Arizer Solo

exit

Cool. So theres no problem with heating it up with weed in the bowl like it is with the NO2?
I just placed an order for a Solo. I've always really wanted one since getting my NO2. Will be happy to have both at last!

exit,

hoptimum

Cool. So theres no problem with heating it up with weed in the bowl like it is with the NO2?
I just placed an order for a Solo. I've always really wanted one since getting my NO2. Will be happy to have both at last!

Its great with a bong, too, and a very versatile, efficient and sweet tasting device.

hoptimum,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Good knowledge. I had a really hard time picking the NO2 or Solo when I bought my NO2. I love it but want something a little different. Might grab that solo then... Would love to hear what anyone else has to say about comparing the two.

Also is it safe to load a bowl to have packed and ready to go? That's my favorite thing about the pax vs my no2.

I have a pre-loaded stem with a cap (I use the ones from my MFLB) and in a SOLO Travel tube on a straight stock glass stem. PLANET VAPES has the caps and travel tubes.

Glass path is the ultimate. (If flavor is important?)
Just smoke a joint and forget vaping if you are afraid of glass parts.
SOLO's are a no brainer!

It's great with a water path, as well as: {versatile; efficient; sweet tasting}!

If flavor is important you will have a SOLO in your quiver of portables.

OF

I too think you'll be happy with Solo. It's very hard to find an owner who doesn't rave about the taste....almost as hard as finding a Pax owner willing to defend the taste there?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I too think you'll be happy with Solo. It's very hard to find an owner who doesn't rave about the taste....almost as hard as finding a Pax owner willing to defend the taste there?

OF

Don't be bashing one product in another product's thread. There are actually lots of people who defend the Pax's flavour.

pakalolo,

clouded vision

Don't be bashing one product in another product's thread. There are actually lots of people who defend the Pax's flavour.
Really? When I was researching portables that was one thing that I kept reading over and over, that it wasn't the best flavor. I have no personal experience with the pax but from what I have read here and other forums and reviews the solo blows the pax away in terms of flavor. Of course that doesn't mean the pax, or any other quality unit, deserves to be bashed as they all have their place.

tepictoton

Don't start treating facts as bashing please;) (just kidding, but I do not feel OF was directly bashing the Pax)

Everything considered I do not think there is another vape that comes close to the solo in regards to flavor...If one considers the price point, the realibility, ease of use, and so on, the solo to my feeling stands out. (it does come second when compared to my minivap, but that is on another budget, and as such cannot really be compared...)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Really? When I was researching portables that was one thing that I kept reading over and over, that it wasn't the best flavor. I have no personal experience with the pax but from what I have read here and other forums and reviews the solo blows the pax away in terms of flavor. Of course that doesn't mean the pax, or any other quality unit, deserves to be bashed as they all have their place.

This isn't about whether the Solo has better flavour than the Pax, it's about the fact that the comparison was unnecessary and inaccurate, not to mention inappropriate.

Here are a couple of rules for you to ponder:

• Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
Don't start treating facts as bashing please;)(just kidding, but I do not feel OF was directly bashing the Pax)

See above. It's not a fact, quite the opposite. It's actually quite easy.

pakalolo,

OF

Understood. But if you check back a few posts the OP was specifically asking about Solo or (another) Pax. That was what I was responding to, perhaps I should have included that? Being a current Pax owner, I'd expect him to relate to the taste issue (and believe it was part of his search).

I don't see it as bashing Pax (although I see how some might.....) as much as being responsive. While I have not read the entire thread on Pax (perhaps half?), I don't think I saw a single case of anyone claiming Pax taste was superior to Solo, the counter opinion (Solo has better taste) is, I think, common.

Again, I'm not bashing Pax, but trying to respond to a posed question.

OF

clouded vision

I wasn't discussing your decision or debating your interpretation of the rules I was asking you to defend your statement
There are actually lots of people who defend the Pax's flavour.
Like I said I have no personal experience with the pax so I am only going on what I have read & heard several times about the flavor profile of the pax. In fact the OP himself even says the he does not love the flavor of the pax.
I can't say I love the PAX flavor.

Again I am not arguing with anyone, especially a mod, but trying to have a healthy discussion about one unit's flavor over another. If the flavor is truly there, I think a lot of solo owners would be interested in knowing that.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Understood. But if you check back a few posts the OP was specifically asking about Solo or (another) Pax. That was what I was responding to, perhaps I should have included that? Being a current Pax owner, I'd expect him to relate to the taste issue (and believe it was part of his search).

I don't see it as bashing Pax (although I see how some might.....) as much as being responsive. While I have not read the entire thread on Pax (perhaps half?), I don't think I saw a single case of anyone claiming Pax taste was superior to Solo, the counter opinion (Solo has better taste) is, I think, common.

Again, I'm not bashing Pax, but trying to respond to a posed question.

OF

I shouldn't have to repeat this:

This isn't about whether the Solo has better flavour than the Pax, it's about the fact that the comparison was unnecessary and inaccurate, not to mention inappropriate.

It's permissible to discuss the merits of one device versus another. It's not permissible to deride one of them in the process:

...almost as hard as finding a Pax owner willing to defend the taste there?

OF

I wasn't discussing your decision or debating your interpretation of the rules I was asking you to defend your statement

Like I said I have no personal experience with the pax so I am only going on what I have read & heard several times about the flavor profile of the pax. In fact the OP himself even says the he does not love the flavor of the pax.

Again I am not arguing with anyone, especially a mod, but trying to have a healthy discussion about one unit's flavor over another. If the flavor is truly there, I think a lot of solo owners would be interested in knowing that.

You have a strange way of not arguing. Have you read the Pax thread? There are plenty of Pax owners who have said they find the flavour excellent. I don't happen to agree but that isn't the point. OF said it was hard to find anyone who would defend the taste, implying that it was so bad no one would defend it. That's unfair and more important here, untrue. Is that defense enough for you?

If either of you want to continue this discussion, please take it to PMs. This will be the last post on this subject.

Edit: Apparently I also have committed this error:

I can pull vapour from the FV in conduction mode just as thick as the Pax on red. It's just a matter of technique. With the S2 kit, it takes no effort at all. The best part is that unlike the Pax, it doesn't taste like crap.

Emphasis added. That doesn't mean it's okay. I should be more careful.

pakalolo,

Yoshi

Woah
hey guys, im paranoid about getting cussed out about "not searching before posting", but i could not really find the answers i was looking for before posting this & its been 3hrs...so if thats going to be your reply, could you please at least link me to the posts that do answer my questions if you happen to know them?

so:

1. anyone know any other stems that can be used on the solo that arent made of glass? (excluding eds tnt wood stems)...for instance any nylon/stainless steel stems or something more durable thats not wood (since you cant soak wood in iso alcohol)?

2. has anyone ever thought about or tried to place a screen on at the bottom of the heater "cup" (between the heater and the rim of the stem) so that small debris do not fall underneath the cleanable area or into those little holes when you hold it upside-down (like a drinking glass with straw) & make it smell like abv forever?

3. i think this is the cheapest price ive seen (newest model with mfg warranty: Arizer Solo Portable Vaporizer - Massdrop - $128.43 with shipping but deal ends in like 42hrs). im planning on doing this, depending on the answers to my questions above...but must act fairly quickly...

4. can anyone tell me the outer diameter of the stems or the inner diameter of the silver heating site?

5. does anyone happen to know the outer diameter of UNDER DOG vapes' stainless steel nylon stems by any chance?

6. im planning on keeping this as an at-home vape (kind of like a log vape) with the option to take it out here & there. keeping a bunch of resinated glass pieces conveniently around just seems a little too scary to someone who might come across it who is not supposed to. on the other hand, my old nylon zap stems would not really even get noticed since they just look like some kind of tool or piece to furniture or whatever...glass bowls are just too obvious & delicate...any suggestions for stealthiness/ability to blend into a pencil holder-cup? does anyone have the ability to fashion some kind of stainless steel stem that would not get super hot to the touch?

thanks in advance for any suggestions & thanks for reading!

