Arizer Solo

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Vaped Ape said:
Anyone have an infared gun that they could double ck some of the readings to see if theirs has dropped off since new? I get well into the 300'sF when I briefly point the gun at kitchen stove burner.

Wikipedia: IR Thermometer said:
By knowing the amount of infrared energy emitted by the object and its emissivity, the object's temperature can be determined most of the time.

So you need to calibrate the IR gun for the material you are trying to read. i have had better luck using a digital BBQ thermometer where the probe is in direct contact with a spot on the object. i measure the heat variation top to bottom of the 1.5" oven tube (in the BT, but same idea applies) - hottest in the middle, 40F lower at the ends.

Hippie Dickie,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
vape4life said:
I'm now starting to realize more and more that less is more with the stems...i find with a decent grind that I can get bigger clouds than with a full pack. And even with it 1/2 packed the clouds keep going for what seems forever.

I've started experimenting with lesser amounts as well, since it usually takes me 3 12 minute-sessions to finish a bowl. I now fill up half the bowl with little pieces of stems and than pack the other half with finely ground weed on top. Still takes me 2 12 minutes sessions to finish it, lol

OhTheAgony,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Hello again all

Im still reading the thread on a daily basis.
I got My Solo today so have checked the box and have a few more questions as i bought it off ebay and you never know what you might get.

I did not get any instructions in the box, should i of ? its just i have no idea really how to work it.
also the solo came in a brown unmarked box with a charger 2 stems and a dish, is this complete?

Cant wait to try it out but my wife wont let me touch it till saturday as its my birthday present.

Thanks
Lefthook

Lefthook,

al bundy

Vaporist
I got mine from eBay too.
I had instructions and mine was in a plain box too
Yes it's complete the instructions may be in the brown box
Charge it Friday night and you can wake and bake on Sat morning.

al bundy,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Aha thats exactly what i had been planning to do , love a bit of wake n bake.
Searched all the boxes and no instructions to be found at all.

Lefthook,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Ohtheagony - Thank you so much, i really appreciate you taking the time to do that.
And thanks for the happy birthday - 33 on saturday and this might just be the best Birthday present i have had. I will post something on sunday to let you know of my first vaping experiance.

Lefthook,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Lefthook said:
Aha thats exactly what i had been planning to do , love a bit of wake n bake.
Searched all the boxes and no instructions to be found at all.

I have a scanner but the optics seem to be screwed. Hopefully someone will scan the 4 short pages and post here.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
thanks planet vape , thats just what i was looking for , and thanks to all for helping.
Now i just got to wait till saturday morning and then i will be vaping solo!!!!

Lefthook,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh well, at least you got something to read for now ;)

Perhaps you could also do a short burn in beforehand to save you some time saturday. Just put it on 7 for one or two 12-minute-cycles should do the trick.

Enjoy!

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
My burn in (for the smell to go away) was many, many more cycles than 1 or 2 on my replacement.

OhTheAgony said:
Oh well, at least you got something to read for now ;)

Perhaps you could also do a short burn in beforehand to save you some time saturday. Just put it on 7 for one or two 12-minute-cycles should do the trick.

Enjoy!

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I guess it seems to vary from unit to unit. I did just one cycle on mine but there was hardly any smell even then.

OhTheAgony,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
No burn in here, no odd smell here. The only smell I can detect is the smell of the heated ceramic. All of my friends DBV and mine when I had one also would smell like this if you were crazy enough to put your nose near that heating element.

But electrical smell? No way, not here. So far I have been very fortunate and have no signs of chipping either.

aesthyrian,
Are you people saying that when I get my Solo this afternoon that I won't be able to just charge it and use it right away? I have to do a burn off? I know with my Da buddha I ran it on full blast for like a half hour but to have to run it through multiple cycles? I don't think so. If I have to do that I'll be sending it right back to get a new one.

VapeNStone,

al bundy

Vaporist
Lefthook you should have wife charge it for you on Friday and let it run through 2-3 cycles on 7 to do the burn off.
i dont remember doing any pre burning but it cant hurt.
you will get 2-3 EASY on 1 charge.
then on Saturday no waiting just vaping
Happy birthday ahh 33 i remember it like it was 13 years ago :D

enjoy.
also you should email who you bought the Solo from and get the instructions.

just caught Oh The Agonys post ;)

al bundy,

Vaped Ape

"Are you people saying that when I get my Solo this afternoon that I won't be able to just charge it and use it right away?"

Mine came with a partial charge. I charged for about an hour. No smell on mine so not sure if you will have to do a burn off. I would charge it,put it on 7 for a 12 min cycle and in the meantime grind or otherwise prepare your herb. Then cut it back to 3 and have at it. It will take a bit of experimenting. It will not draw like a pipe. Some guys pull their ass off. I like to draw very slow,being careful not to draw through your nose or around the mouthpiece. Easy does it. Vaping is tame compared to combusting. Enjoy. Don't get discouraged but rather perfect your technique. A screen is helpful if you take care not to bottom out the screen entirely.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It comes about half charged. I gave it about three minutes to burn off, then launched straight in for a couple of tester stems before charging all the way. To be honest I haven't really experienced any smell issues at all. Maybe that first stem, but it's hard to recollect. Nothing significant anyhow.

WatTyler,

al bundy

Vaporist
^^^^^ yep i couldn't wait either that's pretty much what i did.
i had no smell as,aesthyrian said"The only smell I can detect is the smell of the heated ceramic."

just to clarify i had NO electronic smell at all but you may smell the heater
i also have the no2,no plastic smell but i can smell the heater on it too.

al bundy,
I only paid $30 more and got it from a nice reputable website. I'm not saying that place isn't trustworthy its just that I know for a fact Puffitup is and I'll pay the extra $30 for the fact that I know I will be taken care of.

VapeNStone,

Vaped Ape

+1 Puffitup

Anybody have any new screen positioning info to pass on. I think I am going to try a more course cut on the herb as fine cut shake makes great clouds but it packs the screen quickly. I constantly have to rake a pick across the screen and tap out the residual. About every 8-10 bowls I have to pull the screen and clean.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
Top Bottom