Arizer Solo

Justpassedu

Broke the old Solo out last night after it’s been stored away for a bit , it even still had some battery life left in it. Still working great . I had noticed though upon plugging the charger in I just get a blue flashing idle light . I forget if this is normal and if it’s actually charging . The idle light keeps blinking every other second while on the charger . I did try a reset but same thing , blue idle blinking while charging . Is this normal ? Calling @OF the master of the Solo

Last edited:

OF

Is this normal ? Calling @OF the master of the Solo

Beats me, sorry. I'm definitely no authority on what's normal......ask anyone.

Faced with what you see I'd continue to try to charge, for up to say a whole day, with a few unplug then plug it in again cycles to see if it wants to start flashing the numbered lights. I have a bit of a 'leg up' here since I can monitor charging current.

I suspect it self discharged over long term storage (was it about 3/4 charged when you put it away?) so the protection PCB has cut of one of the cells to protect it. You'll then need to 'trickle' charge it back up to the cutoff (3.1 Volts IIRC) then apply normal charging to it to get the circuit to unlock.

Good luck with it, as you recall a working Solo is a handy thing to have.

Merry Christmas to all. Best wishes for a prosperous New Year to follow.

OF

Justpassedu

Beats me, sorry. I'm definitely no authority on what's normal......ask anyone.

Faced with what you see I'd continue to try to charge, for up to say a whole day, with a few unplug then plug it in again cycles to see if it wants to start flashing the numbered lights. I have a bit of a 'leg up' here since I can monitor charging current.

I suspect it self discharged over long term storage (was it about 3/4 charged when you put it away?) so the protection PCB has cut of one of the cells to protect it. You'll then need to 'trickle' charge it back up to the cutoff (3.1 Volts IIRC) then apply normal charging to it to get the circuit to unlock.

Good luck with it, as you recall a working Solo is a handy thing to have.

Merry Christmas to all. Best wishes for a prosperous New Year to follow.

OF
Appreciate you and all the help throughout the years . Happy Holidays

uncanni

Here's another solo... 1969

My favorite live performance of all time: it's sublime.

I just bought a Solo II a few days ago: I like it way better than the Pax3 because the vapor is so much cooler and it draws so much better.

I haven't used my Ghost MV1 in months: it seems like such a hassle now--so much work!! I'm so glad I got the Solo II--no thanks to VapeCritic's review, which was ambivalent to say the least. One minute he says it's meh, then he says he's diggin it; he need to edit his reviews!!!

I also love the fact that I don't have to grind bud for the Solo II; in fact, on their website, they recommend not grinding to avoid having to use the steel screen.

I'm a happy camper today...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Wife's Solo (6 years old) wouldn't heat up yesterday even though it was showing that it was charged to level 6. My Solo (3 years old) is in perfect condition.

Up till yesterday the wife's Solo performed perfectly. Soft reset didn't work and neither did multiple attempts at a full recharge. Charger works fine.

We held a brief memorial and then tried using it while on the charger and it worked great. Up till now it was never used while on the charger. When I suggested I could try the hard reset and/or replace the batteries the wife said "Don't bother. I love not having to worry about how much battery is left and if I need portability I'll just use yours".

Use mine?!?!? :doh: Happy wife, happy life?

I haven't tried a hard reset (removing the battery) because it feels like the battery is the issue and the wife knows I'm a "Duct tape dude" and likely to destroy it with my magic hands. I may replace the batteries in the future if permission is granted.

OF

I haven't tried a hard reset (removing the battery) because it feels like the battery is the issue and the wife knows I'm a "Duct tape dude" and likely to destroy it with my magic hands. I may replace the batteries in the future if permission is granted.

You might try swapping the batteries to confirm it's a battery issue, which is what it sounds like from here. What you have is probably a short lived solution. If it's old enough to be an OG version, it should not 'run while charging' (that takes 8 Volts, not 12). If you can use it as you describe the battery is just strong enough to 'make up the difference' between the one Amp from the charger and 2 plus Amps needed to run the heater......that won't last forever.

You're right about the happy wife thing, of course. Covers other areas than just vapes you know?

OF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
You might try swapping the batteries to confirm it's a battery issue, which is what it sounds like from here. What you have is probably a short lived solution. If it's old enough to be an OG version, it should not 'run while charging' (that takes 8 Volts, not 12). If you can use it as you describe the battery is just strong enough to 'make up the difference' between the one Amp from the charger and 2 plus Amps needed to run the heater......that won't last forever.

You're right about the happy wife thing, of course. Covers other areas than just vapes you know?

OF

Thanks for the advice. If/When it stops working with the charger I'll try swapping the batteries. As one of the original "kids with the magic hands" ..... It would be best that i wait till it fails completely before potentially sacrificing it's younger brother.

OF

Thanks for the advice. If/When it stops working with the charger I'll try swapping the batteries. As one of the original "kids with the magic hands" ..... It would be best that i wait till it fails completely before potentially sacrificing it's younger brother.

Understood. When the time comes to try, the two common screw ups are not using the correct size screwdriver (and stripping the screw heads) and over tightening them (cracking the plastic base). Breaking the odd tap in the battery cover inside is not a problem, it'll work fine without it.

BTW, as you probably know by now, swapping parts from your good unit to one that is broken for testing is a classic way of ending up with two dead units?

Yer welcome, of course, good luck.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
How can you taste the OG-ASOLINE with that paper joint?
i guess bad idea
Before surfing huge wave’s in HAWAII 3 hit’s of a joint for Flavor?
Maybe that Is why 6 joint’s were needed to reach NIRVANA?

Da SOLO was like FUTURAMA to me!

We pulled the MALE’s and the female’s swelled?
Mainland folk’s thought SURFING people were wasteful?
GDP was in the early stage’s of the GREEN RUSH!

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Before surfing huge wave’s in HAWAII 3 hit’s of a joint for Flavor?
Maybe that Is why 6 joint’s were needed to reach NIRVANA?

Da SOLO was like FUTURAMA to me!

We pulled the MALE’s and the female’s swelled?
Mainland folk’s thought SURFING people were wasteful?
GDP was in the early stage’s of the GREEN RUSH!

GDP. How you like em' Myrcene? You like being medicated before catching em' waves ?!:brow:

Top Bottom