Arizer Solo

bidrock

This dreadful thing..

Has anyone called you the Tax-Man?!? I'm admittedly baked but I had a good giggle when it came to me. :rofl:

After a long drive home I found a package awaiting me. New world record, six days. The gong v2 is near perfect, its a snug fit and thicker than v1 and stock stems. They added the bumps to keep it from rolling, and extended the length to where its the same length as an Air stem. I'm unsure whether I prefer the longer length or shorty, the shorty is more aesthetically pleasing and provides a lower center of gravity but the longer stem provides a cooler surface to grab in use. Some input from you all would appreciated as I'd rather them produce one most folks would enjoy since they aren't likely to variations anytime soon if at all.

Here's a picture featuring v2 and my favored v1 along with a solo and air plastic tipped stem. I included the original solo stem to show Buzz my old gong work around, it functions great as an improvised 14mm and MP.
3607176a97.jpg

nondarb,

I just ordered a D020 from SSS and looking to complete the kit off. After reading a bunch of pages and all the chatter about the gong attachments. What should I order for a gong or gongs? Love the Solo, 2 years running solid! Thanks to the whole community for everything you've provided.

HAPPY TO YEAR TO ALL!!! Sky's the limit and Mary Jane is the pilot!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm trying out my new Black Leaf J Hook with my Solo. Bought 2 from PV just in case one breaks. They came in perfect condition. I am using my Ed's WonG along with some Green Crack strain. As you can see I have the @Pipes stand as usual on my unit. Here's a pic.

My BLACKLEAF bubble was my first!
Just enjoying civil liberties!

The base is cracked however it doesn't leak!
KeMKHEb.jpg

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Vortex stem is awesome. You can go higher in the temp department and get all those pain reliving properties of your medicine. I highly recommend it. I just have a couple of the long straight stems. I want to buy a bent Vortex stem, not sure if they have come out with it yet? PlanetVape said they were going to have one made.

I'm curious about the Vortex GonG? Is that worth getting?

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The Vortex stem is awesome. You can go higher in the temp department and get all those pain reliving properties of your medicine. I highly recommend it. I just have a couple of the long straight stems. I want to buy a bent Vortex stem, not sure if they have come out with it yet. PlanetVape said they were going to have one made.

I'm curious about the Vortex GonG? Is that worth getting?
I love the PHVES feature on the VORTEX.

I might get a bent stem VORTEX when I order a PHVES GonG for my D020.

The GonG's from CHINA are missing the PHVES function?

planet vapes products function the best!

Rise&Solo

When the Sunshine gongs come out could you let me know please, and in the meantime where are you getting the Air stems with the plastic tips from? I'm at the stage now where I try to get home for lunch when the mail is due so I can intercept my bubbler instead of going to the post office to pick it up the next day. :-)

FWIW, I got 2 of these and they came s few days ago. On the one hand they look great and look very sturdy. OTOH, they are just a hair too large, so they do not fit either of my Solos. It is just by the tiniest amunt. I wonder if I can find someone locally who could grind them down. Can glass be sanded? I ask because it really would only take the tiniest bit of effective sanding to make them fit. If I end up writing them off as a failed experiment it is really no big deal - $11, but it is the opportunity cost not to have them working that makes me sad.

FWIW, I got 2 of these and they came s few days ago. On the one hand they look great and look very sturdy. OTOH, they are just a hair too large, so they do not fit either of my Solos. It is just by the tiniest amunt. I wonder if I can find someone locally who could grind them down. Can glass be sanded? I ask because it really would only take the tiniest bit of effective sanding to make them fit. If I end up writing them off as a failed experiment it is really no big deal - $11, but it is the opportunity cost not to have them working that makes me sad.

Too large?! They haven't gotten back to me about feedback. They started selling again before I even got my second batch to give feedback.

So who knows what they went on unfortunately. .

OF

Too large?! They haven't gotten back to me about feedback. They started selling again before I even got my second batch to give feedback.

So who knows what they went on unfortunately. .

Well if they're anything like the ones I just got from SSS:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-a...n/260993616.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

They're a disaster. Not even close to fitting, the mouths are not even (no chance on controlling the airflow by tilting with Solo). One of them is seriously out of round. Here, see what you think:
uilkYZz.jpg

Notice how they've made a nasty bead on the mouth with excessive fire polishing? The glass was already way too thick IMO (slowing thermals transfer and vapor......) to start with but making it still thicker and the lip makes it impossible to insert it. One is .599 inches worst case, the other .602. Stock Air stems run about .573 for the couple I just measured. Not even close. Nor very useful.

