Arizer Solo

elevation

I am currently vaping a sandwich of weed and hash. I have done this before but it seemed to make the unit dirty a lot quicker. What i did before was a little layer of weed, then sprinkle some pieces of hash, drop it in and fill up with weed again. What i did now is the same, except i just dropped one bigger piece of hash in the middle.

How do you guys do this usually? And any tips to clean the heater? Will i fuck it up if i use a drop of iso on a q-tip or not :D

elevation,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
How do you know that you made the right choice if you haven't tried it yet? Have you seen the sick vapor that the FlashVape produces? Maybe you should've gotten one of those. Or that new DaVinci Ascent that should be out soon? It looks really slick. Or so many other cool options coming out these days.....

Aww, I'm just fucking with ya'. You made a good choice indeed. :tup:

:peace:

At least wait till his VAS kicks in! :lol:

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I thought this info could be handy for some:

www.verdampftnochmal.de is selling Solo stems (straight, bent and gong) with a carb hole.

I had a stem with a carb and fucking hated it - that little shit got so hot after a few minutes running it became almost unbearable at times. I would highly recommend staying away from a carbed solo stem.

mvapes,
Reactions: Red Indy

SteezyJ

Just got an email back from PlanetVape and they said:
The PVHES stems are currently in stock, and now are restocked on a frequent basis.
:D

SteezyJ,

Chill Dude

I'm going to get the Pinnacle hydro tube for my Solo. I love the PVHES stems, but I need a 14mm GonG adapter for the water tool. Anybody have an opinion on which adapter I should get to pair the hydro tube with the Solo? Should I get the stock GonG or the PVHES GonG? Pros and cons??

Chill Dude,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm going to get the Pinnacle hydro tube for my Solo. I love the PVHES stems, but I need a 14mm GonG adapter for the water tool. Anybody have an opinion on which adapter I should get to pair the hydro tube with the Solo? Should I get the stock GonG or the PVHES GonG? Pros and cons??
FWIW, I have both and prefer the PVHES version of the GonG stem. The airflow is much better, and I still get very good vapor. Both work fine, tho.

YMMV

elevation

Yes you can. And UpUpAndAway already showed us how good it works with the Solo in the Pinnacle thread it think..

edit: Here it is

elevation,
Reactions: mvapes

Chill Dude

FWIW, I have both and prefer the PVHES version of the GonG stem. The airflow is much better, and I still get very good vapor. Both work fine, tho.

YMMV

Yeah, I guess I was concerned that the PVHES GonG would give too much air flow and not produce as much dense vapor. I'm going to order the PVHES. Thanks Stu....

Chill Dude,

michaelstone

where are you going to get the hydrotube from...i googled but cant seem to find it sold separate..

michaelstone,

Chill Dude

where are you going to get the hydrotube from...i googled but cant seem to find it sold separate..

I believe UPupandaway ordered his from a pinnacle rep at a recent trade show. I don't think they're officially on the market until next week. I know gotvape is going to carry them, but I'm going to pm The Real Vapor Blunt owner to see if I can order directly from him.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

PVHES all the way! Stay away from carbed. I have had both and the PHVES is like night and day when it comes to airflow. How much are those Pinnacle HT's? If they aren't much cheaper than I would go with the HT's from VXC. They may be a bit pricey but when taking chances on spill back I would want the best possible glass around. I have a swagger HT and I couldn't get spill back if I blew in it like a fucking trumpet! :D

Chill Dude

PVHES all the way! Stay away from carbed. I have had both and the PHVES is like night and day when it comes to airflow. How much are those Pinnacle HT's? If they aren't much cheaper than I would go with the HT's from VXC. They may be a bit pricey but when taking chances on spill back I would want the best possible glass around. I have a swagger HT and I couldn't get spill back if I blew in it like a fucking trumpet! :D

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. PVHES GonG no carb . That Swagger HT is sweet, but I was looking for something a little smaller. I think the pinnacle HT costs about $160, from upupandaways video it works great! I think it's made by Scientific Glasss. Seems like a prEtty Quality piece. As to spill back potential IDK.....

Chill Dude,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. PVHES GonG no carb . That Swagger HT is sweet, but I was looking for something a little smaller. I think the pinnacle HT costs about $160, from upupandaways video it works great! I think it's made by Scientific Glasss. Seems like a prEtty Quality piece. As to spill back potential IDK.....

160 is very fair. However - I just watched that video - mine is no bigger than that. I posted a pic a few days ago comparing it to a beer bottle, the HT's are surprisingly small. In fact - my showercap takes literally 5ml of water to function. I mean that - 5mls!

mvapes,

2clicker

Observer
ok so i got my "solo wont charge" issue figured and thought i would follow up in here about it. basically my charger crapped out after about a month of use. Arizer had asked that i try my solo with another charger and luckily a friend bought one recently after i got mine. anyway, after figuring out it was the charging cable and not the solo they then asked me to take the issue the retailer that i purchased it from. of which was PIU. i shot Randy an email this morning and his quick reply had a tracking # in it for my new charging cable :tup: world class that Randy is.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I had a stem with a carb and fucking hated it - that little shit got so hot after a few minutes running it became almost unbearable at times. I would highly recommend staying away from a carbed solo stem.

I remember about you saying that but it is still a good alternative, especially in EU countries.

I agree about the no-carb being better but since i usually remove my stem between hits anyway to reduce conduction, it wouldn't be that hot to be a problem.

Others with similar techniques could do the same, i'm just spreading the word. ;)

poonman

I am currently vaping a sandwich of weed and hash. I have done this before but it seemed to make the unit dirty a lot quicker. What i did before was a little layer of weed, then sprinkle some pieces of hash, drop it in and fill up with weed again. What i did now is the same, except i just dropped one bigger piece of hash in the middle.

How do you guys do this usually? And any tips to clean the heater? Will i fuck it up if i use a drop of iso on a q-tip or not :D

I heat up the hash first and crumble it into fine grind , for better aeration of the hash .
I still do the sandwich with herb , so the hash resin doesn't stain the chamber .

I use a q-tip with a little iso to clean the chamber .
For tougher stains , I use a fine screen beneath the q-tip to mop/swirl clean the chamber .

photobooth

Those GonG stems on Verdampftnochmal are interesting. Looks like they borrowed the grooves in the lip from PV's design but left out the shallow trenches that run lengthwise. I guess that would be the advantage of PV's design,

photobooth,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Yes, thanks for the correction. It doesn't matter if you're using the regular FV or the FV with the stage 2 add -on; the load won't cook unless you Peres the bottom on the unit. So the main benefits of using the S2 setup is as follows:

1) FV becomes 100% convection unit.( the Solo is a combination of convection and conduction and will cook your load, but not nearly as much as most other portables). Ie..the Pax.....

2) With The S2 kit, the FV is very resistant to combustion.( the Solo is also resistant to combustion, I have never combusted and I haven't heard reports of combustion from any other users).

3) Although taste is generally good with the Solo. The FVS2 being a pure convection vape is likely to deliver superior taste to that of the Solo depending on draw technique and length of time you hold the button.

4) The FV heats up in a mere 5 seconds. Very condusive to short sessions while on the go. On the other hand, The Solo takes about 1.5 minutes to heat up and then you have to wait a short period of time to allow the heater to catch up before your next hit..

5) you can certainly blow big clouds with both units. However, the edge might go to the Flashvape. Vitolo's video on the FV thread shows him blowing numerous huge clouds in a very short period of time.

6) they are both very easy to clean, but the edge may go to the Solo considering there are no screens to concern yourself with.....

Pak, do you agree with my assessment? Of course, I'm only going by reviews and videos on the FV thread. I have not tried the Flashvape myself yet.

Bottom line the Flashvape may not be the vape for everyone, but there is nothing else like it in the potable market right now and it is certainly unique in its capabilities....

I love my Solo, but I can't wait to get my Flashvape to compare the vaping experience between the two units!!

I'm gonna make some comments based on my owning both a FV S2 and many Solos.

1. There is some conduction even with the S2. nothing like a solo but there is some.

2. S2 is Combust reistant but I did it twice already. The solo is impossible to combust.

3. The solo tastes better IMO. Its a more concentrated flavor. I find the FV similar to the T1 in flavor. Its clean but its a thin weaker flavor than the really concentrated flavor you get with the solo.

4. YUP

5. haven't been able to get the biog clouds with the S2. clouds but not even close to solo clouds using em side by side with the same herb. The solo is damn near idiot proof. Still learning the FV.

6. Solo is definetly easier to clean even though I use screens. The FV screens are very fine and appear very delicate. S2 spacer already broken.

They're both good vapes but the Solo is a tried and true winner. I think the INH handily beats the Solo head to head but costs $100 more and the XP seems to be suffering some teething problems as well.

Its hard to go wrong as Solo as a first vape.

Top Bottom