Arizer Solo

olivianewtonjohn

Wow I checked at like 2am and nothing. Now I'm in the fucking hospital with my mom and won't get to snag one. Dijwhajcjdjakdofoejanxjc
Word on the street is they are releasing small batches so im sure you will get in on later on.

Im waiting on 18MM, also havent been using the solo as much been using my fakexhale so I think I will wait a bit.

OF

I wish another manufacturer would get on board with making these glass adapters. With PV being out of stock for months now and then releasing "controlled quantities" to the buying public is extremely frustrating.

I get the feeling, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. If there really is a huge market, the rules of Capitalism would have tried to fill it you'd think. There would be more vendors offering us stems already. Increased supply would no doubt drive prices down....but not costs. Once the profit gets low enough (low prices, slow moving stock) the incentive to be in that market goes away.

I suspect the market is pretty small, really. Arizer could be doing this, but has decided not to (and they seem to have their act together in other areas). Perhaps it's a matter of market exposure? PV has it like few if any other dealers do. For instance PIU or GV would not sell as many I bet?

Just thinking out loud. And being glad PV has 'taken the plunge' to give us this option.

OF

EveryDayAmnesiac

Well, did all my charging, like a good little boy. And did my burn offs, like a good little boy. And... success! Oh, how I'd forgotten how pleasant and pleasurable a Solo session is.

So easy... and fun... and tasty... with a bunch of giggles. Just the way I like it. ;)

You know, if I could go back, and take my vaporizer journey all over again (:rolleyes:) ... I would definitely buy a Solo as my first. The whole process would have been so much easier!

But, perhaps, not as rewarding?

A Firefly for first thing, a Solo session on the porch to wake up and enjoy the mountains, and a HI session to round it all out. Today is fucking sweet. :science:

And, unrealistic or not... Puffitup with Solo GonGs to sell would be fucking ballz.

OF

And, unrealistic or not... Puffitup with Solo GonGs to sell would be fucking ballz.

Hey, while I'm sure Randy has considered it, I've been wrong before...... You could bring the topic up with him, many of us have had personal interactions with him and I don't recall a single 'discouraging word'......

If it has merit, and he hasn't fully considered it before and you put him wise, I bet he comps you a few trinkets...... Stand up guy. The sort you feel good giving your money to. Or as good as one can expect to feel under such conditions at least.

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Hey, while I'm sure Randy has considered it, I've been wrong before...... You could bring the topic up with him, many of us have had personal interactions with him and I don't recall a single 'discouraging word'......

If it has merit, and he hasn't fully considered it before and you put him wise, I bet he comps you a few trinkets...... Stand up guy. The sort you feel good giving your money to. Or as good as one can expect to feel under such conditions at least.

OF
Yes I believe he has been asked in the past to do it. So your right he has considered it. Must not be economically viable with the labor and equipment needed to modify stock stems.

OF

Yes I believe he has been asked in the past to do it. So your right he has considered it. Must not be economically viable with the labor and equipment needed to modify stock stems.

Bummer that.

I think there's still another option open to us, though. There are a lot of independent artisans working in glass these days. IIRC the process to make such glass pieces it's a fairly easy job, but takes good skills. With the proper tooling a single guy could make them pretty quickly I bet. I think it calls for some machined graphite blocks to 'blow' the bowl end of the tube out. Welding the separator in and attaching a (premade) GonG fitting should be an easy step in a batch run of several dozen (or 100 pieces?). A day's work? Under $1000?

A fellow Forum Member has blazed this trail for us, he got his 'local glass guy' to cut the top off that silly aroma th

A 'group buy' of sorts could make some sense???

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Bummer that.

I think there's still another option open to us, though. There are a lot of independent artisans working in glass these days. IIRC the process to make such glass pieces it's a fairly easy job, but takes good skills. With the proper tooling a single guy could make them pretty quickly I bet. I think it calls for some machined graphite blocks to 'blow' the bowl end of the tube out. Welding the separator in and attaching a (premade) GonG fitting should be an easy step in a batch run of several dozen (or 100 pieces?). A day's work? Under $1000?

A fellow Forum Member has blazed this trail for us, he got his 'local glass guy' to cut the top off that silly aroma th

A 'group buy' of sorts could make some sense???

OF
Oh I want to be clear. Not sure why PIU couldnt/hasent made the stems. I know they have been asked (was in FC chat the other day). The reasoning was a guess on my part

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: OF

DOOM

Yippee ki-yay, m*therf#ckersss!

J1QSf0r.jpg

bruce%20DH1.jpg

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Gongs are sold out already. I think there may be something to finding a local glass blower to modify the aroma bowl or even buy a stem.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Ok, I'm actually considering getting one of these, lol Do I really need it? I already have an Herbalaire, Magic Flight Launch Box (cherry) and concentrate pens. Opinions are appreciated. :) Also, has anyone purchased the lifetime warranty? Worth it, or no?

I can get a brand new one, on sale for $190.00 at Vapor Nation. :)

hd_rider

Gongs are sold out already. I think there may be something to finding a local glass blower to modify the aroma bowl or even buy a stem.

They've never had any 18mm gongs in stock, at least none that I've seen. I've all but given up on PV. Researching other vendors....

OF

Ok, I'm actually considering getting one of these, lol Do I really need it?

Of course you don't need it, you already have a couple good vapes and you can always go back to blazing (heaven forbid.....). I too have those same vapes (and a few more.....) and can assure you if you get a Solo to add to that list it won't be unused.

In fact, I'll give you 4 to 1 it's the other way around. Get the Solo and filling a stem and running a session will happen way more often than filling the trench on the box and wondering about batteries.

I say go for it, you won't regret it. This thread got to over 1000 pages for a reason.

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Of course you don't need it, you already have a couple good vapes and you can always go back to blazing (heaven forbid.....). I too have those same vapes (and a few more.....) and can assure you if you get a Solo to add to that list it won't be unused.

In fact, I'll give you 4 to 1 it's the other way around. Get the Solo and filling a stem and running a session will happen way more often than filling the trench on the box and wondering about batteries.

I say go for it, you won't regret it. This thread got to over 1000 pages for a reason.

OF

What about the lifetime warranty for $60.00? Is that worth it?

Vicki,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Ok, I'm actually considering getting one of these, lol Do I really need it? I already have an Herbalaire, Magic Flight Launch Box (cherry) and concentrate pens. Opinions are appreciated.

I can get a brand new one, on sale for $190.00 at Vapor Nation. :)

Can a person have too many toys? Really, the portability really makes this a nice unit. It's car-worthy. Puffitup has them for $160, with an excellent return policy. YOU NEED IT.

Don 't know a thing about Lifetime warranty: sounds reasonable.

macbill,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom