Arizer Solo

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
How does your solo indicate the battery level? Does it show 4/5 7/7 lights or will it only show a single #4 light or a single #7 light?

Edit: I'm just using 4 and 7 as examples

Kevdog420,

bluerap00

it lights up every light up to it's indicated level, e.g., lights 1 through 4 will be lit up to indicate the battery is 4/7ths full

bluerap00,

bluerap00

Kevdog, are you letting go of the buttons as soon as the blue light flashes the 2nd time when turning the unit on? I find that if you continue to hold the buttons, it sometimes doesn't show the battery level.

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Kevdog, are you letting go of the buttons as soon as the blue light flashes the 2nd time when turning the unit on? I find that if you continue to hold the buttons, it sometimes doesn't show the battery level.
Good advice, I will try this for sure.

Now my solo is charging and it has the green flashing charging indicator, the blue idle light, and the #1 light on at the same time. What does this mean? Is it normal?

Kevdog420,

HSIHP

Good advice, I will try this for sure.

Now my solo is charging and it has the green flashing charging indicator, the blue idle light, and the #1 light on at the same time. What does this mean? Is it normal?

This mean your battery is only at level one. As it charges the lights will come on and when the green light stops blinking (after all seven are lit up) it's done!

HSIHP,
Reactions: OF

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
This mean your battery is only at level one. As it charges the lights will come on and when the green light stops blinking (after all seven are lit up) it's done!
Ok thanks. I guess I was just tripping about my battery indicator. Everything is working good and the solo is great!

Also how would you say the thickness of vapor of the solo is compared to the pax?

Kevdog420,

qcee

Hi, i have had my solo almost 5 weeks,uk, paid, £180, stil best thing i have ever bought, i currently vaporbonging out of a 7" blass tiny bong, (£3 car bootie sale) blows ur titts off combustion or vape or wateva,
sorry if that not allowed,
thing is the solo stem fits into the bowl of my bong, but not tight its loose, like a tube getting gradually bigger (the bowl stem) so the solo stem does fit but unless I let the bowl resin up, i dont get a good fit!... Just wondering if any1 here had any ideas on how to make the stem fit in bowl air tight, dont wanna use gum incase it get to hot, just something other than resin so i can keep it clean ( :D ) I mean it does stay but needs to be precise,hard after a few vongs yeah? haha, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot your vonged up friend, QCee

qcee,

qcee

qcee
you could try an o ring ,rubber band, piece of silicone hose, electric tape, ...
would electric to be safe to use, plenty of that, and silicone guns, just didnt want to try anything that could be bad health wise .

qcee,

al bundy

Vaporist
I've used electric tape and rubber band on stock stem before I got my gong stem.
For me it was half way up the stem and no issues at all.

al bundy,
Reactions: qcee

qcee

I've used electric tape and rubber band on stock stem before I got my gong stem.
For me it was half way up the stem and no issues at all.
yeah were i will be putting it will actually be out of the vapor path anyway, just dont want to make my bad respiritatory system worse lol

qcee,

poonman

would electric to be safe to use, plenty of that, and silicone guns, just didnt want to try anything that could be bad health wise .

I use a small bubbler like yours .
I prefer O-rings , I first started with just 1 , then 2 O-rings .
I've settled on 3 , with the 3rd/last one being slightly thicker .
That helps push the first 2 O-rings deeper and give it a better seal .

It works like a charm .

qcee

thanks,
I use a small bubbler like yours .
I prefer O-rings , I first started with just 1 , then 2 O-rings .
I've settled on 3 , with the 3rd/last one being slightly thicker .
That helps push the first 2 O-rings deeper and give it a better seal .

It works like a charm .
il give the 0 - rings a try and post my outcomes, thanks fc'ers

qcee,

Chill Dude

Okay, so my Solo won't turn on. No lights or anything. I plugged it into the charger and the bottom blum light and the first 3 yellow lights are blinking erratically. Waited about 15 minutes unplugged from the charger and still won't turn on WTF.... Any ideas??

Chill Dude,

OF

Solo is not charging again :( It is doing the 3 light dance and resetting it like I have been doing for the past few days is not working. Can someone assist with where to go from here?

Edit: Now it works again. :shrug:

Since you didn't fix anything it's still broken, right? It will go out when it's least convenient for you, these things are really pretty smart. They use the same technology developed for photo copiers, the one that causes a jam if you're in a hurry?

What you have is a bad charger. More accurately a marginal one. It's putting out less than 12 Volts. If it gets down to 11 or so the 'light show' starts showing it's 'too low to charge, but too high to run PA mode'.

