• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

530rasta

I Solo'd all day yesterday...love my little buddy...still have the m107 too, works as good as the day i bought it, but it's retired and in reserve status now, got the younger newer peice

Biznatch

Time to update the thread with my solo experience. I've been using my M1A as my main vape, multiple times daily for the past 3+ years. This vape has been used by ton of people, and has seen some shit. It even fell into a tub of water, and after opening/cleaning up the PCBs, has been working for months. Surprisingly, the battery still lasts a full day (~5-6 full sessions at 5 heat). This was with no babying either. I used it until the battery was dead, and would leave it charging overnight. I see a lot of talk about babying your battery and babysitting the charging and it sounds like a lot of effort for very little (proven) gain.

So I've recently purchased a new solo, and retired the M1A as my backup. Cleaned it with some ISO, along with the new shorty turbo stem and used it right away. No funny smell/taste, just delicious. Being able to use it while charging is very useful as well for those times I forget to charge a dead solo. It's also nice to have a new cap so the stems don't fit so loose, but that a minor annoyance.

Also, for anyone complaining about having to suck too hard, just get a PVHES turbo stem. Seriously, don't even bother with the stock stems. I always felt like I was suffocating trying to suck steady with them, and that doesn't happen at all with the turbo. I typically prefer the shorty turbo for solo sessions with the solo.

Ed's stems are also nice, but they take FOREVER to heat up. This is expected since it's metal and has much more mass. So I only use the wood stems when bringing the solo to group events. Not worth risking some idiot breaking a 30$ PVHES, especially when they are never in stock and almost impossible to buy right now.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The older version Solo I had a hard time without using the PVHES mouthpieces from Planetvape. With the newer model (2014) I don't feel that I have to use them. The draw restriction for me with the older Solo I felt like I was suffocating too.

I do use the PVHES mouthpieces with my newer and older model Solos because the glass is stronger than the stock stems. Sometimes when the PVHES falls it doesn't break. Every time I've dropped a stock stem it breaks.

This past month I bought 4 shorty bent stem PVHES mouthpieces. 2 turbos and 2 regular. They aren't in stock very often, plus glass is expensive to ship. I use an Eds stem when I'm on the go. I have 2 18mm PVHES GonGs that I use with my bubbler.

The Solo has come down in price where it's affordable for more folks wanting to fuckcombustion. Whether you are a medical user or recreational, the Solo is a great first vaporizer. It can be used as a desktop and a portable unit. When using the Solo you will enjoy the true taste of your herb.

Chainfire

The older version Solo I had a hard time without using the PVHES mouthpieces from Planetvape. With the newer model (2014) I don't feel that I have to use them. The draw restriction for me with the older Solo I felt like I was suffocating too.

I do use the PVHES mouthpieces with my newer and older model Solos because the glass is stronger than the stock stems. Sometimes when the PVHES falls it doesn't break. Every time I've dropped a stock stem it breaks.

This past month I bought 4 shorty bent stem PVHES mouthpieces. 2 turbos and 2 regular. They aren't in stock very often, plus glass is expensive to ship. I use an Eds stem when I'm on the go. I have 2 18mm PVHES GonGs that I use with my bubbler.

The Solo has come down in price where it's affordable for more folks wanting to fuckcombustion. Whether you are a medical user or recreational, the Solo is a great first vaporizer. It can be used as a desktop and a portable unit. When using the Solo you will enjoy the true taste of your herb.

Hey CK! Out of all the stems / mouthpieces you have, which do you prefer the most? Right now I just have the newer 2014 model, but it does still seem very constrictive (I used to have a super non-restrictive matrix bubbler before I started to fuckcombustion). I'd imagine I'm going to want to get a nicer stem than stock, as well as maybe an Ed's wood stem for on the go?? Something nice and stealthy and won't break as easy.

Also, have you ever tried the knock off watertube that we discussed about a page back?
This one! I was kinda deciding if that would be a better option than the DHD020 or not. I know you usually use a DHD020 though! =P Ohh the choices the choices!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Chainfire,

CarolKing

@Chainfire I have the pinnacle pro Water Tool as well as the DO20 bubbler. The tube style WT your head would be facing down. If you use the Do20 bubbler your face is up and a more comfortable position. It's cheap enough to buy one of each. You would need the 14mm GonG for the tube or the pinnacle Pro WT knock off. The D020 bubbler takes the 18mm GonG or WonG. It might even be personal preference. I like the D020 bubbler better.

I prefer a glass PVHES shorty or turbo mouthpiece with my Solo It's easy to break glass, it can get expensive. That's why the knock offs are so great. If it breaks your not out $100+. The Pinnacle Pro WT is expensive and it breaks really easy when it falls. It doesn't fit well on the Pinnacle Pro vaporizer with the PonG and I broke 2 way back when. The bubbler is almost the same price as the Planetvape GonG.

The Solo pairs well with a water tool.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Also, for anyone complaining about having to suck too hard, just get a PVHES turbo stem. Seriously, don't even bother with the stock stems. I always felt like I was suffocating trying to suck steady with them, and that doesn't happen at all with the turbo. I typically prefer the shorty turbo for solo sessions with the solo.

The draw restriction for me with the older Solo I felt like I was suffocating too.

I'm sure CarolKing has seen me say this before, but if the draw feels restricted then you're pulling too hard. I see this sort of complaint all the time, right up to where people actually get headaches from fighting the draw. Why would you fight it? If you pull too hard you are reducing the performance. You certainly won't get more vapour, or get it any faster. This is true for all vapourizers, not just the Solo.

maxx

Guys, this Solo is amazing ! From just a tiny bit of weed I am able to get a lot of biig hits, it's almost impossible lol :D I've tried MFLB, Flowermate 5S, hands down Solo beats them all ! That is going to be my vape for the future.

About the draw, I use stock stems, no problem, I just take slow biiig hits like 50 seconds sometimes why not and I don't have any problem with resistance :D

OF

Why would you fight it? If you pull too hard you are reducing the performance. You certainly won't get more vapour, or get it any faster. This is true for all vapourizers, not just the Solo.

Once again, a timely and useful observation. If the unit isn't doing what you want, redouble your efforts?

I guess it's better for some to do that and then bitterly complain that it won't do what they want without considering it wasn't designed to do it......

I will take some issue with "true for all vaporizers", however. Conduction based units (like Solo) are probably completely in this group (as are e-cig based 'oil vape pens') since the amount of heat to make vapor is fixed meaning vapor can only happen so fast.

However, at least some true convection vapes, like Cera LL for instance, are definitely exceptions. In those cases hitting it harder draws more heat into the load which in turn does increase the total volume of vapor produced per minute.

Also probably in that group are Vapor Genie and Herbal Aire (at least within limits). Lotus as well? But not 'similar' (but different principle) vapes like MFLB and Flashvape (being conduction).

The difference is in one case the heat (not temperature) is fixed, in the other hitting harder brings more energy (heat) into play without raising the temperature. In the second case, more vapor results.

OTOH, it seems that some are satisfied with (some might even say 'crave') larger volume even if it means more dillute vapor. Maybe getting dizzy from sucking so hard is part of it for them even. If it's good for them, I'm OK with it on principle, but agree with Pak we should be clear what's going on.

Higher/easier flow will not increase vapor production in Solo. All it can do is make the draw easier and the vapor more dilute (in exchange for more volume).

"Once you water your scotch, all you can have is scotch and water".

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
However, at least some true convection vapes, like Cera LL for instance, are definitely exceptions. In those cases hitting it harder draws more heat into the load which in turn does increase the total volume of vapor produced per minute.

Not to derail the thread, but you are talking about increasing the airflow while I was talking about fighting the restriction.

OF

Not to derail the thread, but you are talking about increasing the airflow while I was talking about fighting the restriction.

I guess I see them as basically one and the same from a user end? That is they fight the restriction because they want more air flow. If they were happy with the flow, no fighting.....

Going to high performance stems looking for more vapor is not going to work well.

I don't think it's fair to suggest that everyone who dislikes the restricted draw of the solo does not understand its intended design and function.

I understand that the draw is restricted on purpose to maintain sufficient heat to achieve vaporization.

I don't think either Pak or I said "everyone" doesn't understand, but I think we can all agree there are some who don't?

My concern is folks who've never tried it might be mislead into buying/trying stems and other 'solutions' to the wrong problem. Easier draw will happen, but not more vapor or 'bigger clouds'.

I actually think you're backing up what Pak, CK and I are saying......there is a design limit inherent in Solo that is in play here? You're not saying 'buy a PVHES, it'll fix what ails you', right?

I think it has more to do with vapor to air ratio than preserving the heat

Agreed. A 'quantity vrs quality thing'? You can get the same net effect you get with the PVHES by bleeding outside air into the vapor path I think. Many do this with MFLB (a more extreme case than Solo perhaps).

OF

Last edited:
OF,

kimura

I don't think it's fair to suggest that everyone who dislikes the restricted draw of the solo does not understand its intended design and function.

I had a solo for over a year and enjoyed it. I understand that the draw is restricted on purpose to maintain sufficient heat to achieve vaporization. However I just never enjoyed metering my draw. It's just not very comfortable for me, and I am fit and have good lungs. I prefer a more natural draw.

I may end up with another solo some day, and I still think it's a fantastic value. Just had to respond to the implication that people who don't enjoy the restricted draw "just don't get it"

kimura,

lookhigh

FC member
I never found the draw restrictive, i did have a problem with the bowl sealing to the heater. rocking the stem back and forth does fix this but i went one better and got my dremmel out and scored the bowl ALA PVHES style. Damn good mod and easy to diy.

lookhigh,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

kimura

I think it has more to do with vapor to air ratio than preserving the heat

aren't we saying the same thing? If the solo could efficiently heat the increased volume of air that would pass through it during a less restricted draw, the vapor density shouldn't suffer. you would just have more total vapor. I think the design of the solo limits the (relatively low) volume of air that it can efficiently heat, hence the need for a restricted draw. it's to limit the volume of air that is displaced during a draw

maybe we are just describing two different sides of the same coin

530rasta

i like the better airflow when flowers are ground up and lightly pushed into the bowl.

I find when i just shove a nug in there (which is most of the time tbh) that the draw is much more restricted (obviously).

I may order some turbo stems just to see the difference.

cheers.

530rasta,
Reactions: OF

CarolKing

I feel that my lung capacity isn't what it used to be. Years of combusting did some damage to my lungs it feels like. I havent completely recovered and it will be 2 years this Dec. 31 that I fucked combustion. I temporarily quit using the Solo a few months after I bought it back in 2013 until I found out about the PVHES mouthpieces (older model) and that made all the difference for me. Men also have larger lung capacity. With the older model before the PVHES stems I would get winded and feel I needed to take a breath.

I love the Solo and am very happy with the newer 2014 model with less draw restriction. Yes I did hear a time or two about if your sucking too hard your taking in too quick of a draw. This was my experience with the older model.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

little maggie

Just wondering if anyone has an Ed's stem for their Solo. My blackwood stem came today and it's beautiful but I can't figure out how to connect it to the Solo. With the glass stem I followed directions and let the Solo heat up to 7 before clicking the stem into place. The wood stem is very loose and I don't see how it's going to click into the Solo base. Is this just how the wood stems work? The bent glass stem is a bit loose but it clicks into the notches which the wood one doesn't..

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: OF

OF

The wood stem is very loose and I don't see how it's going to click into the Solo base. Is this just how the wood stems work? The bent glass stem is a bit loose but not like the wood one.

Stems vary (read 'don't all fit the same'), my Ed's stem is actually a bit larger than the glass stem I usually use.

And the oven seal 'opens up' over time. All stems will get looser as a result. "Clicking in" is a happenstance, not a feature. Arizer doesn't warrant fit, and have told us in this thread that they don't consider a 'loose stem' to be an issue (quality or otherwise), they expect them to fall out if inverted.

This is, of course, why some use a carefully fitted o-ring. Granted many who don't research it simply 'find it on the web' and jump in with both feet......often getting more troubles in the process.

My advice is to enjoy the Solo, no matter how the stem fits at the time.

Regards.

OF

Canadianguy

Yeah!I'm pretty happy with the PVHES stems I have a GonG 14mm but I wish that it was snug but if you turn it upside down it will fall out!looser the stock solo stems.I like the GonG to be snug especialy if you have a water tool on it! and I don't mine a little play in the PVHES stems:)Plus you can clean the stems later for some of that golden goo lol.My o rings are thinner then the ones the vape sends you with there GonG water adapter!It's funny trying to hold the water adapter down when trying to lift off the water tool to clear it in mid session.

How does evryone's GonG adapters fit into the pinnacle water tool?

Canadianguy,

SoIoArtist

Hey I got my Solo a few months back and I'm running into problems.

When I turn it on everything seems normal, I set the desired temperature and the red light blinks, after about 10-20 seconds the arizer beeps once and all the yellow lights start blinking at the same time continuously and the unit stops heating up. I was wondering how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

SoIoArtist,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey I got my Solo a few months back and I'm running into problems.

When I turn it on everything seems normal, I set the desired temperature and the red light blinks, after about 10-20 seconds the arizer beeps once and all the yellow lights start blinking at the same time continuously and the unit stops heating up. I was wondering how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Batteries are reading charged, correct? If so, this has all the signs of one of your batteries heading south. In an attempt at bringing up the lesser cell, you could try topping up the cell by leaving on the charger pass the solid green by a few hours. Might help short term but most likely they will need replacing down the road.
Warranty should still apply if only a few months old.
Also, does it work while charging?

Last edited:
Top Bottom