Arizer Solo

Curiousone

Hello.
I've Recently ordered the Solo Arizer Which is going to be my first Vaporizer Ever, haven't even used one before.

Im a cigarette Smoker. I know bad habit, Trying to quit atm. But in the meanwhile I thought i should probably use the Solo arizer for the tobacco as well. I bought it with the intention of using it for cannabis alone.

Now the question would be, What are your experiences vaporizing tobacco with the Solo Arizer? Is it nasty? Does the smell stay on the device? I personally don't like mixing cannabis with tobacco. My idea was using a different Stem for the Tobacco and a Different one for the Cannabis. Would there still be a strong smell or taste of tobacco on the device if i just switch stems? or would it be necessary to Clean it every time i want to switch.
Hey, I own a Solo, but I have used tobacco in the No2 only. It actually hit very hard. Only needed a few draws to satisfy the urge. I looked up the best temp to vape tobacco... maybe in the manual for the no2 or on the net (don't remember). It put out some massive vape so I went down in temp a bit (choked my out!). My advice would be to def. use different stems, one for tobacco and the other for herbs. It does leave an odor (the no2 uses plastic tubes, so it was def more pronouced in this unit I imagine). Glass might clean up better. I'd start with the lowest setting, though I fear it might still be too high. I'm too lazy to check tobacco temps v. lowest temp on the Solo.

Mainly, if you're inclined to do it...give it a try. I imagine it is better for you than smoking! Just start on low and be aware of the amount of vapor you're taking in a first. I found it overwhelming (could've been the blend, plus I'm not really a smoker anymore, just had a moment of weakness + stress while I was beginning to vape)

olivianewtonjohn

Ye I'm finding myself reaching for the solo most of the time now, the flavor retention is very good, I'm glad I grabbed it when I did, its the M4 model, the robo fart was still there fresh from the box, a few cycles solved that though. I would highly recommend this Vape, its is a little big for a portable, but it does feel comfortable in hand.
So I use it for a convenient home Vape,
However the flight box is strong is so many ways, efficiency being top of that list,
If you want you herbs to go far? The box is so conservative, without even trying to, be
Whereas. The solo is so tasty you won't want to stop!! I hunt down extra exotics especially, to Vape in the SOLO
Thats interesting when researching it seems more than a few people who owned both felt the solo conserved more herb than MLFB.

I really love my solo. I read some in the flashvape thread and im still happy with my choice (reading about the problems that it is having-since it is a new product after all). I look forward to using my solo for years to come, even if I upgrade down the road I envision the solo being passed down to a friend and living a long life. And battery replacement seems really easy. Just wanted to post this email I got from arizer about the battery.

Concerning the battery, email from Arizer:

For a full charge the Solo should be plugged in and charged for 3-4 hours. When you turn the Solo on the lights will flash briefly to indicate an approximate battery level. Draining lithium batteries completely can harm the batteries but the Solo does not allow for a complete drain so you do not need to worry about that. You can use the Solo until the red Charge indicator light comes on.

lookhigh

FC member
Is there a short stem or maybe spiral stem available so that the complete unit may fit into a pocket?

lookhigh,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ye I'm finding myself reaching for the solo most of the time now, the flavor retention is very good, I'm glad I grabbed it when I did, its the M4 model, the robo fart was still there fresh from the box, a few cycles solved that though. I would highly recommend this Vape, its is a little big for a portable, but it does feel comfortable in hand.
However the flight box is strong is so many ways, efficiency being top of that list,
If you want you herbs to go far? The box is so conservative, without even trying to, be
Whereas. The solo is so tasty you won't want to stop!! I hunt down extra exotics especially, to Vape in the SOLO
I understand! We have big crops of top self flowers.
The SOLO brings out the best flavor!

ataxian,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
thx. would that make it too hot?

I did not find it too hot, but I would use lower temps... I don't know how long you would have to use it to make it too hot. There are pretty limited options out there for solo stems, and we are pretty lucky that PlanetVape is making custom stems for us to choose from. Aside from modding a stock stem yourself, those are probably your best option for what you are asking about.

jambandphan03,

arrr

I have only had my solo for a few weeks but i wondering if this is normal. Basically, i turn it on set it level 5 wait for it warm up and it reaches lvl 5. I take my 1st pull from it and the level drops to lvl 1 then i have to wait another 20 seconds or so for it go back up to lvl 5 before i take my 2nd pull. Is this normal i have the MA13 version.

arrr,

VAPORIZER22

I have only had my solo for a few weeks but i wondering if this is normal. Basically, i turn it on set it level 5 wait for it warm up and it reaches lvl 5. I take my 1st pull from it and the level drops to lvl 1 then i have to wait another 20 seconds or so for it go back up to lvl 5 before i take my 2nd pull. Is this normal i have the MA13 version.

Typically the temp may drop by 1 when you take a hit, so it does not sound right if yours is going from 5 to 1. I have never had this happen or seen anyone post about it before.

