Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
After speaking with SSS they seem very open to adding these in the future but they admitted to me that they only had one original stem to do the base work off of and aren't sure if the stems will work in all solos so they didn't name it solo gong.

@ataxian Did all of yours fit? It appears you, myself and buzz are the only people to of ordered yet so they have received no feedback as to their effectiveness this batch is a "sample batch". SSS was asking me about manufacturing tolerances and I'm unsure of what to tell them, other than the fact that even the OEM stems vary slightly. Sorry to keep bugging you about it bud, but we've become guinea pigs of sorts.
@nondarb I am so medicated!
Sorry but that's how we roll!
Strawberry Cough + Sour Lemon Drops OG = insane session

I loaded a sunshine GonG on a D020 and it ruined me and I have a high tolerance.

If you don't own a SOLO I feel sorry for you!

With a PHVES from PV I set the SOLO @ 4
The sunshine GonG Level 6

My Stems, J-Hooks and gongs came today. I received some stems from "Zhifa tech" www.dhgate.com/product/product/wholesale-zhifa-newest-most-popular-arizer/257761046.html/257761046.html

The fit just like OEM air stems, however the plastic tipped variety is not screwed on like true OEM but simply glued on with what appears to be super glue making them impossible to clean, I can recommended the standard stems however.

The sunshine store GONG's fit like air stems (loosely in the solo) but function well. I fear SSS may of accidentally bought an air gong instead of a solo gong to emulate. Im still in talk with them about improving them with the nipples and a potential resize, they are very receptive and helpful at this point. The J-hooks that arrived look OK but the rounded part added to the end of the MP is welded on a little crooked on two of them.

All in all a win I'd say.

Buzzbomb Almighty

Re; the gongs is that a case for teflon tape to keep things from wobbling? Sunshine got back to me and I'll probably be able to cancel and re-order so that's nice, especially if they are loose and there's going to be a 14-18 gong coming from the same place soon that fits "like saddle on sow".

Now I can't get any, as soon as I cancelled the order they were sold out and I got a message saying they were too loose, some were being sent out for testing and they were going to develop a better one. They could send me one for testing and it wouldn't hurt my feelings but I think if my only option is going to be spending almost as much on a gong as the bubbler cost I'll either just smoke out of it or get rid of it.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Now I can't get any, as soon as I cancelled the order they were sold out and I got a message saying they were too loose, some were being sent out for testing and they were going to develop a better one.

Or you could simply order one for $19 shipped from our sponsor, PIU. Of course you'd have to accept very fast delivery and first rate Customer Service in the process. If it didn't fit to your satisfaction, I'm sure Randy would work with you until it does......he always has?

http://www.puffitup.com/Solo-Air-Gong-p/arz.air-105_water.htm

FWIW I have one and it fits/works just fine.

Your call, but I bet if you ordered one tonight you'd have an even money chance of having it in time for New Years? My average delivery from him is two days.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's too bad PIU just sells the 14mm GonG. Maybe eventually Randy might sell the 2 sizes. The GonG is a new item just the last few months.

The Solo a portable that everyone needs to have in their lineup. A sturdy well made unit that will last the owner for years.

The FC-278 arrived, I accidentally hurt myself pairing it with the d020. Solo filled them up pretty well but this set up scares me as it pretty much teeters on falling.
9201402217.jpg

Still waiting on 18mm jhook and whip. @ataxian just got this piece too. He's got more gong doohickeys, I'm sure he's cobbled something crazy together.

OF

It's too bad PIU just sells the 14mm GonG. Maybe eventually Randy might sell the 2 sizes. The GonG is a new item just the last few months.

Hey, as long as we're 'dreaming out loud' how about he sells the 14mm version with a short profile 14/18mm adapter? That way you can use it on both and have the adapter handy should you face another 14mm connector with your 18mm WT?

The ones I have add about 3/8 inch to the length, generally not a problem.

OF

Nugg

Hey, as long as we're 'dreaming out loud' how about he sells the 14mm version with a short profile 14/18mm adapter? That way you can use it on both and have the adapter handy should you face another 14mm connector with your 18mm WT?

The ones I have add about 3/8 inch to the length, generally not a problem.

OF

This is the reason I ordered my pv gong in 14mm.

The low profile 18/14 reducer ads almost no height to the set up.

My favorite is the long 18/reducer thought. It gives a cool large area to grab when clearing the water tool. I also have a cotton filter in the reducer to help keep the water tool a bit cleaner. When it's nice and oily I vape it on a high temp in the EQ :whoa: :smug:

SilentRunner

sunshinestore said:
pls check the attached photo, the left one is what i bought from arizer solo, and the right one is the sample i made, i think the most important is the out diameter which can fit vaporzier perfectly, if diameter is big, then it can not be inserted, if the diameter is small, then it is loose. i checked my sample with orginal Arizer, it is nearly the same diameter, but not exacly the same, this concerns me, so my question is : will it be ok if my diameter is a small different from the original one? because it is not possible for me to do the 100% same diameter.

This is what I got from sunshinestore. It seems they have problems getting a consistent stem size

http://imgur.com/a/Mv30S

Harmoniousliving

The Solo a portable that everyone needs to have in their lineup. A sturdy well made unit that will last the owner for years.
Speak the truth !!!my Evo and solo areally not going anywhere

On another note I dropped my solo stem a few days ago. ToOK a good portion of the stem off but I put some tubing on so it's good for now. That being said I need a new stem. I want one with the least draw restriction. Any suggestions?

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
The Solo never disappoints! Even my combusting friends seem to like it -- they usually say something along the lines of how it works much better than whatever vaporizer they tried in the past. Its ease of use is probably the Solo's biggest asset.

@Harmoniousliving, for less draw restriction try the PVHE stems from PlanetVape. They have notches in the side to let more air through.

OF

The Solo never disappoints! Even my combusting friends seem to like it -- they usually say something along the lines of how it works much better than whatever vaporizer they tried in the past. Its ease of use is probably the Solo's biggest asset.

Wow! Several great points in two sentences. Yes, Solo is very dependable. It always performs given half a chance. Unless say the battery goes flat, or Ataxian drops your stem and breaks it, but you can hardly blame the device for that. Because it so reliably and easily delivers the goods, blazers find it more friendly. Too many other vapes are too 'fiddly' to suit them, competing with low tech papers and bongs can be a barrier for sure.

Unfortunately the Chinese proverb, "you never get a second chance for a first impression" is so very true. The uninitiated can cling to 'oh, those......I tried a vape once....' and rightly so from their view. Getting a simple, reliable, effective machine into their hands before the negative image is formed is a good plan for the forces of goodness and right.

Awesome post, and that's a word I seldom use. Great note to end the year on, thanks very much.

OF

This is what I got from sunshinestore. It seems they have problems getting a consistent stem size

http://imgur.com/a/Mv30S

I'm waiting on v2, was shipped out 2 days ago. Their current stems are like air stems, fit loose but still functional. They are also supposed to of added the nipples on the side so it won't roll off a table. He'll get it right, he told me he has gotten a lot of requests and wants to make sure they are good.

Last edited:

OF

I know, I'm working with them to get them right. To be clear their existing gongs are functional but fit the air much better. I'm awaiting v2, shipped 2 days ago.

I'm finding that strange I guess. I have a few of each and generally find Solo to be an easier fit with marginal stems than Air? Especially with out of round ones......

I don't have the stems in question, so am basing this on what stems I have (stock, PVHES from PV and the Gong from PIU). I just tried the 'quite tight' Air stem (won't go in cold with my Air) I've been using lately in two Solos, no problems at all. Likewise my new PIU Gong is a struggle in a hot Air (won't make it cold) but an easy fit in the Solos, in fact I bet I could shake it out of one of them. IMO Air is less tolerant, based on what I have handy.

In the end it probably comes down to the exact unit you have?

OF

I'm finding that strange I guess. I have a few of each and generally find Solo to be an easier fit with marginal stems than Air? Especially with out of round ones......

I don't have the stems in question, so am basing this on what stems I have (stock, PVHES from PV and the Gong from PIU). I just tried the 'quite tight' Air stem (won't go in cold with my Air) I've been using lately in two Solos, no problems at all. Likewise my new PIU Gong is a struggle in a hot Air (won't make it cold) but an easy fit in the Solos, in fact I bet I could shake it out of one of them. IMO Air is less tolerant, based on what I have handy.

In the end it probably comes down to the exact unit you have?

OF

I have 2 OEM air stems and 2 OEM solo stems and received two gongs (also have broken PV gong </3), the gongs fit like my airs.. Maybe even a little looser. The v1 gongs easily slide out of the unit, even falling out when at temp. Doesn't hinder function or introduce too much airflow but it is certainly annoying. Batch 1 was only two gongs, I'm hoping I didn't receive two particularly small units to base my judgment on! The gongs I received are a full 1/32nd of an inch smaller than my preferred fit OEM solo stem.

I had no intentions of them pulling their existing stock (or becoming a test dummy) when I mentioned "They fit a little loose", Mike just wants them go be good, he said he's had numerous requests for solo gongs over the past year or so. Do you have calipers? I think if we could give him some more measurements he would have a better idea on the tolerances allowed.

OF

I have 2 OEM air stems and 2 OEM solo stems and received two gongs (also have broken PV gong </3), the gongs fit like my airs.. Maybe even a little looser.

Do you have calipers? I think if we could give him some more measurements he would have a better idea on the tolerances allowed.

