Arizer Solo

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
VapeNStone said:
ProudVaporTowerOwner said:
Everclear is 190 proof, if it will take fingernail polish off then...as long as there's not an excess of caked on dry resign, it cuts right through..
actually everclear has lowered their alcohol percentage to 151. I just picked up some stuff called Volkov I believe. That was the only one that I could find that is still 190 proof.

Everclear used to have 2 versions, a 190 proof and a 151 proof. I have not heard that they have discontinued their 190 proof version. I'll have to swing by the store and see if I can still get the 190. Some states won't allow the sale of 190. Nevada does.

Papa Woody,
Hey i just ordered am arizer solo m105 and the glass stems do not fit into the vaporizer :(

has anyone else had this problem? its only off by what must be less then a millimeter.

sinstar213,

dorkus_molorkus

@sinstar- read post 2609 page 145, most of your solo questions will be answered there.
and specifically the answer to the question you asked.

dorkus_molorkus,
dorkus_molorkus said:
@sinstar- read post 2609 page 145, most of your solo questions will be answered there.

THANKS!! i was thinking of doing that but i was worried it would void the warranty if i scratched it up in the proccess, but i suppose thats alittle silly since that could happen with normal ware and tare? guess im just nervous about anything with it because of the price.

sinstar213,

dorkus_molorkus

no worries, and woops its post 3609 not 2609, but you found it anyway.
Just be gentle with it & you should be ok.

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^Aussie VD

Your doin a good job directing traffic here on FC and I'm just sittin back vapin waitin for someone to jump someones ass. So far nutin. Somebody piss someone off pls.

Da Ape :rofl:

Vaped Ape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
dorkus_molorkus said:

I apologize for this being off topic, but...

I notice there have been several posts on FC lately that refer to "post #suchandsuch on page#soandso". I don't know whether you wrote all of them or some others are doing the same thing, but it doesn't really matter. Please don't take this as a criticism because it's not. Pointing to your source is an excellent habit and I want to encourage it. In fact, I want to help you make it better, hence this little digression...

1. Go the the post you want to reference.

2. Hover over the timestamp and right-click.

3. Select "Copy link address" or whatever the equivalent is in your browser.

4. When you make the reference in your post, click the link button. It's the one that looks like a chain link in the second group above the text entry box.

5. In the little popup box, paste the link address you got in step 3, then hit OK.

6. Please please PLEASE enter some meaningful text to replace your "Your link text", even if it's just "post #suchandsuch on page#soandso". If you leave the default you make yourself look a bit newbish.

7. Done. Your reader can easily get to the post.

The trick here is the FluxBBS for some odd reason encapsulates the link in the timestamp and not in the post number, which is what normal people (me anyway) would expect.

Please forgive the interruption. We now return you to your regular programming...

pakalolo,

dorkus_molorkus

@pakalolo- cheers for that, now I gotta make a reference to this post so I can find in the future when I forget how to do it. lol

its those cool little tips that make life a little easier. thanks :)
really appreciated

@da ape- good things come to those who wait. :lol:
ps- you still havent returned my happy festivus emails.

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

Mean while back at the ranch I have decided to drop a booger-ball of oil into the stem and garnish with more weed. :o

Da ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Dorkus I cant find your e-mails. I think you are getting filtered out to junk and I tend to dump my junk mail. Give me another test test with a subject that will catch my eye (Like hey Ape you untrustworthy fuck) and I will try to retrieve.

Da Ape

EDIT: My emails from FC were getting filtered to junk mail and was a victim of the dump button. Seems my mail server hates the F word. Anyway I have fixed the problem.

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@pakalolo- thankyou soooo much. checkout the link in my siggy :D

@ da ape- have done just that, now remember i am using the FC email link below your user name.
not yr actual email addy. So, maybe you can hit me up via the same way?

dorkus_molorkus,

Mud

sinstar213 said:
Hey i just ordered am arizer solo m105 and the glass stems do not fit into the vaporizer :(

has anyone else had this problem? its only off by what must be less then a millimeter.

that's strange, mine are(were) both loose, they twist freely in the unit, but work fine.. I'm sure Arizer will send you replacements based on what I've read about their customer service..

Mud,

Vaped Ape

^^ Mud

Get some 600 grit black wet or dry sand paper. Roll it up and work the hole in the cap a few~.002.

Now I must get back to my laboratory and continue my work on a system that will totally eliminate the stem as we know it. Not shitin. :myday:

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@ da ape- you got mail. and BTW 'aussie VD', it took a bit for the penny to drop, then I stopped looking for the yellow discharge! lol- :o

@mud he would then need to send the whole unit back, it appears to be the spacer ring at fault not the
stem itself.

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

Dorkus...don't hold out give him da fix. Didn't you have the same problem with top ring.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

pecosthecat

This thread is a great resource. I am quite interested in this vaporizer, but the QC problems are quite disconcerting. I expect that the most recent product has most of these issues sorted out. Would you say that that is a correct assumption?

I don't live in North America, so having to send back a defective unit would be both costly and time consuming. Are there any particular vendors that have new stock so one could be certain that they would receive a newly manufactured unit?

pecosthecat,

dorkus_molorkus

@da ape- sure did, and I answered in post #3958, directed him to my cliffs notes where the details are there in all their glory.
try to keep up dude. lol :D

dorkus_molorkus,

Lostclusters

The Smell Issue (IMHO):

I think that you all will eventually find out, as I did, that the bulk of the smell from the Solos that smell is coming from that block that houses the bowl. The "electronics" smell is similar to flux which is used during the soldering process to prevent corrosion of the electrical contacts caused by the heat of soldering. The resin used to bind the components of that block, in the manufacturing process, smells similar to flux. The air path is restricted to that block so where else could it come from? Anyway, my sniffer says the smell comes from that block.

The use of alcohol on a rag to clean it, as one would clean a freshly soldiered circuit board, and then bake just that block might prove helpful in getting rid of the smell.

Lostclusters,

Glairige

Couple of observations:

1) It looks to me like quality control is much better at this point. I've ordered two (one as a gift) and both have been the SS version and in impeccable shape.

2) Warm it up before you try to put the glass tubes in. After sitting in an unheated UPS truck for days on end, the solo is super cold. Run a couple cycles with it first and then try to insert the glass tube, things will probably work much better.

Glairige,

Papa Woody

Lostclusters said:
The Smell Issue (IMHO):

I think that you all will eventually find out, as I did, that the bulk of the smell from the Solos that smell is coming from that block that houses the bowl. The "electronics" smell is similar to flux which is used during the soldering process to prevent corrosion of the electrical contacts caused by the heat of soldering. The resin used to bind the components of that block, in the manufacturing process, smells similar to flux. The air path is restricted to that block so where else could it come from? Anyway, my sniffer says the smell comes from that block.

The use of alcohol on a rag to clean it, as one would clean a freshly soldiered circuit board, and then bake just that block might prove helpful in getting rid of the smell.

Lostclusters, Have you baked your heater block yet? Be careful if you do because Soulhunter did just that a few pages back and melted his heater housing.
Soulhunters Post from page 147

Papa Woody,

dorkus_molorkus

Just checked vaporpedia & they mention the temp being 200c used to bake off the odour.
But, I've got this nagging feeling I saw a member mention they did it at 160c and succeeded in eliminating the smell, and I always thought that was the benchmark temp to cook yo solo.

Can anyone chime in & confirm the theory of 160c or at least confirm the post i am thinking of??

cuz for the life of me I cant find it & seeing my solo doesnt stink, I aint reading the thread again to find out.
Done it 3 times already.

dorkus_molorkus,

Papa Woody

dorkus_molorkus said:
Just checked vaporpedia & they mention the temp being 200c used to bake off the odour.
But, I've got this nagging feeling I saw a member mention they did it at 160c and succeeded in eliminating the smell, and I always thought that was the benchmark temp to cook yo solo.

Can anyone chime in & confirm the theory of 160c or at least confirm the post i am thinking of??

cuz for the life of me I cant find it & seeing my solo doesnt stink, I aint reading the thread again to find out.
Done it 3 times already.

Dorkus, thats for baking the cap without the plug and that's exactly what I did to get rid of the smell on my second Solo (baked the cap only at 350f for 15 min., I do remember someone baking their cap at 400f and he reported the smell going away but it turned the black cap to a dark copper color). These guys seem to be baking the heater housing surrounding the heater cup which is what Soulhunter did at 200c and melted his housing to the point where he threw out his brand new Solo. Of course he did not take any pictures of the damage to share with us and I remember him being asked if his oven temperature was accurate. Soulhunter was very angry during those posts so it was sometimes hard to understand exactly what he was doing and frankly for a while I thought he baked his entire Solo at 200c before I realized he only baked his cap and heater housing.

Anyways, thanks Dorkus for your great posts, you always make me laugh.
Later Bud

Papa Woody,
Top Bottom