VAPORIZER22,

bluemonkey

Thats interesting when researching it seems more than a few people who owned both felt the solo conserved more herb

[
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Haha, well I guess it must just be my style,
I'm usually mindful of the battery on the SOLO and the 12 min cycle in particular, i end up getting through a stem quickly, whereas with the box I know it can be hot when I need, so I end up chilling with one trench for a long time,
Head to head I think you could be right the SOLO always achieves a even Vape, the MFLB needs more persuasion to achive a similar Vape. And I think a trench is about 2 or 3 stems considering how much finer I grind for the box, at least until I get a PVHES,
on paper the SOLO has it, but the MFLB in my hands lends me to get through less material, just the way the different function leads me to use in a different way

Anyone know a stem to trench ratio?

Plus do the gauzed stems make a noticeable difference?

bluemonkey,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Welp...I pulled the trigger, and have been enjoying my new Solo for a couple of days now. The only thing that bothers me is the airflow, but I have a rotary tool arriving in a few days and will try a couple of the modifications I've seen on here.

But it got me thinking...does anybody make Solo stems in different colored glass? How great would it be to pop in a translucent red or green stem? Or something with a fun swirled pattern? I'm thinking of the cool pipes and other pieces of glass we've all seen....does anything like this exist for the Solo?

sam reynolds,
Reactions: b0

hoptimum

Haha, well I guess it must just be my style,
I'm usually mindful of the battery on the SOLO and the 12 min cycle in particular, i end up getting through a stem quickly, whereas with the box I know it can be hot when I need, so I end up chilling with one trench for a long time,
Head to head I think you could be right the SOLO always achieves a even Vape, the MFLB needs more persuasion to achive a similar Vape. And I think a trench is about 2 or 3 stems considering how much finer I grind for the box, at least until I get a PVHES,
on paper the SOLO has it, but the MFLB in my hands lends me to get through less material, just the way the different function leads me to use in a different way

Anyone know a stem to trench ratio?

Plus do the gauzed stems make a noticeable difference?

With so many Solos out there I could almost see the solo stem becoming a standard unit of measurement, like 1 solo stem to cover the bowl in the volcano or half a stem for an MFLB trench. It seems to me that a solo stem is about. 0.2 grams but I don't have a scale. Does anyone know about how much a solo stem bowl weighs?

b0

Cloudy...
But it got me thinking...does anybody make Solo stems in different colored glass? How great would it be to pop in a translucent red or green stem? Or something with a fun swirled pattern? I'm thinking of the cool pipes and other pieces of glass we've all seen....does anything like this exist for the Solo?

I will love to have a custom colors stem, but as far as I know no one does that :cry:
Maybe we can found a blower able to do it?

Bouldorado

With so many Solos out there I could almost see the solo stem becoming a standard unit of measurement, like 1 solo stem to cover the bowl in the volcano or half a stem for an MFLB trench. It seems to me that a solo stem is about. 0.2 grams but I don't have a scale. Does anyone know about how much a solo stem bowl weighs?

just weighed my stem (standard solo stem w/ a screen) and I got .12g for a full bowl.

b0

Cloudy...
I can't believe that no one is doing stems so awesome as some spoon pipes:

extra_thick_glass_pipe_-_inside-out_with_dichroic_-_spoon_pipe_5dbb7aff.jpg

Anyone know custom artist able to do a custom work and able to do stems?

sam reynolds

I smell a nice little business opportunity for someone with the skills...

sam reynolds,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I vape in my garage or backyard depending on the weather.
So the SOLO fits my situation well.
I'm really into GLASS at the moment and can't wait to put together WATER WORLD MAX FLIGHT for the SOLO! I'm going to make a special Man Cave fully equipped.

Maybe it should be called "THE VAPE ROOM"!

ataxian,

sam reynolds

I wonder what would be involved in modifying something like these to work?

Kz4kTyq.png

sam reynolds,

Um...?

Any word on when the PVHES stems are going to be back in stock? I was hoping it would be this week after PV did their inventory, but it looks like they're still OOS.

Um...?,

poonman

I wonder what would be involved in modifying something like these to work?

Kz4kTyq.png

Hey Sam ,
Do you know if they're just colored straws or silicone tubes ?
and diameter of the hole ?
They don't look like glass stems to me , because they're not cut evenly . imo
But I can see them being used to disguise the stock stems .

poonman,

Chill Dude

I do weigh my herb quite a bit and I've found a regular stock Solo stem can hold about .15g, and a PVHES Shorty stem can hold up to .10g. Of course, there's different variables such as fineness of the grind, how firmly you pack it and strain type..........

Chill Dude,

sam reynolds

Hey Sam ,
Do you know if they're just colored straws or silicone tubes ?
and diameter of the hole ?
They don't look like glass stems to me , because they're not cut evenly . imo
But I can see them being used to disguise the stock stems .

Yeah, this was just an example I found when looking for colored glass tubes. I'm sure there's a better source...just wondering if it was doable.

sam reynolds,
Top Bottom