• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

vorrange

Vapor.wise
IME its best to start with the regular sized stems. I know some people like the shorty, bit you can easily achieve a shorter bowl by using domed screens. Buy a shorty and you can't ever make the bowl bigger :shrug:

Soak stems in ISO and store for a future QWISO batch.

Soak stems in scalded milk and make hot chocolate.

What if i want to put a domed screen in a shorty to make it even smaller? The Solo stock stems have a bigger bowl than my WW stems and i wouldn't mind that option.

I would keep both if i worked at Planet Vape. :2c:

vorrange,

Armerad

Dabbin'
What if i want to put a domed screen in a shorty to make it even smaller? The Solo stock stems have a bigger bowl than my WW stems and i wouldn't mind that option.

I would keep both if i worked at Planet Vape. :2c:
All you do is move the dome screen up to change the size. Now if they had an option to reduce the diameter of the airway, that would be a different story.

Armerad,
What're your thoughts on Turbo vs Regular?

I'll let you know when I get my 14 Turbo PVHES GonG :lol:

I've seen a few people say airflow is improved even further with the Turbo. Turbo stems can also have larger bowls by using a cupped or domed screen pushed past the glass screen holder.

I do like the elimination of the 4 hole glass screen. I already use a SS screen anyways (but looking forward to the Signature frit), and I find resin really gets stuck inside the holes of my glass screen.

kingofnull,
Reactions: smokum

Armerad

Dabbin'
I'll let you know when I get my 14 Turbo PVHES GonG :lol:

I've seen a few people say airflow is improved even further with the Turbo. Turbo stems can also have larger bowls by using a cupped or domed screen pushed past the glass screen holder.

I do like the elimination of the 4 hole glass screen. I already use a SS screen anyways (but looking forward to the Signature frit), and I find resin really gets stuck inside the holes of my glass screen.
What's the signature frit you're talking about. Is it something like the fritted disc filters which David Goldstein uses?

Armerad,
kingofnull,
PlanetVape said:
... We are already working on it, herbalAire has an advantage here as the bowl diameter is slightly larger allowing the use of a slightly larger frit for better airflow. The Solo stems are called the PVHES Signature Series and will feature a fritted screen, all the PVHES mods and an all new made entirely in North America custom stem with our Perfect Fit technology.

kingofnull,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've noticed that all the Gong Adapters I've bought from PV stick badly in my glass. Does anyone else notice this?

mvapes,
I've noticed that all the Gong Adapters I've bought from PV stick badly in my glass. Does anyone else notice this?

Mine stick, but I wouldn't say badly. A gentle rocking motion usually unsticks them with breath to spare.

You could always apply some ground glass grease if it's really bad.

kingofnull,
Ok all you Solo Owners out there......What vendor/s do you all recommend for the solo?( keep in mind I would like to use an active coupon code).....secondly what accesory/accesories would you consider essential to make the experience with the solo a pleasnant/memorable one..( I do own glass pieces and use all my vapes with them)

PS I would read through this entire thread but I decided after doing that with other threads on FC I always end up asking all you vape experts out there questions/recommendations

mflb_hustler,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Ok all you Solo Owners out there......What vendor/s do you all recommend for the solo?( keep in mind I would like to use an active coupon code).....secondly what accesory/accesories would you consider essential to make the experience with the solo a pleasnant/memorable one..( I do own glass pieces and use all my vapes with them)

PS I would read through this entire thread but I decided after doing that with other threads on FC I always end up asking all you vape experts out there questions/recommendations

http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/supporting-retailers.19/

mmenzie,

PlanetVape and PuffItUp both offer the Solo for $160 - others may also. I ordered from PIU and shipping was fast, customer service excellent, and the free grinder wasn't half bad.

I love my PVGonG and PVHEGonG. I don't use any other stems for my Solo.
The power adapter may not be necessary, but mine gets a lot of use.

kingofnull,
PlanetVape and PuffItUp both offer the Solo for $160 - others may also. I ordered from PIU and shipping was fast, customer service excellent, and the free grinder wasn't half bad.

Is the power adapter same as the extreme q power source? also can some one post the $160 dicount for planet vape if it exists I found the one for Puffitup thanks kingofnull

mflb_hustler,

Armerad

Dabbin'

Do you use your GonG stems for direct draw (mouth to stem) aswell?

Armerad,
Is the power adapter same as the extreme q power source? also can some one post the $160 dicount for planet vape if it exists I found the one for Puffitup thanks kingofnull

Same brand, but otherwise different. Solo is an 8.5V, EQ is 19V.

The Power Adapter isn't a cheap accessory. Best price I've seen recently is Planet Vape with their 10% discount. Unfortunately if you want that discount you'll need to buy it seperately from your Solo as discounts can't stack. Is it an essential piece of kit? For me it is.

Use code SOLOHQ160 for $160 Solo at Planet Vape.

Do you use your GonG stems for direct draw (mouth to stem) aswell?
I do, and I know a few others (Vitolo for example) do also. I like that the GonGs are more stubby than stems and they feel a lot more robust and less fragile to me.

kingofnull,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Mine stick, but I wouldn't say badly. A gentle rocking motion usually unsticks them with breath to spare.

You could always apply some ground glass grease if it's really bad.

Yeah dude - mine stick f*cking bad. I tried a little gong wax but they still stick. I also notice alot of imperfections in the adapters - mine is almost totally crooked, maybe I just got a shitty batch. It happens - im not a complainer so it is what it is...

mvapes,

Malloy1

Just came home to my solo waiting for me :). I figure I should do a burn off obv I'll run it on 7 but for how long? And should I charge first then burn off and start vaping or drain the battery?

Malloy1,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's good to charge it first, then run it on 7 until it shuts off and smell the "oven" area if you don't notice "new electronic" smell the I'd say you are good to vape. Enjoy!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Kief

Malloy1

Alright thanks man it's just about done charging, then I'll burn off but yea do I need to pack my stem and put it in then turn it on or turn it on and let it heat up ad then insert stems?

Malloy1,

calimac

You can find the discount code for the solo on planetvapes blog. Scroll down and there is a link on the left hand side.

calimac,

wootze

Does anyone know what's up w/ solo on amazon? It's there on and off.
I would only buy from there 'cause of gift card I got.
My other 2 r still going strong. $2something @ PV.
Why another one? Why not? I 'loaned' the 1st one 2 one of my employes cause
he was blowing 2 much bank burning bud.

Why do I need 2 solos? (A duo?) You would not believe the double banger adapter from PV.

wootze,

Malloy1

So just vaped about a gram out of my solo, I have never eever vaped before in my life i actually found this site by accident when i was on grass city but was always intrigued by vapes but anways. The solo it self is an awesome unit and i already know its going to be perfect for my portable needs 100% which its made for so i already am happy wioth my purchase but damn I need a pvhes or something for my glass pipe. I thought id have a good set up with the stock stem nd a 14m to 18 adapter but sadly i was wrong and barely have used the solo with my water tool.

I see all the 18mm pvhes are out of stock on pv so is the solo ground gong the same thing? By the way I find the air flow with these stock stems perfectly fine imo, ive been looking around the thread for weeks and the whole milkshake sipping idea is great and produces really nice vapor.

Malloy1,
Top Bottom