Arizer Solo

guitarscreamngrowler said:
alright cause im wondering where i can get a ss or if i should pick up ceramic with all problems there having.
well I have both so I'll let you know the outcome.

VapeNStone,
VapeNStone said:
alright cause im wondering where i can get a ss or if i should pick up ceramic with all problems there having.
well I have both so I'll let you know the outcome.

ALRIGHT thanks man keep me posted
well I'll already tell ya the ceramic one is fucking awesome!! Chipping a little right now but its still great lol. I'm going to try the SS here in a bit just giving it one more burn in cycle(making that 3, which I don't even think it needed one).

VapeNStone,

guitarscreamngrowler

hahaha i cant wait to hear i heard the ceramic is suppose to be little better. but i wana see how the ss is. i have a rock zap that ss so, it should hit pretty solid..

guitarscreamngrowler,

guitarscreamngrowler

VapeNStone said:
naw it was fully charged before I started the burn in. So should be a few more minutes :)

if you could do a full review on the ss bro that would be sweet compare the two. want to see which better route to go.

guitarscreamngrowler,
VapeNStone said:
naw it was fully charged before I started the burn in. So should be a few more minutes :)

if you could do a full review on the ss bro that would be sweet compare the two. want to see which better route to go.
Well I'm not a good reviewer as I'm not a good writer lol. The verdict is in!! Buy the mother fucking Ceramic!!! lol The SS sucks. Really, it isn't good. I am hitting my ceramic right now and the clouds are twice as big and as a result twice as tasty. Now I said the SS didn't smell which it didn't but I sure can taste a funny taste with it. But I am thinking that's just me sucking in a lot of heat with no vapor. I can't get the weed as dark as the ceramic no matter how hard I tried. I even tried using an old 2 hole tube and the flow is just too much. It needs waaay waaay more heat!!!! I am tempted to email Arizer and ask for a reprogram or some shit because the fact that they lowered the heat is just ridiculous!!! Especially with the increased flow. I mean this thing could be mean as hell if you could really crank the heat up. I'm quite disappointed that I waited all excited for it to get here just to be let down.

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
Can you please provide a link to "spades of residue in lungs"? I'm serious, any help would be appreciated. The fact that my stems are perfectly clean after the bend made me think that my lungs should be clean. I never cough or anything, unlike when I used to combust. I think more health effects of vaping would be the actual chemical reactions that occur in brain and body as they react with the cannabinoids. And probably even greater is amount, duration, and frequency.

vaplexus said:
VapeNStone said:
vaplexus said:
LOL dude, you smoke vapor. That in itself is very unhealthy (better than combustion yes but not healthy in the least). A little high pitched noise or some inert ceramic in your digestive system is not going to hurt you. Sorry I am just getting a little annoyed with all the apparent sensitivities around these things. It seems nit picky at best. You do vapor for heavens sake. Suck it up, buttercup.
Actually it was my understanding that THC has anti-canceristic properties and that even combusting for a long time has had no bad side effects? So then with basically pure THC you would think that we would be getting more if not all of those anti-canceristic properties and none of the bad carcinogens?

Do you honestly think that inhaling vapour has no detrimental health issues? Look at the reside that builds up in your mouthpiece; that is in spades in your lungs. It's not pure thc. And even if it was THC has a number of unhealthy long term effects. I won't patronize you by googling and posting link but ask they you use common sense and also google for yourself. There are many citations. Sure it all makes us feel good but this vapour practice of ours in not healthy at all. MORE healthy than combustion but less healthy than not doing it at all.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Dude, get the ceramic. This has already been discussed before by a few of us. The SS doesn't get as hot, has too much airflow, and results in less dense clouds. However, the SS still works well as a vaporizer, just not as good as the ceramic.

ohhhhhh dam looks im pickin up the ceramic one hope its a good one its m102 saw alot of problems with the m104s.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
+1 my experience also... ceramic > SS, although I never thought that would ever happen. Fucking pisses me off that Arizer Steve said the ceramic was for aesthetic only and that the SS "blues" which is obviously bullshit. The ceramic is for better heat retention apparently, and the SS "yellows"! Great customer service is one thing, but honesty and communication is a huge part of that.

Sad to see that KJ Kevin has gone belly up too. Obviously he would only back up Steve, since they're buddies.

VapeNStone said:
VapeNStone said:

Well I'm not a good reviewer as I'm not a good writer lol. The verdict is in!! Buy the mother fucking Ceramic!!! lol The SS sucks. Really, it isn't good. I am hitting my ceramic right now and the clouds are twice as big and as a result twice as tasty. Now I said the SS didn't smell which it didn't but I sure can taste a funny taste with it. But I am thinking that's just me sucking in a lot of heat with no vapor. I can't get the weed as dark as the ceramic no matter how hard I tried. I even tried using an old 2 hole tube and the flow is just too much. It needs waaay waaay more heat!!!! I am tempted to email Arizer and ask for a reprogram or some shit because the fact that they lowered the heat is just ridiculous!!! Especially with the increased flow. I mean this thing could be mean as hell if you could really crank the heat up. I'm quite disappointed that I waited all excited for it to get here just to be let down.

vape4life,
Well. I sent them an email with my disgust for the new solo they sent me. I shall wait to see what they say.

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
Please report back! I didn't have the balls to do that, because first of all it was a freebie, and really it's not that bad....they fixed the problem with chipping and airflow, and that will cause effects such as more air and less vapour, so i'm not gonna bother. What are they going to do? Send you another ceramic that will fail and chip anyway? Whatta a fucking shitshow.

Eagerly anticipating your email back!

VapeNStone said:
Well. I sent them an email with my disgust for the new solo they sent me. I shall wait to see what they say.

vape4life,

headdoctor

vaplexus said:
headdoctor said:
Thanks. One of the subtexts for my question was whether the *absence* of sound or smell or chipping could reasonably be taken to imply a (relatively) safe product. I don't mean to suggest that their presence necessarily implies something unhealthy; but, given all the questions raised about the Solo, whether there was good reason to think that the absence of these problems was in itself something of an "all clear."

LOL dude, you smoke vapour. That in itself is very unhealthy (better than combustion yes but not healthy in the least). A little high pitched noise or some inert ceramic in your digestive system is not going to hurt you. Sorry I am just getting a little annoyed with all the apparent sensitivities around these things. It seems nit picky at best. You do vapour for heavens sake. Suck it up, buttercup.

First, Vaplexus, you've made some excellent posts but your tone here is out of line. You don't know me; and you don't need to speak to anyone like that. Second, as Zed already pointed out, while vaping may not be exactly healthy, certainly it's worth making it as healthy as possible. Third, as someone who does *not* own a Solo but is seriously interested in it, it is incredibly hard to decode this thread and figure out what is "nit picky" and what is genuine concern. I've read all these posts, as well as reviews on other sites, and I have almost no idea how to put together all the evidence. I've medicated for 35 years, and god only knows what I've ingested; but it makes me pause to hear talk about headaches and other potentially serious issues, as well as all the minor problems around this vape.

headdoctor,
vape4life said:
Please report back! I didn't have the balls to do that, because first of all it was a freebie, and really it's not that bad....they fixed the problem with chipping and airflow, and that will cause effects such as more air and less vapour, so i'm not gonna bother. What are they going to do? Send you another ceramic that will fail and chip anyway? Whatta a fucking shitshow.

Eagerly anticipating your email back!

VapeNStone said:
yea in my email I said "Yea I don't know where you would like to go from here. I just can't fathom that the new replacement isn't head over heels better then the old model" So idk

VapeNStone,

vaplexus

I think this vape is pretty easy to qualify:

- it's good build quality
- it produced good clouds and effects
- its a pretty good design
- the ceramic crucible is nice but sometimes chips
- the chipping is not harmful
- the stainless crucible has a more pleasent taste
- if your ceramic chips you will get a stainless for free and keep the stainless
- the stainless runs 20C cooler than the ceramic at the same setting
- they give off a smell when first used for awhile that seems to depend on the sensitivity of the person involved
- same with the high pitch - some hear it some don't. It's innocuous to sone and a non-issue for others

So you could say its a risk or if you know if you are sensitive to smells and sounds how much of a risk it is.

Personally I find the ceramic body with the stainless head works best.

vaplexus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think you're simplifying to much which leads you to a way to positive conclusion. Good build quality my ass, something that's put together properly shouldn't chip period. Plus it's total and complete BS that sensitive people have problems with the sound &/or smell. I'm very sensitive to sounds, smells, and taste, overly sensitive at times (it really is a burden sometimes), yet I have no problems with my Solo at all. It should be clear by now there are some pretty shitty Solo's out there, and that needs to be dealt with.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
And i'm not sure if i'd say the SS has a better taste? In fact, I can taste more "chemical" or whatever it is on the SS. My ceramic tastes better.

Arizer stated that at the exact same setting the SS is 5 degrees cooler, not 20.

vape4life,
My SS tastes better. The SS after being baked tasted better than all having their tops baked for identical lengths of time. It's almost clean tasting.. Almost.

I don't miss the extra heat for herbal material at all. I still find a level of five to be so hot it compromises taste, and you can get it just as dark at 4 with a little patience. But the extra heat is sorely missed for concentrates. It's seriously bummerish to lose those extra 30 or so degrees when they made the difference between "hell yeah!" and "meh."

"Good build quality" is overstating it a bit. One of my ceramics had spiderline cracks in the plastic portion of the chasis after a 2 foot drop onto a plastic mat atop carpet. The chipping is a whole 'nother fiasco. It's acceptable if it never chips and doesn't stink at the price point it has sunk to now, certainly. But good build quality.. Other vapes described as having high build quality haven't caused at least, what 5 or 6 people to complain of headaches, not as far as I know. That's a pretty unique complaint on this forum for any model as far as I know.

charliedontsurf,

darkrom

Great Scott!
vape4life said:
Arizer stated that at the exact same setting the SS is 5 degrees cooler, not 20.

They also stated there are no smells or sounds and that they have discovered organic ceramic. This vape turned sour real fast.

darkrom,
vape4life said:
And i'm not sure if i'd say the SS has a better taste? In fact, I can taste more "chemical" or whatever it is on the SS. My ceramic tastes better.

actually I believe they said 5 Celsius cooler I believe.

Ok guys and gals Arizer basically told me to go fuck myself in so many words. He basically said

Thank you for your email. The temperature settings in the Stainless Steel units were adjusted slightly to account for the difference in heat conductivity of ceramic vs. stainless steel. As long as your Stainless Steel unit is working properly I am unable to process any warranty claims. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

I sent him back another email to explain that into more detail because in my understanding the SS doesn't hold heat as well as the ceramic so shouldn't the heat have been turned up to account for the difference?

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom