Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
And ... lived to talk about it ?
No def. not me .
Don't want to find any broken glass in my food . ( jk )
@pooman I always considered you a friend!

I break a lot of glass however I have a budget for it. (GonG's and STEMS cost way more than the device in my case.)

ARISER would not warranty my 2nd SOLO that had bad batteries.
So I bought a battery pack and fixed it myself.
I told myself not to buy vaporizer's from amazon again.

My first SOLO was a M107 and SILVER = $300 (smoke shop)
The 2nd BLACK was $160 on amazon (my bad)

Customer service at ARISER said: "Your SHIT out of luck"!

I bought a '"Q" and use it sometimes. (even after them slamming the door)

The SOLO is perfect for my needs so regardless to being treated like a Low Income Sack I still buy their products.

I'm a forgiving person however I don't forget!

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

Ataxian, here's what I do; I put an O-ring on the outside of the stem then move the oven cover to sit partly on top of it.
hHQ6Xtd.jpg

Then they don't fall out. ;)
rUOlAwx.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxian, here's what I do; I put an O-ring on the outside of the stem then move the oven cover to sit partly on top of it.
hHQ6Xtd.jpg

Then they don't fall out. ;)
rUOlAwx.jpg
I put a 113 seal under the cap.
@OF gave me this tip!
I was breaking a stem every week until I installed the seal.
GonG's I break while cleaning.

I hate GonG's and STEMS so I have to make some that are unbreakable without effecting flavor.
Is that a AIR STEM?
Mine broke before I got to try it?

The SOLO itself is my favorite device.
Accessory wise is the weak link. (in my case)

Last edited:

OF

Is there a plastic container that can hold stems safely?

I'm thinking of getting a Solo or Air but I need a good stem storage solution.

"Travel Tubes" (unformed soft drink bottle blanks) from PV are a bang up protection......or rather great protection from getting banged up. You could probably drive you car over one without doing more than a scratch or two. You can buy them other places (like Amazon and EBay) as 'baby soda bottles'.

http://www.planetvape.ca/travel-tube.html

No need to hold off any longer. Every day you delay makes it a day later enjoying.......

OF

zeebudz

Never buy a SOLO on line. (amazon or ebay)
randy at puff it up or planet vapes might be a safer bet!

I didn't even know this was problem until after the fact. In my case, I have had no problems with the unit and so didn't have to worry about warranty service.

Just went on Amazon and don't even see any Solos for sale. Has Arizer been actively pursuing unauthorized sellers?

zeebudz,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I didn't even know this was problem until after the fact. In my case, I have had no problems with the unit and so didn't have to worry about warranty service.

Just went on Amazon and don't even see any Solos for sale. Has Arizer been actively pursuing unauthorized sellers?
5 or 6 years ago.
amazon tried not to sell cannabis friendly products! (years ago they did)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got mine from agricancorp from Ontario on ebay, they claim to be a factory authorised dealer. Made in Canada, shipped from Canada, I'm Canadian, it just all seems so right....
On electronics I just buy from the manufacture.
I've been burnt everytime I cut corners.

In CALIFORNIA by the OCEAN it's 80F and the surf is up!

CANNABIS is cheap and my SOLO is helping me to read.
Next SOLO I'll get from planetvapes.com to protect myself from myself!

crisallin

So after using the solo everyday for the last 2 years it finally seems to have given in, now when I try turning it on it looks like it's heating up but it just beeps and shuts off automatically within a minute and it fails to heat up to even level 1. The battery is fully charged, could this be a problem in the circuit or the battery?

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Just curious if the Solos are continuing to have problems with the base plates cracking. My first Solo had absolutely no problems. I did not baby it or pay any special attention at all. Not a single crack anywhere. My second solo had a base plate that cracked like crazy for no apparent reason. Got a replacement which I really treated with kid gloves and it cracked in several places as well. I would actually find shards in my pocket. No, i did not put an o-ring under the cap and crank it down to cause the problem. Did not know if this had been addressed in production in later models. If anyone has a newer Solo that they have been using for a couple of months, please let me know if you are having problems with base cracks. Thanks!

I have 2 Solos which I bought a year or two ago. I added tiny washers before the cracking appeared and there has been no problems. On the other one cracks started forming, I added the washers and there was no further cracking. This is the case even though I installed the # 113 "O" ring in each Solo.

OF

So after using the solo everyday for the last 2 years it finally seems to have given in, now when I try turning it on it looks like it's heating up but it just beeps and shuts off automatically within a minute and it fails to heat up to even level 1. The battery is fully charged, could this be a problem in the circuit or the battery?

Bummer. It could be the oven failing, we've had a report of at least one now. Does it get warmer at least?

It could also be the battery, even though it reads 'full' it might not be able to deliver enough power to support heating (one weak cell of the two could do this). Does it behave any differently 'plugged in' when you try to run it? That takes about half the load off the battery so a weak one should try longer before giving up?

OF

zeebudz

5 or 6 years ago.
amazon tried not to sell cannabis friendly products! (years ago they did)

That's bizarre, seeing how five years later there are fully legal states as well as many medical states. I did a search for "vaporizer", but Amazon actually gave me a search option for "vaporizer for marijuana". And that search has only a smattering of products rather than the bazillion that one normally expects on Amazon, most of which seem to be fairly new items judging by the number of reviews.

eBay also has a somewhat schizoid policy. It's usually my go to place for vape pens & accessories. Yeah, many of these items (batteries, coils, oil tanks) have crossover appeal to folks that use dangerous tobacco products, but others - like wax pens - are clearly only for cannabis extracts. I sold a new Snoop Dog G Pen (I stupidly bought it thinking it was a true herb vaporizer). At auction end, eBay sent an email to me saying that the item was not allowed and the buyer did not have to pay, but fortunately it was paid for & shipped already.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's bizarre, seeing how five years later there are fully legal states as well as many medical states. I did a search for "vaporizer", but Amazon actually gave me a search option for "vaporizer for marijuana". And that search has only a smattering of products rather than the bazillion that one normally expects on Amazon, most of which seem to be fairly new items judging by the number of reviews.

eBay also has a somewhat schizoid policy. It's usually my go to place for vape pens & accessories. Yeah, many of these items (batteries, coils, oil tanks) have crossover appeal to folks that use dangerous tobacco products, but others - like wax pens - are clearly only for cannabis extracts. I sold a new Snoop Dog G Pen (I stupidly bought it thinking it was a true herb vaporizer). At auction end, eBay sent an email to me saying that the item was not allowed and the buyer did not have to pay, but fortunately it was paid for & shipped already.
Not to get political however CANNABIS will be legal amazon and ebay will carry more stuff.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When looking to buy a vaporizer it's good to go with s good online company. The sponsors that we have here on FC have been vetted by the best. If we have any problems we voice them on FC.

If in the U.S, PUffitup would be your best price on a Solo. Customer service and prices are the reason I go with Randy. Often he will meet any other vendors prices.

It's expensive buying a Solo in my area. I priced one at a couple of smokes shops (head shops) and one was $220.00 and another one was $249.00. The sales people didn't even know that much about the products that they were selling. I saw some other vaporizers selling for a lot more than through PIU. They still have a lot of products that are geared strictly for smoking. I hadn't been in a head shop in year and a half or so.

The Solo is the best, durable portable I have. I have the Solo's thinner, younger, little sister too. It's also a great vaporizer. You can't go wrong with either unit.

Edit
@ataxian you're not an asshole. You are with friends.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When looking to buy a vaporizer it's good to go with s good online company. The sponsors that we have here on FC have been vetted by the best. If we have any problems we voice them on FC.

If in the U.S, PUffitup would be your best price on a Solo. Customer service and prices are the reason I go with Randy. Often he will meet any other vendors prices.

It's expensive buying a Solo in my area. I priced one at a couple of smokes shops (head shops) and one was $220.00 and another one was $249.00. The sales people didn't even know that much about the products that they were selling. I saw some other vaporizers selling for a lot more than through PIU. They still have a lot of products that are geared strictly for smoking. I hadn't been in a head shop in year and a half or so.

The Solo is the best, durable portable I have. I have the Solo's thinner, younger, little sister too. It's also a great vaporizer. You can't go wrong with either unit.
I'm in the middle of deep thought!
I rip the SOLO on level 4 Dry STEM BENT FULL of DUTCH TREAT.
As long as your enjoying whatever you have?

@CarolKing is so nice of a person.
I'm a ASS HOLE when I think about it?

Where was I?
Oh yeah!
My next portable I'll buy from a respectable dealer.

bounce5

Are you a customer service rep for Arizer? Are you just a fan or are you associated with Arizer?

OF

Are you a customer service rep for Arizer? Are you just a fan or are you associated with Arizer?

She's the genuine article, and she's not alone. Advising against 'EBay buys' (even from 'official dealers') is pretty common, citing advantages in Customer Support from supporters of these Forums like PIU. Normally we'd be suggesting PV as well, but they seem to be having troubles with banking. Canada is a good place to buy, however, since their dollar 'is way down' (or is it up?).

Being associated with a maker or dealer 'on the sly' is forbidden here, she definitely 'doesn't have a dog in this fight'.

You can trust her or miss out on excellent advice, your call.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Im just a regular person with no ties to any companies. I just report what I like in service and in vaporizers.

All of us have been former cannabis smokers at one time. It's difficult to buy a vaporizer that you've never tried out. We exchange ideas here and have some great conversations regarding what we all have in common. I don't have these conversations generally with my neighbor or the people I work with. It's a fun community to be a part of.

Arizer makes a good product. I have other vaporizers I like as well. I do most my online vaporizer shopping through Puffitup and Planetvape. It really depends on if they are selling what I'm looking for. I use them because I've had good service in the past.

Some vaporizers you need to buy through the specific company that makes them such as the Enano or the Underdog.

jpdnkstr

I'll second Puffitup.com as an excellent state side retailer, and arizer as an excellent Canadian vape company. I have no affiliation with either other than being a satisfied customer. Arizer makes them, Randy passes them out, we're all happy around here! I just picked up an Air from piu, purchased a solo and 2 solo batteries in the past, and will continue to do business with them their customer service and warranty policy is unbeatable!(piu)

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:
Top Bottom