Arizer Solo

Kaptan

ilovebOObs said:
here is my first ever attempt at making a video. hope you guys like it. used my custom stem in this vid.

Solo Bubbler Rips

Why hasn't Arizer thought to make a stem like that an accessory? I'm sure they would sell more gong stems than power adapters.

Kaptan,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Nice Vid. Can anyone confirm if the M106 has a tight stem fit or if it is loose and swings and falls out with ease like my early batch M105 SS does? Thanks

edit: i know some glass varies so i guess what i'm asking is if it has the inward dimpled top ring that holds the majority of the stems tighter?

AceTK,

dorkus_molorkus

my m106 was really tight, so tight I had to trim the top ring in order to fit the stem at all.

i should have heated it up 1st, i trimmed too much & now my stems are really loose and fall out easy.

dorkus_molorkus,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
my 105 was pretty tight, i thought the stem wouldn't fit and was afraid to break the stem. but after carefully putting it in and out a few times i guess it just worked itself out. now everything is perfect!

ilovebOObs,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Ah that's spot on info thanks dorkus n boobs. Yeah i'm posting my stinky M105 back to vaposhop first thing monday and hopefully il have my M106 either from vaposhop or somewhere else in time for a party in 2 weeks time. Yeah having a loose tube is a bit useless really. I found I had to hold the tube in tight and risk burning fingers to hold it tight so it hits hotter and squeezes the last out but if I wrap aluminium foil round the tube and make a perfect seal it draws slower and hotter and depletes the bowl quicker without having to apply pressure. Wrapping the tube so it does not fall out or putting up with the excess airflow lowering temps and the tube rattling around is just not acceptable. I want to be able to wave it round and be confident the tube wont come flying out. Additionally the M106 runs hotter so thats going to be a brucie bonus but really il just be happy to get one that does not taste of melting plastic.

AceTK,

MrNorml

AceTK said:
Ah that's spot on info thanks dorkus n boobs. Yeah having a loose tube is a bit useless really. I found I had to hold the tube in tight and risk burning fingers to hold it tight so it hits hotter and squeezes the last out but if I wrap aluminium foil round the tube and make a perfect seal it draws slower and hotter and depletes the bowl quicker without having to apply pressure. Wrapping the tube so it does not fall out or putting up with the excess airflow lowering temps and the tube rattling around is just not acceptable. I want to be able to wave it round and be confident the tube wont come flying out. Additionally the M106 runs hotter so thats going to be a brucie bonus but really il just be happy to get one that does not taste of melting plastic.

I don't mind the loose glass - if I need it to not move, I can use the straight stem. But a stem that didn't fall out would I guess be better than one that does. But knowing mine comes out just makes me modify how I gesture etc.

MrNorml,

tokinginger

Is it possible to still get medicated without vapor? ie after the vapor is available from material.
Does anyone know why there is such a huge temp difference from 1 to 2?
I want the most anti-inflammatory properties but 1 is too low and 2 is too high, any suggestions for a remedy? :/

tokinginger,

tokinginger

MrNorml said:
AceTK said:
Ah that's spot on info thanks dorkus n boobs. Yeah having a loose tube is a bit useless really. I found I had to hold the tube in tight and risk burning fingers to hold it tight so it hits hotter and squeezes the last out but if I wrap aluminium foil round the tube and make a perfect seal it draws slower and hotter and depletes the bowl quicker without having to apply pressure. Wrapping the tube so it does not fall out or putting up with the excess airflow lowering temps and the tube rattling around is just not acceptable. I want to be able to wave it round and be confident the tube wont come flying out. Additionally the M106 runs hotter so thats going to be a brucie bonus but really il just be happy to get one that does not taste of melting plastic.

I don't mind the loose glass - if I need it to not move, I can use the straight stem. But a stem that didn't fall out would I guess be better than one that does. But knowing mine comes out just makes me modify how I gesture etc.
Both of my stems are loose, but I like the air flow.

tokinginger,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Temp setting #1 is a bs number that they included for it to be sold as an aromatherapy device. It is of no vaporization use. I think it's 50c or something silly like that.

Stu,

pecosthecat

Just had the first session with the solo. My first impressions are very positive. The taste is really nice and the vapor was really nice and thick on heat setting 4. There is really no learning curve with this unit. Just turn it on, let it heat up to temperature and then start hitting it. The taste on my unit is nice and clean. I haven't experienced any of the nasty "robo-fart" smells. I can see how this unit would be really good in a party type situation, given the long lasting battery and health size chamber/stem. The size is probably too big for general portable, stealth use. I'll do more testing and write up a more thorough review soon. :ko:

pecosthecat,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola :) I'm new to vaporizing. I have my cheap home unit vaporizer, but I really would like to have one of this Solo. Reason, I really like outdoor activities. I have many questions, but so far FC forums had answered most of them. My real concern now is: should I ask for the ceramic or the stainless steel bowl model? Can anyone tell me the differences. Health wise ?? Heat wise?? Battery wise?? Etc etc. I apologize beforehand for my English and maybe someone already asked this before. Thanks in advance and keep it "de la mente" :)

Zangano Cruel,

WeayLay

Hey guys, new guy here.

I'd like to start off by saying that this forum is an invaluable resource for vape reviews and user experiences.
This will probably be a two part review. I'd like to say thanks to PlanetVape for hooking me up with this excellent vape. Their customer service is absolutely stunning, and they even hooked me up with a unique discount code so I could afford the solo with my hurting student budget. Definitely recommend them, the solo shipped fast and arrived before I could burn anymore precious bud. Haha :D

Now for the vape itself:
This thing is just awesome. I never really knew how a vape could change my habits, but NOW I know. :o I can already tell that my body and wallet is thanking me for not burning/wasting bud. What was a three gram session is now a sixth. It's absolutely amazing how little this vape uses, and it may not be the MOST efficient vape out there on the market, but coming from a burner for over 3 years, DAMN. My unit doesn't have the "plastic" smell that other unfortunate users have had. If anything, it had a small weird taste in the beginning, but after the first use, that taste went away completely.

Another thing about this vape is that it's completely idiot proof. The learning curve on the Solo is next to none. Pack, slide in tube, wait for temp, and suck. That's IT. Nothing else. A plus to a new vaper.

The taste? I've tried Arizer's Extreme Q/Volcano/Da Buddha, and it's just below, if not identical to the Q/Volcano. As of now, 2/3 is my favorite setting, but if I'm doing water filteration, I turn it up to 5-7 right away. I don't regret going for a temperature controllable vape, (rather than flight box)

The battery only died on me the first day, when I was a bit too eager to try it with friends. Note to self: Have Solo charged at all times, or at least invest in an adapter. I can DEFINITELY see how a battery dying could be extremely annoying, considering long charge times. Battery life is excellent so far, has lasted me many sessions with friends.

What I didn't like about the vape is a certain high pitched sound emits from the vape when it's heating. It's not a huge problem, but it's quite audible and kinda annoying. Another thing I didn't like is the restricted air path. It can be argued that it's not too bad, but I don't like how the temperature fluctuates even with the air path being a bit slow.

So tl;dr version (Too long; Didn't read)

Pros: Portable
Tasty
Efficient for a burner
No learning curve
Adjustable Temperature

Cons: High pitched sound when heating
Temperature fluctuates
Restricted air path
When the battery dies, you're SOL.

Thanks for reading the review!

WeayLay,

GO!!bot

Just got one of these bad boys (m105)

It did smell for about an hour but now i hardly notice it

This thing rocks!!

GO!!bot,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I've always wondered:

What does a robot fart smell like?

I see this term on a few vapes, and I would like to know, without actually smelling one.

sessnet,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
I've always wondered:

What does a robot fart smell like?

I see this term on a few vapes, and I would like to know, without actually smelling one.

Its smells like burnt electronics. If you ever have had electronics catch fire or struck by lightning you would recognize the smell. Its hard to describe. Think electric motor ozone with some nasty plastic smell added in.

ru_frothi,
Reactions: pigfoot

MG23

Relaxin'
vapeon said:
hogleg said:
pecosthecat said:
Any suggestions for a suitable carrying case for the solo?

the piper is great and has a pocket for the hot stems(its lined)
Whats the piper ?:peace:

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Pouches.html

Second one down, I use it myself. Works well at a great price with no shipping from VG. (I recommend grabbing some of the polypropylene jars with your order as well.)

I would like a small hard case though, considering that cigar case that was reviewed.

MG23,

GO!!bot

Yeah my new 105 unit has a weird smell, i cant even really describe it

But it has started to disappear little by little

GO!!bot,

vapeon

MattyGTwenty3 said:
vapeon said:
hogleg said:
the piper is great and has a pocket for the hot stems(its lined)
Whats the piper ?:peace:

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Pouches.html

Second one down, I use it myself. Works well at a great price with no shipping from VG. (I recommend grabbing some of the polypropylene jars with your order as well.)

I would like a small hard case though, considering that cigar case that was reviewed.
Thanks Matty, looks like the same one Rockwise sells for like $25. I have the vapecase hardcase and really like how it protects.

vapeon,
Top Bottom