Arizer Solo

PandaPUFF

Does anyone know of an easy way to get the honey out off the whip? I have a little resin in there and it seems like it would be very potent

PandaPUFF,
PandaPUFF said:
Does anyone know of an easy way to get the honey out off the whip? I have a little resin in there and it seems like it would be very potent
get a torch and it will fit right into a 14mm bong opening. Then vape away!

VapeNStone,

shadyonedeath

VapeNStone said:
PandaPUFF said:

What about for cooking.

shadyonedeath,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
JoeFinny said:
Sinclue said:
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/sinclue666/CIMG0433.jpg

Found this at a garage sale yesterday.
I'm wondering if it maybe can be used for both charging (DC12v) and Heating (DC 9v)?
Rather than just try it and risk frying my Solo thought I'd get some opinions first since there seem to be some pretty knowledgable electronics folk on here.

Made by: Dynex
Input: DC 12v
Output: DC 1.5v-12v

Switch steps set at:

I'm not an expert when it comes to electronics, but I can tell you that I bought the wall unit version of that power cord and it did run at 12v (charging) but it did not run on 9v. If I remember correctly the blue light would turn on for 9v but nothing else and it would never work. Basically in short it will work for charging not for running the unit to my knowledge.

Someone with the actual ac adapter can confirm this, but I believe that the stock charger is 1 amp but the ac adapter is 5 amps.

Edit:
And I remember something about the ac adapter being +/- <1v than the 9v it says on the bottom of the solo.
It was discussed earlier in the thread but I can't find it now...

Frederick McGuire,

MG23

Relaxin'
Frederick McGuire said:
JoeFinny said:
Sinclue said:
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/sinclue666/CIMG0433.jpg

Found this at a garage sale yesterday.
I'm wondering if it maybe can be used for both charging (DC12v) and Heating (DC 9v)?
Rather than just try it and risk frying my Solo thought I'd get some opinions first since there seem to be some pretty knowledgable electronics folk on here.

Made by: Dynex
Input: DC 12v
Output: DC 1.5v-12v

Switch steps set at:

I'm not an expert when it comes to electronics, but I can tell you that I bought the wall unit version of that power cord and it did run at 12v (charging) but it did not run on 9v. If I remember correctly the blue light would turn on for 9v but nothing else and it would never work. Basically in short it will work for charging not for running the unit to my knowledge.

Someone with the actual ac adapter can confirm this, but I believe that the stock charger is 1 amp but the ac adapter is 5 amps.

Edit:
And I remember something about the ac adapter being +/- <1v than the 9v it says on the bottom of the solo.
It was discussed earlier in the thread but I can't find it now...

The actual voltage needed is 8.5v, the official Arizer AC Adapter is 8.5v 5a output.

MG23,

Egzoset

Banned
Euh...

Good luck trying to obtain even a mere 8.5 Volts @ 1 Amp supply from a 10 Watts power adapter!!!

...not to mention that i'm quite confident this vaporizer needs much more juice than that...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Egzoset,
Its 8.5v, 5a for operating from ac power
And 12v, 1a for charging.

Sinclue,
I just had a closer look at that picture, and I noticed it says 800ma max.
So definitely a no-go for ac mode (Since it doesn't have 8.5v), but it should still charge it.

I once used a 750ma charger on my solo, and I felt like I got less battery life out of that charge...
I may have imagined it though, but it's something you may want to consider.

Frederick McGuire,
Hi there chaps and chapettes,

I'm a FC lurker making his first post, and getting ready to make the switch from 12 years of smoking joints to trying to vape.

I first heard of the solo just before Christmas after trying out a friend's volcano and deciding that I wanted THAT taste, THAT high, THAT je ne sais quoi that I experienced from vaping but never from combustion. Fast forward to me discovering the solo, followed by a month or so of reading this long ass thread (I'm nearly done, honest - at this stage I think I could pass an owner's test on the solo). I think I'm finally at the stage where I'm ready to pull the trigger, but need to throw a question to you sages.

Basically it seems that every model has a trade off in terms of battery life, heat, SS vs ceramic. Plenty of folks voicing problems, far more from what I can see are love with this thing. I'm in the position where my choices seem to be A) ceramic M105, B) SS M105, C) wait a little longer (hopefully this week) for a SS M106/M107. So, the question is, which one would YOU pick if you were in my shoes right now?

Hope it's ok to put my decision making in your collective wise hands, looking forward to the responses (please be gentle, I'm still a noob).

Quick PS - I'm aware that I referenced a volcano as my only experience of vaping. I'm not expecting the solo to deliver like-for-like, but the friend in question (my guru at this stage :)) is now a committed solo user himself (so that's gotta be worth something, right?)

EDIT - Just found out that it's a ceramic M105, have updated my post

TalkShowMan,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Egzoset said:
Good luck trying to obtain even a mere 8.5 Volts @ 1 Amp supply from a 10 Watts power adapter!!!

Frederick McGuire said:
Egzoset,
Its 8.5v, 5a for operating from ac power
And 12v, 1a for charging.

Good, i'm not stating otherwise.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Spezialemic

TalkShowMan said:

I'm a FC lurker making his first post, and getting ready to make the switch from 12 years of smoking joints to trying to vape.

I first heard of the solo just before Christmas after trying out a friend's volcano and deciding that I wanted THAT taste, THAT high, THAT je ne sais quoi that I experienced from vaping but never from combustion. Fast forward to me discovering the solo, followed by a month or so of reading this long ass thread (I'm nearly done, honest - at this stage I think I could pass an owner's test on the solo). I think I'm finally at the stage where I'm ready to pull the trigger, but need to throw a question to you sages.

Basically it seems that every model has a trade off in terms of battery life, heat, SS vs ceramic. Plenty of folks voicing problems, far more from what I can see are love with this thing. I'm in the position where my choices seem to be A) ceramic M104, B) SS M105, C) wait a little longer (hopefully this week) for a SS M106/M107. So, the question is, which one would YOU pick if you were in my shoes right now?

Hope it's ok to put my decision making in your collective wise hands, looking forward to the responses (please be gentle, I'm still a noob).

Quick PS - I'm aware that I referenced a volcano as my only experience of vaping. I'm not expecting the solo to deliver like-for-like, but the friend in question (my guru at this stage :)) is now a committed solo user himself (so that's gotta be worth something, right?)

I love my solo, but they do seem to be pretty inconsistent. I think my M107 is definitely better than my M105 was, but it does seem to run cooler, since I can never get my herb as dark brown/black ass before. I would try to find a site that says they stock the M106 and go with that. Seems to be the best bet.

Spezialemic,
Cheers for the reply Spezialemic.

My options are a tad limited as I'm UK based, I've been in touch with a European dealer who seems quite active on FC, I'll be honest in saying I'd like to go with them as they offer a FC discount. Knowing my luck I'll get stung with a customs fee, and would also like to not have to ship this thing across the atlantic again if something goes wrong (touch wood, etc).

My thinking is that in the grand scheme of things there is no 'perfect' solo (yet), the differences in temps seems quite subtle on paper (to me, a noob), and the whole issue of medium brown as opposed to dark brown doesn't worry me too much. I know the implication is that there's more goodness to be vaped or cooked, but is it that much of a difference that I'd regret?

Also, I find myself actually leaning towards the M-104 ceramic at this moment, if anyone has anything further to add I'd be glad of the input. I'm aware that experiences and opinions are subjective, still just trying to get a concensus.

EDIT - ceramic M105, not M104 as previously assumed...

TalkShowMan,

Errol

Star
TalkShowMan said:
Plenty of folks voicing problems, far more from what I can see are love with this thing. I'm in the position where my choices seem to be A) ceramic M104, B) SS M105, C) wait a little longer (hopefully this week) for a SS M106/M107. So, the question is, which one would YOU pick if you were in my shoes right now?

I think the fact that you see more problems than love in this thread is caused by the fact that people who have problems are far more likely to post (in some cases over and over :/ ) than people who do not. As a corrective, have a look at a few of the other threads, especially at the lists of vapes that many people have in their signatures. A few makes of vape are seen over and over, and the Solo is one of them. I suspect that rather a lot of these have been sold, with most having no faults.

As to which of your choices I would pick, thats tough. It is probably best to have the latest model, but then there's not a lot of difference between the models, and you need a Solo yesterday. I guess I would wait for the M107 if the wait was only a few days; more than that and I would get the M104. If I was unlucky enough to get a dud, I should be able to get a new M107 as a replacement.

Mine is a ceramic M102, still like new after 6 months of constant use. I love it. :D

Errol,
Thanks for the reply Errol, totally agree with you on the imbalance of reviews towards the negative, I know they're usually more vocal than those with praise, and what I like about FC is that those with positive experiences are loud and clear in their declaration of love for this thing :)

Plus you're on the money about the signature lines, some serious VAS going on in this place and it's good to see how highly regarded it is by folks who have access to all sorts of uber high end goodness :)

I think you're the voice of reason that I was hoping for, I'm intending to give it a couple of days before emailing the seller again (probably not, I'll no doubt end up being an eager beaver and shooting them a message today). And yes, I do need a solo yesterday ;)

EDIT - just got a message from the seller, it's actually a ceramic M105, dunno how that affects my leanings yet...

TalkShowMan,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Hey Talkshowman, welcome!!!!!

I also am from the UK and decided to make the leap from combusting to vaping so the solo was my first vape as i dont count the piece of chinese shit i got on ebay which really turned me off vaping for some time. Then the i found FC and the Solo, I originally got the M102 ceramic from a seller in the states on ebay and after around 3 weeks i noticed the chipping. I contacted Arizer who sent me a free M105 stainless (all i had to pay was the customs charges) i have no smell and no complaints on the heat or battery but then again ive only just started vaping so i do not have much to compare it too. What i will say is that coming from over 15years of smoking joints the Solo defo ticks all the boxes and gets me way more blasted then a joint ever could. Just my thoughts and i hope you make the switch .

Lefthook,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Waiting for my Solo in the mail. :cool:

Is there any way I can use some sort of glass ON TOP of the solo (without water)? I am imaging something like the Cloud.

167791_498150252074_266613982074_6282957_8035076_n.jpg

I don't want a bunch of extra pieces, maybe something that will just stack on top, so there will be a smaller footprint.

My purpose is - I would like a glass container to collect, and later reclaim the oil.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I want MORE glass - for oil collecting...and air cooling. I hope I have some options...

sessnet,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
sessnet said:
I want MORE glass - for oil collecting...and air cooling. I hope I have some options...

I solo stem should plug into a 14mm joint, it wouldn't stack like a vx ht but would still work.

IAmKrazy2,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
IAmKrazy2 said:
sessnet said:

I solo stem should plug into a 14mm joint, it wouldn't stack like a vx ht but would still work.

Thanks! What do you think I can use on top of that?

sessnet,
shadyonedeath said:
VapeNStone said:
PandaPUFF said:

What about for cooking.
Get some hot really fatty milk and use the stem to stir the milk and use as the straw. :)

VapeNStone,
TalkShowMan said:

Basically it seems that every model has a trade off in terms of battery life, heat, SS vs ceramic. Plenty of folks voicing problems, far more from what I can see are love with this thing. I'm in the position where my choices seem to be A) ceramic M105, B) SS M105, C) wait a little longer (hopefully this week) for a SS M106/M107. So, the question is, which one would YOU pick if you were in my shoes right now?

EDIT - Just found out that it's a ceramic M105, have updated my post
I'd pick the newest model they have. So the M107 I have heard it gets just as hot as the ceramic and no need to worry about any chipping.

VapeNStone,
sessnet said:
Waiting for my Solo in the mail. :cool:

Is there any way I can use some sort of glass ON TOP of the solo (without water)? I am imaging something like the Cloud.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...8150252074_266613982074_6282957_8035076_n.jpg

I don't want a bunch of extra pieces, maybe something that will just stack on top, so there will be a smaller footprint.

My purpose is - I would like a glass container to collect, and later reclaim the oil.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
I say go back and read through this thread. These questions have been answered many many times, just recently too if I recall.

VapeNStone,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
VapeNStone said:
I say go back and read through this thread. These questions have been answered many many times, just recently too if I recall.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I have been trying to keep up, but not sure if there was a definite answer.

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
@ sessnet maybe try using an ash cather like this. haven't tried it yet but i think it can work.
p2063049a.jpg

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Looking awesome! Thank you for the suggestion, I have never seen one like that. Where did you get that one from?

sessnet,
Top Bottom