Arizer Solo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
is there any kind of hose attachment for the solo, or something that would work to put a hose on, that is not as long as the stems that come with it? I don't know much of anything about glass...

jambandphan03,

Spezialemic

Frederick McGuire said:
Spezialemic said:
Could anyone compile and post an up-to-date list of all the third party accessories that will work with the arizer solo?

Ps. Apparently planetvape (or another retailer I'm not remembering) is bringing out some gong stems soon, which I (and I'm sure many others) are eagerly awaiting.

Ooh that's really interesting. I hope those come out soon.

Spezialemic,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
MrNorml said:
Spezialemic said:
Could anyone compile and post an up-to-date list of all the third party accessories that will work with the arizer solo?

I did this http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj584/MrNormlAZ/IMG_0550-1.jpg which let me do this http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj584/MrNormlAZ/solo-glass.jpg fitting into the downstem of a Flawless bubbler nicely.

Where did you get that or where can I get it? I figure I only need a few inches MAX of that tubing. What size is that so I can try to track it down (and find a good price)?

I am assuming not just any kind of material will do...

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks!

I bought that as well as some glass Adapters. Can't wait to start messing around with glass!

sessnet,

2clicker

Observer
Blackpanthaa said:
The m105 was the best thing i've smoked dope out of...until I got the m107.

you didnt smoke dope out of a solo... remember? ;)

im ordering one of these soon i think. as a new daily driver. im tired of using a whip all the time at home. need something more compact than a desktop. i guess ill be on the hunt for an m107 :uhoh:

2clicker,
My 105 didn't have the snug tephlon ring, the glass stem doesn't go anywhere now...you can hold the thing upside down if you want. Although lots have said it becomes looser after lots of use which is a shame. Vapor is way thicker and better quality on 4 than it was on 7 on the m105. The black is even more black now lol. I'm not sure if the m107 is different than the 106 though...never seen it. The battery life is about the same I'd say...same with heat up time.

Blackpanthaa,

Patrick310

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums and i've been reading some of the Arizer Solo thread but haven't gotten through all 191 pages... haha. Anyways i saw something that there are problems with certain models, i dont really remember where in there, and the model i have is a m103 which i think has air flow and another minor setback/problem. I bought it off an online provider about 2 months ago in December so is there any reason i should of been sold this model?

Also when using the vaporizer, by glass stem collects a residue of burnt bud along with looks like vapor dropplets, anyway to clean this?

Also where does the screen go in the stem if i decide to have one?

Pretty much i enjoy it so far, nonetheless.

~Patrick

Patrick310,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Patrick310 said:
Hey guys,

Also when using the vaporizer, by glass stem collects a residue of burnt bud along with looks like vapor dropplets, anyway to clean this?
Those "vapor droplets" are worth their weight in gold. That oil is very potent and can be put into a 14mm bong and torched for many, many tasty hits, or you can soak them in ISO and reclaim the goodies by evaporation.

Check out the Vaporpedia entry for more tips and tricks.

:peace:

Stu,
VapeNStone said:
Blackpanthaa said:
The m105 was the best thing i've smoked dope out of...until I got the m107.
and that post explains the huge difference in the m105 and the m107.

No need to be a smart ass. Read below, I named some differences I noticed there.

Blackpanthaa,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Trying an experiment.

I stuck some cotton in the stem by the mouthpiece. I hope this serves a couple of purposes:

1. Reduce any oil that I might be inhaling (reduce the oil that is making the vapor harsh).

2. Keep any oil inside the stem better, and keep it from sliding out on inhale etc.

3. Hopefully trap oil in the cotton to be vaped later.

I dropped my MLFB glass stem, and it broke, and there goes my oil collecting in the MFLB stem experiment.

I am REALLY liking my oily-as-hell, stinky-as-hell Solo stem - because there is a lot of room to collect oil.

Doing pretty good so far - its getting pretty oily - but it seems it might be escaping somehow - since it isn't building up as fast, or as much any more.

Hopefully the oil can build up more this way...only time will tell!

sessnet,

shadyonedeath

anyone else reach their tolerance peak by over using their Solo?

Barely getting 40 min highs anymore.

shadyonedeath,

Errol

Star
sessnet said:
Doing pretty good so far - its getting pretty oily - but it seems it might be escaping somehow - since it isn't building up as fast, or as much any more.

Hopefully the oil can build up more this way...only time will tell!

My theory is that the oil stops building up beyond a certain point because when you use the Solo upright, excess oil melts and runs back down into the heating chamber where it is vaporised. If so, it is not being wasted, but if you mainly want to collect oil, try using the Solo upside down.

