Arizer Solo

hogleg

wake n blake said:
Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while. My solo's still running great, though... no chipping or anything. Smell quit after a short burn-in time, guess I was one of the lucky ones...

anyways, I checked the 'suggested retailers' sites on here, and none of them seem to sell the new 4 hole stems. Amazon sells the 4 hole bent ones, but for $16, which seems kind of high, but no go on the straight ones.

Am I missing a website that sells solo accessories? Or did they cease manufacturing?

Thanks for the help.
http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-vaporizer-glass-aroma-tube-straight-4-hole-stem.html

hogleg,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I tested out my GG franken-stem tonight.
I rinsed it under hot tap water to get rid of any glue residue, and once it was dry, I threw it in my ceramic on 7 to heat test it.

Aaaaaaand...

It started smelling like fumey crap :(

Im just gonna soak it in acetone to dissolve the glue and use the stem as a shortie.

Now to continue my quest to find a glassblower.

@wake n blake
PlanetVape has stems for about $10 each.
That's the best price I've found.

Edit: and hogleg beat me to it.

Frederick McGuire,

OF

Frederick McGuire said:
It started smelling like fumey crap :(

Im just gonna soak it in acetone to dissolve the glue and use the stem as a shortie.

Now to continue my quest to find a glassblower.

Bummer man, good show you lead with your nose, not your lungs.

Good thought on supporting some local craftsman, glassblowers need work too.

Keep up the good fight. 'Making it better' is kind of an American affliction....IMO one to be proud of. Followers you can get almost anywhere.

OF

OF,

shadyonedeath

I just got mine from Puffitup and it got here in 2 days! Woah!!!

Few questions:

1)They threw in a aluminum grinder but its filled with metal shavings! Whats the best way to clean it? Is it fine under running water/soap?

2) My oh my...why have I been buying top shelf product and not vaping!!! never using combustion with top shelf ever again..

Where is that Temperature chart that shows the different effects @ different settings?

shadyonedeath,

damienm420

Few questions:

1)They threw in a aluminum grinder but its filled with metal shavings! Whats the best way to clean it? Is it fine under running water/soap?

Water will be fine. ISO is fine too but unnecessary. It's needed more when your grinder has weed stuck all over it and you want to totally clean it.

2) Do most of you Arizer Solo pioneers use screens? Did you modify them? (cut to fit) Same metal screens that can be found in a smoke shop?

Yes. I think a screen is a must. A cut screen will work just fine (thats what I'm using right now) but .5 inch screens fit

3) How do I make sure I dont over-do my session? I've never vaped but I usuall smoke about 2 large bowls on a glass pipe.

Once you have it turned up as high as you prefer, and you stop seeing vapor, then it is done. You will be able to tell a difference in taste. You can always just pull out the stem and check the herb. It's up to you. Some people like their herb very dark brown, others prefer it a very light brown. Depends if you like to vape all you can out of your herb. Just keep in mind if you will be saving your ABV for hash, to smoke, to make edibles, or to vape again.

4) My oh my...why have I been buying top shelf product and not vaping!!! never using combustion with top shelf ever again..

True that!!!

5) where can you get those MFLB battery caps?

Idk lol I want them too. For now, I've just been using a domed screen from the EQ as a cap. Some people just put another flat screen on top of the herb as a cap. That only works though if the screen fits very tight.

damienm420,

damienm420

Does anyone know what might be wrong with my Solo. When I charge it, it charges really quick, like 2 hours, but it never finishes. When I got it though straight out of the box, I turned it on and ran out the last 20 min or so of battery that was in it. Are you not supposed to run it completely dead when you first get it? My other Solo I didn't do this, I just plugged it in from the start, and it charges fine. I just don't know if this is a battery or charger issue. Thanks
'I also forgot that when it's charging (the messed up one) the lights will be lit up all the way to number 6 and then it will drop to like 2 and then go back up to 6. And it just keeps doing this forever and never gets completely charged.

damienm420,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You mean the charge light just keeps flashing, even if you leave it on charge a whole night?

I think you need to contact Arizer about that one if so.

It's recommended not to run these type of batteries completely dry, but it's not normal one dies if it happens just one time.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

@damienm420- dude that dont sound good at all. I'd be sending it back & getting another one.
Running it dead is old tech thinking, the current thinking is that these batteries like lots of little charges. Run a cycle or 2 then put it on charge seems to be the accepted way of solo battery care.

@OTA- damn you fast dude- you posted as I was writing lol :D

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Not really, lol, I think I just got to it faster.

I've been having keyboard problems for 2 days now and it slows me down enormously. I basically have to add all spaces manually after typing a sentence, it's driving me f*ck*ng crazy!

OhTheAgony,

vapeon

5) where can you get those MFLB battery caps?

Planetvape has them also or Blissville.com
:peace:

vapeon,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

:ko: 4 hole stem recommended, I like a 4-5 setting ough how yummy:) yes I think that was worth 16$ delivered, I don't have the money to buy another or I would. ...I think this company rocks....Basically they have given the wheelchair user, with at least one semi working arm...the ability to self medicate...and I think that's tits, it's something that I've needed in my life for quite awhile, for this I thank Arizer..personally I would like to see this company much further ahead by 2013...13 might be a bad luck number for most people, but I'm not one of those people .....I'm a extremely optimistic person, and from what I see..Arizer is in a position to seek doctor approval, and get this thing deemed as a medical device.

ProudVaporTowerOwner,
Hey guys/gals first time poster here. Just wanted to say that I bought one of these bad boys with my christmas cash lol. Got it on amazon and was too impatient to take the free super saver shipping and opted for the 2 day shipping, all said and done I paid like $168.

I remember using a vaporizer something like 10 years ago and not being impressed but all the combustion over the years has done me in and I needed a healthier alternative to give my lungs a break. Was gonna go MFLB til I started reading bout the solo and figured this was gonna be my newest toy. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but once I got it all figured out and vaped some good stuff I'm in love <3.

Been vaping blue dream the past 2 days and haven't touched my bowl or lighter since Tuesday. I actually tucked those items in the back of the cabinet out of sight to try and forget about them. That's how good I think this solo is. I usually start up around temp setting 3 where I really don't see any vapor, after about a minute there I jump to 5 for a few minutes and finish up about 7. This thing really cranks between 5 and 7!

I opted for a black vape, wound up getting a M105 with straight and bent whips(4 hole). I'm diggin the straight whip. How are you guys cleaning these things? Mine cleaned up nice with some alcohol and 2 taped together q tips. If there is an easier way let me know please.

I haven't noticed any smell or noises in my unit. The whips fit pretty snug and won't slide out if I turn it upside down. Not sure if I got a ceramic or ss version though. Seems like its just painted metal but I'm not sure. Anyways thought I would register and tell everyone how much I love this thing. Time to go get vaped :cool:

E.F.Searles,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
E.F.Searles said:
Hey guys/gals first time poster here. Just wanted to say that I bought one of these bad boys with my christmas cash lol. Got it on amazon and was too impatient to take the free super saver shipping and opted for the 2 day shipping, all said and done I paid like $168.

I remember using a vaporizer something like 10 years ago and not being impressed but all the combustion over the years has done me in and I needed a healthier alternative to give my lungs a break. Was gonna go MFLB til I started reading bout the solo and figured this was gonna be my newest toy. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but once I got it all figured out and vaped some good stuff I'm in love <3.

Been vaping blue dream the past 2 days and haven't touched my bowl or lighter since Tuesday. I actually tucked those items in the back of the cabinet out of sight to try and forget about them. That's how good I think this solo is. I usually start up around temp setting 3 where I really don't see any vapor, after about a minute there I jump to 5 for a few minutes and finish up about 7. This thing really cranks between 5 and 7!

I opted for a black vape, wound up getting a M105 with straight and bent whips(4 hole). I'm diggin the straight whip. How are you guys cleaning these things? Mine cleaned up nice with some alcohol and 2 taped together q tips. If there is an easier way let me know please.

I haven't noticed any smell or noises in my unit. The whips fit pretty snug and won't slide out if I turn it upside down. Not sure if I got a ceramic or ss version though. Seems like its just painted metal but I'm not sure. Anyways thought I would register and tell everyone how much I love this thing. Time to go get vaped :cool:

Welcome to FC :) FYI - If you got the M105 then you have a ss bowl. Glad to hear ur lovin' the Solo, it's a fan fave as must be obvious by reading this thread. i have several vape and currently my M105 Solo is my daily driver alongside my HA. Welcome again and enjoy the FC community!

Chance2Vape,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Pipe cleaners are good. I've also wondered about making a little metal frame that holds two or more glass tubes secure and slots into a jar and then allows you to shake the jar without the stems moving around and breaking. Then you can give it some real fast focused rhythmic shakes with a small amount of iso. Hopefully they will be clean in no time.

AceTK,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Arizer shipped out my replacement solo today. Email says I got their latest model. Are most people getting m105 or m106 models as replacements? After reading so many good reviews I'm really hoping to get a smell free unit. My first one stank something fierce.

Gonzo,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Fingers crossed my M105-SS does not stink on arrival. Most M105's i've read on here seem to be fine though. Not sure about the M106's, not really heard anything. What model was your stinky one Gonzo?

AceTK,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Yeah but with pipe cleaners you run the risk of getting that dye in your mix, that grain alcohol will strip the dye out of a pipe cleaner.

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

dorkus_molorkus

my SS m106 has no smell, seems to heat up faster than my m102 & def has better battery life as well.
But I suspected my m102 battery from the get-go. 2 cycles on a fully charged unit drop my battery back to 4, sometimes even 3. whereas 2 cycles on my m106 only drops the battery by 1point back to 6.

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom