Arizer Solo

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you could still verify your readings, the results you posted first had me puzzled as well :lol:

Perhaps they made the SS version run cooler in an attempt to minimize the quicker battery depletion as was reported here by two guys with both units?

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
aesthyrian said:
Which is why I find your findings to be so interesting, I wonder what makes the SS perform warmer in your test even though it is programmed cooler?
The SS performs cooler in Vaplexus' chart.

Nicely done, Vaplexus. Very interesting stuff.

:peace:

Stu,

vaplexus

Stu said:
aesthyrian said:
Which is why I find your findings to be so interesting, I wonder what makes the SS perform warmer in your test even though it is programmed cooler?
The SS performs cooler in Vaplexus' chart.

Nicely done, Vaplexus. Very interesting stuff.

:peace:

I made an error initially and had the two switched. i have since corrected it so this poster was commenting on the erroneous version.

so what this means is that you have to run the SS version on 7 in order to get the "material" at the same temp as the ceramic at 5. setting 6 on the SS is lower than 5 (ceramic) and setting 7 is higher than 5 (ceramic). this sucks. it means the SS has no higher range than the minimum for a good cook.

Now... I wonder... what if I retrofitted the ceramic main chassis with the crucible from the SS??? would the SS run at the same temp as the ceramic???

Gotta try it...

vaplexus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Why does this all remind me of Schrodinger's cat? :uhoh:

Both charts still exist in parallel universes. :lol:

Stu,

vaplexus

I made a monster. I took the head off a SS and put on a ceramic body. what did I end up with:

A VERY FUCKING COOL VAPOURIZER!

Now I can run the SS bowl at ceramic temps and get my "sweetspot" of setting 5.

Just trying it out now... WOW! incredible. the mouthpiece is just filling with vapour on its own. nice juicy clouds. i swear this is a killer combo.

I think (not 100% sure) that the ceramic body runs the SS head a little hotter and that a SS body and ceramic head runs a little cooler. At one point I was getting 250C on the former (SS head/cer body) and 205C on the latter (cer head/SS body). *shrug*

Easy to do. Step by step:

on both the SS and ceramic:
- remove the screws on the bottom
- slide the case up off the chassis
- remove the top cap
- fully loosen but not take out the 4 screws that hold the head in (you can take them out but you have to put them all back in so why bother)
- pinch the large connector and remove it from the small board
- carefully remove the small connector

now we are going to put the SS head on the ceramic body
- connect the two connectors to their respective jacks on the board
- put the SS head on the ceramic body, lining up parts and screws
- screw the head down
- put the case back on
- put the 4 screws on the bottom back on

WARNING:
you do this at your own risk! no one or thing but yourself is to blame if something goes wrong. don't come crying to me or anyone else on this forum nor any creature or object in the known and unknown universes. ever.

remember: this is UNTESTED. who knows if the ceramic circuitry and SS head are compatible. so again, read the above.

vaplexus,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Wow...7:35 post to the 8:11 post to do your experiment. I'm impressed! Amazing work Vaplexus (and great chart)

Papa Woody,

vaplexus

Papa Woody said:
7:35 post to the 8:11 post to do your experiment. I'm impressed! Amazing work Vaplexus (and great chart)

LOL! too funny. i had no idea. i just did it. and now... wow... I'm enjoying the fruits of my labour. i gotta say these experiments are really making me high.

vaplexus,

LiquidL

darkrom said:
OhTheAgony said:
3 noobs on one page making relatively long posts phrasing the Solo.

I may just be paranoid, but you'd almost think like someone would want to place their product in a better light after all the negs of past few weeks.

IP check mods? :p

Seconded please.

Paranoid much?

For the record, I am not affiliated with whomever. I researched and found people praising the Solo thus I picked it up.

Just about to try it out :)

LiquidL,

Papa Woody

Vaplexus, you got me curious so I took my old multimeter with a temperature probe and shoved that probe up the heater hole and this is what I got:

Level 7 range 425F - 411F mean 418F (218.3c - 210.5c mean 214.4c)
Level 6 range 395F - 386F mean 390.5F (201.6c - 196.6c mean 199.16c)
Level 5 range 377F - 368F mean 372F (191.6c - 186.6c mean 189.16c)
Level 4 range 355F - 345F mean 350F (179.4c - 173.8c mean 176.6c)
Level 3 range 337F - 328F mean 332.5 (169.4c - 164.4 mean 166.9c)
Level 2 range 309F - 303F mean 306F (153.8c - 150.5c mean 152.2c)

This is a model M104 ceramic and my measurements are probably not as accurate as your readings as I'm holding the probe in what seems to be the hottest part of the heater, taking about 20 readings and averaging them out.
My readings however, tend to mirror your SS readings. Interesting.
I also agree it's probably not a good idea to take or expect accurate measurements after using the Solo. I'm kinda skewed right now.

Papa Woody,

vaplexus

Interesting results. some correlate to my readings, some don't. what i did was press the thermistor to the base of the bowl and held it in with cheesecloth (cotton), pressed firmly in. i made sure not to disturb the wires in the test.

vaplexus,

Papa Woody

vaplexus said:
Interesting results. some correlate to my readings, some don't. what i did was press the thermistor to the base of the bowl and held it in with cheesecloth (cotton), pressed firmly in. i made sure not to disturb the wires in the test.

I'll repeat the readings tomorrow using your cheesecloth technique and see if the readings change. Your technique would keep cold air out of the heater which could lower the readings a bit. I'm starting to really like my new Solo. It's a nice unit.

Papa Woody,

LiquidL

Hey good job Woody and Vaplexus for the experiments. This is the first adjustable vaporizer I've had with presets only. My previous Vapir NO2 had digital temp control and i found 375 F the best to sizzle at. Just tried my m102 out: Pros- Nice clouds, solid elegant tool feel, looks cool in the dark, and glass mouthpiece. Cons- just one so far, up / down buttons are inverted, up on right and down on left is more ergonomic for most righties in the world. Love how greens last so much longer on vapes in general. even 0.2gs keep rippin on and on getting me more and more fazed. excellent. fuck combustion. :cool:

LiquidL,
The differences in temp between the ceramic and the SS are indeed very interesting, and indeed, very distressing. It's a shame to lose that extra bit of temperature at the top when the Solo could of used a little more to begin with for concentrate usage.

Whatever the Solo update or replacement is, it should clearly go a bit higher.

charliedontsurf,

Phineas T. Freakears

FLskwat said:
As I explained fastly on the MF thread:
Take a cup of 100% fat milk...bring it to boiling point....poor it in a cup, USE YOUR OILY STEM to stir the milk (you can add powder cocoa, honey, whatever sweetener...oh and you can also leave the stem in the hot milk for a few minutes to make sure everything reclaims easily in there, or "pre-torch it to liquify the oils), and/or use the stem as a nice straw to drink the milk!!!! I guarantee an excellent edible moment, a happy you and a clean stem at the end too! :D

Hi,

Thank's for this ;)
I had a try yesterday with 2 stems, with a nice layer of amber oil
I put them in a full glass of hot milk, and stir the stems in the glass a few minutes.
The color of the milk change (and the smell too), with drops of oil that you can see in the milk.
I put some honey in the glass, and I drank it using the stems like straw.
After, just put the stem under a shower of hot water, dry them, and they are like new.
Vape + Milk drank = a very good night, I slept like a baby. :D

Otherwise, I always have this bad smell and taste on my second solo ceramics, which makes it unusable. I continue to use the first that works wonders.

I also would like to find a small glass bong for use with the Solo, not too expensive, if you have addresses (I'm in Europe) ... ;)

Phineas T. Freakears,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My fav bong shop is in Germany: H&N

Everyonedoesit in the UK is another possibility. They have a lot of nice bongs and their prices are ok, but I kinda hate dealing with them. They're not good at answering questions and it often takes them ages to ship if you pay through a direct bank transfer. If you can get it somewhere else that definitely has my recommendations.

LiquidL said:
darkrom said:
OhTheAgony said:
3 noobs on one page making relatively long posts phrasing the Solo.

I may just be paranoid, but you'd almost think like someone would want to place their product in a better light after all the negs of past few weeks.

IP check mods? :p

Seconded please.

Paranoid much?

For the record, I am not affiliated with whomever. I researched and found people praising the Solo thus I picked it up.

Just about to try it out :)

Yep, a little. There have been a few dubious posters here lately and sometimes I'm not sure what to think anymore because of that. Nothing personal though, enjoy your Solo!

OhTheAgony,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
With the new stainless steel models...... has anyone tried to use the solo with a tiny dab of shatter directly in the base bowl since it should/could easily be ISO cleaned afterward ?

Or perhaps even a mini SS cup to sit in there to act like a nail ?

smokum,

Phineas T. Freakears

Thank's OTA ;)

I don't like this UK shop too, thank's for the German link !
Last thing: If I take a bong with a 14,5 mm connector size, I don't need adaptator to use with the Solo stems, that's good?

Phineas T. Freakears,

vape4life

Banned for life
Wow, this is actually great news because now for the complete Solo experience, you need the Solo Duo for the full spectrum vaping experience! One SS for lower temp vaping and one ceramic for the higher temps! lol

Seriously though, as much of my frustration with arizer's constant lies, they shouldnt say that the 2 units are exactly idental except for the coating of ceramic is gone. They obviously work differently, and should be rewriting the manual to update the temps.

Has anyone with SS had the "blueing" that arizer said happens with time? Mine is yellow!

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Phineas T. Freakears said:
Thank's OTA ;)

I don't like this UK shop too, thank's for the German link !
Last thing: If I take a bong with a 14,5 mm connector size, I don't need adaptator to use with the Solo stems, that's good?

Yep, the glass stems fit perfectly in a 14,4mm GG connection. Some prefer using a tiny piece of silicone tubing for a better seal, but I've tried both and personally see no need for it.

OhTheAgony,

steven22

Does anyone know where I can purchase a ceramic at non retail prices?... the sellers I contacted on ebay said they are carrying the SS ... the prices on ebay are around 155-180 Im interested in those prices with ceramic

thank you

steven22,
Top Bottom