1. Not that I know of, refer to Dreamerr's suggestion

2. Yep, I have one in mine.

3. If you're comfy with it go for it.

4. .583" (14.8mm)

5. No, sorry.

6. There's a stealth stem that PlanetVape sells for stealth cups.

hey guys, im paranoid about getting cussed out about "not searching before posting", but i could not really find the answers i was looking for before posting this & its been 3hrs...so if thats going to be your reply, could you please at least link me to the posts that do answer my questions if you happen to know them?

so:

1. anyone know any other stems that can be used on the solo that arent made of glass? (excluding eds tnt wood stems)...for instance any nylon/stainless steel stems or something more durable thats not wood (since you cant soak wood in iso alcohol)?

2. has anyone ever thought about or tried to place a screen on at the bottom of the heater "cup" (between the heater and the rim of the stem) so that small debris do not fall underneath the cleanable area or into those little holes when you hold it upside-down (like a drinking glass with straw) & make it smell like abv forever?

3. i think this is the cheapest price ive seen (newest model with mfg warranty: Arizer Solo Portable Vaporizer - Massdrop - $128.43 with shipping but deal ends in like 42hrs). im planning on doing this, depending on the answers to my questions above...but must act fairly quickly...

4. can anyone tell me the outer diameter of the stems or the inner diameter of the silver heating site?

5. does anyone happen to know the outer diameter of UNDER DOG vapes' stainless steel nylon stems by any chance?

6. im planning on keeping this as an at-home vape (kind of like a log vape) with the option to take it out here & there. keeping a bunch of resinated glass pieces conveniently around just seems a little too scary to someone who might come across it who is not supposed to. on the other hand, my old nylon zap stems would not really even get noticed since they just look like some kind of tool or piece to furniture or whatever...glass bowls are just too obvious & delicate...any suggestions for stealthiness/ability to blend into a pencil holder-cup? does anyone have the ability to fashion some kind of stainless steel stem that would not get super hot to the touch?

thanks in advance for any suggestions & thanks for reading!

2. I use PlanetVape ultrafine fitted screens in mine.

3. Puffitup has it for 160 or 190 with the power adapter free shipping

5. From what I understand UD stems do not fit tightly in the solo

6. If you get the travel tubes that PlanetVape has that are mentioned in this thread you can easily stash the stems away in a drawer out of sight/smell

Good luck if you decide to purchase a solo. I've had mine for 5 months now and use it daily its a really fantastic device

ou812?

Hello to All,I am new here and it will most likely show, but for the life of me I cant find the prompt to start a new thread.I have read over the rules and checked every where, asked in the search prompt but still no place where I can start a new thread.I have a small problem with an M1A. All works fine but after a weeks use the stem now swivels and flops around, not nice n snug like it was after the tutorial of inserting it for the 1st time. Any fixes, I read that the new ones were supposed to stop that with an O-ring.Will a new o ring be the ticket?
Also on level 5, is 6-7 sessions normal amount of time on a fully charged batt.? I can get more but when I do turn it on there are no levels of charge left but will heat the chamber up and perform,BUT was told you dont want to deplete the LI-ON batts all the way down, and was reading (so much conflicting info on this )also not to over charge it either, Wish there was a true tutorial on LI-ON battery usage, charging and tips on how to maximize its potential. Should or can you leave it on charge for more than 4 hhrs.? or should you d/c it after the 4 hour time frame? Thank you to all, sorry if I did something wrong here but I might be missing it but still cannot find NEW THREAD prompt,so sorry :-(

ou812?,
Reactions: OF

clouded vision

welcome, no need to start a new thread. your question is posted in the right place and the mods would probably move it here anyway. The o-rings that were talked about were an aftermarket mod that someone came up with and OF perfected. all you do is unscrew the top metal cap the put a size 113 high temp o-ring in there and screw the top back on. that has solved everyone's spinning stem problem. I would guess you could get even more sessions out of a full battery in a pinch bityour are right you don't want to fully discharge the battery if possible. from what I have gathered arizer adjusted the battery readout so that it would display empty long before it actually is on the newer models to prevent people from fully discharging

Hello to All,I am new here and it will most likely show, but for the life of me I cant find the prompt to start a new thread.I have read over the rules and checked every where, asked in the search prompt but still no place where I can start a new thread.I have a small problem with an M1A. All works fine but after a weeks use the stem now swivels and flops around, not nice n snug like it was after the tutorial of inserting it for the 1st time. Any fixes, I read that the new ones were supposed to stop that with an O-ring.Will a new o ring be the ticket?
Also on level 5, is 6-7 sessions normal amount of time on a fully charged batt.? I can get more but when I do turn it on there are no levels of charge left but will heat the chamber up and perform,BUT was told you dont want to deplete the LI-ON batts all the way down, and was reading (so much conflicting info on this )also not to over charge it either, Wish there was a true tutorial on LI-ON battery usage, charging and tips on how to maximize its potential. Should or can you leave it on charge for more than 4 hhrs.? or should you d/c it after the 4 hour time frame? Thank you to all, sorry if I did something wrong here but I might be missing it but still cannot find NEW THREAD prompt,so sorry :-(

There is no way to start a new thread. There are dedicated threads for each vape basically so you're in the right place.

My M1A3 has that problem, got the o-ring from planetvape and it fixed the problem for me you just need to be careful that its centered properly and that the cap isn't over-tightened or you can easily break stems trying to force them into the heater.

Not entirely sure on how many bowls you can do on temp 5 because I mostly use the power adapter but I've heard around 5-7 sessions.

When I do charge mine I leave it plugged in overnight so sometimes its finished charging but still plugged in. I don't really see that as too much of an issue personally.

GreenEmber,

OF

I have a small problem with an M1A. All works fine but after a weeks use the stem now swivels and flops around, not nice n snug like it was after the tutorial of inserting it for the 1st time. Any fixes, I read that the new ones were supposed to stop that with an O-ring.Will a new o ring be the ticket?

Also on level 5, is 6-7 sessions normal amount of time on a fully charged batt.? I can get more but when I do turn it on there are no levels of charge left but will heat the chamber up and perform,BUT was told you dont want to deplete the LI-ON batts all the way down,

First off, howdy, welcome to the fun! Solo was a good call on your part, IMO.

I think your questions are correctly posted here.

Yes, loose stems happen as the seal 'breaks in' and is quite normal, in fact it improves air flow some IMO. In some cases many of us have used a fairly special o-ring (has to be special high temperature, not normal hardware store stuff) to keep it tighter (but I ended up notching mine to let the air past). I believe PV now supplies this special size 113 ring? It doesn't work in all cases, it seems there's two different cap thicknesses, the thicker one (about 'a dime thick') doesn't let the cap screw down:

That battery performance seems normal. Your understanding squares with mine, lifespan of the battery is easily doubled (and more) if not discharged completely (or always charged to the absolute maximum). I make it a practice to use it for at most one more session when the bottom light alone is lit and to disconnect the charge when the top one lights even if the charge is not complete. I think this practice (stopping early) costs me at most one session.

If I was further from power I might take a longer view on discharging, but I see no reason to kill the battery off earlier to get an additional session or two per charge.

Just my take, of course, but I think you're on the right path.

Neat vapes, aren't they?

OF

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
1. Not that I know of, refer to Dreamerr's suggestion

2. Yep, I have one in mine.

3. If you're comfy with it go for it.

4. .583" (14.8mm)

5. No, sorry.

6. There's a stealth stem that PlanetVape sells for stealth cups.

damn...just got a phone call from india that my 108 year old grandma just died (1904 - 2013)...sorry to mention that & be a downer, but i feel like her lifespan was a great feat. i feel like shit for even posting about such trivial stuff at this moment but i guess time doesnt give a shit about anyone and just keeps moving at its own reliable pace - as it should. didnt mean to derail this thread either & i know that everyone experiences death several times throughout their lives in some way. its just amazing to think about how much change she has actually witnessed with her own eyes.

EDIT:

OF, its crazy hearing about stories from our grandparents. their lives are our history lessons in school - just reading about them makes it seem like it never happened - like some sort of fairytale. im sure our grandmas would have got along well & had many interesting stories to tell us. one that i always think about is how she and her parents marched with gandhi when she was a kid (gandhi marched everywhere, btw)...wow my grandma lived from the time of the british raj all the way to the internet age & DNA sciences! everyone should respect & hear stories from their elders as much as they can before its too late.

i wonder what historical events will we deem the most epic when our time is done. 9/11, obama, berlin wall, the internet's ability to share ideas and information to anyone just like this, mapping of the human genome & cloning...possibly the cure for cancer/renewable energy source/teleportation? i wonder if it will be as astonishing as the timespan of the last 100 years. she went from the fastest way to explore far away distances was the horse driven chariot (or ships) to cars to airplanes to space shuttles to facetime on my goddamn PHONE!!! gotta give it up for the ingenuity of human beings...

thanks everyone for ur kind words...i just thought about how ironic this is posting on FC, but tomorrow my grandma will be burned to ashes.

from ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

back to the solo...

thanks, yoshi & dreamerr...yes i was trying to search for these "glass inserts" but couldnt really find much about them...dreamerr mentioned them on april 2, 2013...

...then i saw some pics from vaporguy who said he got his from a random shop in amsterdam (nov 13, 2012) & he had to file the inside of his wooden stem to fit it inside there...does anyone know if ed actually sells them so all this work can be avoided?

thanks again & in advance for everyones help & thoughts...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not entirely sure on how many bowls you can do on temp 5 because I mostly use the power adapter but I've heard around 5-7 sessions.

I use level 3 dry and level 4 with WATER PATH.
It seems like I must be doing something wrong?
Most people like yourself use a higher Temperature setting.
However Flavor is way to important to me personally.

I find it disrespectful to the growers of cannabis to destroy the flavor of well grown flowers!
I thought site is call F$#@ Combustion not duplicate Combustion?

I use level 3 dry and level 4 with WATER PATH.
It seems like I must be doing something wrong?
Most people like yourself use a higher Temperature setting.
However Flavor is way to important to me personally.

I find it disrespectful to the growers of cannabis to destroy the flavor of well grown flowers!
I thought site is call F$#@ Combustion not duplicate Combustion?

I start at temp 4 dry and go to 5 in the daytime and at night I do 4-5-6 for the more sedating effects.

OF

damn...just got a phone call from india that my 108 year old grandma just died (1904 - 2013)...sorry to mention that & be a downer, but i feel like her lifespan was a great feat.

its just amazing to think about how much change she has actually witnessed with her own eyes.

Heartfelt condolences for your family's loss. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. One of my grandmothers was a 'Grapes of Wrath' Oakie, weathered the dust bowl, depression, sons going to war, and many of the truly trying times I only read about. Such folks have a perspective, strength and dignity from that history we can only envy from the side. The very best we can hope for is a fraction of their full lives IMO.

Thanks for the off topic comment, it's good to pause and reflect some before resuming our normal routines here. Man does not live by vape alone, you know.

OF

ou812?

First off, howdy, welcome to the fun! Solo was a good call on your part, IMO.

I think your questions are correctly posted here.

Yes, loose stems happen as the seal 'breaks in' and is quite normal, in fact it improves air flow some IMO. In some cases many of us have used a fairly special o-ring (has to be special high temperature, not normal hardware store stuff) to keep it tighter (but I ended up notching mine to let the air past). I believe PV now supplies this special size 113 ring? It doesn't work in all cases, it seems there's two different cap thicknesses, the thicker one (about 'a dime thick') doesn't let the cap screw down:

That battery performance seems normal. Your understanding squares with mine, lifespan of the battery is easily doubled (and more) if not discharged completely (or always charged to the absolute maximum). I make it a practice to use it for at most one more session when the bottom light alone is lit and to disconnect the charge when the top one lights even if the charge is not complete. I think this practice (stopping early) costs me at most one session.

If I was further from power I might take a longer view on discharging, but I see no reason to kill the battery off earlier to get an additional session or two per charge.

Just my take, of course, but I think you're on the right path.

Neat vapes, aren't they?

OF
Thank You to all for their info and experience.great place here,I'm an old burner and only smoked natures medicine since I was 16 now pushing fity-five. The vaporizer thing is awesome,finally no more tar and the rest of the crap from the c- word!! Love this unit,I pack it up in a little zippered pouch and had some very dense foam,cut out a block and a nice little slit in it and slid the stem in there , threw it in the saddle bag and went for a ride and don't you know it, was a big hit with my brother riders who are old burners like me and all got on the train and all own em and cant stop raving about em.
What grind do you use medium to fine , do you ever put small pieces in opened up sort of, what works well? looking for tips to maximize experience, Any sequence in heat that you prefer,I see some have multiple heat range usage starting low and ending high, any benefit,or the reason why one would?.

I haven't vaped any thing that would be what the locals here call reg's (1/2 the price of anything decent) and was wondering due to the nature of vaping,would BUNK taste good also or is it because most of us are using good quality (why would you want to use anything else,right?) that the taste is just that good?. I'm sold,the amount i'm using is less and I'm experiencing a better high.
The stem bowl amount ,when I was com-busting I could hit that once on a bong no problem and I would get 2 out of it in a stem of similar size, now this on #5 with the same amount a great 4-5 heavy rips and honestly I have to turn the bad boy off early most of the time,and still turning it back on later and taking another 2 good rips before shit canning it to the cookie depot. IMO that's great!!

Loving Life with this friend hanging around.I did notice it looks well built,fit n finish on mine is nice,couldnt be happier!! Simplicity of use and maintenance is 2nd to none.I hope the company marches on with something eventually smaller and a bit more battery power,and a dual usage power/charger, but if not, this will continue to fill the need very nicely.

What grind do you use medium to fine , do you ever put small pieces in opened up sort of, what works well? looking for tips to maximize experience, Any sequence in heat that you prefer,I see some have multiple heat range usage starting low and ending high, any benefit,or the reason why one would?.

I usually use a medium grind as I find it gives a more even taste but you can do without grinding in the solo easily just break a nug into a couple pieces stick em in and you're good to go.

Like i said during the day I usually do 4 and then 5. Could start at 3 but I enjoy visible vapour so I like to start at 4. Usually temp 6 or 7 makes it hard to function during the day after a big bowl or two.

At night when I'm trying to unwind and relax and fight insomnia I do a few bowls 4 to 5 and then either 6 or 7 usually only 7 when using a bubbler or other water tool. The higher temp vaping includes lots of sedation :)

Edit: The main benefits of working your way up the temps is longer sessions and less harsh vapour. It will probably drain the battery more than if you just started at a higher temp. I mostly use mine on the power adapter and prefer longer sessions most of the time :)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
akwardsauce, btw love the name, I wrote that cause I remembered reading it I think from ed. I suggest you just PM him and when you get the answer let us know so we can put it to rest either way. Maybe if I imagined it he can do it custom for you. That might be the way it happened the first time again if I wasn't dreaming....after all my name is dreamerr.

Condolences to you and your family. My aunt just died at 102 same week of her birthday but she hit the number first. The nicest, kind hearted person you ever met. I don't say that about anyone so that means a lot.

Greenember, I don't understand about visible vapor in your post because at 3 you get amazing visible vapor. Even at 2 you can get vv but I forget if it is huge or not since I don't use 2. I am not sure what you are doing not to get the vv at 3. I can smoke out a room if I so desired.

clouded vision

Different cannabinoids are vaporized at different temperatures. using lower temps will release more THC and less CBD & CBN this equates to a more heady high without much sedation but also less pain relief. higher temps will release the others which birth have a sedative effect. I have also read but cannot verify (maybe someone rise here can) that CBD &CBN can counteract the psychoactive properties of THC. in other words higher temps will be more of a body stone with a lot of couch lock.
Please remember these are general guidelines as several other factors will affect the high as well, indica vs sativa, Different starts, the age of your herb as THC oxidizes it turns to CBN

Top Bottom