Arizer Solo

lookhigh

FC member
Just ordered a solo. Any tips and tricks or other information I should know?
Great choice!!!
First thing, put it on charge and when the LED says full(solid green) leave it on charge for as long as possible. A few hours is good overnight is great. This is first charge only. Then run a couple of times on the highest heat setting and you are ready for blast of.
Don't worry about accessories for a while.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Welcome to the Solo club!

Battery tips:
As others have said, make sure you charge the battery before first use and leave it on the charger for a good while even after it's full. This is only necessary for the first charge. After that, charge your Solo when the battery gets low but try not to let it completely die. I charge mine when the battery indicator is at 1 or 2. Also, to prolong the battery life, it is recommended that you take the Solo off the charger when the indicator reaches 7 but while the "charging" light is still blinking (it will turn solid when the battery is fully charged). The reason behind this is that a high voltage (i.e. fully charged) actually stresses the battery. Every 0.10V drop below 4.20V/cell doubles the number of cycles but holds less capacity. So, you may get a session or two less on a charge but you will be doubling your battery's life. Most likely worth the trade-off?

Other tips/tricks:
  • If your stem fits too tightly and you have difficulty inserting it, try heating up the Solo before you insert the stem. Once your Solo is broken in more the fit will be a bit looser.
  • You will find that tilting the stem a little bit while drawing will help increase the airflow (reduces "milkshake effect")
  • Screens are not necessary but handy to have. They help with the little bits of ground herb that occasionally come through the holes in the stem. And if you put in a slightly oversized screen so that it makes a dome shape, you can reduce the bowl size and use less herb.
There's lots of different ways to use the Solo. Find what way suits you best. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure!

:peace:

Buzzbomb Almighty

I use a screen but found they pop out unless I trim a tiny bit from around the edge then push it in flat with an appropriately shaped pen. When I was using the straight stem I would have to remove the screen and burn off the resin, wiggle to dislodge the charcoal, but for some reason using the curved stem the screen remains more or less clear. Isn't that odd?

Gong and D020 bubbler if waters your thing.

Sure there's more appealing bubblers on DHgate, but the d020 seems like it was made for the solo. Experiment with your grind and heat settings, there is pretty much no wrong way considering the solo can vape whole nugs with relative ease.

I prefer a med fluffy grind and no tamp, run it on 7 for water and 3-5 dry/through j-hook (I suggest one of these too!). Arizer Air stems with the plastic tips serve as decent 14mm gongs on the cheaper side, Randy at PuffItUp has gongs pretty cheap too. Soon Chinese gongs will be available dirt cheap as well so that's an option down the road. I'm excited for you, the solos the vape that got me to actually fuck combustion where the FM and mflb failed. It changed my life.

WeedyGirl1979

(snip). I'm excited for you, the solos the vape that got me to actually fuck combustion where the FM and mflb failed. It changed my life.
I wonder how many of us tell the same story? For me it was the Pax and the Puffit. The day I stopped smoking was the first day I used my Solo- 12 minutes later I said "wow" and a new world opened up.
I have a new brother-in-law that my sister says likes to partake. The only question is when am I getting his Solo, not if.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wonder how many of us tell the same story? For me it was the Pax and the Puffit. The day I stopped smoking was the first day I used my Solo- 12 minutes later I said "wow" and a new world opened up.
I have a new brother-in-law that my sister says likes to partake. The only question is when am I getting his Solo, not if.
I'm confused.

I have a nice rotation of vaporising that works well for my medical condition.

The SOLO is perfectly balanced.
I just had a VORTEX stem @ 4 and finished on 5 for the last 3 rips

Girl Scout Cookies is good however time for some SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH!

All you people having all these different Portables?
The SOLO is my favorite portable?
I'm stupid?

vapor.man

Yesterday I finally bought the short air stem with the plastic cap.
With this stem my solo feels like a new vape. Due to the short length and the small air outlet it gets quite hot compared to the other stems. So you have to wait to cool down between the hits.
These will be my only stems for outdoor use from now on because the solo looks much more inconspicuous with them compared to the all glass stems.
Also a nice and cheap water tool adapter.

Buzzbomb Almighty

Gong and D020 bubbler if waters your thing.

Sure there's more appealing bubblers on DHgate, but the d020 seems like it was made for the solo. Experiment with your grind and heat settings, there is pretty much no wrong way considering the solo can vape whole nugs with relative ease.

I prefer a med fluffy grind and no tamp, run it on 7 for water and 3-5 dry/through j-hook (I suggest one of these too!). Arizer Air stems with the plastic tips serve as decent 14mm gongs on the cheaper side, Randy at PuffItUp has gongs pretty cheap too. Soon Chinese gongs will be available dirt cheap as well so that's an option down the road. I'm excited for you, the solos the vape that got me to actually fuck combustion where the FM and mflb failed. It changed my life.

When the Sunshine gongs come out could you let me know please, and in the meantime where are you getting the Air stems with the plastic tips from? I'm at the stage now where I try to get home for lunch when the mail is due so I can intercept my bubbler instead of going to the post office to pick it up the next day. :-)

OF

These will be my only stems for outdoor use from now on because the solo looks much more inconspicuous with them compared to the all glass stems.
Also a nice and cheap water tool adapter.

Yep, them's the ones. One of our fellow Members increased stealth even more with a piece of black heat shrink over the exposed glass part.

When the Sunshine gongs come out could you let me know please, and in the meantime where are you getting the Air stems with the plastic tips from? I'm at the stage now where I try to get home for lunch when the mail is due so I can intercept my bubbler instead of going to the post office to pick it up the next day. :-)

Randy at PIU for me. $10 each shipped for the last 2 I bought from him:
http://www.puffitup.com/Air-Glass-Aroma-Tube-p/arz.air-106_tube.htm

OK, I lied. $9.99 not $10. Keep the extra penny as a tip.......

BTW you might consider some caps, they fit all stems and are really handy to preload them and have them ready for instant duty:
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Solo-Trave-Caps-p/arz.sol-107_caps.htm

OF

I got mine at a local headshop for $12.99 but I was gong-less and willing to cough up a few extra bucks. Randy from PIU OF mentioned is your man, and I will definitely let you know on the SSS gongs. The v2's are in the country and should be here by Friday.

One of our fellow Members increased stealth even more with a piece of black heat shrink over the exposed glass part.

That's a neat idea, I need to add some heatshrink tubing to my vape tool box.

Solo survived its first major journey, working out of town a couple hundred miles away. Good news, it even works in hotel rooms!

Buzzbomb Almighty

Randy at PIU for me. $10 each shipped for the last 2 I bought from him:
http://www.puffitup.com/Air-Glass-Aroma-Tube-p/arz.air-106_tube.htm
OK, I lied. $9.99 not $10. Keep the extra penny as a tip...
It works good until checkout, only $14.49 Cdn or something like that, then when the choose shipping menu comes up it's still another $8.95 approx for USPS. I guess I'll have to wait for the new ones. I looked in a new head shop here yesterday and the lady had no idea at all what I was talking about.

OF

It works good until checkout, only $14.49 Cdn or something like that, then when the choose shipping menu comes up it's still another $8.95 approx for USPS. I guess I'll have to wait for the new ones. I looked in a new head shop here yesterday and the lady had no idea at all what I was talking about.

Try PV, they sell 'em too and are on your side of the border...... Arizer is too, right?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got mine at a local headshop for $12.99 but I was gong-less and willing to cough up a few extra bucks. Randy from PIU OF mentioned is your man, and I will definitely let you know on the SSS gongs. The v2's are in the country and should be here by Friday.

That's a neat idea, I need to add some heatshrink tubing to my vape tool box.

Solo survived its first major journey, working out of town a couple hundred miles away. Good news, it even works in hotel rooms!
I will have some unbreakable GonG's made this year!

Now the dhgate GonG's (sunshine store) are OK however I like the air flow of planetvapes PHVES the best!

What I'm thinking (sometimes I do) is drill small air vents in the SSS GonG's for air flow?

My SOLO is 5 years old so it might not apply with the SSS GonG's for the new SOLO?

Let us know what you think @nondarb ?

Last edited:
I will have some unbreakable GonG's made this year!

Now the dhgate GonG's (sunshine store) are OK however I like the air flow of planetvapes PHVES the best!

What I'm thinking (sometimes I do) is drill small air vents in the SSS GonG's for air flow?

My SOLO is 5 years old so it might not apply with the SSS GonG's for the new SOLO?

Let us know what you think @nondarb ?

Airflow on one of mine is great however its due in part to an irregular cut on the end of the bowl. Its uneven introducing a fair bit more airflow a la PV. The other functions pretty much like my air stem more or less, just likes to fall out more often.

I would say I'd make the suggestion to SSS to cut the notches and potentially make them vortex style (single hole, may increase efficiency and decrease cost??) but if I keep giving them ideas a finished product may be a ways off. Baby steps I suppose. If I keep throwing them ideas @Buzzbomb Almighty may never get his!

If you plan on attempting to drill through glass, go extremely slow and use tile/glass bits. They are kind of expensive given the fact that they are diamond coated, but a wood or metal bit will simply break the glass. If you could put just the drill bit (be mindful of the drill) and gong underwater to drill, the odds of it breaking are far slimmer. I've seen glaziers cut thin panes of glass underwater with regular scissors!!! The water distributes pressure far more evenly or some shit like that, I'm sure one of these learn'ed fellas can tell you/us all about it.

Buzzbomb Almighty

I would say I'd make the suggestion to SSS to cut the notches and potentially make them vortex style (single hole, may increase efficiency and decrease cost??) but if I keep giving them ideas a finished product may be a ways off. Baby steps I suppose. If I keep throwing them ideas @Buzzbomb Almighty may never get his!
They must have enough to go on by now.. I went to another head shop on my way back to work and they didn't have one, but if they did it would be close to $40 with tax. What about a few wraps of teflon tape to keep things tight? I haven't tried it yet but my curved stem just started swinging free so I'm going to. Also, the silicone o-rings that came with my lifetime supply of screens might have a purpose even without taking my solo apart - what it I wrapped the stem with t-tape until it fit just right then slid the o-ring over the stem so it butts up against the body and seals it up?