That may indeed be the way those stem fit your Air(s), but I thought the question was 'are Solos easier to fit a given stem in than Airs?'. That is 'these fit Air fine but not Solo'. I tried stems in both Air and Solo and found Solo more tolerant.

Yes, I have both calipers and micrometers. We've measured stems a lot over the years, there's a large variation by some standards, less lately than before it seems. Both in terms of average diameter and roundness. FWIW Ed's stems seem larger on average and much more round.....based on the two I have (statistics of small groups and all).

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

Of the stems that came with my Solo the straight one became loose enough to come out if I don't pay attention and the curved one is still snug enough to be just right (so I use it all the time). Sunshine wants to tweak their gongs so they fit with the same consistency as the manufacturer's stuff and that's commendable. Maybe it's a matter of producing them then gauging or testing and saying one range fits Solo and another fits the Air. I should test teflon tape on the loose stem and see what that's like.

OF

Of the stems that came with my Solo the straight one became loose enough to come out if I don't pay attention and the curved one is still snug enough to be just right (so I use it all the time).

Maybe it's a matter of producing them then gauging or testing and saying one range fits Solo and another fits the Air. I should test teflon tape on the loose stem and see what that's like.

Remember, loose stems in Solo is not a fault, according to the maker, it's part of the design. Do they replace Solos with loose stems under warranty?

I agree somewhat about how a product should be developed. They should indeed test the product to see if it works before offering it for sale.......... Normally we have outrage at 'being used as unpaid Beta testers'. It sounds like they copied a lone stem, didn't even own the Solo or Air?

And while we're on the subject of 'fits XX but not YY' let's also remember apparently Arizer doesn't see this distinction. The first Airs came with two plastic topped stems and a straight Solo stem (for an 'all glass' alternative). These were real Solo stems, they didn't even fit the Air packaging. The shorter all glass stem came a few months later. At that point at least the maker seems to consider them interchangeable, as I think most of us who have both vapes do?

OF

I agree somewhat about how a product should be developed. They should indeed test the product to see if it works before offering it for sale.......... Normally we have outrage at 'being used as unpaid Beta testers'. It sounds like they copied a lone stem, didn't even own the Solo or Air?

You're making assumptions. They own a solo and admitted their v1 gongs fit looser in it than their purchased gong. Another point is they never listed the product as a solo/air gong, it merely looked like one and I asked some questions. Ataxian found it the same way.. Once they encountered the slightest issue they pulled the units altogether and set out to improve them immediately (I received a tracking # for v2 same day). If anything I jumped the gun mentioning them here?

At that point at least the maker seems to consider them interchangeable, as I think most of us who have both vapes do?

OEM Plastic tipped air stems are smaller than OEM Glass solo stems (my OEM ones as well as my zhifa knockoffs), as I stated above I own both OEM stem varieties. I never stated they don't interchange but merely said they fit looser and that the gongs I received fit like smaller air stems that are able to fall out. When I say loose describing them I don't mean a little play, I mean falling out loose. Looser than all my other stems.

I'm not sure of your motives giving these guys such a hard time, personally i'm tickled that they are actively listening and trying to provide a quality product. Soon folks will be able to get their d020 ect with a GONG instead of that useless flower bowl or cheap nail without having to pay another $20-25.

OF

OEM Plastic tipped air stems are smaller than OEM Glass solo stems (my OEM ones as well as my zhifa knockoffs), as I stated above I own both OEM stem varieties. I never stated they don't interchange but merely said they fit looser and that the gongs I received fit like smaller air stems that are able to fall out. When I say loose describing them I don't mean a little play, I mean falling out loose. Looser than all my other stems.

I'm not sure of your motives giving these guys such a hard time, personally i'm tickled that they are actively listening and trying to provide a quality product. Soon folks will be able to get their d020 ect with a GONG instead of that useless flower bowl or cheap nail without having to pay another $20-25.

I guess I misunderstood. When you said "Maybe it's a matter of producing them then gauging or testing and saying one range fits Solo and another fits the Air" I thought you meant they should sell two versions, rather than the interchangeable ones others do. I hope you can see how I got that idea? Glad we agree, in general stems are expected to work with both Air and Solo.

Please don't read any motives here, just calling them like I see 'em. I've got no skin in this game. I just think they should have assured it was "a quality product" before taking folk's money.

Hopefully they will offer a modified version of the D20, but that's driven by the profit motive of the new market? (as it should be)

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

It was actually me who suggested gauging them into 2 size categories. As long as the upper limit isn't exceeded they still fit in, and as long as the lower limit isn't breached they shouldn't be any looser than the stems that normally come with the vaporizer. If the glass blowing process can only be so close to perfect this seems a sensible way to sell the accessories with the best fit.

Top Bottom