Arizer Solo

dorkus_molorkus

ProudVaporTowerOwner said:
Shores805 said:
:mad:This Vape totally blows!!! So bummed. I have an original Arizer Extreme(before the Q) and love it. I thought Arizer was synonymous with quality.I guess Id be wrong. I just returned my Solo for the following reasons: #1 Well for starters( and I see that others have had this issue) my glass mouthpieces didnt fit. Not only would they pop out with nothing to secure them to the bowl, the loose stem actually hinders a quality vape hit since cool air is getting around the perimeter of the glass piece in the bowl instead of up from within the heating element. #2 What! No Screens??!!?!? The holes on these mouthpieces are massive-I constantly got a mouthful of dried herb.This is especially true if your bud is super dry(as it should be) prior to grinding, because dry bud will grind finer, resulting in more material through the holes in the stem. Screens are absolutely CRITICAL!!!! Especially if you feel the need to take a forceful pull on the vape to expedite the head change. Im blown away that Arizer blew it so hard on this vape. It fucking BLOWS. Can anyone recommend a more quality unit?

Hey, some people would bitch if you hung em with a new rope. Instead of bitching design a stem get a patent, and sell the shit out of em. Don't come on here and bash a work of art, make it better....ya ok so your saying you returned it because of the stem and that's it?

@proudvaportowerowner-dude, you sound so angry. Is there anything you wanna talk about?? I am here for you Bro. :lol:
(sorry, man. Couldnt resist. :peace: )

@ Da ape & stu- you guys been getting a bit extra medicated without me?? not cool guys- lol
The only problem is, if the wandhash goodies are now finding their way inside, then how exactly do i do a QWISO wash of my trachea & associated organs??

@da ape again- minivap PMSL

:D

dorkus_molorkus,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Everclear is 190 proof, if it will take fingernail polish off then...as long as there's not an excess of caked on dry resign, it cuts right through..

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
dorkus_molorkus said:
The only problem is, if the wandhash goodies are now finding their way inside, then how exactly do i do a QWISO wash of my trachea & associated organs??

:D
First, duct tape a coffee filter to your ass... I'll email the rest as it's probably not fit for the interwebs...

:peace:

Stu,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
The price of the Minivap will pucker his ass...maybe.....maybe he is the Hollywood type that can afford it. Sure would like to try one. Maybe I will buy one and then rent it out til it's pd for.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
dorkus_molorkus said:
@stu- dont have any coffee filters will the insert from a french press suffice?
It could work, but the balls might be in danger.

Cuidado.

Stu,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Off to get me some Everclear. Haven't had any since I was 16. But I just don't do alcohol anymore so I guess mine will have to evap to oil.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

lots of cool peeps on this site, no wonder I love to hang here. :D

yes stu- beware indeed! (thankyou google translate)

dorkus_molorkus,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
One thing I did when I couldn't find any screens, was get a little bit of bud (less than 1/4 of the stem) that is very coarsely ground, and press it down as much as I could. Then I just packed my stem as per usual.
It worked so well that when I dumped out my ABV, the regular bud fell out, but the "screen bud" stayed in the stem until I used a pick.
I only did it for a few stems, but it worked pretty well.

Has anyone tried the screens from planet vape?
I was reading their description of the screens, and it sounds like the screens are the exact same size as the stem.
I like a tight fitting screen, and my trimmed down-domed ssv screens only come out if I dig them out with a pick, but from the description on planetvape, it sounds like their screens just sort of loosely fall to the bottom of the bowl.

Frederick McGuire,

shadyonedeath

Man, this vape 'high' is weird...i've never vaped before but I just took 4 full stem bowls to the head and i barely feel anything. I mean..i'm high because i feel disoriented a bit (like slow to react) but my head feels weird...like nothings happening but it is? its hard to explain...but, im smoking some indica and don't feel the same 'high' as combustion. (no shit, but still its new to me)

Also,

-how are you guys getting such huge clouds? Mine look week and im taking like 8 sips.

-Why does my Solo LED blink red when i take a sip? And then it stops after a few blinks and again...

shadyonedeath,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
That's showing that the heater is active, every time you take a sip, it drops the temp a bit, and the heater kicks in.

What temp are you using?
I usually sart at 5 on my SS, then finish on 7.

Also, try changing your draw speed up a bit, IME the solo isn't very draw dependent, but pulling too hard has caused weaker clouds for me at times.

Frederick McGuire,

dorkus_molorkus

shadyonedeath said:
Man, this vape 'high' is weird...i've never vaped before but I just took 4 full stem bowls to the head and i barely feel anything. I mean..i'm high because i feel disoriented a bit (like slow to react) but my head feels weird...like nothings happening but it is? its hard to explain...but, im smoking some indica and don't feel the same 'high' as combustion. (no shit, but still its new to me)

Also,

-how are you guys getting such huge clouds? Mine look week and im taking like 8 sips.

-Why does my Solo LED blink red when i take a sip? And then it stops after a few blinks and again...

okey pokey then. I found the high from vaping very different from combusting. Infact whenever I give my vape to anyone for the 1st time I tell them they have to LOOK for the buzz.

It take a little getting used to, but trust me, once you do there is no going back. a vapor high is far superior than a combustion high IMO.

To get big clouds try a fine grind, set the solo at a high temp & preheat for 30sec to minute, and of course put a screen in it. then hit it with a very steady, but slow draw thru your fav waterpiece.
the clouds will cometh!

In blinking red light is the solo heating after you have depleted some of the heat by hitting it.

practise my friend, give it a bit & you will be loving this thing.

read post 2609 page 145, might give you some tips.

also checkout post 1655 page 67 for a vid of some bitchin solo clouds using a domed screen.

dorkus_molorkus,

shadyonedeath

thanks man, but i dont own a water pipe. Just a glass pipe and this Solo.

Thanks for thread pages, very useful.

On the red blinking, am I supposed to stop when it blinks? it seems to start blinking right away...i feel like I have to build up multiple mini-sips in my mouth before inhaling a good amount of vapor. Is that the correct way?

if you leave the unit ON, with the stem in the bowl, does it still vape your bud without you drawing on the straw?

shadyonedeath,

dorkus_molorkus

you dont need to stop hitting it whne the red light blinks, its just telling you its heating up a bit.

Get a small bit of silicone hose that fits on the end of the solo stem, then you can hit it via your glass pipe.
the silicone helps create a better seal.
you might find you like it a bit better than direct draw (I know I do)

But honestly, if you really want to get the best from your solo (& trust me this thing IS the shit)
then there is no better investment than reading the whole thread, and trying the little tweaks contained therein to get the most from your solo that suits you.

remember different strokes for different folks, even if you have vaped heaps before, the solo has a small learning curve in order to get the most from it.

So, you got 2 things to get used to, dont rush it & dont give up too quick. its really worth the effort.

and yeah, if you aint hitting it, its vaping your bud without you. :D

dorkus_molorkus,

shadyonedeath

how do you know when your bud is cashed?

Does it still produce vapor when its not worth inhaling?

shadyonedeath,

dorkus_molorkus

nup, the vapor stops when there is no more vapor to be had, then the bud is cashed.

Now, temps plays a big part of it for some users. But seeing as you are a combustion defector and not a medical patient (pls correct me if I am wrong), then use your solo anywhere from temp 5 to temp 7.
when the vapor stops then so does the fun till you repack, when you empty out your stem it should be a nice even brown al the way thu at those temps.

when you get used to that, then you might want to experiment with the different temps for yourself.

me,personally, temp no7 all the way.

get me blazed now dammit! but we are all different, & thats the awesome thing about vaping, nothings
written in stone(d). me funny :D

pratice young grasshopper.

dorkus_molorkus,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Shady, Listen to Master Dorkus, he knows what he's talking about.

Great posts over the past few hours. Everybodys on a roll. There is so much life in this thread.

Papa Woody,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

I try not to cash mine, I set it on 5 and when it kicks off in 12 min it's time to pack a fresh bowl. I then blow my stem into a everclear bottle, containing 2OZ of everclear, with this unit you can really get the max out of your herbs, I think the fact I use my herb twice is pretty smart.

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

OF

dorkus_molorkus said:

I'm not an owner (yet?) but was lurking to find out what the buzz is all about.....sorry, couldn't resist that.

The above statement bothers me, aren't you guys taking this seriously? The obvious answer is "gargle", right? Just remember to spit it out, don't swallow. New guys might want to start with Everclear, but the serious go right for the ISO.

Really surprised the 'down under' set isn't up on the latest tech. Things seem to have slipped since I was there...... Too much time walking their dogs on the beach sounds like to me. Does get dull there sometimes, you know.

OF

OF,

dorkus_molorkus

jeepers OF, we only got the fancy electrics when Ronald reagan was president, and the interweb was turned on here when Obama was inaugarated. Of course we are up with the latest tech.

So, I gargle ISO (no everclear here), but dont swallow right??
Its a strange idea for an aussie not to swallow alcohol?? Dont know how to sell that idea around here.

Oh BTW OF- If you find its dull in oz, then you aint drinking, vaping or hanging out at the beach enough.
oh, then there is the cricket. Just watched the aussies smash the Indians in the Sydney test, 4 days of riveting stuff. Much more interesting than baseball, and it goes for 5 days!!(this one went for 4days cause India needed
to rest cuz we smashed em!!) woo-hoo!

It was awesome, no matter who won BTW.

dorkus_molorkus,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Stu said:
Damn... I had forgotten about the hot chocolate that I meant to make with my dirty stems. Thanks for reminding me, Papa. I guess I need to dirty up some stems again to give it a whirl! :lol:

This is the best way i find to clean my stems, using full fat milk, gets it very clean and you get to have one of the best cups of milk you will ever taste. I am about to try it again this weekend while i paint the bathroom, should be a good day.

Lefthook,

OF

Cut it out, DM, yer killing me pulling my leg. So now you Aussies think you drink a bit, eigh?

25 or so years back I did some work with "Amalgamated Wireless of Australia". In my own ignorant way I thought I'd known serious drinkers before, a misconception quickly dispelled. They put the drunk Indians of the Yukon (my previous champ drinking buds) in with the school teachers and nuns to make more room. The 'ordinary' was open only an hour or so right after work and had no place to sit down. No need, folks came to grab a quick beer or ten on the way home. Be a sin to take up all that drinking room with chairs and tables. Besides which, would slow hosing the place out after we left. Utter chaos, I loved it.

I was doing Marine Electronics work ATT, one of our products was a satellite navigator, and as you know sailing is a big deal 'down under'. I very narrowly avoided 'taking her out for a test' one time. Short trip, only a few days. This is an open ocean racer (and crew), nothing below but sails, a pot low down for when it's too rough or public to just hang it over the stern and all your gear in nets along the rails. Including of course the beer. Racing rules are quite strict with weight distribution. You can shift the crew, hang as many of them as far out as you dare, but you can't shift cargo. Doesn't say you can't selectively drink the beer, of course. In times of need every crew member has to do his part. Scary stuff for us tourists. I was more afraid of that trip than the two week fishing run out of Hong Kong I skated out of, but that's another story.

So the Aussies still drink some you say? Whoda figured?

OF

OF,

pain101

i use the 'plant screen' method myself.

just pack a nug into the bottom, i dont bother compressing it or anything much, just put it in there, then pack in some ground herb over that, vape away, and just tap it out into my abv jar. the nug stays up in the bottom for the next time. i find after a while the nug gets sticky and caked, so i stir it up and vape it(the holes are usually gunked up by this point)
then just go through the cycle again with a new little nug in top.

OOHHH, and i have combusted with the solo!!!
lol, it was a cotton ball SOAKED in stem goo. it started smoldering and was harsh as shit, took it out of the solo and had to blow it out.
one time thing though, never happened since. (the goo was just collected by scraping not with volatile liquids)

pain101,
Top Bottom