Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you don't want to use a domed screen you could also pack a full load and take a few draws and take the stem out when finished. Set the stem on a plate or something heat resistant. Later pick up where you left, just give your cannabis a stir. If you still have light colored cannabis left just repeat the process.

I find that the Solo is so versatile. Planetvape sells the shorty PVHES mouthpieces, they have a smaller bowl than the standard stem. The PV stems are kinda spendy, just thought i would throw that out there. I see that Planetvape has been having some technical problems. They should be resolved soon.

@Regalizgirl Maybe a cannabis with a higher CBD level might lessen the impact of the THC to your system, but still get the medicinal value. A more alert feeling and less stoney.

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
The 'Ed's stems have LOTS of herb to hot metal contact' argument is, I think, a strong one?
The WonG is awesome, but glass produces better clouds.

Is that because it's colder rather than hotter, as metal conducts heat better than glass as glass is really an insulator?

1DMF,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is there a way to post pictures off my cell phone ? I took pictures to how the buds look after a session
I never look at my FLOWERS (buds) after vaping?
How do I feel is more important than ABV. (Already Been Vaped)

Vaporizers are basic.
CANNABIS (material) is where our focus needs to be.

All my devices work better with quality CANNABIS.

Get medicated first.

SOLO (vaping DUTCH TREAT)

CIVILIZED!
9IPdIqS.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I found this I'm not sure if it's been listed. I thought it was interesting. Not trying to promote the website or anything. I don't know their reputation.

arizer-solo-flir.jpg

The Solo is fantastic!

There are 7 temperature settings. FLIR thermal images show the heating chamber to be nice and uniform. With the Solo, you load the chamber by loading your herb into the glass stem. It was really easy to use the glass stem as a spoon to load up coarsely ground herbs from my grinder.

The herb should only come in contact with the glass stem, although some pieces at the bottom may touch the stainless steel surface of the crucible. The parts of herb that contact the steel may char.

Flavor is very nice and clean. The vapor path is all-glass which is as good as it gets.

arizer-solo-oven.jpg

The Solo heats primarily by convection, meaning hot air is drawn over the herb to vaporize it. The Solo's convection is very efficient. I didn't have to stir the herbs every few puffs to get an even golden-brown.

arizer-solo-flir_2.jpg

Be careful with the temperature settings. On the highest setting, level 7.

This was taken in 2014 with the release of the updated Solo. I'm thinking the top pic with the infrared heat is temp 4 and the bottom pic is temp 7. I searched the article and it didn't specific exactly. The reviewer said that he started off on temp 4 doing a burn off. I'm thinking that's the above picture.

Edit
The convection part I just copied. It was close to the pic so I left it in. Thought it would bring up discussion. We know it's conduction. I always believe my FC friend @OF He's my go to guy. I'm glad we have him here.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I only know what they are because of the Big Bang Theory!

@ataxian What's the mouthpiece you have on that stem?
I like a smaller mouth piece than most.
The tips I use are normally CHILLIUM'S however I broke them all.
I use the Tips from my wax pen's. (W9 TECH)
The SMOKE SHOP around the corner shut down recently.
There is a SMOKE SHOP maybe 5 miles away that has them.
We have to call them SMOKE SHOP'S now instead of HEAD SHOP'S. (PC POLICE)

BONG'S and large opening's kind of grosses me out?

SOLO's are simple cheap and work well!

Last edited:

OF

The SMOKE SHOP around the corner shut down recently.
There is a SMOKE SHOP maybe 5 miles away that has them.
We have to call them SMOKE SHOP'S now instead of HEAD SHOP'S. (PC POLICE)

I think we all understand the shop around the corner shutting down, what with you dropping by all the time, no way are they going to be able to keep fresh glass in stock....... The other shop has clearly lost it's protection.....they're next.

I'm not sure we should use 'Smoke' if we want to avoid the hate. Smoking is evil, tobacco you know?

OF

lookhigh

FC member
The herb should only come in contact with the glass stem, although some pieces at the bottom may touch the stainless steel surface of the crucible. The parts of herb that contact the steel may char.

That is what i was trying to say to @OF on the air thread, maybe its just my overactive taste buds?
Anyone else notice that the flavor is not as good when any herb touches the oven plate?

OF

i wonder if they fit the ed TNT wooden stems as well.

Yes, but not as well. The SS is a bit larger and 'more sticky' than the smooth glass.

Be careful on hot stems, they are not rated for high temperatures. You can buy high temperature versions (I've listed the MC link a few times) which are rated for full temperature for like 15 minutes. They are stiffer, of course.

I also find that cutting them in half:
WgOYSb5.jpg

Makes them easier to 'snap on and off' since you have a stiffer, thicker edge to work with against a thumbnail getting it off and a stiffer, more shallow, cap you can 'start sideways and snap on', even hot. The same cap, with a bit of tube, caps up the other end (plastic shown, but glass works as well with this 'cap and tube' technique with a bit more tube sticking out. This controls smell of course, sometimes more important than others.

OF

Commander Cody

Just curious if the Solos are continuing to have problems with the base plates cracking. My first Solo had absolutely no problems. I did not baby it or pay any special attention at all. Not a single crack anywhere. My second solo had a base plate that cracked like crazy for no apparent reason. Got a replacement which I really treated with kid gloves and it cracked in several places as well. I would actually find shards in my pocket. No, i did not put an o-ring under the cap and crank it down to cause the problem. Did not know if this had been addressed in production in later models. If anyone has a newer Solo that they have been using for a couple of months, please let me know if you are having problems with base cracks. Thanks!

lookhigh

FC member
Have one with some of the tabs going, Epoxy fixed that.
Does not affect performance so does not bother me.
You could also use washers for extra strength.

Top Bottom