Arizer Solo

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
This one will be there quicker I think:

no link text

I might order one myself just to try.

edit: done. With a little luck it'll be here by the end of this week. Good finds guys, lets hope it doesn't fry my Solo :)

edit nr.2: Crap, I only just noticed it's shipped from Singapore. Sorry, never mind this post.

OhTheAgony,

Kaptan

I will try to stop in a Gamestop today with my SOLO to see if the PS2 slim power supply will work. I'm sure the workers there would be down for a sesh. :ko:

McNerdius said:
The difference lies in the potential for shitty experiences in dealing with resellers regarding warranty and similar issues. Do yourself a favor and buy it from puffitup dot com if you haven't bought it already. I understand they are an authorized reseller, and an excellent reseller in general. Using the promotional code found somewhere in the vicinity of 2/3 the way down post 1021 it can be had for $231 free US shipping. It's the best way to go right now, if money is your #1 concern.

VapeNStone said:
Well I might go ahead and purchase one of these and hope it doesn't have this smell that everyone keeps talking about. I looked everywhere and it seems the going rate of one of these is $289 but I decided to go on Ebay and I found it for $184 why so much of a difference?

edit: my own personal experience with puffitup, albeit limited: Shipped same day as ordered, and had a website login issue involving 3 emails [each] back/forth resolved within an hour of my initial email: At 430PM on a Saturday.
Yea I just ordered a grinder and some whip tubing from them for my MFLB and it shipped in 2 days! I couldn't believe it, when its free shipping. They even wrote "one love" on the order sheet lol. I need to wait till I have another closing before I splurge and buy this. But what are the chances that I'll get one of these "stinky" units?

Well fuck it!! I went ahead and splurged and got it from Puffitup. I'll left you know once it arrives. Is there any inside knowledge that I should know about before it gets here?

VapeNStone,

McNerdius

god of nerds
VapeNStone, about the only 'insider info' i can think of:

1) The Ceramic is Organic. [sarcasm]Secret advanced military shit going on here.[/sarcasm]

2) To turn off the beeps, turn the unit on and while in idle mode press and hold the left "^" button for a few seconds. This turns off all sounds and will stay that way until you do the same to turn them back on. [credit to Stu for this blatant copy/paste]

edit: formatting.

McNerdius,

glaze83

I happen to have a ps2 slim power adapter in my office here -- the plug is too large for the solo just looking at it -- you'll need an adapter

On another note, look for some battery replacement pictures shortly ;)

glaze83,

McNerdius

god of nerds
DAMN !!! The PS2 Adapter looked so friggin promising too with its yellow plug and all. Oh well :-/ A compatible one is still certainly less than $40.

glaze83 said:
I happen to have a ps2 slim power adapter in my office here -- the plug is too large for the solo just looking at it -- you'll need an adapter

On another note, look for some battery replacement pictures shortly ;)

McNerdius,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
My warranty proceedings are going a lot slower than everyone else's it seems.
No response after a week from the first email. Now on day 2 since the second... Starting to get a little annoyed about it.
Hope to hear something within the next 24 hours.
Will keep you all posted on the proceedings

psyshaman,

xzistance

Hey everyone,

I just bought the Arizer Solo about a week ago and it started having issues last night. It has worked great up until this most recent issue and I'm wondering/hoping if anyone has any suggestions/fixes.

Basically, the IDLE blue light started blinking when I turned it on and now it seems to only have two different patterns of blinking. I'm not able to turn off the unit, it just keeps blinking one of the two patterns.

The first pattern is just the IDLE blue light blinking. When I press and hold the UP and DOWN arrows to turn it off (or change the pattern in this case), it doesn't turn off. When I let go, the blinking pattern changes to all of the numbers (1 - 7) and the IDLE blue light blinking, as well as the red charge light being lit solid red. If I press and hold the UP and DOWN arrows again, it switches to having the IDLE blue light blink.

I can't get it to do anything else. It won't turn off, it won't go solid IDLE blue and allow me to use it. I've tried plugging in the charger, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It almost seems like the battery needs to be removed and reinserted in order to reset the unit or something (similar to a cell phone)? I don't really have any idea.

I have emailed Arizer and they got back to me quickly saying the issue sounds like it should be covered under warranty and to contact the seller I bought it from. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Has anyone else run in to this issue? Suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

xzistance,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You're actually the first one to report an electronic problem here (not counting the smell issue since it's still not entirely clear what's causing it). Sorry it had to be you, but thanks for doing so & welcome to FC.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
xzistance said:
Hey everyone,

I just bought the Arizer Solo about a week ago and it started having issues last night. It has worked great up until this most recent issue and I'm wondering/hoping if anyone has any suggestions/fixes.

Basically, the IDLE blue light started blinking when I turned it on and now it seems to only have two different patterns of blinking. I'm not able to turn off the unit, it just keeps blinking one of the two patterns.

The first pattern is just the IDLE blue light blinking. When I press and hold the UP and DOWN arrows to turn it off (or change the pattern in this case), it doesn't turn off. When I let go, the blinking pattern changes to all of the numbers (1 - 7) and the IDLE blue light blinking, as well as the red charge light being lit solid red. If I press and hold the UP and DOWN arrows again, it switches to having the IDLE blue light blink.

I can't get it to do anything else. It won't turn off, it won't go solid IDLE blue and allow me to use it. I've tried plugging in the charger, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It almost seems like the battery needs to be removed and reinserted in order to reset the unit or something (similar to a cell phone)? I don't really have any idea.

I have emailed Arizer and they got back to me quickly saying the issue sounds like it should be covered under warranty and to contact the seller I bought it from. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Has anyone else run in to this issue? Suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

If you hold the up + down for too long, it basically turns off then back on. Play with timing?

It SOUNDS like user error, but I hope you get it figured out ASAP.

darkrom,

xzistance

darkrom said:
If you hold the up + down for too long, it basically turns off then back on. Play with timing?

It SOUNDS like user error, but I hope you get it figured out ASAP.

Naw, it doesn't matter how long I hold down the up and down buttons, it doesn't change anything. It won't turn off no matter what I do, it just keeps blinking one of the two patterns.

Arizer has been quick in their replies; it looks like I'm going to be sending the unit in for repair/replacement.

xzistance,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
It almost seems like the battery needs to be removed and reinserted in order to reset the unit or something (similar to a cell phone)? I don't really have any idea.

power-down reset might help, but it could be showing an error code -- like for disconnected temperature probe -- or maybe the software just needs to be reloaded (virus?).

Hippie Dickie,

Greenscreen

Been reading this thread from the beginning, was well excited when this vape first came out and couldn't wait to grab one. Got very close to doing it a few times but didn't.

I am now pleased i didn't because a few problems arising with them but more annoyed i didn't buy one before i knew that because if you strike lucky and get a working one then i have no doubt they are quality! unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer till i get my Solo! :/

Greenscreen,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Third email to Arizer, two via their form. One directly from my email account to address listed on the support page.

Still no response, starting to get frustrated at the lack of reply.
Can someone please email me the address of someone at Arizer who actually reads their emails

psyshaman,
griff9 said:
Been reading this thread from the beginning, was well excited when this vape first came out and couldn't wait to grab one. Got very close to doing it a few times but didn't.

I am now pleased i didn't because a few problems arising with them but more annoyed i didn't buy one before i knew that because if you strike lucky and get a working one then i have no doubt they are quality! unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer till i get my Solo! :/
I emailed puffitup about the smell issue when I ordered mine and this is what Randy sent me

Hi Mark!

We have had a few emails asking about the FC comments about a smell. We have been selling a lot of the Solos and none have been returned yet which is a good sign the issue is isolated or very uncommon. That being said, no one wants funny scents in their herbs, we are happy to return/exchange any vaporize you are not happy with. The Solos are awesome vaporizers, I am sure you will like it as much as we do!

VapeNStone,

x-sploit

hmm i was going to be a jew and get a solo off of myrn for 180$ but i'm not so sure now, think i'll just stick with another extreme wq, i had one but at the time it 260$ paid full for it, so my friend and i payed half, im not paying 130$ when i cn just buy a new one with no warranty for the same price,

Modnote: Please review the "Be Nice" section in our forum rules. Please do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images and avatars. While the comment may not be intended as such, In an text-based medium it's best to avoid. Thank you. :)

x-sploit,

Kelblow

Does anyone here know if leaving your solo on charge all night can do any damage to the unit?.I tend to charge mine at night and just go to bed with it on charge.

Kelblow,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
psyshaman said:
Third email to Arizer, two via their form. One directly from my email account to address listed on the support page.

Can someone please email me the address of someone at Arizer who actually reads their emails

try this:

arizertech@gmail.com

stickstones,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Kelblow said:
Does anyone here know if leaving your solo on charge all night can do any damage to the unit?.I tend to charge mine at night and just go to bed with it on charge.

I'm not sure if it's harmful or not, but I do the same. The charging lights (why do they think we need more then one?) stop blinking when the battery is full and I assume it stops charging then so it should be fine imo.

OhTheAgony,

GreatVape

Stephen
Retailer
Service@Arizer.com

psyshaman said:

GreatVape,

GooglyEyes

Kelblow said:

I can't say for sure, either... but, when I was researching replacement batteries, the descriptions claim that there's a circuit board wrapped up in the battery pack that's supposed to prevent over charging or excessive discharge rates.

My guess, is that it should be safe. Even so, I never leave anything charging overnight, or when I'm not home.

GooglyEyes,

vape4life

Banned for life
I leave mine charged over night all the time, but i'm not as anal with the battery as some of you. When it goes, it goes and i'll replace it. I thought it was "healthier" for the battery to keep it charged up?

My replacement Solo continues to work very well still....no odour at all and no flaking. Mind you, I do prefer to use the EQ at home more due to the better air flow and bigger hits. With all stems fitting my replacement fairly tight, I find the airflow very difficult now but still can produce some respectable clouds. I'm now starting to realize more and more that less is more with the stems...i find with a decent grind that I can get bigger clouds than with a full pack. And even with it 1/2 packed the clouds keep going for what seems forever. Not as dense as an EQ elbow, but very respectable for a portable.

Looking forward to more Arizer updates. Very unlike them to not be answering emails?

vape4life,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
I agree with the email opinion. They must be overwhelmed with solo problems, because having to wait even two days is unusual for Arizer.

stickstones,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
I pulled the temp settings off the Arizer home page. I got out my infared thermometer that I bought this past Feb. Put in a fresh battery and the readings I got both (F and C) were extremely low. At level 7 I got 150F. It seems to vape ok. I use settings 3-4. Anyone have an infared gun that they could double ck some of the readings to see if theirs has dropped off since new? I get well into the 300'sF when I briefly point the gun at kitchen stove burner. My gun is still in warranty so I will see if I can exchange it or at least calibrate it against a new one.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
Top Bottom