Arizer Solo

Let me know how that goes... Just recently got it too and I've been going back and forth between 3 and 4.

Another thing: so is this a convection or conduction vap? I feel like my bud closer to the cup is more brown than the furthest most bud in the stem.
both. It has a little but of conduction and some convection as well.

VapeNStone,

Nic

Things that increase conduction: pull slowly, pack tighter, leave the stem in, allow ample heat-up time. Ed's stem holds heat longer and therefore probably has a little more conduction.

Things that increase convection: pull the stem out between hits, no additional heat-up period, pack lighter, pull harder, use PVHES (especially the turbo).

I like a little more convection than some, it all depends on how you like your cloud/flavor ratio. I like a little extra cloud with a slight sacrifice of flavor on most occasions. A PVHES on high settings is great, Ed's on lower settings is great in a different way. I recommend trying both.

Gobrian

Things that increase conduction: pull slowly, pack tighter, leave the stem in, allow ample heat-up time. Ed's stem holds heat longer and therefore probably has a little more conduction.

Things that increase convection: pull the stem out between hits, no additional heat-up period, pack lighter, pull harder, use PVHES (especially the turbo).

I like a little more convection than some, it all depends on how you like your cloud/flavor ratio. I like a little extra cloud with a slight sacrifice of flavor on most occasions. A PVHES on high settings is great, Ed's on lower settings is great in a different way. I recommend trying both.

Im definitely trying to decide which stem I want to get first...
Leaning towards Ed's right now...

Gobrian,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Nostra

Thanks for that helpful tip. Ive noticed i like to start with conduction on the first 3-4 hits then raise the setting to 5 or 6 then go to the convection technique where i get bigger clouds and can hold them in for longer.

Nostra,

thesoloman

Hey welcome to FC thesoloman ,
Straight up , was it easy to remove the bottom from the body , as others have stated ?
I'm not a real Handy-man , but I can handle a screwdriver and all .
And why did you have to remove the battery after 9 months ?
Did it die ?

TIA
Its amazingly easy, just unscrew the 4 screws and apply downword pressure to the heating element, and the plastic innerds slide out of the metal sleeve. when re-assembling the vape be careful that you do not over tighten the screws on the bottom. The battery is fine, however i periodically clean my whole vape inside and out, keeps it nice and fresh.

thesoloman,

poonman

Its amazingly easy, just unscrew the 4 screws and apply downword pressure to the heating element, and the plastic innerds slide out of the metal sleeve. when re-assembling the vape be careful that you do not over tighten the screws on the bottom. The battery is fine, however i periodically clean my whole vape inside and out, keeps it nice and fresh.

Cool , thanx .
Yeah I figure the unscrewing/removing part was the easy step .
It was the re-assembling step that worried me , yes the innerds as you say .
I didn't want to F up my Solo afterwards .
But I feel more confident now , it was recommended to keep it clean that way .

Once you removed the battery ;
What and how did you clean it ? Beneath the cooking chamber ?

TIA

poonman,

Tamataz

Icelander
Something terrible happened this evening. Sorry I'm really high & i was forced to combust NOOOOO!
I was going to toke from the vape but it wouldn't turn on. I charged fully a few days before because i know i would be smoking soon.

I pressed both buttons and nothing. I put it on the charger for like a half hr and it didn't charge at all. I feel like the battery is fucked because the blue light is coming on tho when charging. Had to resort to a Roor bong & the frothalator. This took me way to long to type this lmao.

Any suggestion?

Tamataz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So, I have been quite distracted away from the solo after getting the cloud, and now the pax. After using both of those devices for a bit, I am revisiting the solo, partially, to conserve (the others can be herb hogs) and partially to compare experiences. I am starting this seshion on 7, just so I can compare the high settings, been running the pax on high and putting the cloud up to 3o'clock. It is a little slower on the draw (as expected) but the taste is really fragrant. I can see that adding the PVHES gong will probably kick this experience up a few notches. Definitely still loving the solo!

poonman

Something terrible happened this evening. Sorry I'm really high & i was forced to combust NOOOOO!
I was going to toke from the vape but it wouldn't turn on. I charged fully a few days before because i know i would be smoking soon.

I pressed both buttons and nothing. I put it on the charger for like a half hr and it didn't charge at all. I feel like the battery is fucked because the blue light is coming on tho when charging. Had to resort to a Roor bong & the frothalator. This took me way to long to type this lmao.

Any suggestion?

The only thing I can add is ,
the blue light is suppose to be on when charging .
But ,
Is the Green light blinking at the top ?
With mine , the green light blinks until it is fully charge , then it just stays on when fully charged .
And it takes more than half hour before the levels 1 and 2 lights start to come on . ( from empty )

Hope that helps

poonman,

Tamataz

Icelander
Yes the blue light is on when its charging, and its flashing a red light above. But its not charging....

Tamataz,

poonman

Yes the blue light is on when its charging, and its flashing a red light above. But its not charging....

But no green light at all ?
You have seen the green light blinking before ?
That does not sound like it's charging then .
You might have to contact Arizer and ask or the place you purchased the Solo .

poonman,

mr_

I finally went to Home depot and found replacement MFLB battery caps to carry pre-loaded stems.

It was 84 cents for 2 of them, and they're called "screw protectors" in the nuts/bolts section.

Only difference is they're gray rather than black, but teh exact same thing. Now I'll have atleast 2 stems packed and ready to vape at all times.

Nic

So, I have been quite distracted away from the solo after getting the cloud, and now the pax. After using both of those devices for a bit, I am revisiting the solo, partially, to conserve (the others can be herb hogs) and partially to compare experiences. I am starting this seshion on 7, just so I can compare the high settings, been running the pax on high and putting the cloud up to 3o'clock. It is a little slower on the draw (as expected) but the taste is really fragrant. I can see that adding the PVHES gong will probably kick this experience up a few notches. Definitely still loving the solo!

I've been routinely starting on seven more often recently, with the Solo on my bub. Loving it. Def let us know how you think it compares to the Pax and Cloud's upper temps! Thanks Jam!

Nic,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, I tried sticking the stem in my Toro which has no drag. It works, but the draw is very restricted. I am probably just going to use this while in bed, as is. I might pick up an Ed's stem or something just for fun. I love packing it up, starting on 5 and slowly increasing to 7. This thing is legit!

Tamataz

Icelander
Update on my non-working unit. Took it apart and measured the battery, it was indeed at full charge. (8 volts) So its not the battery, maybe the circuit board is fubar. But the unit had AVB inside of it.

Tamataz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
U crazy, jamb... :mental:

Any conclusions?

Yes, I concluded that I still love my solo, it cranks out the vapor at 7, and I NEED a PVHES gong stem STAT! :lol: I am always impressed with the good flavor I get from solo hits. The Cloud and Pax both taste good, but I don't get the fragrant taste like I do with the solo, esp. adding water filtration into the equation. I feel I have the 3 best vapes on the market right now to rotate between, depending on the situation or fancy.

jambandphan03,

Gobrian

Yes, I concluded that I still love my solo, it cranks out the vapor at 7, and I NEED a PVHES gong stem STAT! :lol: I am always impressed with the good flavor I get from solo hits. The Cloud and Pax both taste good, but I don't get the fragrant taste like I do with the solo, esp. adding water filtration into the equation. I feel I have the 3 best vapes on the market right now to rotate between, depending on the situation or fancy.

Do you like 7 vs 4?
(I'm using 4 right now - most people are saying to start there)

The vap is great, but I'm really trying to tweak out my experience. I really want to order a wooden stem.......

Gobrian,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Do you like 7 vs 4?
(I'm using 4 right now - most people are saying to start there)

The vap is great, but I'm really trying to tweak out my experience. I really want to order a wooden stem.......

It's going to be all personal preference. A lot of go with higher temp as we're using the solo in conjunction with a waterpipe. Personally when vaping dry I start with 5 and adjust to 6 mid session then end with a couple of pulls on 7.

mvapes,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i almost agree with mvapes and others on here. when i use my solo with my bubbler i start on 6 and somewhere along the way i switch to 7. as for when i am just hitting the solo without the bubbler, i start out on 4 for the full 12 minutes then when it does its auto switch off, i turn it back on and set it to 5 or 6 and do another 8 to 12 minutes.

mmenzie,

Gobrian

I just had a sesh @ 7. Did fast draws (as fast as the stock 4 hole stem and solo allows) and removed the stem in between hits. Was getting huge clouds man, and was working well, until I forgot to remove the stem in between 2 hits, and when I did I looked at the bowl and the bud was just brown roasted....

Are there any stems that keep the bud a little further away from the cup, but still within the hot airflow?

Gobrian,

Drxx

It's going to be all personal preference. A lot of go with higher temp as we're using the solo in conjunction with a waterpipe. Personally when vaping dry I start with 5 and adjust to 6 mid session then end with a couple of pulls on 7.

I've tinkered with starting out at 4 or 5. The way I do my draws, 4 seems most efficient to me because I get more hits from it.

My girl prefers 5 because it's cloudier, but since she's a talker it cooks quicker haha.

I've never vaped at 7 yet. Highest I've gone is 6, and it's only at the end of my session to maximize the herb. Might try 7 soon since it doesn't seem to be out of the norm around here. :)

Drxx,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've tinkered with starting out at 4 or 5. The way I do my draws, 4 seems most efficient to me because I get more hits from it.

My girl prefers 5 because it's cloudier, but since she's a talker it cooks quicker haha.

I've never vaped at 7 yet. Highest I've gone is 6, and it's only at the end of my session to maximize the herb. Might try 7 soon since it doesn't seem to be out of the norm around here. :)

This is exactly how I was doing it, staying at 4 until the very end, then 6 to finish it off. Just never felt the need to go higher. Then I got the pax and ran it on high, and it womped me in the head! I couldn't believe how medicated I felt. So naturally I had to see if the solo could perform in a similar manor on 7, and sure enough, it was a close match. I think addition of the PVHES gong will improve it quite drastically. I think some of this is just a phase, I have been steadily vaping at lower temps for months now, and just venturing into higher temp vaping. It's fun and exciting, but I can see the need to back it off soon so I don't kill my tolerance.

I get quite antsie when I pass the solo and people hold it and talk... :lol:

jambandphan03,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Welcome to the forum Drx - My wife is the same way lol - I always tell her "as much as I love to talk with you I hate to burn my weed". Make sure you keep in mind that as you increase temp, although the solo requires very little technique it still requires a slight variance in draw speed to accommodate the heat. My draws at lower temp are as I describe to friends that I teach to vape as "low and slow" - I pull from deep within my lungs as opposed to the higher temperature where my pulls are a bit faster with less concentration in my chest. It doesn't take long to find your sweet spot with a solo but I will say, all the practice sure makes for a shit load of fun! :D

mvapes,
Top Bottom