Arizer Solo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
cycleb said:
jambandphan03 said:
Oh, that's no good, sorry to hear it, which model do you have, how long have you been using it with the plug in adapter?
It's an M105, and I'd only run a couple of cycles with the adapter.:/
Do you have the stainless steel or the ceramic bowl? How long have you had it? The reason I am asking is I just got a stainless M105 and also ordered the AC adapter to use it plugged in, but this concerns me a bit. I looked on the pamphlet mine came with and it just says to keep sales slip and to contact Arizer to honor warranty work. I bought mine through Amazon, and I was starting to wonder if that was a mistake as far as malfunctions go. I have a short window to make a return, and I am considering sending it back and ordering through a more reliable distributor that might work with me if I find I have problems... or am I just worrying way too much??

jambandphan03,

cycleb

jambandphan03 said:
cycleb said:
jambandphan03 said:
Oh, that's no good, sorry to hear it, which model do you have, how long have you been using it with the plug in adapter?
Do you have the stainless steel or the ceramic bowl? How long have you had it? The reason I am asking is I just got a stainless M105 and also ordered the AC adapter to use it plugged in, but this concerns me a bit. I looked on the pamphlet mine came with and it just says to keep sales slip and to contact Arizer to honor warranty work. I bought mine through Amazon, and I was starting to wonder if that was a mistake as far as malfunctions go. I have a short window to make a return, and I am considering sending it back and ordering through a more reliable distributor that might work with me if I find I have problems... or am I just worrying way too much??
This is the SS model.

cycleb,
jambandphan03 said:
cycleb said:
jambandphan03 said:

You can contact Arizer directly to deal with the warranty so it shouldn't matter as long as you have a proof of purchase

Blackpanthaa,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah I printed my receipt just in case, and have it put away with the pamphlet. I should have the AC adapter in a few days, and still have a couple of weeks to return the Solo through Amazon, so I think I will give it a solid test run with the AC adapter to see if it is a model flaw, or if just works as it should. I hope you are able to resolve your issue quickly cycleb.

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i have that vapor tamer..... i honestly never use it, i would of gave it to ya sess... haha its fun at first tho :) esp if you have a GONG mouthpiece for it like i do :brow:

Xchadb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Xchadb said:
i have that vapor tamer..... i honestly never use it, i would of gave it to ya sess... haha its fun at first tho :) esp if you have a GONG mouthpiece for it like i do :brow:

Haha! I'll take it! :p

I read that it's only good for about 15-30 seconds? Then it gets warm? Or maybe I misread....

If that was true - I was thinking of getting another one just to keep it in rotation (freezer), so maybe they will be good for at least 1 minute? :/

sessnet,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
jambandphan03 said:
Lefthook said:
shadyonedeath said:
dunno if its just my solo, my screen, or me...but ive noticed its not pumping out much vapor anymore after 4-5 hits. Its like the top layer of bud isnt getting browned.

had this issue also so installed and 2nd screen to keep the bud slightly lifted of the hot SS plate and it works a treat and airflow is alot better.

Are you saying you stuck a screen down into the SS bowl? I had thought about doing that, but wasn't sure it would make any difference. Please explain....

The screen is inserted into the glass stem and is convex so it does not touch the hot ss plate, this allows for better airflow and real convection as the air passes more efficiently. I now do not like to vape with our the two screen, i can try and get some pics up if you like?

Lefthook,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
jambandphan03 said:
cycleb said:
jambandphan03 said:

bought multuiple units from amazon. arizer had no issues with warranty replacement on the smelly units. I dont know what issue you are trying to solve. your warranty is valid. never even asked to provide sales receipt.

ru_frothi,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
What wrong with my Solo?

I unscrewed it (to look for debris), and it looks crooked:

crookedsolo.jpg

That tab on the left is supposed to be ON TOP of the ledge, like the other side.

Also it looks like the left side isn't screwed on all the way.

Should I

1. Leave it...it works, so, forget about it...

2. Try to screw it back on, risking breaking it?

3. Return it, since it might blow up in my face,and set me on fire...

:uhoh:

sessnet,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
I have noticed my tabs are not lined-up but i have droped the solo and it STILL works.
I would say if it works roll with it but then again it costs alot of money so i would understand if you are not happy with this, best thing i could say would be to email arizer and ask, and then of course let us know the outcome.
GOODLUCK!!

Lefthook,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Both my solos are like that. The tabs don't really do anything anyways , since its held by the screws.

ilovebOObs,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
ilovebOObs said:
Both my solos are like that. The tabs don't really do anything anyways , since its held by the screws.

and there was me thinking it was due to me dropping it, cheers for that .

Lefthook,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ok good! It looks sloppy - but I am not supposed to be looking in there anyways, I suppose.

Thanks ilovebOObs!

sessnet,

cycleb

rufrothy said:
jambandphan03 said:
cycleb said:

bought multuiple units from amazon. arizer had no issues with warranty replacement on the smelly units. I dont know what issue you are trying to solve. your warranty is valid. never even asked to provide sales receipt.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Got an email out to them, including copy of purchase. I really miss it already! ;-{)

cycleb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I tried the double screens (stainless), put one screen in the stem over the 4 holes, then loaded my herbs, then capped that with another screen, and placed the stem into the heat chamber. The flavor was so much better, since I didn't have bits of herb falling down into the heating chamber creating that popcorn taste. Thanks for the good idea!!

jambandphan03,

Pcpvapors

I know it's the same size as a redbull can and I know a lot of you recently have noted you don't leave the house without the solo, does it actually fit in the average jean pocket? My LHS has some units, but I feel that asking to put it in my pocket would not go over well :cool:

Pcpvapors,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would venture to say that if you wear baggy jeans with big loose pockets, it might do ok. It is a bit bulky for tight jeans pocket, IMO...

jambandphan03,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
If you are reading this and are on the fence, just buy it! What an impressive device this is.

Vapeworld CS was excellent. They opened up the boxes to find an M107 for me. All I can say is, "WOW". I was shocked at how well it works. I've barely left the volcano since being disappointed with the poor vapor draw on an Iolite. I figured all portables would have that frustrating weak hit problem... But the Solo gives niiiice vapor hits. The herbal matter doesn't sit on a hot dish like the Iolite either. It heats up as hot air is pulled through the stem; I guess this is convection. Very clean; no crispy over burn. Great work Arizer!

GReYAReA,

Spezialemic

Could anyone compile and post an up-to-date list of all the third party accessories that will work with the arizer solo?

Spezialemic,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Spezialemic said:
Could anyone compile and post an up-to-date list of all the third party accessories that will work with the arizer solo?

What are you looking for?

I don't really see all that much made specifically for the solo.

There's a case (vapecase), and you can get caps for the stems (basically just MFLB battery caps), but aside from that there's not really much specifically for the solo IME.

If you are after water filtration, 7th floor tubing fits over the stem snugly, and allows you to attach a 14 or 18mm gong joint so it's basically compatible with any water piece.

There's also the aqua vape vapor cooler, which I find works quite well with the solo, which can be attached with some tubing (again, I used 7th floor tubing).

The other night I tried out using my 7th floor vapor tamer, and I was very satisfied with the results. (guess how I connected the vapor tamer to my stem... Yep, 7th floor tubing.)

Also, since it comes from arizer, it's not 3rd party, but there is the power adapter which allows you to run the unit directly off mains power, instead of using the battery.

I've probably forgotten some stuff, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Ps. Apparently planetvape (or another retailer I'm not remembering) is bringing out some gong stems soon, which I (and I'm sure many others) are eagerly awaiting.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom