Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
holy crap that was fast! I didn't think ceramics would be extinct so quickly. I guess it's better for arizer, since they won't have to warranty ceramic anymore, even though it doesn't perform as well, but might get warranties for the smelly ones.

Would be awesome if they could just keep making the ceramic without it failing.

steven22 said:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a ceramic at non retail prices?... the sellers I contacted on ebay said they are carrying the SS ... the prices on ebay are around 155-180 Im interested in those prices with ceramic

thank you

vape4life,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
steven22 said:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a ceramic at non retail prices?... the sellers I contacted on ebay said they are carrying the SS ... the prices on ebay are around 155-180 Im interested in those prices with ceramic

thank you
Try puffitup.com. It appears their code "Arizersolo90" is still valid that will get you a Solo for $189 (bottom of their blog page). I am very happy with my dealings with puffitup and Randy has been great. My 2 week old Solo is ceramic and working like a champ but I would call them and verify that you would get a M104 ceramic.

Papa Woody,
steven22 said:

thank you
lol everywhere says they have the SS when in reality you will most likely be sent the ceramic lol. I have seen that with every new poster lately.

VapeNStone,

guitarscreamngrowler

is the ss really that bad. doesnt it atleast give good big clouds a few hits my rockzap is ss an it hits great. i have the extreme q an cant belive arizer doin this bs. the solo looked so good couple months ago.

just got an email from a headshop 10 mins away they have solos for 270 i got 10 precent off card. probably gonna pick one up next saturday

guitarscreamngrowler,

pain101

still loving my solo. mines an m105 model and its performing great. i have moved up to using it at 5 or 7 now as it does not seem to effect my headaches severity at those levels. still annoyed at breaking my bent stem within days of getting it, the fact that it just sits in there loosely is really a major downfall in terms of lifespan for me. i am clumsy and will break the next tube sooner than later since its so easy to fall out on me if not extra careful in terms of keeping the thing pointed up, and occasionally i put it down without remembering to take the tube out. what can i say?? i get medical product and can space out a bit. how on earth i will manage to get a new tube when mine breaks will certainly be an interesting proposition since im in such a small town and do not use money on the internet.

edit, when i try for big hits, i get big hits, nutbuster hits too.

pain101,

pain101

ohhhh and i wanted to say that i collect all my browned nugs in a jar. just made a nice little plate of oil and its kept me medicated all day yesterday and today. just throw in a pinch of green for the taste[since the browned oil doesnt really taste so great compared to fresh nug oil] and it's a nice!! simply dragging a small bit of cotton or a paper across the oil plate then putting in the tube works perfect for me

pain101,

vape4life

Banned for life
If there isn't ceramic then the SS is fine for a replacement. Not AS great, but still decent. I used to be a major arizer fanboy for my first 5 years of vaping, and if you read the earlier pages of this thread, you will see me raving massively with others about what a cats ass vape this is. Then the problems started and I quickly did an about face after seeing what was going on with the flaking, "inserts", etc. so now i'm not so impressed, but still impressed enough because imo there really isn't a better portable alternative right now. Sure there is the mflb, but the clouds don't compare imo.

Once the mi/(vi?)vape, vapor blunt, and other portables become more mainstream I think that will put a dent in arizer's sales, and I bet the product will plummet in price just like the EQ did. They had the jump out of the gate, but with all the issues, I bet it won't be as much of a success as the EQ, but then again who knows.

guitarscreamngrowler said:
is the ss really that bad. doesnt it atleast give good big clouds a few hits my rockzap is ss an it hits great. i have the extreme q an cant belive arizer doin this bs. the solo looked so good couple months ago.

just got an email from a headshop 10 mins away they have solos for 270 i got 10 precent off card. probably gonna pick one up next saturday

vape4life,
vape4life said:
If there isn't ceramic then the SS is fine for a replacement. Not AS great, but still decent. I used to be a major arizer fanboy for my first 5 years of vaping, and if you read the earlier pages of this thread, you will see me raving massively with others about what a cats ass vape this is. Then the problems started and I quickly did an about face after seeing what was going on with the flaking, "inserts", etc. so now i'm not so impressed, but still impressed enough because imo there really isn't a better portable alternative right now. Sure there is the mflb, but the clouds don't compare imo.

Once the mi/(vi?)vape, vapor blunt, and other portables become more mainstream I think that will put a dent in arizer's sales, and I bet the product will plummet in price just like the EQ did. They had the jump out of the gate, but with all the issues, I bet it won't be as much of a success as the EQ, but then again who knows.

guitarscreamngrowler said:

I have a good feeling that a really really good portable will hit the market very soon ;). Basically a Da Buddha on the go

VapeNStone,

steven22

vape4life said:
holy crap that was fast! I didn't think ceramics would be extinct so quickly. I guess it's better for arizer, since they won't have to warranty ceramic anymore, even though it doesn't perform as well, but might get warranties for the smelly ones.

Would be awesome if they could just keep making the ceramic without it failing.

steven22 said:

thank you

im hoping they arent extinct just yet... im gonna try my luck some more, I really wasnt trying that hard.

steven22,

steven22

Papa Woody said:
steven22 said:

thank you
Try puffitup.com. It appears their code "Arizersolo90" is still valid that will get you a Solo for $189 (bottom of their blog page). I am very happy with my dealings with puffitup and Randy has been great. My 2 week old Solo is ceramic and working like a champ but I would call them and verify that you would get a M104 ceramic.

thanks, ill try them out, even though the price is on the higher end of my budget, I was trying to get it close to 15x as possible

sorry if this question has been asked often, but what is the difference between M104 and all the others M101, 2, 3 , 4 , 5 etc

thank you

steven22,

steven22

VapeNStone said:
steven22 said:

thank you
lol everywhere says they have the SS when in reality you will most likely be sent the ceramic lol. I have seen that with every new poster lately.

I never really had any experience with this... Ihope it is true... know any ebay sellers in particular that are practicing this?...

thanks

steven22,
steven22 said:
VapeNStone said:
steven22 said:

thank you

I never really had any experience with this... Ihope it is true... know any ebay sellers in particular that are practicing this?...

thanks
I know of at least two people in this very thread that bought from puffitup.com and they assured them they were getting the SS model when they received the ceramic. They then sent it in to get exchanged. But you could just go on puffitup.com and ask on their chat feature thing.

VapeNStone,
VapeNStone said:
I know of at least two people in this very thread that bought from puffitup.com and they assured them they were getting the SS model when they received the ceramic. They then sent it in to get exchanged. But you could just go on puffitup.com and ask on their chat feature thing.

This is exactly what happened to me just recently. Talked to someone on chat and asked them if I would be receiving a new SS model, and was assured I would receive that model. I received a ceramic model m104. No complaints about it so far.. no weird smell, or flaking. I am hearing a high pitched noise coming from it, seems to be a frequency only some can hear. It doesn't bother me one bit, I can drain it out of my head pretty easily.

automaticguy,

vapeon

steven22 said:
Papa Woody said:
steven22 said:

thank you

thanks, ill try them out, even though the price is on the higher end of my budget, I was trying to get it close to 15x as possible

sorry if this question has been asked often, but what is the difference between M104 and all the others M101, 2, 3 , 4 , 5 etc

thank you
The higher the number the newer the manufactoring, i beleive. :2c:

vapeon,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
WatTyler,

w4m2k0

Question, to those that hear the frequency , does it make your ears ring after? My ears have been ringing all weekend I think from using the solo

w4m2k0,

Phizix

I went to puffitup.com and asked their chat 3 times on 3 different days if they were shipping the stainless solo yet (when their website news already had posted that they were shipping them). The first 2 times I got no response. The third time it was "let me check and I'll email you back" and I never got an email. Seems like they were lying about the stainless models or holding them back for whatever reason. I know they have a good rep here but those are shady practices if you ask me. I ask a simple yes or no question, you can give a simple yes or no response.

Phizix,
w4m2k0 said:
Question, to those that hear the frequency , does it make your ears ring after? My ears have been ringing all weekend I think from using the solo

uh, actually now that you say so, I have picked up on higher frequencies more often. Just the other day I had a ringing in my ears, I can't remember if I used the solo but I might of.

biojuggernaut,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
E-mail or call Randy, he will take care of you. I have never used the chat but it seems like a bad way to get a response if you actually want one. I don't see why a simple phone call or e-mail can't suffice?

aesthyrian,
aesthyrian said:
E-mail or call Randy, he will take care of you. I have never used the chat but it seems like a bad way to get a response if you actually want one. I don't see why a simple phone call or e-mail can't suffice?
Actually the last time I used the chat I just so happen to get Randy lol. He was very quick and easy to deal with. He even gave me his name right away so that if nothing did get done Randy was the one to blame lol. Oh and just because I love this smile :ko:

VapeNStone,

vapeon

I originally was going to buy the soft sided case from Rockwise. I wasn't sure how I was going to like a hard case at first but now I think I prefer it. Its very well built & appears to be pretty tough. But I figured for the price I would try it, they sell the case separtly for $45. Anyway so far its great, its smell proof and waterproof, handy for traveling. I store my goodies where they have the charger for taking it around town. As far as the Solo it gave off a slight plastic taste towards the end of a bowl when new but that has since gone away with use, so far so good otherwise. :2c:
WatTyler said:
vapeon said:
I bought my M104 ceramic on ebay with a nice vapecase for $170 from evapor on ebay. Here is a link to 1 they have up for bids now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizer-Solo...973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c20a543b5. They are good to deal with and if you email them they will sell you 1 outright.
What's the quality of the case like? I likes the look of it, but the pricey international shipping on them puts me off 'trying' it without some good reviews.

vapeon,

vape4health

So I ordered one em Ehle 100ml from EDIT that everyone seems to have, I see lots of them in peoples sig's and for the price I understand why now. I had to order one after I tried using my Solo with a cheap no name tiny bubbler I had packed away, it was too small but gave me a good look into what vaporbonging with the solo is like. I've had it for one week now and cant really see me vaping without water again. It is on the small side but a new baby has changed my vape'n habits, now I keep everything put away and very clean, iso after every use so the 100ml is about perfect for that, easy to clean and hide.

I have read people saying that the solo stem will fit into a 14.5 but I have a few stems and they all slide past the GonG and into the ball between GonG's on the downstem, a small piece a silicon tubing around the stem makes a perfect seal but I would like a glass only vapor path. Someone had a few 14.5 stems made, anyone care to say how well or not they worked.

I would like to get a diffused downstem, if anyone has one that fits perfect and could post a link that would really help. I've looked but I'm kinda new to high end glass, I know I need 14.5 joint and EDIT says a length of 10cm but would 11cm work.

Another thing about the Ehle 100ml, the bowl that I received is close to useless for combustion, the hole in the bottom is huge allowing stuff to fall through, I see now people recommend gauze or them spike balls, what a hassle.

vape4health,
Top Bottom