Your idea of a bit of cotton wool in the mouthpiece looks interesting. Only downside is the possibility of sucking it out and inhaling it. I use a wisp of cotton wool in the bowl, instead of a wire mesh filter. This completely stops tiny bits of hot herb dust making it into my throat. I found that the wire screens do let fine dust through, though it is mostly too fine to see, it does make the taste a bit hotter and harsher. Cotton wool is pretty close to tasteless in a vape. When the filter becomes clogged with dust and residue, just replace it - I am still on my first cotton wool ball after several weeks.

Errol,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That's awesome! Cotton instead of a screen...

And you are right - upside down is how I am using my Solo now.

Sort of funny, since the first time I tried my Solo, it I turned it upside down to put the stem in, and though it had to stay upside down while using it, for some reason... :ko:

sessnet,

tintest

Hello all
Im new here and too using forums, I stumbled across an Arizer Solo completely by accident. On day while searching the local craigslist site I was drawn to an ad for a like new vaporizer for $80.00 being a medical smoker I had used a vaporizer long ago but gave up on them because of cost and complexity of use. (If that makes sense?) So I sent the guy a text to see if it was still available. It was and we negotiated a price of $60.00 We met up at a local restaurant he showed me how the unit worked and I was off on my merry way. So I get home, loaded a bowl and sat back to see what level of relief I could get for $60.00
WOW I GOT AN ARIZER SOLO FOR $60.00!

I cant believe it. Now that I have done the research I found that its a model M105 with SS bowl. Ive owned it now for about 3 weeks and have made some modifications to mine that you all might be interested in. My wife says Im like BSF I make things better. First off let me say. In the 3 weeks I have owned this unit I did not do any research on problems people had useing it. So if I go over the same issues or observations please excuse my redundancy. The first issue I found was the need for a screen in the stem. Eazy, next thing I found was that the draw on my unit was slow and labored. Looking at the unit there are small holes at the bottom of the bowl that draws the air in. I took a small round file and made the holes at the bottom of my unit a bit larger.

That helped a little. Then I put a screen in the bowl to keep the herb out, since I made the holes larger. That also helped then I noticed that if I wiggled the stem I could get more air but that lead to the next issue. I found I could not cook a full bowl. What I mean is at low temps the back part of the herb would be left green and looked un-vaporized. At higher temps 6 and 7 the front of the bowl was dark and looked and tasted burnt. Assuming that because I was drawing in colder air from wiggling the stem I inserted an O ring under the cap and above the bowl.

This created an air tight seal and it held my lose steam in place. Now the only air being drawn in was through the holes at the bottom of the bowl. That resulted in lower temps needed to get through a bowl. But still did not help too much with the over vaporizing of the front of the bowl. So I made a small stainless steel disk with holes in it I then dimpled the disk so it has legs now it sits at the bottom of the bowl and acts like a screen it raises the stem off the bottom of the bowl creating a hot air camber. The air is drawn into a small camber between the disk and the bowl where the air is heated and then distributed to though the herb.

Walla Success! A perfect uniform cooked bowl at low temps! I also use the disk/screen to vaporize stem honey or hash. Well thats my story if I could help any body or if you all have any questions fire away.

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I have a warranty issue with my Solo - an M103 model. It has had the issue since I bought it in August. It runs way to hot (which might be a feature for some of you.) I never use it above 2 which is more like 6 or 7 on the other Solos I've tried. I've waited until now to send it in as I wanted to be sure the other issues they've been having were worked out in case they send a replacement.

I have been asked by Kevin @ Arizer to pay $30 up front for the postage for Arizer to return my Solo or a replacement to me after they work on mine. It seems a bit much to have to pay for the shipping both ways for a unit that has never worked properly and I don't recall people posting about this fee. Maybe I just missed it. I don't know what the shipping to Canada will cost but this is looking like a $50+ warranty repair which pisses me off. Opinions?

Thanks!

VapeArts,

Patrick310

Those "vapor droplets" are worth their weight in gold. That oil is very potent and can be put into a 14mm bong and torched for many, many tasty hits, or you can soak them in ISO and reclaim the goodies by evaporation.

Check out the Vaporpedia entry for more tips and tricks.

:peace:

Thanks for the link, quite helpful!

Should i take it up with the online authorized seller why i was sold an old model m103? I don't want my ceramic to start chipping on me and i shouldn't of had to pay the price i did for an old model.

Also where can i get a mesh screen to put into the bowl of the stem? So far i've been putting my grinded herb in the bowl and that's why i think it's been going through two tiny holes and into the upper part of the stem...

Patrick310,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
got my new tablet, 720p manual focus yaaaaay :) what should i film next? i wana show the differences between temps, how fast a bowl roasts thru, how even(or uneven) it roasts between each hit. nobody really goes into depth on videos, just hit it and quit it. i feel like i wana talk about the device more but i dont wana be a complete bore. i shot a video, then realised its 10 fuckn mins long i dont think anyone wants to see\hear me talk about something to only hit it twice. or do you?

Xchadb,
Top Bottom