Arizer Solo

ehakim

Welcome!
What strain is the photo for your Avatar?

Purple power plant, thanks for the welcome!

I'm surprised 6 is high enough to vaporize the reclaim. A number of people have mentioned that they torch their stems when they get dirty and hit it like they are dabbing.

It much better on 7 actually i tried this morning and was blowing clouds off the empty stem, its a decent way to get medicated when your stash has run dry and you vaped up all your crystals lol

redeye jedi

movin across from the dark side
There is a pretty easy solution for sticky lips as I believe the loose stems are not a problem. Arizer has stated in the past that looser stems have better airflow and my experience suggests the same so... Anyway you can always place the rubber cap against the stem and hold it there by resting your index finger on it... It feels so natural that I can't believe Arizer didn't place it exactly there for this purpose!

Good tip thanks.. I've been using just my finger lol

Yeah agree, it does feel more natural to hold when you are using like this and that the air flow is better, not that it was that bad to start with..

redeye jedi

movin across from the dark side
My stems are also very loose. I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me TOO much. Happytrails mentioned earlier in the thread rolling the O-ring against a hard surface. To do this you'd need to unscrew the cap, and you'll see a raised ring in the bowl. Just take that out. You might want message them and ask how it's done as I've not done it myself.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-390#post-299531

EDIT: I didn't realise Monti got there before me. Mods feel free to delete this post

Niceone to Monti & wonderfox for posting this, saw it earlier and have just tried it out this evening with noticeable results thanks

redeye jedi,

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF
yea i was searching for a way to improve the airflow too. after all the crap i did to my solo, i finally figured out a way to fix my airflow by modding the stem.
i can't seem to find your post regarding your stem mod? mind linking me or telling me a little more about it? pretty knew to these forums.

gnarlescharles,

wonderfox

First time cleaning my stems today. They are filthy! Can I be lazy and leave the screens in whilst soaking in 99% ISO?​

wonderfox,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
happy Thanksgiving my brethren! May all your days be filled with Turkey and Dense vapors! :brow:

mvapes,
Purple power plant, thanks for the welcome!

It much better on 7 actually i tried this morning and was blowing clouds off the empty stem, its a decent way to get medicated when your stash has run dry and you vaped up all your crystals lol

I'll try that today rather than cleaning my stem in ISO. How long do you let it preheat? Do the stems looks fairly clean when you are done?

kingofnull,

ehakim

I'll try that today rather than cleaning my stem in ISO. How long do you let it preheat? Do the stems looks fairly clean when you are done?

You will still need to clean your stem with ISO after you do this, all it really seems to get rid of is that ring of oil the collects a little above the screen

put the stem in when the solo is turned off then set it 7, once it reaches 7 take 1-2 draws and you will see vapor starting to form

ehakim,
I tried this today. Got a little vapor off my stem, but not too much. I'll try again once I build up some more resin.

You will still need to clean your stem with ISO after you do this, all it really seems to get rid of is that ring of oil the collects a little above the screen

put the stem in when the solo is turned off then set it 7, once it reaches 7 take 1-2 draws and you will see vapor starting to form

kingofnull,

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF

what do you think would be better? to put it on level 7 and smoke the empty stem? or maybe try and extract it with a kabob stick or something and smoking it rather?

gnarlescharles,

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF
can you smoke kief or concentrates in the arizer solo? sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't really find much on the topic. or would it be a wiser decision to mix it with weed first?

gnarlescharles,

ehakim

can you smoke kief or concentrates in the arizer solo? sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't really find much on the topic. or would it be a wiser decision to mix it with weed first?

What I did was take a normal pipe screen a I trimmed it down a bit and then domed and put it in the stem, so i fill this little "cup" with kief or finely ground hash and put it inside the stem so no part of the screen will come into contact with your heating element. if this sounds like too much work you could always just sandwich your kief in between herbs. but threes nothing like the vapor u get off pure concentrates

HSIHP

I had a great night with my solo. I managed to jerry-rig it to my small 20 bong with a piece I still had from my old SSV that attached the mouthpiece to the tube. I think Ill wait until the 14mm PVGonG comes out and snag that to make this combo perfect for my needs.

HSIHP,

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF
What I did was take a normal pipe screen a I trimmed it down a bit and then domed and put it in the stem, so i fill this little "cup" with kief or finely ground hash and put it inside the stem so no part of the screen will come into contact with your heating element. if this sounds like too much work you could always just sandwich your kief in between herbs. but threes nothing like the vapor u get off pure concentrates

This definitely does not sound like too much work, and I'm planning on purchasing some screens tomorrow for my awaiting SOLO that should be coming in next week. Do you mind taking a few pictures of the screen in the unit and exactly what you did? I'm having a somewhat hard time picturing it but I would love to do this too for maximum efficientcy of my upcoming unit! Cheers.

gnarlescharles,

MrNorml

First time cleaning my stems today. They are filthy! Can I be lazy and leave the screens in whilst soaking in 99% ISO?​
I find I have to remove the screen and put it over a gas stove to get it clean. ISO does not remove all the particulate from my screens - they get clogged if not removed and torched to cleanliness.

MrNorml,
I find I have to remove the screen and put it over a gas stove to get it clean. ISO does not remove all the particulate from my screens - they get clogged if not removed and torched to cleanliness.

That's not the case for me, but I clean and rotate my stems quite frequently.

kingofnull,

X24

Haven't charged since Wednesday morning. Went through a Wednesday night with some friends and a Thursday evening with some family. No idea how many stems in total, but I specifically recall 7 stems. Possibly one or two I don't recall :lol:. I believe it wouldn't have lasted much if any more, but it performed pretty damned admirably.

Even got a bit of a torture test with a 2.5foot bong. It held up, but I've found a smaller piece of water filtration is better suited to the Solo.

X24,
Top Bottom