Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
Never thought of putting the cotton on that side of the bowl. Got my cotton situated in there like so now, hopefully i'll like it better than a screen. Tired of cleaning the screen so often (24/7 use).

Interesting, I rarely have to clean my screens, unless it's with kif, but maybe we're using difference guage screens.

Whatever way you're doing it, I hope you're using organic cotton. Cotton uses more chemical pesticides than almost any other plant. Here's some info;
Why should you use organic cotton on your skin? Consider these facts:
  • According to the Sustainable Cotton Project and Pesticide Action Network North America, cotton used about 23 percent of the world’s insecticides and more than 10 percent of all pesticides.
  • In the U.S., it takes about one-third of a pound of chemicals to grow enough cotton for one T-shirt. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, more than 53 million pounds of pesticides and 1.6 billion pounds of synthetic fertilizers were applied to 11.9 million acres of cotton in 1996.
  • In California, five of the top nine pesticides used on cotton are cancer-causing chemicals.
  • Cotton is the crop with the third-heaviest pesticide use.
  • Dioxin (a by-product of bleaching, cotton defoliating, and starch sizing) was found in residual amounts on T-shirts in 1994 by a researcher.
  • In California, where over one million acres of cotton are grown each year, cotton production ranks second for total amount of pesticides used.
    Source: Sustainable Cotton Project and Pesticide Action Network

I'm not very concerned. For the teeniest wisps I use off a qtip, i'd be more worried about what happens with my meds when they're grown/harvested. I get from a reputable legitimate compassion club (MedMe), but still you never know what the growers ultimately do. Regardless, I choose to live my life without worry and fear.

vape4life,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'd imagine we'd be able to taste or notice the presence of such chemicals, I always do a few pulls before I add any oil just to make sure.

Seems like customs has decided that my shipment of electronics equipment needs to get check out so I'm still waiting on what I need to change my Arizer battery. I really do hate Canadian Customs lol.

CentiZen,

steven22

where do you most of you guys purchase your screens? I need new ones (been using left over arizer extreme screens and ran out) nothing fancy, just affordable ones that work as needed and fit great
and .5" are is the accepted size for all you guys right?

thank you

steven22,

vape4life

Banned for life
where do you most of you guys purchase your screens? I need new ones (been using left over arizer extreme screens and ran out) nothing fancy, just affordable ones that work as needed and fit great

thank you

Planet Vape's screens are awesome! Fit perfect and mesh size is bigger than normal so airflow is really good. Or you could just go to the local head shop and pick up normal screens and cut them.

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

thank you
I find these screens to fit perfectly with a gentle dome shape. They are 1/2". My LHS doesn't sell them, so I buy them from Dave. http://www.underdogvapes.com/index.php/catalog/accessories/screens/
:2c:

Stu,
Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@ Stu

I also purchase my Solo stem screens from Dave at UD. His screens fit perfectly to make a dome screen and they do not clog up as easily as some other screens I have used in the Solo. I usually change out the screen once every 2 weeks after using the Solo multiple times every day.

Gonzo,
Reactions: Stu
iloveb00bs, what are you using to connect the aquavape to the solo and what size is it, the small 5 inch one or the large inch one?

Donny187,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
iloveb00bs, what are you using to connect the aquavape to the solo and what size is it, the small 5 inch one or the large inch one?

i'm using my short stem that i made with some tubing. but you can use one of the gong pieces too.i wouldn't recommend using the stealth adapter.
p3173881.jpg
p3173880.jpg

LOL Love your sound effects... Sounded kind of harsh...

What was that?? Herb??? And any idea how much? .02???? Just wondering how efficient the Solo is?

yeah sorry its alway noisy at my work place. it just herb i just cranked it up to 7 to show clouds for the video and i was already pretty vake. i don't really know how much herb i pack. it a full bowl not packed. :ko:

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: NineDelta

shadyonedeath

So just to ease my mind because I always want the "BEST" version of things...There's absolutely no difference between the M106 and M107 correct? Aside from the M106 having a Loose stem seal...

Does the company warrant this? Will they send me a replacement updated seal if I ask?

bump please

mod note- From the rules page-
  • No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.

shadyonedeath,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you say that aquavape will fit the 14mm gong attachment bowl? I am very curious, might end up getting this.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ok, I am guessing the weight is why the stealth adapter won't work then? I have that already, and have tubing...

jambandphan03,
so I'm curious why would you not recommend using the stealth adapter with the aqua vape. Too restricted? Does it work at all? even with tubing?

*edit* ha jamba you posted the same question as me at the same time.

Donny187,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
It can still work, but the stealth plus aquavape may gave u a very restricted draw. Just did my fix on the stealth adapter maybe I'll test it out later.

ilovebOObs,
Interesting, I rarely have to clean my screens, unless it's with kif, but maybe we're using difference guage screens.

I'm not very concerned. For the teeniest wisps I use off a qtip, i'd be more worried about what happens with my meds when they're grown/harvested. I get from a reputable legitimate compassion club (MedMe), but still you never know what the growers ultimately do. Regardless, I choose to live my life without worry and fear.
I would look into a new supplier. I don't even live in a medical and I know who the growers are and exactly what they do to it. I would think that you would be able to at least meet the growers and talk with them? I mean not everyone gets the luxury of seeing the actual garden, but at least to know how its handled? I would demand it, if I were buying from a dispensary.

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
I would look into a new supplier. I don't even live in a medical and I know who the growers are and exactly what they do to it. I would think that you would be able to at least meet the growers and talk with them? I mean not everyone gets the luxury of seeing the actual garden, but at least to know how its handled? I would demand it, if I were buying from a dispensary.

No, MedMe is Canada's largest medicinal provider and I have no other choice but to trust them. I used to have a personal designated grower who used nothing but organic nutes but I didn't "really" know what he may have been up to and his buds were always only mediocre anyway. Medme's buds are AAA consistently.

Back to the Solo.... so I just fucking in haled a flake of ABV! lol I almost puked too. Basically I am pretty OCD about cleanliness with my vapes, grinders, and just shit in general. So I like to dry qtip the heater after each use (because i'm paranoid about the Solo getting the kind of old weed/ roasted garlic smell) and always a quick forceful blow into it to remove whatever ABV there could be. I also from time to time put my lips on the bottom of the unit and blow. You can "feel" the hot air come out the top when you do this and sometimes a flake or two of ABV will come out. I also invert it and gently shake and sometimes get ABV as well.

I have only had the Solo for a few days, and today I put my lips to the top cap and inhaled and lots of ABV came out! Unfortunately the second time I inhaled is when I got the flake lodged. Got super medicated which is rare for me with my extreme tolerance.

So i'm assuming this is going to mean me opening up the unit for regular mainentance? I can see some units become stinky if this ABV builds up. I remember someone else on here pages and pages back indicated that they had opened up their units and found some ABV flakes. Not sure how it gets in there, it can't be through the 4 tiny holes cuz they are actual flakes.

I'm still elated with my m107 and how there is no chemical/solder smell after the initial burnoff. Still testing clean dry stems (no herbs) to see if I can still "taste" the solder like I did when it was new.

vape4life,

hogleg

vape4life if you put an o ring between the cap and the heater it will keep most abv out of the body of the unit.

hogleg,
Top Bottom