Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't think (or at least don't remember) ever posting a Solo video. I always load my stem before turning the unit on for the pre-heat. It's a good tip. Any vapor loss is negligable and the thick hits start faster.

:peace:

Stu,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I thought it was you as the piece they were using looks much like your avatar. Whomever did that video was awesome. running two solos at a time and pre-heating one while sucking down another! Nice! Thick Vapor. It certainly inspired me. I love that my solo stem slides nicely into the downsteam on my little 12" black leaf 4 arm tree with a diffuser downtube.

Haven't seen another portable vape pull that off as well. But 6 months from new that will be old and the Solo will hardly but be 1 year old. portables are getting better fast.

ru_frothi,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nah, I just have the one Solo. I remember the video, though. Classic.

The Solo does provide dense rips through my bubbler, that's for sure. The only 2 "portables" of mine that can get thicker rips through glass are the VG Coil and the Supreme. Very different animals, though.

:peace:

Stu,

chris

Hi guys,
just updating, I've had the solo for 8 days, I've now learnt how to use it properly, it's just fantastic.
Going from 2 to 5, keeps the taste good, stiring the herb up regularly, turning it into very small bits once it's dry which is after just a few minutes, waiting some time between hits to heat up, I can get clouds for at least 2x12min , it's amazing and very pleasant.
yes you get real high, with not much, it feels great, the taste is a bit too addictive, that's how good it is!
thanks so much everyone for the advices and help ! (and sorry about my unfair statements about the solo when I joined :/ )

chris,

Spezialemic

I just contacted arizer to replace my solo which had the issue of a strange smell and taste, although its sort of intermittent. I'm almost worried that they won't be able to replicate it and just send it back to me after making me pay for shipping. I'm also hoping I don't get hit with any customs fees. I know some people had that issue and also even though some guys said they paypal the shipping cost, Kevin told me they don't do that. He also told me when I first tried to return it since the battwaste life seemed so bad that the solo battery life is only 5-7 12 minutes cycles and that 3-4 hours is incorrect. When I reported the smell issue he said they would replace it but then it turned into repair or replace, but I'm really hoping I get a newer model with hopefully better battery life and no electronic smell after a few cycles of use.

Anyone have any input?

Emails:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your email. Shipping costs are not covered under the warranty, so you are responsible for the cost of sending us the unit. The return shipment will be marked as a Warranty Replacement and you will probably not be charges any customs fees, but as we are not affiliated with any customs agencies we cannot guarantee that.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

When he said it would be replaced

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear you have experienced this issue with your Solo unit. We will replace your unit for you if you send it in to us. I will provide you with our shipping address once I have received the information requested below.

Please provide me with the following information:
your full name and shipping address
the model number on the bottom of your unit
the color of your unit
a copy of your sales receipt
Once I receive this information I will advise you further.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

Battery life

Thank you for your telephone call and voice mail. Between five and seven 12 minutes cycles per charge is average performance, with anything above that being improved performance from breaking in the battery.

Based on your description of the battery life, it sounds like your unit is functioning properly. I can open a warranty claim for you to send you unit in for testing and repairs, but if there is nothing wrong with the unit you will be charged for return shipping.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech

Spezialemic,

dorkus_molorkus

just do as they have asked & you shouldnt have any problems. paying shipping costs one way is normal for many warranty claims.

I did it, and had no issues personally. I got my replacement quickly & without fuss.

dorkus_molorkus,

Spezialemic

I don't think I've read any posts about customs issues for shipments to the us, so I'm not too worries about that. I just hope they don't say there's isn't a problem and do nothing.

Spezialemic,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
chris said:
Hi guys,
just updating, I've had the solo for 8 days, I've now learnt how to use it properly, it's just fantastic.
Going from 2 to 5, keeps the taste good, stiring the herb up regularly, turning it into very small bits once it's dry which is after just a few minutes, waiting some time between hits to heat up, I can get clouds for at least 2x12min , it's amazing and very pleasant.
yes you get real high, with not much, it feels great, the taste is a bit too addictive, that's how good it is!
thanks so much everyone for the advices and help ! (and sorry about my unfair statements about the solo when I joined :/ )

Thats awesome chris :brow:
Vaporizers are a bit weird at first for the novice. I wasted at least $600 buying misc vapes that never really worked well for me because I was buying junk and did not know about sites like this nor was there a youtube full off cool videos showing users how to get started. You got lucky and bought a killer vape and you figured it out apparently. Thats so exciting. Another vaporist in the world! I hope you continue to enjoy the flavor, potency and efficiency of the Solo.

ru_frothi,

dorkus_molorkus

Spezialemic said:
I don't think I've read any posts about customs issues for shipments to the us, so I'm not too worries about that. I just hope they don't say there's isn't a problem and do nothing.

I dont think you have read any posts at all, because if you had, you would know already that arizer have been pretty good at looking after their customers. There are many posts detailing how arizer have replaced solos very quickly & with little fuss, regardless of the issue. You are not the only one with an odour issue and I am sure you will be looked after. (just like many other members have posted previous)

Any posts regarding customs duties issues would amount to a couple of posts (& they dont seem to pertain to the USA) for the whole thread. Where-as posts regarding how well arizer have replaced solos with little or no fuss there would be many examples posted thruout the thread.

There are quite a few who have issues with the solo & arizer, but it seems to be the popular consenus that arizer have an awesome customer service record.

But if you had read some, you would know that already.

dorkus_molorkus,

MrNorml

Today I had to drive out and pick something up. So I decided to take the Solo around, to see how it travels and how it works in an automobile. (NOTE: I RARELY drive and toke. But I DO often ride as a passenger. I am in a private place and (at least in Michigan) I believe I can be in a private spot and use. At least I do (Mich is better than AZ for licensing/accessing/growing IMHO). So anyway, disclaimers over, here goes.

The Solo sucks for use in a car. I had it between my legs so it wouldn't fall over and spill content all over. I parked and got back into the car and forgot I had put it on the seat and I took off and it rolled over. I caught it before spills, but it could have happened very very easily. Apparently units vary. I have 2 Solo units. Each has a loose/spinning stem. Stem is fine while unit is in hand, but it is very hard to accomodate other than between the legs or in hand. The Solo isn't 'wide' enough to fill my cup carrier so it would fall over and spill. It must be immobile. Otherwise the stem could fall out, spilling content throughout car.

The Solo is not suitable to travel with in my opinion. It is great at home. It will be great at a friend's. (I got each of my Solos with carrying case and am glad I did.) But not in a vehicle or out and about. Even as a passenger, I tend to put things down if we stop and exit the vehicle. It is possible I forget on re-entry about the device until the vehicle is going. By that time the Solo could easily fall or more likely roll over, discard the stem with resultant spillage.

In my experience Iolite travels well in a car. Because the stem stays on. It takes a larger load. It fits in the pocket. And if you leave it out on a seat, it might slide a small bit, but by then you would be looking for it anyhow and find it. If it falls, no biggie.

IF Arizer wants a more mobile unit (and there is no reason they should) the stem has to be immobilized. BUT I don't see the current Solo as lacking at all in operation and see no reason to change much; stem seems to me to be one area Arizer should look at though, because it falls out (and tough to draw) or has either 2 or 3 or 4 holes, or because it needs screens, and perhaps other reasons. The falling out is really not an issue for me because I know where the Solo won't be used.

So, if you are going to be travelling and need a vaporizer during the travel, the Iolite would be my choice. Once you get there, I'd chose the Solo. So go figure!

MrNorml,

Spezialemic

But if you had read some, you would know that already.

I've read many posts. I simply haven't read all 175 pages of this very long thread. Probably closer to 30. Sorry, but I just get overly concerned since I tend to have pretty bad luck with things like this...

Spezialemic,

dorkus_molorkus

no worries, I understand your concerns. ( I am a bad luck mofo too)

you will be fine I am sure. Just follow the instructions arizer provide regarding shipping, and I am sure they will make good.

The odour you are experiencing is not an issue that arizer will consider unique.

Best of luck ( I am sure you wont need it)

:)

Unrelated- its nice to have some awesome meds for a change. :D

dorkus_molorkus,

Errol

Star
So here are my impressions of the Solo after 6 months of use:
My unit is a M102 model, with the silver casing. One stem is loose fitting, the other very tight. The tight one can not be got in or out when the unit is cold, but goes in quite easily when warmed up; the crucible entrance expands when heated more than the glass pipe.

I have had none of the problems that some people have experienced. Ironic really, because as a combuster I had a pretty high tolerance for poisonous fumes and would probably not have cared about a bit of flaking or smell. A high-pitched noise I would have hated, but mine is completely silent.

I get eight 12 minute cycles out of the batteries, running at temperature 5. That runs it down to the bottom light, but I have never actually run it flat so it might well do a couple more cycles. In practise, the charger mostly keeps up with my rate of use, as long as I remember to plug it in. Finding that I am fairly likely to forget to plug in the charger, I recently bought the power supply as well.

The use of some sort of filter is needed to avoid inhaling small amounts of plant matter. I used stainless steel mesh at first, which worked OK, but was fiddly; I had to cut and bend filters to fit, and I found they fairly soon clogged up with fine dust and baked on residue. I now use a tiny wisp of cotton wool, formed into a thin disc. This works well and can be discarded and replaced after a few bowls when it begins to clog up.

For any combusters lurking out there as I did, I highly recommend the Solo as an introduction to vaping. It does not need a lot of maintenance; the only part which needs regular cleaning is the glass tube, which is not difficult. Mainly, it is very easy to use it effectively and efficiently. Right from day one, my consumption dropped by half, without loss of effect. This was very encouraging, and meant the unit soon paid for itself. I have since bought a VaporGenie for emergency use, and while it is fine for its low price, it needs more technique to use effectively. I am glad I got the Solo first, because it showed me straight away that vaping is the way to go, FC!

Thanks to all the good folk on this site, who provided me with the encouragement to go vape and the information to make what I still think was the right choice for my purposes. Now that I have Read The Whole Thread, I feel qualified to maybe make the occasional comment.
Finally, I should put in a word for AustralianVaporizers.com.au ; discreet packaging, top service and incredible speed.

Errol,

yazzay

Got a solo for 2 weeks.

Now that I konw how to handle it, its my favorite thing on earth (with my kids and MFLB). No way that I use my NO2 anymore (done once and felt like breathing in a pipeline...)

Two things to understand before getting best vapes : airflow is poor and (because) heating power is low.

So in my opinion, Solo is the best portable on earth for a peaceful usage ... and maybe the most disappointing for the greedy vapers ;)

BTW does anyone knows changes occured from M105 to M106?

yazzay,

gibson57

I recently sent my 105 in for smell issues. Everyone at Arizer was very nice / helpful. I had to pay to ship the unit back (which was kind of a bummer) but they ask you to not ship the stems and they sent new ones with the unit so the costs are all covered now, so that's cool. Looks like they have moved on to m107s now. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure what has changed. I have to charge it back to life first. It's a great unit over all. Even though the device had problems they replaced without hassle so I'm happy over all with my purchase and their customer service.

gibson57,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
M107? I wonder if they will ever make the final model Solo???

i would doubt it. why should vaporizers be any different than any other consumer product: cars, computers, cell phones. The whole idea is successive refinement. You can never buy the exact same "version" (i.e. model) if you wait a couple of months. i guess each factory run has a new M10x number. i would love to know how many units in a production run. 1000? 5000? 10000? enough to be profitable, but not too many to eat if the run is defective.

Hippie Dickie,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Good point HD, I guess I am just surprised at so many changes in such a short time. I too would be interested to know how how many units they produce in each run.

Gonzo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Nice video, Nice Piece, & Nice clouds!

Love the stem. I'm just using the stock stem which doesn't seal very well but produces nice milky rips.

Thanks for sharing!

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom