpg

now i dont need to drop a bunch of $ on a new one with all the features. i actually prefer NOT using ground glass joints anyways so im really happy that i can use this again (the old downstem cracked, which made it useless for the longest time - but not anymore!!!)...

526_A8748_BB39_4_FB7_B010_D8_CB287_EBE94.jpg

i stuffed a few glass beads in the downstem and capped it with 2 scrunched up metal screens to act as a "diffuser" of sorts, but im really not too concerned about that feature...the h2o filtration that it has given me has always been good enough for me. hopefully this inspires another frugal vaporist to save some dough and just imitate the fancier bongs. total cost + $15 (cheap bong from a few years ago) + $3 (glass beads off of ebay) + $0.15 (2 metal screens all folded up to hold the beads in the downstem) = a sub-$20 ghetto-fancy bong for the solo!

C5_EB2_B6_C_2435_45_B3_B4_E5_57550365287_A_2.jpg

just remember to hold it with the downstem totally vertical so the weight of the solo doesnt snap it in half or even use a rubberband to secure the downstem.

54_C74272_8907_45_FC_8802_F059_FEB97_B67.jpg

potential flaws: must load the bowl by hand or by inhale-transferring from stem-to-stem, potential to overstress the downstem & crack/break it (just be careful when using), no ground glass (this is a pro for me tho), & not the prettiest setup to look at...but saves at least $120 for the lowest grade setup.

89_FBA356_1_C6_C_4_E66_B81_B_3_D33_FBDC31_A9.jpg

the yellow beads were a super tiny micron so they tend to stick to wet surfaces...thats why there were some by the top bowl, but they fall down when dry, no biggie...

peace!

poonman

That's how I have mine set-up with my small bubbler .
But I like your diffusing method , I'll have to give it a try .:clap:
BTW , I just prop my solo on my split level desk part , to take the weight off .
Water vaping is awesome , at ' ghetto ' or ' Rodeo Drive ' .

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
quote="akwardsauce, post: 401376, member: 6649"]***

or one of these...mine looks a lil different (slimmer) but ive even plugged my laptop, iphone/ipad charger, my old DB vape, livescribe pen, etc. into it on long trips (my apple cord charger is regularly plugged into this 24/7)...

30434_i_1.jpg

peace![/quote]
Good Tip.
I'll get one.
Thank you!

Top Bottom