Arizer Solo

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
So here is a critical question:
Does anyone feel that using the ceramic (original) Solo with have negative health impacts with extended future use? I was considering using this as our bedroom vape. (and my wife primarily using it as her own vape) ;) I am just trying to make sure that we should not have to worry about using it almost nightly. I guess I have read some reports of headaches, but since we have not experienced them I was wondering if there were other issues that we should consider?

Thanks in advance for any replies...:peace:

Bluntcrush,
It is very dry; you however know this. I would however like to vape something more 'conossour' right before bed such as my log vape; but for you and the women in bed I would say shoot for it. If anything weird comes up your wife will show symptoms first; you'll know to switch to bags for sitting in bed.

Honestly, my solo(s) freak my out: -great at vaping however it reaally needs to be used to good biomaterial to produces taste to mask the artificialiness of the unit. Even my lotus which emits nickel feels more 'earthy' and pure tasting then my solo.

biojuggernaut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gotcha, thanks for the info Boobs!

My M102 tastes absolutely wonderful btw Bio, even compared to the Vapocane it holds up nicely. To bad they can't seem to build them at a constant quality.

Bluntcrush, the ceramic is organic and should be inert at the temps the Solo reaches. Supposedly you could eat even eat it if you wanted to. The only thing the Arizer guys didn't recommend was to set it on fire and inhale the fumes (I sometimes smoke my ABV, so I asked).

OhTheAgony,

Bluntcrush

Thanks OhTheAgony! That was a helpful answer. I was just making sure that the Solo was not being replaced with SS because of health concerns. Have a nice nite! :)

Bluntcrush,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Thanks to the kind user who originally posted the link to this case as a possible solution for the Solo.

Cigar Caddy 10 cigar portable humidor:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CRWDBE/ref=oh_o01_s00_i01_details

I also bought a Solo with this vapecase as a xmas gift so I can compare it to that one...

Vapecase Custom Hard Solo Case:
http://www.amazon.com/VAPECASE-Cust...1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1327295281&sr=1-1-catcorr

Both of these cases are made of hard plastic and appear quite durable. There are two latches on the cigar caddy versus 1 on the vapecase. The one on the vape case is a bit harder to operate. Both are super tight and more than adequate. both claim some level of water proofness. Don't plan on testing it Thermovape style to see if its true! :brow:

The cigar caddy has some non dense foam in where as the vape case has custom cut high density foam to hold the all the solo components. The vape case I think offers better protection. The vape case is smaller which is also one of biggest drawbacks. There really is not much room to cram some small storage containers for fresh and abv and still fit the charger. It can be done but its an excercise. The Cigar caddy is a bit larger and easily swallows a bit more stuff at the expense of some protection (especially stems).

VapeCase: $45
smaller with custom cut high density foam inserts.
needs some space for stash

CigarCaddy: $24
Slightly larger fits charger + stash easier
non custom low density foam. limited padding

need to investigate buying some foam and cutting it up myself. anyone have experience on foam source and tips on cutting, etc?

So both cases are quite similar. edge in build quality to the vapecase with cool custom cut foam. If it had a pre cut area (and room for one) for stash it would be near perfect. expensive. The cigar caddy is a slightly more spacious and more affordable version without the the higher quality custom cut foam. It will not offer the protection especially to the stems that the vapecase does without user engineering (TBD for this user).

I have a custom hack soft case setup including a small soft case for a stem that I bought last year with the first solo. be interesting to see which I use more. I think it will be the hardcase but who knows?

sok186

So as someone who's never bought a screen before and thus never put one into a smoking device of any kind, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get one into stem of my new M106 SS Solo. If someone could be so kind as to whip up some step by step directions on how to successfully accomplish this task, I'd be most grateful.

Something to the effect of:

1) Buy a stainless steel .5 inch (diameter? radius?) pipe screen
2) Bend it into shape around the back of a Sharpie or something similar
3) Magically get it into place by blinking twice and wiggling your nose.

Thanks!

sok186,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
1. Shape the .5" screen with the end of a sharpie

2. Use the sharpie to push screen into the bowl of stem.

I like to flatten the curved part of the screen with the sharper for a snugger fit. Good luck.

pinoy,
I would really appreciate some help. Major stomach issues and need this to work. After reading a crazy amount of posts I decided on the Solo. Started off great but milk shake draw it takes to get the vapor plugs my ears. I have tried some methods but nothing really works. What I would love is for someone to post what I need to do to attach the unit to some sort of bong so I can get the vapor through that making the draw easier and also getting the vapor through water. I'm willing to by any attachments or bong I might need. Appreciate it.

The Dude1973,

dorkus_molorkus

try a simple gravity or waterfall bong. I have been using a waterfall setup as of late, really simple, u just need
a 2lt plastic bottle, some silicone hose & a sharp knife.

get the cap for the plastic bottle, use your sharp knife to work out a hole that will take the silicone hose. If you make the hole too big for the hose, use electrical tape on the hose to help create a nice seal.