I knew it was a risk but was getting some other stuff from DHGate and decided to see for myself...... SAVE YOUR MONEY...... They can not possibly have tried this on a real Solo/Air before taking money for it. Not even close on my counterfeit Air, so that can't be the excuse. Then again, they don't claim it fits them? The ones I got are not like the photo, I got a slightly longer 'improved' version with four 'tits' for handles in clearing the WT.

OTOH, the aftermarket GonG I got from Randy is great. The walls are a bit thicker but it actually tapers a bit so the mouth easily slips past he seals, even when they're cold/hard. Seals perfectly of course. That one I recommend for consideration:
http://www.puffitup.com/Solo-Air-Gong-p/arz.air-105_water.htm

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

Can glass be sanded? I ask because it really would only take the tiniest bit of effective sanding to make them fit. If I end up writing them off as a failed experiment it is really no big deal - $11, but it is the opportunity cost not to have them working that makes me sad.

Too bad those aren't right! Do you have a Dremel tool or similar with the little drum sanders, or have a friend or neighbour with a disc or belt sander? If you don't want to return them it shouldn't be hard to smooth them out a bit with a really fine grit and some water. Wear glasses. I think I might try to make my own gong and maybe a stem, something along the lines of Ed's tnt since I have most of the technology, and in the meantime when my shorty stem comes from tryust2013 (ebay seller) I'll pass on how that works as an impromptu gong.

Well if they're anything like the ones I just got from SSS:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-a...n/260993616.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

They're a disaster. Not even close to fitting, the mouths are not even (no chance on controlling the airflow by tilting with Solo). One of them is seriously out of round. Here, see what you think:
uilkYZz.jpg

Notice how they've made a nasty bead on the mouth with excessive fire polishing? The glass was already way too thick IMO (slowing thermals transfer and vapor......) to start with but making it still thicker and the lip makes it impossible to insert it. One is .599 inches worst case, the other .602. Stock Air stems run about .573 for the couple I just measured. Not even close. Nor very useful.

I knew it was a risk but was getting some other stuff from DHGate and decided to see for myself...... SAVE YOUR MONEY...... They can not possibly have tried this on a real Solo/Air before taking money for it. Not even close on my counterfeit Air, so that can't be the excuse. Then again, they don't claim it fits them? The ones I got are not like the photo, I got a slightly longer 'improved' version with four 'tits' for handles in clearing the WT.

OTOH, the aftermarket GonG I got from Randy is great. The walls are a bit thicker but it actually tapers a bit so the mouth easily slips past he seals, even when they're cold/hard. Seals perfectly of course. That one I recommend for consideration:
http://www.puffitup.com/Solo-Air-Gong-p/arz.air-105_water.htm

OF

All three of mine are fully functional, but its a goldilocks assortment. It appears they jumped the gun and started selling/making them again and not waiting for feedback, a bit premature if you ask me.

It appears you got some from the same batch my supposed "test batch" was from. Mine fit but just barely and is bigger than all my originals, any larger and it would of been useless. Maybe they'll get it right eventually..

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
All three of mine are fully functional, but its a goldilocks assortment. It appears they jumped the gun and started selling/making them again and not waiting for feedback, a bit premature if you ask me.

It appears you got some from the same batch my supposed "test batch" was from. Mine fit but just barely and is bigger than all my originals, any larger and it would of been useless. Maybe they'll get it right eventually..
The price is attractive!
Mine fit fortunately!
However they forgot the PHVES function?

This week I'll have a local machine shop make me unbreakable
Water adapters for all my units that require one!

In the meantime I'll get some glass ones PHVES from planet vapes. The AIR tips broke before I used them so for the medical patient their worthless?

Besides it's all about CANNABIS!

Luckily my stems (phves) work unreal!

OF

Anything is possible I guess, but I highly doubt it. These don't even fit through the holes in the caps on my Solos or Airs. The body, like where the four hole partition is too big to work, it's over 5.90, nearly the thickness of a paper clip too fat even there. And they have four glass studs, unlike the photo on the link, do yours? These are a bit over 2 3/4 inches over all, how long are yours? The one from PIU is 2 1/4 inches long. TIA.

I ordered just after Christmas, long after you'd told them there were troubles, right? When I opened them up I had that 'good, new model' feeling......which was soon ended. They must have known there was a potential problem..........

For now I suggest either using the plastic topped Air stems ($10) for PonG adapter or order a GonG from PIU or PV, either of which will be sure you get one that works correctly.

OF

Anything is possible I guess, but I highly doubt it. These don't even fit through the holes in the caps on my Solos or Airs. The body, like where the four hole partition is too big to work, it's over 5.90, nearly the thickness of a paper clip too fat even there. And they have four glass studs, unlike the photo on the link, do yours? These are a bit over 2 3/4 inches over all, how long are yours? The one from PIU is 2 1/4 inches long. TIA.

I ordered just after Christmas, long after you'd told them there were troubles, right? When I opened them up I had that 'good, new model' feeling......which was soon ended. They must have known there was a potential problem..........

For now I suggest either using the plastic topped Air stems ($10) for PonG adapter or order a GonG from PIU or PV, either of which will be sure you get one that works correctly.

OF

I posted a picture earlier in the thread, I have one of each version the short plain and longer with "nipples", the version with nipples was supposed to be a test version, but they didn't reply to my feedback (mine too is large, but barely fits) and have been apparently shipping them for a while. Both of mine work, but it appears to be a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Shame they didn't work with more people and listen to feedback, I wonder why they pulled the product and sent out samples when they were just going to keep producing and selling whatever.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I posted a picture earlier in the thread, I have one of each version the short plain and longer with "nipples", the version with nipples was supposed to be a test version, but they didn't reply to my feedback (mine too is large, but barely fits) and have been apparently shipping them for a while. Both of mine work, but it appears to be a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Shame they didn't work with more people and listen to feedback, I wonder why they pulled the product and sent out samples when they were just going to keep producing and selling whatever.
What lame logic?
A breakable part?

With all the composite materials?

Buzzbomb Almighty

I told them several times I wanted 2 before cancelling the order I accidentally made for 4 and they still pulled it, showing it sold out immediately. Something small like this for personal use is relatively unimportant but communication is key in online sales regardless. At work where I deal with dozens of assorted suppliers that wouldn't fly at all, and they know it isn't acceptable so it doesn't happen. The seller I ordered the short stem from sentme a personal note shortly after I ordered assuring me they'd handle the transaction promptly and then shipped it first thing next day. lf I like the stem I'll ask them if they can make a gong, and pursue making my own at the same time.

Last edited:
Looks awesome :-) What GonG should I buy for the D020? I've seen the 18mm PVHEGonG Vortex and the Shorty version. I've also checked out the puffitup Air Gong. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That sir is something none of us can answer for you. At that point its all preference, if you feel the solos airflow is too restrictive a PVHE may be the best route. If you're content with current airflow a standard gong or air stem will likely suit you fine.

bidrock

That sir is something none of us can answer for you. At that point its all preference, if you feel the solos airflow is too restrictive a PVHE may be the best route. If you're content with current airflow a standard gong or air stem will likely suit you fine.

Thanks, wasn't sure if there was a difference on build quality, etc. I have a PVHES straight stem and enjoy it. Not sure if the shorty is better for using the D020 or the higher PVHES GonG. Airflow wise I don't mind either, stock or PVHES. Just looking for some direction on getting a shorty or not.

Thanks for the info.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the PVHE shorty stems, they use less cannabis in the oven and come in the turbo which is an open bore hole with a screen then the regular shorty that have the four holes. They have the channeled air flow along the sides. Makes taking a draw easier with more air flow.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Looks awesome :-) What GonG should I buy for the D020? I've seen the 18mm PVHEGonG Vortex and the Shorty version. I've also checked out the puffitup Air Gong. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
We all like different ways?

I've tried many configuration and have formed my own philosophy!

To answer your question I think the 18mm PHVES is the best for the D020 a stock GonG is useless in my unqualified opinion.

I have a old SOLO so maybe my logic is wrong?

The VOrtex STEM is pretty clever however in a GonG configuration might work well? I don't know? Haven't tried!

It's not the device anyway!

CANNABIS is the true grail!
Some like a SHORTY however they don't provide the dose necessary for my needs!
You might like them?
Get both and see what suits your needs?
Besides health their is geographical challenges!
Were I live CANNABIS is abundant and cheap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom