Arizer Solo

oklahomie

I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with buying Solo's from Amazon or Ebay? I'm sure there wouldn't be a warranty, and my initial plan is to wait it out until I can buy one from an authorized seller. Just figured i'd see if anyone here had experience with buying from these sites. Some of them come with accessories, and are around a hundred dollars cheaper. Plus these sellers have 100% positive feeback. They also say "newest model", and I feel like it's questionable whether or not that's true.

oklahomie,

Nostra

Hey guys i got a screen from my local headshop, the owner said a bong wont really work with the solo because of how little vapor it produces. It seems the posts and videos i have been watching say otherwise. What size stem do i need? Is it worth it? Do i use an adaptor or connect it some other way.

Btw im planning on getting those smaller 40 dollar glass bongs dont know the mm sizes

Nostra,

Nostra

Has anyone watched this video i found it helpful
so ive only done 5 bowls on my stems and theyve already become extremely loose.

Nostra,
Reactions: MrNorml

mr_

Hey guys i got a screen from my local headshop, the owner said a bong wont really work with the solo because of how little vapor it produces. It seems the posts and videos i have been watching say otherwise. What size stem do i need? Is it worth it? Do i use an adaptor or connect it some other way.

Btw im planning on getting those smaller 40 dollar glass bongs dont know the mm sizes

Sounds the owner is not all that smart. The Solo milks my 12" straight tube with ease. I dont use any adapters, the stock stem fits pretty well in 14mm glass on glass openings.

There are a ton of video's with guys milking much larger tubes. I'd stick to 12" or under to be honest, one of those smaller 40 dollar ones would work well.

ssfgglass.com has decent glass on glass tubes for about $60ish and is MUCH better than those rubber grommet ones you're talking about

mr_,

L7WEENIE

So, while I was chilling with some friends, we decided to try and melt the oil in my angled stem. Got my torch and went to town, but unfortunately in the process I also burned some of the green matter that had gone through the screen and now the bottom part of my angled stem is a dirty blackish color that doesn't clear away with any amount if iso and salt. Any tips?? I was thinking trying a pipe cleaner, but even that might not work, this stuff is pretty stuck on the glass. I feel like such a noob now haha, but that oil hit was more than I expected, next time I'm just doing an iso wash and letting the iso dissolve in some pyrex.

L7WEENIE,

Gobrian

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

full charge, 1 stem, battery @ 6, another stem, battery @ 4...
will recharge and investigate

Gobrian,

Kommyknocker

Man o man.. my solo has developed the horrible taste that vape4life reported way back.. anyone know if this fades. Tastes fine though water though. Odd.. but yucky! :(

Kommyknocker,

poonman

Man o man.. my solo has developed the horrible taste that vape4life reported way back.. anyone know if this fades. Tastes fine though water though. Odd.. but yucky! :(

Please explain further ;
vape4life posted a lot of stuff on FC .
I'm guessing you don't own the older models that had ceramic flaking issues .
Is it an over cooked load ?
Dirty resined stems ?
Some have reported ABV and debris getting below the chamber , and have removed the bottom
for better cleaning .
And how long have you own this Solo ? I've only had mine for 2 months . So far so good .
But I'm curious about your situation .

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've been a member here for two years and a vaporist for 5. I have an M102 and an m107 and have never herd or witnessed any negative taste from a Solo. I will say, not to mean any disrespect but sometimes when someone gets into vapor they learn the true taste of weed - I've vaped a few strains that taste like Shit, it's not often but it happens.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Has anyone watched this video i found it helpful
so ive only done 5 bowls on my stems and theyve already become extremely loose.

I guess it time to understand : EVERY STEM will get loose, this is because of the design and the flexibility of the materials at 180C-210C.

Even Ed wood stem will become loose...there is no use to use it and let it fall because its loose...it just doesn't happen.

Moving on...

m0sh,
Reactions: mvapes

Kommyknocker

Vape4life reported fairly early on in this thread about the elecronicy type of taste that started shortly after he'd used his solo.
Same thing. Tasted awesome to begin with now its like a musty dusty taste that is coupled with the flavour of my bud.
I haven't put that much through it.
Burnt load? Nope since it tastes that way from loading.
Dirty stem? Nope cleaned it to make doubly sure.
Me being a teapot about vapor taste? Nope as I understand fully all aspects and procedures of vaping.
I still own and use my EQ and have no issue with flavours.
It a really bunk taste too. Minging.
Ps. Before the smell appeared it seemed superb and I believe it will be again.
I'm sure some others reported the taste too.. its the newer model M1D or something.
I'll attempt a full battery burnoff on seven see what it can muster up.

Kommyknocker,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vape4life reported fairly early on in this thread about the elecronicy type of taste that started shortly after he'd used his solo.
Same thing. Tasted awesome to begin with now its like a musty dusty taste that is coupled with the flavour of my bud.
I haven't put that much through it.
Burnt load? Nope since it tastes that way from loading.
Dirty stem? Nope cleaned it to make doubly sure.
Me being a teapot about vapor taste? Nope as I understand fully all aspects and procedures of vaping.
I still own and use my EQ and have no issue with flavours.
It a really bunk taste too. Minging.
Ps. Before the smell appeared it seemed superb and I believe it will be again.
I'm sure some others reported the taste too.. its the newer model M1D or something.
I'll attempt a full battery burnoff on seven see what it can muster up.

So odd - there really is nothing that could cause bad taste - there's a glass air-path with the only obstruction being a screen and weed - yes of course when I clean out my solo with the cap off I get a few ieces of ABV but nothing significant. The SS bowl shouldn't be giving off any residual flavor as there is no coating on it. I ISO wash my bowl probably about once a week and clean my stem every 3 or 4 days based on usage. The only thing I can possibly think of is if it was cleaned with a swab of ISO, maybe some of the fluid creeped into the small air exchange holes and possibly some funky moisture built up and that could be generating the ass like taste. However - I highly doubt it as ISO evaps almost instantly - or perhaps it was cleaned with something else? I would contact Arizer - even my 102 (which is slightly flaking) gives off no odor or funk. Please don't take any of my recommendations as an insult - I really want to help here and sometimes typing comes accross wrong. I hope you get to the bottom of this - we all need our solo's. ;)

mvapes,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Why do people in the USA get such a great deal on the Solo, and people in Ontario, Canada, Where the solo is actually made, pay $229 plus $30 tax? How does this make sense?
:) jajajja nothing in the US makes sense.
Are you really surprised about this?? Even Chinese people must find cheaper stuff here than in China :) lol jajaja
Fair Trade is called?? Lol

Zangano Cruel,

Gobrian

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

full charge, 1 stem, battery @ 6, another stem, battery @ 4...
will recharge and investigate

did another 2 stems, same thing.
should I be concerned I got a unit with a bad battery?
what do you guys get after 2 stems?
I will keep investigating...

Gobrian,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
was cruising amazon to see if any solos are showing up yet, and ran across these: http://www.amazon.com/SECRET-VAPORIZER-style-Steel-ARIZER/dp/B007YXXROC/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1347381052&sr=8-48&keywords=arizer solo

book shaped solo case...interesting, there were a couple of others listed... just had not seen these before so I thought I'd post it.

There were a few solo's on Amazon for around $165 and up, just not the really low cost ones. Funny I sent my 2nd one back as a return, after deciding to get a PAX, I think I mailed it the day the other's disappeared from Amazon. Wondering now if I should have waited, and kept that M107. I did not realize at the time they would suddenly not be there. My first solo is running strong, so I am not that worried, but had mixed feelings after the fact.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: mvapes

tig420

i just sold my m107 to my roommate which is good because it will not be far away hes always commuting to work and needed something for the drive it was my second one ive sold and i really like it but my buddies just seem to throw down offers on em. now i need ploom to hurry and send my replacement pax faster than ever

tig420,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
was cruising amazon to see if any solos are showing up yet, and ran across these: http://www.amazon.com/SECRET-VAPORIZER-style-Steel-ARIZER/dp/B007YXXROC/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1347381052&sr=8-48&keywords=arizer solo

book shaped solo case...interesting, there were a couple of others listed... just had not seen these before so I thought I'd post it.

There were a few solo's on Amazon, just not the really low cost ones. Funny I sent my 2nd one back as a return, after deciding to get a PAX, I think I mailed it the day the other's disappeared from Amazon. Wondering now if I should have waited, and kept that M107. I did not realize at the time they would suddenly not be there. My first solo is running strong, so I am not that worried, but had mixed feelings after the fact.

Thats a pretty cool case - I bought the pelican case 1250 and it works perfect and it is incredible when it comes to protection.

20120728_215635.jpg

20120728_215642.jpg

Gobrian

if my solo does indeed have battery issues, would I be better off contact puffitup or arizer (in fucking canada - crap)??

Gobrian,

rayski

I guess it time to understand : EVERY STEM will get loose, this is because of the design and the flexibility of the materials at 180C-210C.

Even Ed wood stem will become loose...there is no use to use it and let it fall because its loose...it just doesn't happen.

Moving on...
My stems from Ed don't get loose.

rayski,
Reactions: Ed's TnT
Top Bottom