(so of course make sure the silicone hose can take the solo stem.)

Put a small hole on the bottom of the bottle. start small & pratice before making it bigger if need be.
Now turn on your solo to lvl7, insert the herb loaded stem & wait 45sec.

While you are waiting, put your finger over the hole in the bottom of the bottle & then fill it with water.
screw the cap with the hose in it on, and insert the solo stem.

Take your finger away & watch the vapor fill the bottle all by itself as the water drains away.
When there is lots of vapor in the bottle, remove the solo & huff on the hose with your finger still not on the hole in the bottom.

It will bubble like a big bong.

kicks like a bitch to boot. So, be careful. :o

search youtube for waterfall bong.

dont know if it will help or not, but it seems to fit the criteria

dorkus_molorkus,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
The Dude1973 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Anything that does not involve the silicone maybe glass to glass?

Sure I take a straight solo tube and it fits perfectly into the 14.5mm down stem on my peice. Glass on glass, no tubes.... works great.

ru_frothi,

Bluntcrush

Thanks to those who cleared up my concerns about the ceramic Solo. Looks like my wife just got herself a new bedroom tv watching (etc) vape!!! :lol:

:peace:

Bluntcrush,
Just got the solo its pretty sweet. I was nervous after buying it when I came to this site. As for the stankyness, it kinda smelt like a hot hairdryer at first then I completely went away. I used maybe .2g I got crazy vaped. Never been so high for a long time! No headaches at all either. I thought the draw issue would be alot more annoying than it is, no biggie. I think my model is the SS m105-80**. This was my first time using a vape, I was blown away by the lack of smell. Highly recommend. Best 230 dolla ive spent in awhile.

Blackpanthaa,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
ilovebOObs said:
yeah the solo seems to be a love it or hate it kind of vape. with all your nice glass i would consider a VHW or LSV.

Hey iloveboobs, quick question, i noticed in one of the pages you inserted a vapocane into your solo, i am quite new to vaping , does this work as it looks great?

Lefthook,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It'll work, but you have to be real careful since the Cane is a bit smaller then the Solo-stems. It just sits loose and can move a mm or so from side to side.

I might be wrong, but I think Boobs guy shot that picture more for the fun of it.

OhTheAgony,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
oh i see so it may not actually be suitable to use with a solo, cheers OTA,
its a shame as it looks amazing
hope all is well in the netherlands. :)

Lefthook,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, it can be an alternative if you have one and you break your last Solo stem, but I wouldn't choose to use it when you have other options. On it's own the Cane is amazing though, if like to use bongs/glassware and don't mind playing with huge torches it really is an awesome little vape.

Our government is way to right winged & it's cold here, but otherwise it's still doable here ;)

Cheers!

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I agree with everything OTA said. the vapocane does work but the stock stem works better for me. my torch lighter crapped out on me and i have been lazy to go get a new one so the cane hasn't seen action in awhile.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
hahah i don't know how you guys do it. i've only joined for 3 months or so and i have already spent over 1k in vaps and accessories. i think i got a problem too. hahah

ilovebOObs,

Bluntcrush

ilovebOObs said:
hahah i don't know how you guys do it. i've only joined for 3 months or so and i have already spent over 1k in vaps and accessories. i think i got a problem too. hahah

Imagine how I feel, I joined April 2010. :D

My first was an Iolite, then the EQV, then the Aqua Vape Inline, followed by MFLB.

THEN I started buying then collecting glass pieces. I then got the Eclipse Vape (then the Eclipse Vape H2O mod.) Pre-ordered VXC, then bought Arizer Solo, and finallt TVand Revolution and E-cig adapter. The best part is I am very experienced in vaporizers and I also made some great friends too. I am so glad I stumbled upon this while looking for how to repair my Iolite...

Bluntcrush,

vaplexus

Is it just me or do you also wish this forum (the whole fc.com forum) allowed for threads under each category? 175 pages and its no wonder the info is constantly repeated - who is going to read through so many pages. and of course its annoying to vetrans who already know this stuff. its just annoying. is it too much to ask for a forum to allow threads? i mean even netnews c1970's is based on threads. its just an obvious thing. no doubt a mod will invade my post in red text tellin me off as so often happens here. threads. please?

vaplexus,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
josephaltier said:
I just made this video of using the solo vaporizer with a phx bong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fICHGplcHc

Put the stem in the solo and when you turn it on and let the stem and the herb warm up and heat soak a bit. I think you will find as I did that you can get much milkier hits that way. I also noticed stu (EDIT: Not stu) doing this in a video a long time ago. Not saying thats the only way to fly but it seems to help extraction.

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom