Arizer Solo

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Or at the very least improve vaping performance as I think more efficient dissipation will use more juice. Infact you may even need to totally re-do all the settings for PWM values and such but after the retune it should be incredible. Makes me wonder how long its going to take for someone to figure out how to access the computer interface pins on the solo board then perhaps we can tune our own solo's how we like them. I know id love a unit I could let suck more juice for better draw compensation when I had it running off mains.

AceTK,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I dont even know if i pissed anyone off? But sorry? Haha lets all just admit we are alll pretty high on this forum, sorry to hear about the flux issues and such, backp vapes are nice :) i havebt had any smell issues and i ordered from amazon from nw healthtek if that helps anyone. Its wake n bake time! Gonna shoot some hd shit :)

Btw sess my local dispens and me are friends :) many free samples, they now carry thermovapes and other vapes, as they are suppulied by gotvape :D

Im still yet to go see how moonrocks are made here in CO i need to hit up travis and get some pics :)

Xchadb,

tintest

AceTK said:
Or at the very least improve vaping performance as I think more efficient dissipation will use more juice. Infact you may even need to totally re-do all the settings for PWM values and such but after the retune it should be incredible. Makes me wonder how long its going to take for someone to figure out how to access the computer interface pins on the solo board then perhaps we can tune our own solo's how we like them. I know id love a unit I could let suck more juice for better draw compensation when I had it running off mains.
To much thinking more vaping :lol:

tintest,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Intensive thinking then intensive innovation and modding then hopefully heavily improved uniquely potent vaping session :D

AceTK,

tintest

OhTheAgony said:
Man, is this still going on? I thought you were getting a refund so you could take your business elsewhere over a month ago?

Communication isn't Vaposhops strongest suit I know, I hope this will be the end of it for you finally anyways.

Wat, I think you're being a little harsh there brother. It seems to me that the Chad was just replying to Jamba's post above you you old stoner ;)

Awesome first post indeed Tintest! Welcome to FC!

Did you make sure your o-ring is heat resistant, and what kind of metal are you using for the little screen/plate?
Thnks for the props :)
The O ring is the standard type I got it at homedepot. As for heat resistance it hasnt been a problem. I inspected the O ring several times when I fist installed it. It still looks as new.

Disk is stainless steel :D:D

tintest,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think that is why the double screen in the bowl works, I have the herb separated from the bottom of the heat chamber with a screen, so almost no particles are dropping down to burn, and it allows a hot air space to form under the screen. So far it's working great, and the flavor is much improved. I wouldn't mind being able to vape some oils or hash though, that metal disk would open up more territory for that. Nice work on the disk!

jambandphan03,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
what gauge stainless? like, say, 0.010" (30 gauge, i think)? could you just punch the holes instead of drilling -- the punch edge would also give some height like provided by the dimple.

Hippie Dickie,

tintest

jambandphan03 said:
I think that is why the double screen in the bowl works, I have the herb separated from the bottom of the heat chamber with a screen, so almost no particles are dropping down to burn, and it allows a hot air space to form under the screen. So far it's working great, and the flavor is much improved. I wouldn't mind being able to vape some oils or hash though, that metal disk would open up more territory for that. Nice work on the disk!

I tried the screen too and your right it works good. Honey oil was my main reason for the disk If you noticed I have a dimple in the center of the disk, that was the first dimple punched. It was to be a holder for the little glob of honey. The other dimples were added later so the disk would sit level.
DSC05413-1.jpg
DSC05412-1.jpg

If I were to redo it, there would only be three dimples in a triangle pattern. You dont realy need to make a dimple for the honey oil it wont ooze anywhere. I did not want holes at the bottom of the units bowl to get all grungy. The heat chamber was a byproduct. The result though was well vaped herb. And Im able to vape my harvested stem honey!

tintest,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
I would just like to say i have alot of respect for your work with the bud toaster in the other forums Hippie Dickie. :)

AceTK,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
did a vapor tamer+solo vid, gonna learn how to edit video today, will prove to be usefull for cutting out dull moments

Xchadb,

tintest

Hippie Dickie said:
what gauge stainless? like, say, 0.010" (30 gauge, i think)? could you just punch the holes instead of drilling -- the punch edge would also give some height like provided by the dimple.
Stainless Steel disk was punched from 316 Sheet 24 Gauge, 0.024". The holes are punched and youre right they do make dimples, but I found I had to re flatten the disk because the airflow was restricted. The punched inside lip of the holes lay flat on the bottom of the bowl so no air could get through them. By re flattening the disk then dimpling the legs creates a table like rise. Hope that makes sense? :/

tintest,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yes. thanks. i'm really kind of an idiot about phyical fabricating, too many simple minded ideas that just don't work well.

Hippie Dickie,

N. Todd

^Not a Pothead
First post regarding my first vaporizer; bear with me. I just received my Arizer Solo M106 in the mail. I am anxiously waiting for the battery to charge so I can spend some quality time with her later this afternoon. One thing i noticed, however, is that the glass stems (4 hole version) seem VERY difficult to 'push' into the heating chamber. I actually have not pushed one all the way in yet as it feels like they (one straight, one bent) are going to break. Am I safe to push it in all the way (I know; That's what she said!) or am I missing an easy trick? I know these stems have been made to fit a little tighter that they did previously, but I really feel like the stems are going to break. Thanks for the help.

Also, if this question has already been answered in the thread, please forgive me. I searched numerous phrases/words with no luck. Thanks again.

N. Todd,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hi! I had the same problem, and was sort of scared to put it in, since it seemed it didn't fit (ha!).

I basically said "F it" , and shoved it in there.

I would say don't be scared, and just shove it in there, it will go.

If you are still uncertain, heat it up, and it will go in easier.

Welcome to the board!

:cool:

Edit: Once I got it in - I never seemed to have that problem again. It was just the first time.

sessnet,
N. Todd said:
First post regarding my first vaporizer; bear with me. I just received my Arizer Solo M106 in the mail. I am anxiously waiting for the battery to charge so I can spend some quality time with her later this afternoon. One thing i noticed, however, is that the glass stems (4 hole version) seem VERY difficult to 'push' into the heating chamber. I actually have not pushed one all the way in yet as it feels like they (one straight, one bent) are going to break. Am I safe to push it in all the way (I know; That's what she said!) or am I missing an easy trick? I know these stems have been made to fit a little tighter that they did previously, but I really feel like the stems are going to break. Thanks for the help.

Also, if this question has already been answered in the thread, please forgive me. I searched numerous phrases/words with no luck. Thanks again.

Heat it up once it is done charging to level 7 then put the stem in. I couldn't push the stem in cold either. But once it is heated up it goes in nicely. After you do this the stem should go in cold the second time and beyond.

Blackpanthaa,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
Blackpanthaa said:
N. Todd said:

Heat it up once it is done charging to level 7 then put the stem in. I couldn't push the stem in cold either. But once it is heated up it goes in nicely. After you do this the stem should go in cold the second time and beyond.

Check out this demo for the glass tube fix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gxdADBGNE

Vapor S. Thompson,

tintest

N. Todd said:

Try warming up the unit before you put the stem in. The heat should expand the bowl a bit. As you use it should get better. Happy vapeing!

tintest,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Vapor S. Thompson: Good Review... I got the stainless M105 and the stems are loose like your 104... The more I am learning about the Solo, the more I am thinking about sending mine back and going after a newer model. I really don't care for the loose stem, that is my biggest complaint so far.

jambandphan03,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
AceTK,

N. Todd

^Not a Pothead
Perfect information from all. VST, you're video is spot on for the issue I was having; perhaps I should've checked Youtube prior to just making the post on here. Oh well. I heated the unit and the stems went in pretty easily. Nice and snug but nothing broke. Thanks again everyone!

FYI - The Solo and I are getting along very well in the short time we have known each other.

N. Todd,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
N. Todd said:
Perfect information from all. VST, you're video is spot on for the issue I was having; perhaps I should've checked Youtube prior to just making the post on here. Oh well. I heated the unit and the stems went in pretty easily. Nice and snug but nothing broke. Thanks again everyone!

FYI - The Solo and I are getting along very well in the short time we have known each other.

Glad that video can help others. I freaked out when my M-106 arrived since I was used to my loose fitting M-104 model that I already had.

I plan to do a more in-depth follow up review with some tips and tricks; it will be on that same youtube channel.

stay toasty my friend,
Vapor S. Thompson

Vapor S. Thompson,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
Vapor S. Thompson,
Top Bottom