Arizer Solo

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
here is an aquavape video i promised. working pretty good now after i fixed the air flow problem. i wouldn't recommend an aquavape if you are having a stiff draw problem. sorry its really hard to see the vape in the video bad lighting i guess.:ugh:

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
here is an aquavape video

Looks good + fun!

Q: What # do you set it at usually? I set my m106 on #2 - but lately haven't had much great stuff - so it's on #3... #2 is perfect for me, for taste and experience. However - if I want vapor production - I think at least 4 is needed. Just wondering if it's different for you , especially with your new stem modification.

sessnet,

vape4life

Banned for life
Looks good + fun!

Q: What # do you set it at usually? I set my m106 on #2 - but lately haven't had much great stuff - so it's on #3... #2 is perfect for me, for taste and experience. However - if I want vapor production - I think at least 4 is needed. Just wondering if it's different for you , especially with your new stem modification.

So you don't get vapour production on 2 or 3? lol I guess you like it just for the taste, but even with no exhales you get medicated?

vape4life,
Reactions: sessnet

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yes - I get very minimal vapor on 2 - but it tastes so fresh, and makes me feel so fresh and "new". :D

There is still some visible vapor - just not huge clouds.

After about 7 hits, barely any vapor. However, if I really wanted to (and I did this to show my friends), after getting 7 or so REALLY nice hits of #2, you can then dial it up to #7 and let your friends hit it :p They will get at least like 10 more HUGE hits with huge clouds... They thought I was doing them a favor, but they combust - so they don't really know what I know :) So everyone is happy.

Really good herb + Solo on #2 = a few good hits, super taste, and super feeling (for me). I wouldn't trade that for anything! :tup:

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i'm a 4-5 kind of guy. sometimes higher depends on how much time i have to vape. but never below 4.

ilovebOObs,

natural farmer

I 'll go with 4 too on my new M105. The taste is more concentrated than at 2 or 3 but not as harsh as at 6 or 7...

And another thing... Why do we need screens? If many of you use both screens and cotton, then why the screen? I just use cotton and its great. The stem is pure vapor honey, very light in colour...

bqzSjJ

natural farmer,

vape4life

Banned for life
I 'll go with 4 too on my new M105. The taste is more concentrated than at 2 or 3 but not as harsh as at 6 or 7...

And another thing... Why do we need screens? If many of you use both screens and cotton, then why the screen? I just use cotton and its great. The stem is pure vapor honey, very light in colour...

bqzSjJ

I tried just with cotton and no screen, but found it a pain after the herb was cached...i would have to toss the cotton with the abv and I didn't like that. I like to keep my abv (separate from cotton) and keep my cotton for vaping after it gets saturated.

I too was a 4-5 temp guy, but now with my new m107 i'm hitting it at 3, and i've tried 2 with very light tasty vapour too. Basically I think that the Solo's temp range is now PERFECT, and I utilize it from low temp vapours at 2 all the way to blasting it at 7!

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I have a few waiting...saving them for a rainy day (or better yet - dry day). :brow:

vape4life - did you try the cotton this way:

solostems.jpg

I pulled it out so you can see...but you don't need that much I realized...maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of that...

sessnet,

vape4life

Banned for life
I have a few waiting...saving them for a rainy day (or better yet - dry day). :brow:

solostems.jpg

I pulled it out so you can see...but you don't need that much I realized...maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of that...

Haven't tried that way, i'd be afraid to inhale the cotton! lol I use a tiny fraction of that amount. Just the thinnest layer tucked in right under a slightly domed screen (that i mostly flatten in the bowl). This way your stem stays clean and you get more particulates/actives in your cotton for better results later :)

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I prefer my way :) I get to see the oil build up more... and it won't get sucked in - in fact it's a bit of a pain because it sticks to the sides...also I always either use a vapor tamer or water pipe - so it would get sucked into there - which hasn't happened yet.

Truthfully I haven't tried your way because it seems it limits the amount of herb that can be put (a bit), and I am afraid of vaporizing the oil in the cotton too early, since it is so close. I assume more builds up with the cotton on the far end...but I will give that way a try - it is fun to experiment :)

sessnet,

vape4life

Banned for life
I prefer my way :) I get to see the oil build up more... and it won't get sucked in - in fact it's a bit of a pain because it sticks to the sides...also I always either use a vapor tamer or water pipe - so it would get sucked into there - which hasn't happened yet.

Truthfully I haven't tried your way because it seems it limits the amount of herb that can be put (a bit), and I am afraid of vaporizing the oil in the cotton too early, since it is so close. I assume more builds up with the cotton on the far end...but I will give that way a try - it is fun to experiment :)

Well think about it, everything that is in your stem, would be in the cotton (mostly). It doesn't take up ANY room, it's just a very thin layer under the screen, and in fact even kind of "fills in" the holes in the stem (without adversely affecting airflow much). The screen is nearly flat so you basically have your entire chamber to fill. I guess you're right, I suppose some of the oils off the cotton do vaporize, but after many, many bowls, I still have cotton that gives off tonnes of vapour, more than enough for my satisfaction. I will have to save some up though, as I would like to know what the high is like from sober. I've only vaped the cotton after many herb bowls lol

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Well think about it, everything that is in your stem, would be in the cotton (mostly). It doesn't take up ANY room, it's just a very thin layer under the screen, and in fact even kind of "fills in" the holes in the stem (without adversely affecting airflow much). The screen is nearly flat so you basically have your entire chamber to fill. I guess you're right, I suppose some of the oils off the cotton do vaporize, but after many, many bowls, I still have cotton that gives off tonnes of vapour, more than enough for my satisfaction. I will have to save some up though, as I would like to know what the high is like from sober. I've only vaped the cotton after many herb bowls lol

Makes sense - and worth a shot!

sessnet,

cycleb

Haven't tried that way, i'd be afraid to inhale the cotton! lol I use a tiny fraction of that amount. Just the thinnest layer tucked in right under a slightly domed screen (that i mostly flatten in the bowl). This way your stem stays clean and you get more particulates/actives in your cotton for better results later :)
Whatever way you're doing it, I hope you're using organic cotton. Cotton uses more chemical pesticides than almost any other plant. Here's some info;
Why should you use organic cotton on your skin? Consider these facts:
  • According to the Sustainable Cotton Project and Pesticide Action Network North America, cotton used about 23 percent of the world’s insecticides and more than 10 percent of all pesticides.
  • In the U.S., it takes about one-third of a pound of chemicals to grow enough cotton for one T-shirt. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, more than 53 million pounds of pesticides and 1.6 billion pounds of synthetic fertilizers were applied to 11.9 million acres of cotton in 1996.
  • In California, five of the top nine pesticides used on cotton are cancer-causing chemicals.
  • Cotton is the crop with the third-heaviest pesticide use.
  • Dioxin (a by-product of bleaching, cotton defoliating, and starch sizing) was found in residual amounts on T-shirts in 1994 by a researcher.
  • In California, where over one million acres of cotton are grown each year, cotton production ranks second for total amount of pesticides used.
    Source: Sustainable Cotton Project and Pesticide Action Network

cycleb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Whatever way you're doing it, I hope you're using organic cotton. Cotton uses more chemical pesticides than almost any other plant. Here's some info;
Why should you use organic cotton on your skin? Consider these facts:
  • According to the Sustainable Cotton Project and Pesticide Action Network North America, cotton used about 23 percent of the world’s insecticides and more than 10 percent of all pesticides.
  • In the U.S., it takes about one-third of a pound of chemicals to grow enough cotton for one T-shirt. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, more than 53 million pounds of pesticides and 1.6 billion pounds of synthetic fertilizers were applied to 11.9 million acres of cotton in 1996.
  • In California, five of the top nine pesticides used on cotton are cancer-causing chemicals.
  • Cotton is the crop with the third-heaviest pesticide use.
  • Dioxin (a by-product of bleaching, cotton defoliating, and starch sizing) was found in residual amounts on T-shirts in 1994 by a researcher.
  • In California, where over one million acres of cotton are grown each year, cotton production ranks second for total amount of pesticides used.
    Source: Sustainable Cotton Project and Pesticide Action Network

I bought some organic cotton from Whole Foods - and it smells like perfume - I refuse to use it. The cotton on Johnson and Johnson qtips has no smell...it's also the one Vitolo recommends.

Do you have some cotton link/brands that you would suggest?

sessnet,
Reactions: cycleb

cycleb

I bought some organic cotton from Whole Foods - and it smells like perfume - I refuse to use it. The cotton on Johnson and Johnson qtips has no smell...it's also the one Vitolo recommends.

Do you have some cotton link/brands that you would suggest?
Find a small health food store, and look for cotton packed in something that will prohibit cross contamination of smells. Sadly, the purer it is, probably the more susceptible to absorbing other smells. I wonder if you can use organic hemp string, loosely coiled under the screen, then vape that?
;-{)

cycleb,

PuffItUp

Retailer
I have a freaking great high thanks to my new friend. It finally came and I am soooooo haaaapyyyyyy..... I am NOT happy with PUFFITUP as they sent me an M105 even if I asked them for an M107 but it seems to work great at 4-5 for me so maybe I will forgive them. But next order will be from somewhere else (I also had problems with them when ordering)! Soooo, the clouds are great, the taste is great, the stems fit fine, not loose, not tight but the airflow is much more constricted than I expected. It seems like I am fighting with the stem. Maybe I should pack lighter (but then many particles fall in the bowl). For the time I am using a small piece of cotton until I get some screens so I don't get any herb in my mouth, so that's ok for now!
Anyway! GREAT HI!!! :science:

Oh!!! And the MFLB is already packed and ready for sale! :wave:

Send me a email when you have a chance at Randy@puffitup.com and I will make sure your solo is replaced with the 107

RobbyGhb

solostems.jpg

Never thought of putting the cotton on that side of the bowl. Got my cotton situated in there like so now, hopefully i'll like it better than a screen. Tired of cleaning the screen so often (24/7 use).

RobbyGhb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
:tup: Sort of like a cigarette. Just to clarify, the cotton is right at the tip at the far end, in that picture I pulled it out a tiny bit with a metal toothpick.

sessnet,

woobawoot

hi sessnet, it says that you own a ThermoVape? I was wondering how effective the Pure-Flow Inline Filter and Moisture Conditioner was:huh:

woobawoot,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
hi sessnet, it says that you own a ThermoVape? I was wondering how effective the Pure-Flow Inline Filter and Moisture Conditioner was:huh:

Hi! I Just got it today 30 minutes ago :) About to try... If you read the ThermoVape (and ThermoVape Revolution) thread - some people already posted their opinions. However, one person here mentioned they would try it (or did try already) with their Solo stem - thanks for reminding me :)

sessnet,

woobawoot

YESSS pleasse let me know :p
I really want a better filter on the solo :tup: (although I haven't even received it lol)

woobawoot,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ok, so I finally got around to shooting a duo solo vid. :tup:
Its currently rendering or something on my Mac, so I should be able to have it up by tomorrow.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I tried putting a little bit of cotton (say 2/3 of 1 end of a q tip) under my screen, it restricted the draw quite a bit.
Way more than I was expecting.
After that I've just stuck with screens.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom