Arizer Solo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'd love to have a PVHES Straight Tube and a 14mm PVHES GonG. I'd also love a nice Wood stem from Ed's and a sweet Mobius Nano.

Instead, i have my Ehle 250ml and the ordinary stock stem. But it get's the job done. ;)

Whats Mobius Nano?

I'm going to guess that with the PVHES the vapor would could faster and you wouldn't be able to suck for so long...damn man that is impressive! how many hits like that you get.

m0sh,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Whats Mobius Nano?

I'm going to guess that with the PVHES the vapor would could faster and you wouldn't be able to suck for so long...damn man that is impressive! how many hits like that you get.

Something like this: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...-glassworks-ion-bubbler-with-matrix-perc.html

I would like to have a PVHES to experiment with different draws, the gong to use with water, EdsStem to do both and have a sturdier take-out alternative.. essentially, it's good to have options but it's better to not be limited by the lack of them. :)

I don't really count my hits but it was a full bowl and that was my third hit, i did two at 5 and then this one, then i did at least 3-4 more but not as long.

m0sh

Something like this: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...-glassworks-ion-bubbler-with-matrix-perc.html

I would like to have a PVHES to experiment with different draws, the gong to use with water, EdsStem to do both and have a sturdier take-out alternative.. essentially, it's good to have options but it's better to not be limited by the lack of them. :)

I don't really count my hits but it was a full bowl and that was my third hit, i did two at 5 and then this one, then i did at least 3-4 more but not as long.

So I'm wondering...after few hits you move to "7"

I stay at "5" regardless... love me solo and love the 200C sweet spot :D

b0

Cloudy...
My video was at "5", I think that's my sweet spot too. At "7" the taste degrades too fast, so I only use it for the last 2 hits or so, depending of the meds quality. Also if I want to "taste" my meds, I usually start at "3" for 4 or 5 hits and then go to "5"

vorrange

Vapor.wise
So I'm wondering...after few hits you move to "7"

I stay at "5" regardless... love me solo and love the 200C sweet spot :D

yeah, my brain must have shorted while i was writing the sentence.. i meant to say "and then this one at 7".

I usually vape at 2-3 when dry.. and only rise the temp in the last few hits although sometimes i try to maintain the vapor output and thus i increment slowly finishing at 7.

With water, i either start at 3-4 and go from there, or i hit it dry at 2 and then get the bong.

With water, i don't mind the temperature at 7 as i do when dry.. first because its much softer on the throat and second because it hides that bitter taste of the ending bowl.

But, sometimes, i like to crank it up and have a milky thick hit with the terpenes mixed in for some nice flavour, even if they are evaporated in 2-3 hits.

Different strokes, different tokes. :D

AUTCH, my wallet hurts........:ugh:
Those things cost a fortune......

Exactly. :)

gosaints420

Notice how much thicker the vapor gets with the stock stem. I couldn't get good thick hits with the PVhe gong even with an o-ring around it for a tighter fit. Imo you can't beat a tight fitting stocker and if you pull it out the Solo 1-2 mm the draw restriction isn't bad at all.

gosaints420,
Reactions: vape4life

b0

Cloudy...
Notice how much thicker the vapor gets with the stock stem. I couldn't get good thick hits with the PVhe gong even with an o-ring around it for a tighter fit. Imo you can't beat a tight fitting stocker and if you pull it out the Solo 1-2 mm the draw restriction isn't bad at all.

He was at 7 and me at 5, I'm sure I can have the same thicknes at 7.

b0,

elevation

Vorrange you milked the hell out of that Ehle! We have the same set up now but i haven't been to 7 yet. Too scared of a lungbuster lol!

elevation,
Reactions: vorrange

gosaints420

Again imo the difference between 5 and 7 isn't that much, and the difference between the hegong and standard stem is. The avb in the hegong also never got as dark as it does in the stocker, I felt it was a waste but that's me. Your mileage may very.

On the other hand PV was absolutely great and exchanged mine for the standard gong. Have no fear with PV they will make you happy if you aren't satisfied.

elevation

I also like the standard stem better than my PVHES Gong. In my specific situation, i almost bought the wrong bong while already ordered a Gong in 18mm.

Because of this i need to use an 14 to 18mm adapter which makes the downstem really long. This is pretty annoying when clearing, especially since i also have to hold the Gong because it does not fit tightly so it would fall out if i just pulled the Solo out. :uhoh:

elevation,
Reactions: Red Indy

John Lewus

Now I have one person who thinks the PVHES GonG makes wispy vapor and another who loves it. This will be a tough decision to pair with my hydratube. I finally did the o ring tip and it made my stems tight but harder to rock the stock for better air flow.

John Lewus,
Reactions: Red Indy

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I just find the PHES stems only allow no fiddling with the stem for a decent hit, but you 'have' to do a slower/lighter draw on them.

Both stock & PHES do me well, yet they just require a different approach to use.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think one of the things with the PVHES stems that is not being mentioned here, is that are they the "turbo" or the regular 4 hole? The Turbo gives way more air flow, and much thinner vapor than the 4 hole does. If you toss in the "shorty" bowl, that changes the dynamic again, because it's a smaller load,but puts the herb closer to the end of the stem. All 3 of my PVHES stems behave differently.

b0

Cloudy...
With a PVHEGonG you have to adapt your draw tecnique, more options/fun. But if you don't care about having a more restrictive option and want to have a more straight experience, go for the normal GonG.

That's the good part about PV stems, they have options for every user taste :)

m0sh

I think one of the things with the PVHES stems that is not being mentioned here, is that are they the "turbo" or the regular 4 hole? The Turbo gives way more air flow, and much thinner vapor than the 4 hole does. If you toss in the "shorty" bowl, that changes the dynamic again, because it's a smaller load,but puts the herb closer to the end of the stem. All 3 of my PVHES stems behave differently.

And I thought more air less thickness but oh well... I love the 4 hole and prefer it for many few reasons:

1. Can be used without a screen.
2. Easier with fine grind.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Now I have one person who thinks the PVHES GonG makes wispy vapor and another who loves it. This will be a tough decision to pair with my hydratube. I finally did the o ring tip and it made my stems tight but harder to rock the stock for better air flow.

The tight stem allows you to lift it up just a few mm, just enough to improve on airflow :)

Did some DIY today.
Another cool way to cool vapor!
The small glass works as well as the tall bubbler, the stopper is a silicone with three holes, 1 for the down stem, 1 for the mouth tube and 1 to clear the vape.
The tubing I found at the toy department of Action (an EU department store), it's some plastic, straw like tubing used to make fun straws for kids, it works fine this way as well. LOL!

The small glass can be easily packed together with your Solo, so: cool vapes on the go!
It's kind of similar to the small water filter that Arizer sells for the EQ.

Red Indy,
Reactions: vorrange

gosaints420

To the ones who like there PVHES, do you rely get hits as thick as the standard stem? I had the 4 hole and tried everything including 2-3-4 screens plus an o-ring plus sucking as slow as I possibly could, and I could get a few descent hits, but nothing like the stocker and like I said the avb was much lighter color. I wonder, sense they are hand made, if the grooves in mine were just to deep and that caused to much air flow.

gosaints420,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Watch for my thoughts later in the week. Firstly I started using a bigger screen in the stock stem. I am not sure how I feel about the smaller bowl size yet. The screen is .625 and domes on placing it in so no bending. The amount of herb is sooooooooooooo small but I can run it the 12 minutes depending on the strain with the last few minutes needed way longer draws to get vapor and not thick like you all like but ok for me.

I will be getting by tomorrow is my guess the PVHES turbo and PVHES regular so I will be able to compare those against stock. I will leave Ed's out of the mix since I think that is a different animal. For those who don't have PVHES it and want me to try something let me know. I will even use the infamous if you would like.

I should be getting my glass straws today or tomorrow as well so that will be in the mix on both the solo and the INH. According to tracking straws are 20 miles away and stems are over a hundred miles away but I never believe tracking so we will see.

Give me instructions and put me through your torture:rofl: Sorry had no need for gong stems.

John Lewus

Wow lots of good responses so quick. From everything I read there are more options than I even considered. I forgot you can have the bored out hole turbo vs 4 hole, high efficiency vs regular, smaller bowl version. I am really leaning towards the standard GonG with 4 holes for thicker vapor but the long draw sucks. I have a PVHES turbo already and it is nice but the vapor is more wispy and I always worry so much about breaking it but the easier draw is so nice.

Are there any places to get the GonG in the USA even if it is not high efficiency? I don't want to pay shipping from Canada for one item.

John Lewus,
Top Bottom