Try PV, they sell 'em too and are on your side of the border...... Arizer is too, right?
OF
Yes I bought my Solo from the distributor in Ontario when they were on for $120 US, I looked at PV, but with shipping it's still going to be almost as much as the water tool was (free shipping over $130). I can see myself smoking out of this bong when it comes, it's still going to be better than joints, and it isn't like forever. After smoking pot for 45 years I still have a bit of trouble relating to the kids in the head shop, I don't think it's affected me like that in a long, long time! :myday: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@ataxian no freaking way, that video, if true, is like you must be fucking joking!

Filing for a patent for something they claim it doesn't do, WTF!

They have clinical proof of the cancer fighting properties and have sat on it for decades.

Scum bag, MoFo governments, doesn't matter whether you live under pol pot or the USA feds they all are mass murdering, scum bags!

They must have enough to go on by now.. I went to another head shop on my way back to work and they didn't have one, but if they did it would be close to $40 with tax. What about a few wraps of teflon tape to keep things tight? I haven't tried it yet but my curved stem just started swinging free so I'm going to. Also, the silicone o-rings that came with my lifetime supply of screens might have a purpose even without taking my solo apart - what it I wrapped the stem with t-tape until it fit just right then slid the o-ring over the stem so it butts up against the body and seals it up?

Teflon tape works wonders and is heat resistant up to 500+ degrees F. Some vaporizers use teflon cores, its a nice inert material. Something else thats come up on my radar is kapton tape. I haven't used it yet but it seems to have all the right properties.

Something to consider while you are gongless is to build up a tapered layer of t-tape to fit your piece. A little piece of silicone was what I used when my first gong broke, worked like a charm but the solo felt like a lollipop on my bubbler!

Buzzbomb Almighty

Something to consider while you are gongless is to build up a tapered layer of t-tape to fit your piece. A little piece of silicone was what I used when my first gong broke, worked like a charm but the solo felt like a lollipop on my bubbler!

I wonder where you go to find a rubber stopper with a hole in it? I built a bong out of a Retsina bottle once using a 2 holed stopper, a Coleman funnel with a screen and some copper tubing.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Airflow on one of mine is great however its due in part to an irregular cut on the end of the bowl. Its uneven introducing a fair bit more airflow a la PV. The other functions pretty much like my air stem more or less, just likes to fall out more often.

If you plan on attempting to drill through glass, go extremely slow and use tile/glass bits. They are kind of expensive given the fact that they are diamond coated, but a wood or metal bit will simply break the glass. If you could put just the drill bit (be mindful of the drill) and gong underwater to drill, the odds of it breaking are far slimmer. I've seen glaziers cut thin panes of glass underwater with regular scissors!!! The water distributes pressure far more evenly or some shit like that, I'm sure one of these learn'ed fellas can tell you/us all about it.

I know what bit or blade I need for the material being processed.
Thank you for looking out!

These day's I just go to my local glass shop and tell them what I want.

I guess my wording is off?

Working?
What is that?

We had a bumper sticker made:
("Work is for people who don't surf")
GSC level 5 max flight!

Last edited:
Working?
What is that?

This dreadful thing..

Has anyone called you the Tax-Man?!? I'm admittedly baked but I had a good giggle when it came to me. :rofl:

After a long drive home I found a package awaiting me. New world record, six days. The gong v2 is near perfect, its a snug fit and thicker than v1 and stock stems. They added the bumps to keep it from rolling, and extended the length to where its the same length as an Air stem. I'm unsure whether I prefer the longer length or shorty, the shorty is more aesthetically pleasing and provides a lower center of gravity but the longer stem provides a cooler surface to grab in use. Some input from you all would appreciated as I'd rather them produce one most folks would enjoy since they aren't likely to variations anytime soon if at all.

Here's a picture featuring v2 and my favored v1 along with a solo and air plastic tipped stem. I included the original solo stem to show Buzz my old gong work around, it functions great as an improvised 14mm and MP.
3607176a97.jpg

Buzzbomb Almighty

My bubbler came today (oh so lucky to catch the letter carrier!) and it's a nice piece of kit. I found that if I wrapped a little t-tape around the end of my straight stem I could use my solo, and got about 3 nice hits off it before I broke that stem. Not having a clue I put a little too much water in and tilted it back a little and water backed up the stem hisss snap. I found a short one on ebay and ordered it. It snapped right at the base of the bowl so I'll probably try to sand it flat and crazy glue it.

Last edited:

lingcod

Great choice!!!
First thing, put it on charge and when the LED says full(solid green) leave it on charge for as long as possible. A few hours is good overnight is great. This is first charge only. Then run a couple of times on the highest heat setting and you are ready for blast of.
Don't worry about accessories for a while.

heres a tip I learned. Use the curved stem when operating for this method . Look in the mirror when drawing. You will actually see the thin vapor trails going through the curved part of the glass. With this tip you can learn how to optimize your draw to get the best usage from your solo! In other words, when you see the best draw thru the mirror, then you know how to draw from your solo.

Top Bottom