Arizer Solo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
You must have amazing lungs, I never get amazing clouds not on 2 nor even on 7 because if I try it on that temp the taste has become so bad that my throat can't take it!!!
I mostly have it on 3 when using just my flexible stem, but when I use any of my bubbler's it has to go to 4/5 because of the water cooling the downstem, so more power is needed than.
To vape with just the stem on higher than 3 is out of the question for me because of throat issues, somehow my throat is very sensitive to hot air.
Never had the problem while still smoking.

Flexible Stem? I have never heard of that. My solo clouds like a mofo above 3 - not for long as the load sizes are small but I have never had an issue milking a solo. I agree that above 5 or 6 it may be hot enough to irritate ones throat but if I may without sounding direspectful - please follow me....

If your getting hot air out of your stem, or at least hot enough to bother your throat then I would say IMO it sounds like its NOT a mechanical issue. What it sounds like to me is your weed and I will tell you why. All of us non MMJ state people have a back up guy in case our usual "supplier" is not around. I had some fucker in Florida sell me what looked great but was in fact awful herbs. When I vaped it, regardless of temperature I got NO VAPOR! Again, no disrespect to you or your supplier but is there a chance you got some bad weed?

2clicker

Observer
You must have amazing lungs, I never get amazing clouds not on 2 nor even on 7 because if I try it on that temp the taste has become so bad that my throat can't take it!!!
I mostly have it on 3 when using just my flexible stem, but when I use any of my bubbler's it has to go to 4/5 because of the water cooling the downstem, so more power is needed than.
To vape with just the stem on higher than 3 is out of the question for me because of throat issues, somehow my throat is very sensitive to hot air.
Never had the problem while still smoking.

well a slow steady draw on 2 will produce lung busters on my M1A. and not only lung busters but TASTY lung busters.

Daa God

I'm planning on ordering a solo this week and I was wondering which model I should order. Which is less likely to have the battery or temperature issues a m1a4 from puffitup or a m107 from ebay or some other site?

Daa God,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Flexible Stem? I have never heard of that. My solo clouds like a mofo above 3 - not for long as the load sizes are small but I have never had an issue milking a solo. I agree that above 5 or 6 it may be hot enough to irritate ones throat but if I may without sounding direspectful - please follow me....

If your getting hot air out of your stem, or at least hot enough to bother your throat then I would say IMO it sounds like its NOT a mechanical issue. What it sounds like to me is your weed and I will tell you why. All of us non MMJ state people have a back up guy in case our usual "supplier" is not around. I had some fucker in Florida sell me what looked great but was in fact awful herbs. When I vaped it, regardless of temperature I got NO VAPOR! Again, no disrespect to you or your supplier but is there a chance you got some bad weed?

Well, 1st of all I live in Holland and as you can see from my signature, I didn't start using cannabis yesterday....
So I can assure you that whatever fills my bowls has quality.
My flexible stem is a stem I specially made to get a longer airpath so the air will be cooler, it works very well.

well a slow steady draw on 2 will produce lung busters on my M1A. and not only lung busters but TASTY lung busters.

I'd wish we could compare this 101! LOL

Red Indy,
Reactions: mvapes

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, 1st of all I live in Holland and as you can see from my signature, I didn't start using cannabis yesterday....
So I can assure you that whatever fills my bowls has quality.
My flexible stem is a stem I specially made to get a longer airpath so the air will be cooler, it works very well.

I'd wish we could compare this 101! LOL

You should consider getting a whip model or a water piece. It seems you have a somewhat sensitive throat. And you should get plenty of clouds at 2.. use a very very slow and long draw without stopping, and remember to lift the stem 2mm from the bowl to improve airflow.

It is very weird you are not getting vapor at 2, like "what's wrong with your solo" weird. Since you got a new one already, i'm thinking it could be something concerning your technique.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
You should consider getting a whip model or a water piece. It seems you have a somewhat sensitive throat. And you should get plenty of clouds at 2.. use a very very slow and long draw without stopping, and remember to lift the stem 2mm from the bowl to improve airflow.

It is very weird you are not getting vapor at 2, like "what's wrong with your solo" weird. Since you got a new one already, i'm thinking it could be something concerning your technique.

Great idea - I have also seen people use a whip with the solo and ran it through a vapor tamer. Rigging a whip for the solo wouldn't be hard at all. Another option could be making one of natural farmers vapor lungs - that could be a simple fix too!

mvapes,
Reactions: Red Indy

HSIHP

Great idea - I have also seen people use a whip with the solo and ran it through a vapor tamer. Rigging a whip for the solo wouldn't be hard at all. Another option could be making one of natural farmers vapor lungs - that could be a simple fix too!

It's actually not that hard to rig a whip. I was lucky enough to get a free Magic Flight WPW and the small plastic piece that would normally fit in the MAgic Flight fits snug in tip of stock and PV stems. Then I just use the GonG end to pull from and I love it. Obviously this works amazing for running it through a bubbler as well. :2c:

Had a little fun with this setup recently

meR851V.jpg

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT

Nothing wrong with my Solo, I get vape at 2, no problem, I am just not able to make those big thick milky clouds because my throat seems to have problems inhaling that much vapor.
But to me that really isn't much of a point as long as I get some and it has the wanted effect, to mask some chronic pains I have.
The extended stem takes away enough of the harshness to be bearable.

And yes, I do use a mini bubbler and the other day I made this one myself, from a glass tube, 54 cm tall and 5 cm wide.
It has a down stem made of stainless steel which is made to fit the Solo stem with the aid of some (food grade) plastic tubing.
The stopper is made of plain cork in which I drilled 2 holes, one for the stem and one for the tube.
It works great and cools the vapor very well.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Just a quick question... Can the glass stems taht come with the solo be heated up with a torch? or will they break?
They are made of Borosilicate
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass which includes at least five percent boric oxide. The boric oxide makes the glass resistant to extreme temperatures, and also improves its resistance to chemical corrosion. This glass is very popular in the manufacture of scientific instruments, and it was once widely used to make glass for kitchens as wel.

Curiousone

^^I was letting a friend of mine try my new solo. he wasn't enjoying the vaping experience...so he suggested we use a lighter to combust in the stem. I explained it would defeat the purpose and promply ended the session. So I didn't find out, ha ha ha. I

I know this isn't useful to you, but wanted to share ;)

Curiousone,
Reactions: Red Indy

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
They are made of Borosilicate
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass which includes at least five percent boric oxide. The boric oxide makes the glass resistant to extreme temperatures, and also improves its resistance to chemical corrosion. This glass is very popular in the manufacture of scientific instruments, and it was once widely used to make glass for kitchens as wel.

I just used my swagger showercap HT from my cloud - it is perfect for the solo! It would IMO solve your problem immediately. With only 5 ml of water this son of a gun diffuses and pulls amazingly. With very little to no effort I cleared a packed PVHES Gong stem in 3 pulls flat. Im going to take some pics for you guys to enjoy today. I also, again from the cloud used their dry tube and that too made the solo experience even better.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Somebody smashed my car window and grabbed a bunch of little shit, but also scored my Solo which I had forgotten and left in the car.

So looking at Puffitup (had great experiences with them, bought my original Solo from them) and they're still selling at $160. However, contaacting Arizer directly I got told that Puffitup isn't an Authorized Distributor! Surprised me.

I'll probably order from them anyway since they've always treated me, and others I know, right.

Sinclue,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Really...that is very strange about PIU.

Damn the person that broke into your car and double damn them for taking your solo.

Dreamerr,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
shitty thing is they will probably just throw it away anyways because they won't know what the hell it is.

Indeed since the stem was in my shirt pocket and the Solo in a jacket I left in the car. Even if they figured out what it was for they couldn't charge it.

I too was surprised about PIU not being an AR, but that doesn't bother me. I've dealt with them many times and they always go over the top to make their customers happy. I've no doubt PIU would make it right.

Trying to decide if I want to add it to the claim...I'm a MM patient/cardholder and it is some of my medical equipment...suppose Allstate will buy me a new Solo? :lol:

Sinclue,

Dreamerr

Try it sinclue and let us know what happens. It isn't federal so it should be covered. You can even say it is an aromatherapy device. It makes no difference if it is medical anything stolen from your car is covered on homeowners ins.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Not if it is only for that. I had my car broken into one new years eve...all my medical records among other things since I couldn't carry stuff lots in car to the tune of over a grand. You need bills and proof for everything so it was a pain.

Dreamerr,

Curiousone

Not if it is only for that. I had my car broken into one new years eve...all my medical records among other things since I couldn't carry stuff lots in car to the tune of over a grand. You need bills and proof for everything so it was a pain.

Unfortunately, I'm speaking from exp too, so yeah def a PITA. But you're right, I somehow quickly dismissed the other things that were stolen and only focused on the vape, ha ha.

Curiousone,
Top Bottom