A charger replacement is in order, either a warranty one or the Radio Shack unit with their "B Adaptaplug". You can also use the car charger cord of course.

Okay, so my Solo won't turn on. No lights or anything. I plugged it into the charger and the bottom blum light and the first 3 yellow lights are blinking erratically. Waited about 15 minutes unplugged from the charger and still won't turn on WTF.... Any ideas??

You too have the same charger issue. Your battery is flat now and won't charge because of out of spec voltage. You need the same fix as the fellow above, just it's more pressing in your case.

You can also cut the end off the factory cable and splice it to any handy one Amp 12VDC 'wall wort' you've got handy (a very common size for battery chargers and similar stuff).

Good luck, as you know it's worth getting running right.

OF

mlo4sho

Since you didn't fix anything it's still broken, right? It will go out when it's least convenient for you, these things are really pretty smart. They use the same technology developed for photo copiers, the one that causes a jam if you're in a hurry?

What you have is a bad charger. More accurately a marginal one. It's putting out less than 12 Volts. If it gets down to 11 or so the 'light show' starts showing it's 'too low to charge, but too high to run PA mode'.

A charger replacement is in order, either a warranty one or the Radio Shack unit with their "B Adaptaplug". You can also use the car charger cord of course.

You too have the same charger issue. Your battery is flat now and won't charge because of out of spec voltage. You need the same fix as the fellow above, just it's more pressing in your case.

You can also cut the end off the factory cable and splice it to any handy one Amp 12VDC 'wall wort' you've got handy (a very common size for battery chargers and similar stuff).

Good luck, as you know it's worth getting running right.

OF
Thank you for your post OF and I agree... it's broken (again) and I'm tired of trying work-arounds just to get it to work for a short period. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction of this replacement charger? I'm so bad in this area I wouldn't know where to start.

mlo4sho,

OF

Thank you for your post OF and I agree... it's broken (again) and I'm tired of trying work-arounds just to get it to work for a short period. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction of this replacement charger? I'm so bad in this area I wouldn't know where to start.

Sure, if I can. Like I said, there's reported to be a Radio Shack part that works, if you have a local store, take the bad charger in and show them:
Arizer Solo

If it were me I'd go to Jameco and get one each of these guys:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...0001&productId=170245&catalogId=10001&CID=PDF
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=2113703&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&krypto=x1uyHxOGKzro4cUer8GODA==&ddkey=https:CookieLogon

The first is a very common supply (you may have one, they're common on battery chargers and such) and the second part is the adapter for the 'funny little connector' used on Solo. Jameco's a top notch o outfit, fast and cheap shipping, good stuff. They also have some nice 'table top supplies' if you poke around some, I generally like that style better for semi permanent set ups like this.

I charge mine on a very similar rig about half the time.

Good luck.

OF

mlo4sho

Sure, if I can. Like I said, there's reported to be a Radio Shack part that works, if you have a local store, take the bad charger in and show them:
Arizer Solo

If it were me I'd go to Jameco and get one each of these guys:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...0001&productId=170245&catalogId=10001&CID=PDF
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=2113703&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&krypto=x1uyHxOGKzro4cUer8GODA==&ddkey=https:CookieLogon

The first is a very common supply (you may have one, they're common on battery chargers and such) and the second part is the adapter for the 'funny little connector' used on Solo. Jameco's a top notch o outfit, fast and cheap shipping, good stuff. They also have some nice 'table top supplies' if you poke around some, I generally like that style better for semi permanent set ups like this.

I charge mine on a very similar rig about half the time.

Good luck.

OF
Thank you once again for all your help OF. :tup:

mlo4sho,

OF

Thank you once again for all your help OF. :tup:

You're welcome. You know what to expect, right? Let your charger know the replacement is on order and it'll straighten up and fly right.....

Don't fall for it.

OF, does your head hurt with all that wealth of information you carry in it. It hurts me just thinking about how much you know. (((OF))) a hug just in case it does;)

Naw, I'm just in my element here. This stuff all makes sense since I raised beer money with it for a lot of years.

So, thanks for the hug, but it's not necessary. No headache......'cept when the little voices won't leave me alone of course.....

OF

Techn!d0n

I for one still have to say that the solo is the best vape for the value out there. The only down I see to this vape is that it does not allow for very low temp vaping. Now that I have owned this thing for over almost two months I can say that the battery is good not great. For those that are hooked on the solo should invest into a PA... I am trying to track one down that is not too expensive. Any suggestions.? Or should I look into the solution that OF stated before in this monster thread to get a universal charger... hmmm decisions decisions..... :hmm:

Techn!d0n,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom