Arizer Solo

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
You do have to enter the discount code. I should have mentioned it, but its pasted all over at least one page at Puffitup. They have diff. combos. Hers the page where they describe them.
http://puffitupnews.blogspot.com/2013/10/new-arizer-solo-sales-and-combos-free.html

It's all good. You'll be happy, I'm sure, wherever you get it! You will find that having a high-temp silicone o-ring between the top 2 portions of the unit will stabilize your glass mouth tubes. PM me your address and I will send you 2 o-rings in the mail, if you'd like, or they are size 113 o-rings if you'd prefer to check your own stocks.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
You do have to enter the discount code. I should have mentioned it, but its pasted all over at least one page at Puffitup. They have diff. combos. Hers the page where they describe them.
http://puffitupnews.blogspot.com/2013/10/new-arizer-solo-sales-and-combos-free.html

Vapor Nation actually went right to their website and saw the discount codes. They matched the price while I was on hold, less than 2 minutes. They are very nice, and efficient. I got a lot of freebies too. :)

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Vapor Nation sent my new Solo out and according to tracking, it will be here Thursday! :)
cat-yes.jpg

OF

Yay my screens are here! They still need some trimming to fit though. I hope these dont have the same effect as the vapir ones

Don't trim them (unless they're way over size), 'dome' them over the end of a Sharpie (or even the end of your finger). This will cause the edges of the screen to flex out and grab at the walls to help hold it in place. Dome up to reduce the volume, dome down to not.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Vapor Nation sent my new Solo out and according to tracking, it will be here Thursday! :)
Let me know how you like it?

The SOLO is perfect for my needs.
OK I know there is so many different options these dayz concerning Vaporizers. However I will always have one ready to medicate. Easy to use and very effective.

I truly hope you have the same awesome medication experience that I have enjoyed!

Enjoy your new device!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Let me know how you like it?

The SOLO is perfect for my needs.
OK I know there is so many different options these dayz concerning Vaporizers. However I will always have one ready to medicate. Easy to use and very effective.

I truly hope you have the same awesome medication experience that I have enjoyed!

Enjoy your new device!

I'll definitely report back! :nod:

esoh

i sent in my warranty claim last sunday and the Arizer representative said that i would be contacted by their third party warranty company, but i have yet to be contacted =/

esoh,

GenYHippie

Don't trim them (unless they're way over size), 'dome' them over the end of a Sharpie (or even the end of your finger). This will cause the edges of the screen to flex out and grab at the walls to help hold it in place. Dome up to reduce the volume, dome down to not.

OF

Thanks OF I have tried the sharpie thing before and all it did was let alot of loose bits fly around and into my mouth :(. But those were much firmer in texture, these ones might bend better. The screens i tried it with were so firm that when i was using a toothpick to loosen up some stuck ABV the screen shot out of the bowl and barely looked like it had been bent lol.

PoisonousHydra

My Solo needs to be returned under warranty, but has anyone with the Silver model noticed some serious oxidation happening on the sides of the unit? I will take pictures if needed, but it seems to be a reaction between the coloured finish on the housing and the sweat of my palms, since, after around a year of use, you can clearly see that this discoloration has only happened in the shape of my grip. This discoloration is in the form of pitting and looks charcoal in colour: it really detracts from the aesthetics of the unit.

For anyone interested in the differences between the two colours, here is my personal experience, owning a Silver, and having a friend who owns a Black. The Silver looks much nicer (even my buddy conceded this to me). The two-tone look, and the overall shine of the unit make it really stand out as a premium product.

The Black unit, however is much more stealthy. It blends in to the crowd of technological devices, whereas mine reflects the sunlight like a mirror sending an SOS signal, drawing attention from kilometres away.

Interestingly enough: he bought his Black Solo primarily for on-the-go use, whereas mine was a purchase made almost entirely for in-home usage. Finally, as mentioned my Silver unit has chipped and oxidized away to black; his Black unit, on the other hand, has had the coating chip away to the silver metal underneath. It seems like either way we are doomed to have a two-tone device after some length of time :lol:.

Last edited:

OF

My Solo needs to be returned under warranty, but has anyone with the Silver model noticed some serious oxidation happening on the sides of the unit? I will take pictures if needed, but it seems to be a reaction between the chrome finish on the housing and the sweat of my palms, since, after around a year of use, you can clearly see that this discoloration has only happened in the shape of my grip.

That's unfortunate, but I seriously doubt it's chrome plated. Chromium is really tough, that's why we plate bumpers with it.

Aluminum, OTOH, is prone to all sort of stuff. Being basically corroded from the start (it forms a layer of Aluminum Oxide within seconds exposed to air, I suspect you've never seen Aluminum really). IIRC to Chrome plate Al you need to plate it with Copper and Nickle first. I've only seen one silver one, but it had tool/extrusion marks on it as well as an 'etched' surface nothing like the mirror chrome has. My 'take' is we're looking at clear anodizing here?

To prevent it from happening again, simply wax the surface well.

OF

OF

Paste wax or Paint. It's the Navy Way.

And here I thought is was, "If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't, paint it Gray".

Of course one also hears "Bend it to shape, file it to fit, paint it to match" at sea as well........

Just shows to go ya how easy it is for a fellow to get confused on the details?

It does make you wonder what guys polished on wooden ships. I mean that 'barefoot on the deck with the Holy Stone' thing gets old. Do you suppose Columbus brought some brass along to keep the crew busy? What did the Polynesians do in their great voyages of discovery? They didn't have brass to bring on the canoes of breadfruit and pigs you know, yet they found Hawaii just fine. Built the first hotels on Waikiki......

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I thought it went - If it's Brass or Wood, Wax it. Paint the rest. But I'm a dependent looking in from the out side. When I was a kid I saved a few SW radios and oscilloscopes from the sledge hammer, then it seemed it was wax/polish, paint or smash. :shrug:

ILoveVaping33

So used my Solo now a couple of times and what I noticed is that the battery goes down pretty fast. Or is it just my device and something is wrong? When I have it at 7 I use it like 4-5x at a heat point of about 4 and each time less than 12 minutes and then the battery is at 2 already.

EDIT: That said, it seems like it takes less than an hour to charge it back to 7 again...

Last edited:

OF

So used my Solo now a couple of times and what I noticed is that the battery goes down pretty fast. Or is it just my device and something is wrong? When I have it at 7 I use it like 4-5x at a heat point of about 4 and each time less than 12 minutes and then the battery is at 2 already.

'A step a session' is probably a useful rule of thumb. With an extra session at seven (maybe even two?) if you fully recharge the battery (until the charge LED goes out). Doing so (full charges each time) cuts into battery lifespan so some/many of us don't do that. But if you started at 7, had five sessions and ended up on two I'd say you were spot on track?

The battery is rated at 2.2 Amp-Hours. The heater draws about 2.2 when heating, you get 60 minutes of heater on time. Duty cycle (percent on time) is a bit under 50% on 4, you'll get a bit over twice that 60 minutes of session time, say two hours. Divide that by 12 minutes per session and you've got 8 sessions and still have a little room left on the back of the envelope for the next problem........

Not to worry. Solo is for enjoying.

OF

ILoveVaping33

One thing i wonder is, when some of the material falls into the small holes in the heating chamber, is there any way to get them out? What I read so far is that you can blow into the holes of the back of the device and some stuff should come out again. But isn't there a way to get this thing really clean again? I wonder why this isn't a common problem with the material hanging upside down - almost ready to fall down. I plan on using some powdered material with my Solo, so i am sure it won't stay that clean and I want to know if there is a proven way to clean it.

ILoveVaping33,

PoisonousHydra

[...]proven way to clean it.
While I completely understand that it would intimidate certain people, and that not everyone has spent their entire life taking apart any electronic device they can get their hands on as I have, those four screws you see on the bottom are the only thing stopping you from taking it apart. The plastic base slides away from the metal housing: it really couldn't be any simpler.

Also, where I used chrome earlier I really meant "chrome" :p.

One more question about the return: do they repair, replace, or a combination of both depending upon circumstances?

PoisonousHydra,
Top Bottom