Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
There are way too many issues with the new releases for my patience.
I would rather wait until the dust settles before I look into more vapes.

I have 4 setups with the PERSEI's and 2 SOLO's and TOP SHELF MEDICINES (Waxes & Flowers).
Now I have a new Bubbler and Adapters for my devices to have a water path from: http://www.planetvape.ca/black-leaf-8-arm-slitted-tree-perc-bubbler.html

I receive my medicine with devices that do the job I expect and need!

You make a valid point in regards to a FV.
Time is critical!

ataxian,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Do you really need three trash compactors?

I dont view them as 3 compactors. I love my Persei and omicrons too, but the solo doesn't fit in my pocket. I'd rather vape organics these days than oils.... The omicron and INH are pocket friendly. The solo is not.

I'm glad you love your setup. I love some top shelf products. at least for me 1/3 the fun is finding the dank for less $$$.

But then again aren't we all a bunch of VAPE geeks whether sick with VAS or not?

I think so, as we are having this discussion. Have a great night.

ru_frothi,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I dont view them as 3 compactors. I love my Persei and omicrons too, but the solo doesn't fit in my pocket. I'd rather vape organics these days than oils.... The omicron and INH are pocket friendly. The solo is not.

I'm glad you love your setup. I love some top shelf products. at least for me 1/3 the fun is finding the dank for less $$$.

But then again aren't we all a bunch of VAPE geeks whether sick with VAS or not?

I think so, as we are having this discussion. Have a great night.
ru_frothi: I guess we have different situations?
I don't put SOLO's In my pockets.
If a MINI SOLO came out I would get one for walking my dog.
A PERSEI with a SHORTY set up with 2.4 cart and a 3.0 or a 18350 battery is my pocket power device when filled with GIRL SCOUT COOKIES WAX.

Your right about vaping flowers on the go!
The SOLO the size it is may be a bit large.
The SOLO-MINI would fit this need.

A good design engineer could reduce the footprint!

ataxian,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The solo might not be pocket friendly but I really don't care...IMO the solo is the most whole vaporizer out there now.
I would take it on any other vaporizer because I love the time it takes for a session, the no hassle usage, the portability (I have a bag 90% of the time), true its not stealth... but I didn't buy it for that...

In Amsterdam the solo was a bliss...if I had the power adapter it would have been ever better...

I really think every medicinal user should own a solo and never have to smoke.

The fact that basically all you need is the solo a stem and a flower (no grinders or scissors) is what really makes it great, even tho I don't use this basic (in Amsterdam I did, bought a stock stem and picked the flower with my hands...priceless!)

olivianewtonjohn

Question, I bought a 4 piece santa cruz grinder; how do you guys load your bowl? Before with my generic puffitup grinder I could just load right there in the grinder. Thats what I was hoping I could do with the santa cruz but no such luck.

olivianewtonjohn,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have a container I store my ground herb in (I pre-grind a few days worth at a time), and I just scoop my stem through my little mound of ground bud.

EDIT:
this is how I load every vape I own actually :tup:

olivianewtonjohn

I have a container I store my ground herb in (I pre-grind a few days worth at a time), and I just scoop my stem through my little mound of ground bud.

EDIT:
this is how I load every vape I own actually :tup:
Yeah I guess I will have to look for a container with curved sides so I can scoop some up. I dont vape alot and so I never grind alot at a time so there isnt a mound. I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of the 4 piece in my eyes if I have to use a diff container.

EDIT: maybe it will be doable to load a bowl when I grind more. I had barely any left today. Will report back tomorrow

olivianewtonjohn,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It works with even a single solo load, it just takes a few more scoops when there's that little amount.

mine doesn't actually have curved sides (well, theres a tiny curve, but the sides themselves are perpendicular to each other), Its just rather open and flat.

Imagine a plate with a 1" lip around the edge, I just scoop my stem through, and press against the side.

Frederick McGuire,

m0sh

Why won't you suck air through the stem to fill the load instead of scoping?

m0sh,

m0sh

I get material coming through the stem. Thats even with a screen. Maybe my material is too dry/grinded

Use a tight mesh like the one provided by Ed's wood stem...

But ok...you can fill it a bit with scoping and then suck the air... but I use the PV screens and I get very very tiny particles to none through...nothing bothering anyhow...doing the same with the LSV but I also grind my herb with fingernails scissors so it probably not the most finest grind but I love scissors :)

m0sh,

ehakim

I don't think it I would i go out and buy right away a "solo 2.0" when it's released unless it was backwards compatible with the current stems I have waaaaay too many aftermarket stems lol

ehakim,

m0sh

I don't think it I would i go out and buy right away a "solo 2.0" when it's released unless it was backwards compatible with the current stems I have waaaaay too many aftermarket stems lol

Nobody said anything about "solo 2.0" - there has been talks about a mini solo...but not solo 2...

m0sh,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Why won't you suck air through the stem to fill the load instead of scoping?
Because for me its inconvenient and awkward.
I use the gong stem 99% of the time, so my face would be right in my storage container.
I also hate having to keep drawing while I turn the stem from facing down to facing up.
And it's harder to get the same amount of bud into a chamber that you don't fill 100% (less of an issue with the solo, but definitely with the LSV, SSV, EQ etc) with consistency

1 scoop, done in a second is way more convenient and practical IMO.
I've never loaded any of my vapes using the suck method (tried it a few times, but its never been my routine), it only just makes sense for whip vapes IMO, for anything direct draw, i feel like its silly. I never really got why so many people do it TBH :shrug:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ataxian

ehakim

Nobody said anything about "solo 2.0" - there has been talks about a mini solo...but not solo 2...

Nevertheless, my point still applies. and if you look back in the tread the rumor started off as solo 2 then morphed into a solo mini all of which is speculation so it really doesn't matter, either way a new solo whether or not its smaller is still a solo 2.0 in the literal sense. If your gonna quote me add to the discussion, don't just split hairs over names of a product that may or may not exist.

ehakim,

m0sh

Because for me its inconvenient and awkward.
I use the gong stem 99% of the time, so my face would be right in my storage container.
I also hate having to keep drawing while I turn the stem from facing down to facing up.
And it's harder to get the same amount of bud into a chamber that you don't fill 100% (less of an issue with the solo, but definitely with the LSV, SSV, EQ etc) with consistency

1 scoop, done in a second is way more convenient and practical IMO.
I've never loaded any of my vapes using the suck method (tried it a few times, but its never been my routine), it only just makes sense for whip vapes IMO, for anything direct draw, i feel like its silly. I never really got why so many people do it TBH :shrug:

Because I think the other way around...I actually find the suck method to be much more practical... but I don't have a pre grind stash... so I only grind the amount I want to use...elbow packing for EQ is perfect for the suck method, it is also perfect for the glass wand on the LSV or the solo stems with screens IMO.
I take a small amount of herb because I can't afford to waste so much (0.05 = 1 euro for me)
And grind it with scissors on a small (thick) paper ... even with the GoNG stem I don't find myself "inside the herb"

It was annoying having to fill the ELB for the cloud and much cooler just to suck, IMO

Too each is own :)

Nevertheless, my point still applies. and if you look back in the tread the rumor started off as solo 2 then morphed into a solo mini all of which is speculation so it really doesn't matter, either way a new solo whether or not its smaller is still a solo 2.0 in the literal sense. If your gonna quote me add to the discussion, don't just split hairs over names of a product that may or may not exist.

Its all speculations! no need to say if they make solo 2 with new stems I'd be pissed.

Its not the same product, solo 2 or mini solo.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
looking forward to the solo mini :rockon:
I don't know if this is a mith or real, but if someone can do a vape that works like the solo but smaller, they will have my money!

this is a myth. as of now, there is no Solo Mini. Do i know if Arizer is making one behind closed doors??? no i do not, but until Arizer or some other Arizer authorized reseller comes out and says there is one in development..... this is a myth!!

new users to the forum... your purchase of a Solo today is an awesome choice and there is no Solo Mini as of now. i know that feeling when you buy something and hear that a newer model is coming out right after you buy it. that is not the case here. feel safe in your new Solo purchase

this is a myth. as of now, there is no Solo Mini. Do i know if Arizer is making one behind closed doors??? no i do not, but until Arizer or some other Arizer authorized reseller comes out and says there is one in development..... this is a myth!!

new users to the forum... your purchase of a Solo today is an awesome choice and there is no Solo Mini as of now. i know that feeling when you buy something and hear that a newer model is coming out right after you buy it. that is not the case here. feel safe in your new Solo purchase
lol This was the case for my solo purchase. because a week or two after I bought my ceramic model they came out with the SS model. I thought I was duped! haha I was so wrong!

VapeNStone,
Reactions: smokum

m0sh

lol This was the case for my solo purchase. because a week or two after I bought my ceramic model they came out with the SS model. I thought I was duped! haha I was so wrong!

From Arizer itself December the fourth : "We do have new products planned for 2013. Nothing is going to happen in the near future, but we're working on new things all the time"

So...a myth? no.

m0sh,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I take a small amount of herb because I can't afford to waste so much (0.05 = 1 euro for me)
I just did a quick calculation and it works out about 0.125g = 1 euro for me, so that might be a factor :nod: (I buy by the oz, if I bought by the gram, it'd work out at 0.0625g = 1 euro) [that should probably be the end of herb price talk in this thread, it's getting a bit off topic :worms: ]
Too each is own :)
I was gonna add "different strokes for different folks" into that post somewhere but never got around to it :lol:
So...a myth? no.
It's still a myth until it's actually confirmed IMO :2c:

ehakim

From Arizer itself December the fourth : "We do have new products planned for 2013. Nothing is going to happen in the near future, but we're working on new things all the time"

So...a myth? no.

Didn't a company called vaporfection plan to have the mivape out for years now? I'm not saying arizer has anywhere as poor of a track record as vaporfection, but you should take everything with a grain of salt. For all we know they're developing a new at home unit...

ehakim,

m0sh

Didn't a company called vaporfection plan to have the mivape out for years now? I'm not saying arizer has anywhere as poor of a track record as vaporfection, but you should take everything with a grain of salt. For all we know they're developing a new at home unit...

We don't know what they are developing. :)

I do however think that Arizer don't say shit...and you know the more vape you do, the faster it gets...

TBH - Arizer is my favorite company and they learned a lot during these years...I have no doubts in them...the solo is the future...(the design- small size, high efficiency)

m0sh,
Top Bottom