Arizer Solo

Buzzbomb Almighty

Re the NLE: I think since everyone seems to like it they'll probably either
A: bring it out every Christmas as a limited edition
B: make more of them and sell them year-round for a little more than the standard model
C: shun all material possessions and join a commune

My feeling is either A or B.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Happy New Year Soloists. Looking forward to a brand new shining year. I think I will be getting a new battery for my Solo - it will be like new!

Be careful when cleaning that the holes in the oven so they don't get clogged up. I've used a pin to clean out the holes. I usually clean the oven when my Solo is warm. I agree you will have wear and tear in the oven but it shouldn't take away from any flavor.

I have so many strains I picked up yesterday. Many good prices to be had and some excellent deals. I went to four different shops and found an excellent cannabis store with some awesome people. Everything was 25% off.

I also found a lousy shop and bought one gram. They had nothing that I had seen on their website. The bud tender with the medical endorsement wasnt even there. They were not able to sign me into their system so I would get 9% off on state taxes.

We need more action in the Solo thread you guys.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Happy New Year Soloists. Looking forward to a brand new shining year. I think I will be getting a new battery for my Solo - it will be like new!
I have so many strains I picked up yesterday. Many good prices to be had and some excellent deals. I went to four different shops and found an excellent cannabis store with some awesome people. Everything was 25% off.

I also found a lousy shop and bought one gram. They had nothing that I had seen on their website. The bud tender with the medical endorsement wasnt even there. They were not able to sign me into their system so I would get 9% off on state taxes.

Dn0Ol5D.jpg

NEW YEARS DAY = CIVILIZED

2017?

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@ataxian... Broken gong adapter civilized?

Y'all have a happy and civilized New Year.

I know I've got vas in a bad way 'cause even though I only use my solo a few times a month these days... I Really want one of the Northern Lights edition solos... don't understand why because I never buy any electronics that are white(nearly all my vapes are either wood or black) but this NLE Solo keeps calling to me so I have one sitting in my shopping cart trying to justify hitting the proceed to paypal button.

:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian... Broken gong adapter civilized?

Y'all have a happy and civilized New Year.

I know I've got vas in a bad way 'cause even though I only use my solo a few times a month these days... I Really want one of the Northern Lights edition solos... don't understand why because I never buy any electronics that are white(nearly all my vapes are either wood or black) but this NLE Solo keeps calling to me so I have one sitting in my shopping cart trying to justify hitting the proceed to paypal button.

I have not liked any portables?
The SOLO is really useful around the garden.

I tried this today and it works!
Not as good as a 18mm PHVES.
Now the WHITE ONE you call NORTHERN LIGHTS?

I want it!

VAS = CIVILIZED
JUSTIFIED = SOLO-IZED
TzDfwOn.jpg

@OF teflon tape for the seal.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I remember in elementary school if you got caught chewing gum, the teacher would ask; "did you bring a piece for everyone in the class?"

ataxian…did you bring a piece of bubblegum for everyone in the class? (JK) :rofl:

Happy New Year My Friend!! :bowdown:
I have BUBBLE GUM OG during the day.

4:20 CABERNET and a HYBRID
BLUE SKY OG (INDICA) night

SOLO while you can!

SELF INDUCED COMA = CIVILIZED

@Vitolo sorry dear friend however I feel fine!

blackstone

I decorated mine with stickers too! The car people call it stickerbomb I think. Had it for a day or two and took it off. I appreciate the black more now! It's very stealthy.
Wrapped in plastic, it was slightly less cold to the touch.
Painting it sounds like a good idea also.

I also found a lousy shop and bought one gram.

That sounds like a version of heaven for some Soloists! Even the lousy shop would do! Hopefully the idea catches on more, like it seems to be doing!:tup:

@ataxian... I know I've got vas in a bad way 'cause even though I only use my solo a few times a month these days... I Really want one of the Northern Lights edition solos... don't understand why because I never buy any electronics that are white(nearly all my vapes are either wood or black) but this NLE Solo keeps calling to me so I have one sitting in my shopping cart trying to justify hitting the proceed to paypal button.

I'll try not to encourage you, but Do It!!!! Only joking.
They seemed to get the formula right on this one. I wouldn't know if I should put Northern lights into it, or try watch the Northern lights using it, or all three would be great!
The non-stealthy look and the possibility of picking up marks made me think of a case, then I thought of that white Solo VapeCase.
That would be a nice match.
mo542mnENL8h5L6Z6eyuGVw.jpg

Options for foam: Red, Blue or Black. No green to match the LEDs!
My VAS is cured for now though, and I'm enjoying what I have.

Imagine when Arizer launches their next portable!! OMG!!!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Sounds awesome watching the Northern Lights with my Solo. The Solo will keep working when all your other units are dead in the drawer. A portablable very easy to change out the battery for a new one. others have said that it's easy to do. I've never done this personally but it's one of the things I want to order soon, I will probably go with @PuffItUp. I see they are in stock - just $45.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I decorated mine with stickers too! The car people call it stickerbomb I think. Had it for a day or two and took it off. I appreciate the black more now! It's very stealthy.
Wrapped in plastic, it was slightly less cold to the touch.
Painting it sounds like a good idea also.

That sounds like a version of heaven for some Soloists! Even the lousy shop would do! Hopefully the idea catches on more, like it seems to be doing!:tup:

I'll try not to encourage you, but Do It!!!! Only joking.
They seemed to get the formula right on this one. I wouldn't know if I should put Northern lights into it, or try watch the Northern lights using it, or all three would be great!
The non-stealthy look and the possibility of picking up marks made me think of a case, then I thought of that white Solo VapeCase.
That would be a nice match.
mo542mnENL8h5L6Z6eyuGVw.jpg

Options for foam: Red, Blue or Black. No green to match the LEDs!
My VAS is cured for now though, and I'm enjoying what I have.

Imagine when Arizer launches their next portable!! OMG!!!
You most likely believe or think I'm a prick of misery?

I know I'm not a very strong proponent of portable vaporizers, however I do like the SOLO and use it daily! (however my views are my views)

A white one? (so cool) as in good to the max!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Kinda makes you wonder what the poor people are doing for entertainment tonight.........

OF
420 is SOLO TIME!
KANDY KUSH OG for this poor person!

CIVILIZED at least!
W8Eg0wx.jpg

CALIFORNIA is the place you augt to be?
We talk funny but have WINE with our CANNABIS!
Just being TUBULAR!
CIVILIZED = SOLO SESSION = SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE!
LEVEL = 4 (for me?)
@Baron23 420 is a special time on the WEST COAST.
420 need to be FEDERAL (FYI)

Last edited:

ShiningRam

Hi all! I'm a former FC member who due to work-related reasons had to bow out from vaping for quite awhile. After coming back and spending some time with a gravity bong (smoke! *gasp*) and the MFLB (quite a nice piece, I'll say), I still found myself drawn to the Arizer Solo, my first ever piece.

I had given it away in autumn 2014 and by some miracle the friend I had given it to still had it -- and by 'it', I mean the stock stem and the piece itself -- and let me not forget the o-ring I had inserted. The charger, PVHES stem, grinder, etc, etc were all missing. At any rate, my old Solo was, for all intents and purposes, dead. I asked my buddy if he thought the unit was entirely shot, if perhaps the battery was toast, or if the battery just needed charge. He had no clue.

After shopping around and pricing different options, I ultimately ended up with the following three choices: a.) buy a new Arizer Solo, b.) upgrade and buy an Arizer Air, or c.) attempt to refurbish my old Solo.

After some thinking I opted for the third choice. I ordered a new PVHES stem, a grinder, a new charger, o-rings and screens, and a new lithium-ion battery.

Only two of the above have arrived -- the grinder and the charger. After some suspense I'm *very* happy to say that my ol' baby is charging (note this is without the new battery)! I'm well aware that although the battery may be functional, after having sat around on nearly-no-charge for ~2 years it will surely be significantly degraded, yet seemingly still somewhat functional! A victory in my book!

At any rate, I'll take off my story-telling hat and ask the question I came here to ask:

I still have yet to receive my new screens and unfortunately the glass stem I got back from my friend is without one. I have everything I need to properly vape with the exception of a screen. I suppose I could run to a nearby headshop but I'd rather not if possible, given that I had fresh screens arriving on Monday.

Could anyone recommend a makeshift screen, and/or has anyone had the experience of using the Solo without a screen? I assume it'd be doable, although I'd have to be very careful to pull gently. Some thoughts/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

It's nice to be back!

*edit* a few photos to share. She's pretty nicked up but that's endearing as far as I'm concerned!

d473661b76.jpg

92127bcc91.jpg

633a061790.jpg

Last edited:

ShiningRam

An update on the state of my refurbished Solo: it works! Charged her on up, found a makeshift screen and got to work. Started at level 2, taking two draws, repeating the process for 3, 4, and eventually working my way up to level 5 -- no issues at all. The hits were robust and tasty. Man did I miss this little guy!

Still have levels 6 and 7 to work through and I'm quite looking forward to them! Ah, in fact, just turned it on and after one ~4-5 minute session it indicated that it was (relatively) fully charged, showing all 7 lights illuminated on bootup. That's really great news.

ef8c9b7671.jpg

886c4632a8.jpg

OF

Could anyone recommend a makeshift screen, and/or has anyone had the experience of using the Solo without a screen? I assume it'd be doable, although I'd have to be very careful to pull gently. Some thoughts/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

First off, IMO a great call rebuilding rather than replacing. Your unit will enjoy 'true PA' mode, unlike the version available new today. Even if you don't get a PA, you've avoided the risk of damaging your battery with sloppy 'use while charging' habits. Congratulations!

Besides, it sure looks like 'an old friend' to me, looks like you've shared some tough miles?

Now to your question, you don't need a screen really. You can even vape intact budlets in Solo without one (or grinding at all). If you insist, 5/8 inch screens fit snugly with a slight dome and were my 'go to' solution before the domed screens......you do know about the nifty domed screens Sinclue found?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The same guy sells different quantities as well. Very tough and long lasting. 'Dome up' they cut the load size in about half, 'dome down' the volume is about the same but a much bigger area of screen is 'working' so it doesn't foul very fast at all. You can do a lot of bowls before cleaning (which I do by heating them until they glow.......).

Enjoy your 'new' Solo, you're a lucky chap indeed.

OF

ShiningRam

First off, IMO a great call rebuilding rather than replacing. Your unit will enjoy 'true PA' mode, unlike the version available new today. Even if you don't get a PA, you've avoided the risk of damaging your battery with sloppy 'use while charging' habits. Congratulations!

Besides, it sure looks like 'an old friend' to me, looks like you've shared some tough miles?

Now to your question, you don't need a screen really. You can even vape intact budlets in Solo without one (or grinding at all). If you insist, 5/8 inch screens fit snugly with a slight dome and were my 'go to' solution before the domed screens......you do know about the nifty domed screens Sinclue found?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The same guy sells different quantities as well. Very tough and long lasting. 'Dome up' they cut the load size in about half, 'dome down' the volume is about the same but a much bigger area of screen is 'working' so it doesn't foul very fast at all. You can do a lot of bowls before cleaning (which I do by heating them until they glow.......).

Enjoy your 'new' Solo, you're a lucky chap indeed.

OF

Yeah we've seen a lot together, that's for sure. Lots of good, some not-so-good either. :)

With regard to the screens I'm a bit ashamed to admit this but I crafted a screen using the filters, or screens, if you will, from my bathroom faucet. Soaked it in 90% isopropyl alcohol for about 30 minutes, followed up with soap and water and a good rinse. Certainly sketchy but a risk I'm willing to take, heh. I actually ordered a pack of screens from PuffitUp that should be arriving tomorrow.

OF

With regard to the screens I'm a bit ashamed to admit this but I crafted a screen using the filters, or screens, if you will, from my bathroom faucet. Soaked it in 90% isopropyl alcohol for about 30 minutes, followed up with soap and water and a good rinse. Certainly sketchy but a risk I'm willing to take, heh. I actually ordered a pack of screens from PuffitUp that should be arriving tomorrow.

A guy that looks a lot like me did exactly that many years back......IMO you're in good company.

Next time I suggest it's easier (and probably cleaner) to flame the screen if it's SS (which it no doubt is). Heat it with a torch type lighter or even the kitchen stove until it glows. SS won't burn, melt, or corrode at those temperatures. In fact, the oxide layer gets built up so it's even tougher on the surface.

Faster, and more sterile. And you get to play with fire. Once, when caught flat at a friends house when the only screen available turned up too jammed to use I did a pretty fair job by flattening the screen out and laying it on the (electric) 'burner' on the stove on High. Smoked awfully but came up clean enough to save the day.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Great news, sounds like you're headed into tall cotton.

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

What a good story! Sort of like the lost pet travelling thousands of miles to be re-united with it's owner, but maybe this isn't one to submit to Reader's Digest. :lol: I have loads of screens (they were cheap in the 100 pack), but haven't used one in months; imo not a necessity at all.

OF

No screen, no grind, no mess, no waste and when your done clear the stem like a peashooter. good childish fun.
This is my current method also!

Another (very useful) feature of Solo/Air: It's very versitle. It supports a wide range of techniques allowing us to customize to suit our individual needs/wants/restrictions/fantasies. Good results can come many ways, unlike many other vapes.

While this is a blessing it's also a curse. In several ways. For instance, it can lead new guys into thinking there's a right and wrong way to use it......leading to focus on repeating what they see on the web. And it can also cause trouble with lesser vapes that are more demanding on load/technique.

Add to that long battery life, rugged build, low cost, great history/reputation/ support, intuitive controls, and clean taste (thanks to all that lovely glass) and it's clear why other vapes wish they were Solos.

Oh, yeah, it's frugal with your goods as well, something many find a plus?

OF

Top Bottom